Re: 6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』
Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:16 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
metalleo wrote:
Perhaps, but I don't think so, especially as final sales is not as similar as you think (IMO)

Well I'm going by Wikipedia and I'm not sure where those numbers come from, but for all five previous original albums, the sales listed are 53k, 60k, 56k, 50k, 58k (all rounded off). That's amazingly consistent IMO - I can't think of another band of their size that's had album sales within a 10k spread on five subsequent releases. And there doesn't seem to be a trend - the numbers are up and down within that spread, but the jump from QAT to STANDARD was higher than any previous jump so it seemed like it might have been a real thing (new fans) and not just statistical noise. I think we were all hoping for that.

STANDARD is really an anomaly which I can't really find an argument for,

It seems to just be on the higher end of their 50-60k range.

maharizm wrote:I also hope that the suits in Sony/Epic won't get the girls to devolve to having outside writers again if they think the sales are not good enough.

I feel like this had to be a cheaper album to produce than STANDARD, though, since there aren't any big names attached to the producing or songwriting. Maybe that was the strategy, and it could still end up being more profitable even with sales on the low end of their range. I'm sure the record label would prefer to not have to pay extra for someone like Yasutaka Nakata if they can get close to the same sales anyway.

I do hope they go back to a fall release next year, though. And I'd prefer a different type of cover shot; I like the cover of HW as a photo but I don't feel it functions well as advertising.

This is all Monday morning quarterbacking, of course.

Back to top Go down

About Hello World Album
Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Sonsay

Sonsay

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/toytoy81
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

.love.  I'm so happy !  I was buy this album by Itunes, and now i only listen this album , it make me feel emotional xo. SCANDAL for ever ! I'm hope i can come to see your show at Paris soon ! <3

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Still haven't got my package, I did take a slow and cheap shipping method but I'm getting a bit nervous ^^

Well, still listening to the album on repeat and it's fantastic but I want to get the CD .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:41 am

Sonsay

Sonsay

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/toytoy81

je suis francais aussi ! c'est plutot rare ici !

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Still haven't got my package, I did take a slow and cheap shipping method but I'm getting a bit nervous ^^

Well, still listening to the album on repeat and it's fantastic but I want to get the CD .waaa.
Same here, i still wait for my CDs. I've contacted CDJapan and they said that every year in dec there are an enormous number of orders and is not unusual for delivery to take few extra weeks. So need to wait a little longer.

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 17 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:43 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hi Sonsay, no there are a lot of french around here =P

Yeah about Christmas and all that's normal so I just hope it's coming very slowly and it's not lost somewhere :s

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 pm

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Some news about Hello World sales ?

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.
Please Follow my new little YTube channel dedicated to SCANDAL ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvp3QIOGIRc
Mio articolo in italiano sul blog di Desideri D'Oriente (Italian)
http://fabcollection.blogspot.it/2014/07/jmusic-le-scandal.html#more

SCANDAL simply the best band of the planet !
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo
same for me. I have a track number but nothing has changed since the 5th (Registered SAL). I have the album on my computer but I wait until I received the package Happy.

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 17 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:27 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
3rd week: #45 with 2,229 copies (total: 42,773)

3rd week/total sales till 3rd week for their other albums:
1. TEMPTATION BOX - 4,811 (49,941)
2. SCANDAL SHOW - 4,089 (54,290)
3. BABY ACTION - 3,738 (49,207)
4. BEST SCANDAL - 3,336 (39,506)
5. QAT - 2,856 (43,879)
6. STANDARD - 2,781 (51,250)
7. HELLO WORLD - 2,229 (42,773)
8. ENCORE SHOW - 1,755 (34,788)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO WORLD also made it to the South Korean Gaon's International Albums chart at #32!

Their other albums on the same chart:
1. STANDARD - #15
2. ENCORE SHOW - #18
3. BABY ACTION - #20
4. SCANDAL SHOW - #21
5. HELLO WORLD - #32
6. QAT - #35
7. TEMPTATION BOX - #45
8. BEST SCANDAL - [failed to chart]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image debuted at #5 on Radio Television Hong Kong's J-Pop Chart. This is the first time they charted on this list since OVER DRIVE!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:58 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks as always ! You didn't include the mini-album, for a second I thought my datas were wrong when I looked at your list haha because in my stats it's their third worst 3rd week ^^ I guess the mini-album shouldn't be include true!

About the stats, and you can think what you want about it, it's clearly not as good as in the past. It's not about the quality, just facts (it's probably my fav album ^^ oh well i love them all!). And it's probably because of Christmas yes.

And we don't know other official stats like international sales.

I really hope it could sell again after Christmas/New Year and with the help of the World Tour and all but it's unlikely they suddenly sale a lot.

For 4th week for example, and if we exclude the mini-album, they usually sell between 1200-3000 copies. And then every week it gets smaller. So it's almost impossible that this go up like crazy.

Again sales doesn't mean quality! But for me it's a bit sad because that is their first "own" album with THEIR songs, I was hoping for them and their company that this could break some records!

Imagine it... the girls make their own music and break a new sale record??! How great would that have been for them and the company? Happy But yes again, we only know the japanese sales not the full stats.

On a side note, still didn't get my package, I guess it's over for christmas ^^ I just hope to get it later ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I still think it's important to know the digital sales, but I haven't found anywhere that this is recorded. I've been having PM conversations with some people who live in my area, and like me, none of them have purchased a physical CD from Scandal. All of our purchases are MP3 downloads. Heck, one girl even went so far as to say she doesn't even own anything she could play a CD on. We are rapidly approaching an age where physical CD sales will be an irrelevantly small percentage of overall sales.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
My CDs just arrived. Right now i listen the album.....OMG is amazing...i've never thought it will be that good, every single song is amazing.....and the t-shit is the perfect size ٩(♡ε♡ )۶....also i like the DVD, unfortunately i don't know japanese

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:41 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:I still think it's important to know the digital sales, but I haven't found anywhere that this is recorded. I've been having PM conversations with some people who live in my area, and like me, none of them have purchased a physical CD from Scandal. All of our purchases are MP3 downloads. Heck, one girl even went so far as to say she doesn't even own anything she could play a CD on. We are rapidly approaching an age where physical CD sales will be an irrelevantly small percentage of overall sales.

I agree with you but the oricon japanese physical sales is the only stat we have ^^

Obviously they sold more albums/singles that the oricon number displayed but when talking about stat it's the only stat we have T_T

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I received my vinyl records a couple of days ago. What does anyone think of them?

Personally, I thought the tone was pretty good even though it's not of the 180g audiophile variety (which I thought it was seeing that the record is divided into 4 sides). It's been a while since I last sat down on the sofa just to enjoy music at home as opposed to some iPod hooked to a pair of headphones whilst on the go!

Equipment: Pro-Ject DEBUT turntable --> Pioneer A300X 30W integrated amp --> Gale floorstanding speakers

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 17 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:18 am

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
I gave this an album a listen for a few times now, maybe for songs to grow on me. Onegai navigation is definitely my favorite and one of the best song released by scandal in a long time, but unfortunately it's too short.
As for the rest of the tracks.....I didn't enjoy them. Didn't like this album, sadly. I don't think any album will come as close to Queens are trumps. That had to be my most favorite album, and enjoyed every single track.

I just feel like they are just changing their style, which they had back in 2012. Some people may say they're 'evolving', but i just can't get used to it, because it's not the same scandal which i fall in love with.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:17 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I got it today yeah HAPPY!!! .clap.

Album + Image single and the 2 posters .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:57 pm

tokyoskyscraper

tokyoskyscraper

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.tokyoskyscraper.com
I'm not sure if it's been asked (and answered) yet, but does anybody know how many copies they released on vinyl?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I'vs just saw on CDJapan that 「HELLO WORLD」 is on 31 in CDJapan best sellers for 2014. And 「IMAGE」is on 29. Unfortunately no sales number.

Edit:
I`ve just asked CDJapan on facebook about sales for 「HELLO WORLD」 and they said "As for "Hello World," over hundreds copies have been sold just for one edition."

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ranking/archive/2014?opt.include_eoa=0&opt.on_released=1&page=2

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:35 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
saldiven wrote:I still think it's important to know the digital sales, but I haven't found anywhere that this is recorded.

Well, I don't think they'd be a lot different than STANDARD, which was just one year ago. There hasn't been a massive uptick in Japanese digital downloads in the past year. The vast majority of people in Japan still buy CD's. So for comparison purposes, the Oricon number still works.

Similarly, I don't think the overseas numbers really matter much, since Japan will always be their primary market and most of those sales are actually included in the Japan numbers anyway. All the CD's shipped by CDJapan, HMV, etc. overseas are technically Japanese sales. We are included in that number.

Bottom line seems to be that this album just isn't selling like most of their past ones, probably for various reasons.

The tour should at least help it get to 50k, but it's definitely looking like more of a struggle than past albums.

btw, I received my vinyl copy but haven't listened to it yet. (I do plan to one of these days, but my turntable's in the attic right now.) I'm really pleased with the packaging overall - it looks great with that big artwork, and I love that they only put three tracks on per side. But my wrapper had the same open edge as whoever else had that issue in this thread. That's a little annoying since I consider this more of a collectible than anything.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 pm

tokyoskyscraper

tokyoskyscraper

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.tokyoskyscraper.com
50,000 isn't so bad. Here in Australia, Beyoncé got number 1 with only 4,200 album sales. Then Ed Sheeran got #1 with 4,600.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
spacecadet wrote:
saldiven wrote:I still think it's important to know the digital sales, but I haven't found anywhere that this is recorded.

Well, I don't think they'd be a lot different than STANDARD, which was just one year ago. There hasn't been a massive uptick in Japanese digital downloads in the past year. The vast majority of people in Japan still buy CD's. So for comparison purposes, the Oricon number still works.
maybe for artist under the 'rock' label, japan is following the digital trend as all the rest of the world for their pop releases. artist who sells a lot are the one who release at least 3 different versions of their cd with bonus and/or applications for lotteries or some other events. also, albums do sells more thant regular singles because japanese generic listeners start to download singular songs and then buy the full album in physical cd. at least for the pop music. oricon should update itself

talking about rankings etc I wonder if the vinyl edition counted on the oricon sales. special cd version such as music cards (popular in the winter period) aren't counted, so maybe also the vinyls?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:25 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
4th week sales on Oricon: #67 with 1,734 copies (total: 44,507 copies)

Btw just a little fun fact about digital sales in Japan: people bought 11% less digital music in Japan in the first 3 quarters of 2014 than in the the first 3 quarters of 2013

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:32 am

Diegoywea

Diegoywea

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello World doesn't come with any bonus now, right ? Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Diegoywea wrote:Hello World doesn't come with any bonus now, right ? Sad

All stores are sold out of the bonuses like the poster or any of clear files.

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @ 茨城 - 水戸 - 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ 福岡 - 東京 08.21 Sekai Ichi 2024 LUMINOUS @ 名古屋 - 横浜 - 大阪 - 奈良
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:52 am

Justene LYS

Justene LYS

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i only get the poster but not the clear file Sad

i really want the clear file which  have their printed autograph

.waaa.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]