Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie invasion! What do you do?!
Posted Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Laureate

Laureate

Caless Student
Caless Student
This should be fun.

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse without going mad comes down to three factors: weapons, location, and emotional support.

1: Weapons

Melee: Swords, knives and bayonets are all very risky. Each demands that you venture dangerously close to the enemy. You also run the risk of committing yourself to a single target, allowing other zombies to flank you. Better, if possible, to avoid the use of melee weapons. If you must use a melee weapon, go with something like a katana, whose razor-sharp blade sails clean through a target, allowing you to quickly respond to other threats.

Ranged: Guns: Pistols are ideal. Unlike assault rifles, they're light and easy to use. Heavier weapons like machine guns make quick getaways (a staple of apocalypse lifestyle) impossible. Stick with something like a Glock 27. The G27 is feather-light, sharply accurate, and powerful.

Ranged: Bows: Compound bows are the way to go. They pack a powerful punch, and reload quicker than crossbows of similar strength.

Hand Grenades: Know your hand grenades! This is absolutely vital. There are two main types of grenades: defensive and offensive. The distinction is hugely important. Defensive grenades have a higher blast radius than range, and are meant to be thrown from cover. If you throw a defensive grenade from an exposed position, you'll be caught in the blast. Offensive grenades have a shorter blast radius, and are designed to be used on the move. Make sure you know which kind you have.

2: Location

A good location serves two purposes: first, it facilitates the procuration of food; second, it protects its inhabitants from the brain-sucking menace. Deserted islands are hot commodities. Same goes for Antarctic real-estate. Both locations provide protection and steady sources of food.

If landlocked, adapt your surroundings into a fortress. In a city, for example, you could try blowing out an apartment building's stairwell, making your residence only accessible by rope. Zombies, being stupid, lack the ingenuity and persistence to design adequate siege equipment. Use that to your advantage. In an apartment you would also be able to forage the deserted rooms for food, toilet paper and toothpaste.

3: Emotional Support

Man is not made to be alone. Total autonomy is maddening. Living alone in a wasteland-world overrun by the undead would drive even the most stable person insane. It might even push you to suicide. Better to avoid that. As soon as the news of the zombie invasion breaks, attach yourself to someone. In a pinch, almost anyone will do, but ideally it would be someone important: a lover, family member or friend. Guard this person with your life; it just might depend on it. (Edit: On second thought, it wouldn't hurt to grab a CD player and a Scandal album or two.)

Step-by-step it all looks something like this:

1. Waste no time in finding a companion. Glue yourselves together. (Metaphor.)
2. Acquire a weapon. Pistols are ideal, but anything is better than nothing.
3. Hole yourself up in a 'fortress.' (With as much supplies as possible.)

Hope to be seeing you after the End!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:48 pm

menadorui

menadorui

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
:|

Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 AYUQAuy
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Ryuuseigun_39

Ryuuseigun_39

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If there was a zombie apocalypse, the very first thing to keep in mind is to avoid any large urban agglomerations, because of the potentially millions of zombies that could be there. The downside is that those urban agglomerations could have vast amounts of supplies (like food, water and weapons), but it still best to avoid them.
When it comes to location, it would be best to flee to any of the following:

A) A very remote island: islands such as Tristan da Cunha, Nauru, Easter Island, Ascension Island and Tuvalu. Due to their remoteness it is unlikely that they have been affected by the apocalypse. These places are all very isolated and have substantial populations, with Nauru and Tuvalu actually being separate countries with their own economies and stuff.

B) A ghost town: while it is unlikely that there will be supplies, there is plenty of shelter.

C) At sea: hop on a boat, cruise ship, yacht, etc, and roam the zombie-free seas for the remainder of your days.

It is possible that rebel militant groups are still fine, since they have access to lots of weapons and already killed a bunch of people even before the apocalypse. Groups such as M23, Al-Shabaab, ISIS, the Taliban, etc.
Places once deemed "dangerous due to an on-going war" might actually be the safest places in a zombie apocalypse because the people with guns will most likely stop fighting each other and focus on killing the zombies. Places such as Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Syria, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Afghanistan, etc.
North Korea might be zombie-free in such event because getting there is very difficult and time-consuming and not to mention that it already closed its borders because of the Ebola outbreak.

Sukyandaru desu~!
Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 Siggys11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 am

Kimochii

Kimochii

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://tnmaa.net
Gonna kill them all. :D

............Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 TvJ2ywx
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:54 am

Rinakkusu

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh, I'm gonna start to looking for good materials that can kill zombies.. (RECYCLE)  :whip:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:04 am

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Note to myself:
In case of Zombie Apocalypse:
1 Raid nearest museum for late Gothic Full Plate armour
2 Wear it
3 Go to nearest zombie infestation
4 Enjoy sound of zombie teeth breaking on hardened steel of armour
5 Laugh at toothless zombies
6 Go home
.happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:24 am

Rinakkusu

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gonna get my german shepard dog, to talk if I'm bored. 

And jeep,  AK-47.

SCANDAL
RINA IS MY BIAS!!!

Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 Cguh1xJU0AA4elg
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Haikezeh

Haikezeh

Caless Student
Caless Student
I would gather all the supplies I can like food and water. Then I would get all the weapons I can like swords (preferably katanas) and guns if I can. And I would lock myself in my house.

Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 Ruby_s11
1st Scandal Concert - Barcelona European Yellow Tour 21/09/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
1. First, find the cause of the zombie. Is it a virus like in Resident Evil series? Or is it some kind of natural phenomenon which we cannot avoid like in The Walking Dead? If it's a virus or some alien being, it might be better to find a way to kill the source first, which means try to find weapons and ammo as well as some kind of vaccine. But if it's a dormant thingy like in TWD? I would try to find as much food as possible to survive, then a few weapons, and a nice unoccupied place to live.

2. Modify weapons so it can be as stealthy and all-around as possible. A crossbow would be ideal, as it can be silent and you can probably use its ammo as a melee weapon. The more common weapon would be handgun, so modify that with a silencer and use duct tape to attach an extra knife on the grip. You don't need to kill the far away zombies, so save rifles for when you have a fortress to defend.

3. Find shelter. If it has a sturdy wall and sturdy roof, it's defensible enough. If zombies are attracted by sound or sight, it's easy. If they're attracted by scent, I'd cover myself with parts of the zombies I managed to kill.

The rest depends on how the days go. As long as the basics (food, protection, shelter) is sufficient, chance of survival increases by a lot. Hopefully...

.omg.Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:45 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well I thought long and hard about this.

So depending on my location, and the source of the zombie invasion.

If I was in a highly populated city, which I would most likely try to find my way out of the city to where I'm not so surrounded by zombies. As I make my way out, I would find some form of defense whether it be a melee weapon or a projectile of some sort. I would also find food to last me a while. I wouldn't be sticking close to anybody unless they are really useful ( though it is hard for me to say no to someone lol). If I was in Japan, though I would look for Mami (sorry about the others, I just really love Mami, but if she wanted to take them along, I would let her), and make my way towards the sea. Maybe a boat with a house.

Back to the city.... But I would set up fortification in a pretty secure building on the outskirts of the city for a couple of days rest, and then be on my again.

I would later be investigating to find the source of the infection and try to stop, unless  impossible to, then I would just live with it and fight to survive as long as possible until I can grow a beard ( I can't grow one for some odd reason, all my friends have one. Lol)

Zombie invasion! What do you do?! - Page 2 Standa16
Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum