Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 20th Single - 「Image」
Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:00 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
^I didn't pay attention it was on the 「Image」topic. Ofc I mean title of their Wold Tour Happy

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:28 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ah posted here too ^^ Well like I said in the gallery thread, it's a cool cover but I was expecting a "real" design with outfits and all. While it looks nice it has that quality "fan made" feeling, they could have made a quick photoshoot Sad But well at least it's photos from the live so that's cool!!!

About the video I just asked in the other thread too but... is this the first part of the MV to come? Or just a special video while waiting for the official MV ?

About the video being available outside Japan.. it's about time ^^ Yeah probably because there is a world tour coming so that makes sense, hopefully they will always do it in the future.

The lyrics look beautiful Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:11 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
it seemed to me that this video is going to be the PV of the song and it's also more like an inspirational message that the girls want to convey to people properly

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well the video can be viewed in our country as well... anyway, I'm second guessing that the video is somewhat like what happened with OVER DRIVE. They released a recording-like video and then the PV comes out different but I might be wrong here

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:49 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
oh yeah, could be; but the girls haven't blogged about filming a music video yet if I could remember correctly

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Laureate

Laureate

Caless Student
Caless Student
This song is seriously dope. I have high hopes for Hello World.

While the song is practically flawless, the mixing, unfortunately, is not. It's a rock song mixed like a pop song. The vocals are too loud, the guitars too soft. Scandal deserves a better engineer. Maybe it just my quirky ears, but I think most of their recent singles would have sounded better with a more hardcore mix.

Eyes on the prize though. Hello World will rock.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:14 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Here's a short lyric video for "Image" that was posted on SCANDAL's official YouTube. It's surprisingly viewable for people in the US!

The instrumental for this song is nice

20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:52 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The video clip will be different from the one of Youtube, we have a glimpse of it on this short video about their collaboration with the women japanese football team!

We can sense a "garage rock" feeling in this preview with the setting, I like that!^_^

Credits: 2XCanterian

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I actually really like their clear vocals *-* I don't have a huge preference so I thought this song was among one of the best mixed. At least, the balance was nice for me. I'd love if Rina and Tomomi's bass were pushed up more though (as with all their other songs haha). 

When I saw "Lyric Video" I just knew there was also going to be a standard music video as well and I'm not disappointed! I love the garage look and the vintage look. They look beautiful with it <3 Plus, Mami's onesie costume just stole the highlight xD A friend and I were just talking about how we'd love to see Scandal wearing animal costumes and she sure hit the money! I swear SCANDAL are miracle workers - they make all my wishes come true *o* I am so so so excited for the full versions of both! 

Any guesses on when they'll release them? For the lyric video I'm thinking in a few days since they already released the short version and for the standard version... I have no idea.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:49 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like the crisp drums in the mix.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

waning_moon wrote: I'd love if Rina and Tomomi's bass were pushed up more though (as with all their other songs haha). 

THIS. 

Image really is a great song and all the instrumentals are amazing, but the mixing of the bass and Rina's bass drum is *really* bothering me. Usually it's not as bad as this, and you can still hear it, but I can't even hear Rina's bass drum this time amidst everything else. I really do hope that the rest of the songs in HELLO WORLD aren't going to be like this~

On a lighter note, I really can't wait for the pv! I really dig what Tomo's wearing from what I can see lol and it just looks like the band's having fun and jamming about. Pretty great from the preview!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I can't wait to see the PV! It looks awesome. It seems similar to Shunkan. .love.

The single's cover is just an OK... Way better than the cover of Overdrive single..

20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:45 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh thanks Yuffie!! So it's really just a promo/lyrics video not the real MV at all!

The real MV looks amazing, rock oriented, maybe some Shunkan style.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I feel that they're matured already in this track, as I listen, I notice that their music widens interntinally. This time they really deserved it... 20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 628112

20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Looking pretty good, it's been a while since there was a PV like that. Good to see there is another PV apart from the Youtube video, can't wait for this.

And did anyone notice they spelled HARU's name at 1:00 wrongly? They called her Haruka instead lol, even though they got it right 30 seconds earlier.

20th Single - 「Image」 - Page 4 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
As a sound engineer I really have to say that SCANDAL is getting used to the low kick bass/far drum sound (being mention not to punchy), but who cares, the quality of the mix is good (for me its well balanced and I really really liked the Vocal Sound). I mean its their signature/characteristic of mix (even though they have like 1 or 2 song that have punchy Drum/kick bass like STANDARD). Engineers will try as much as possible to make the music as good as they want. On the other side of Mixing technique aside from scandal, One Ok Rock have their drum sounds very very punchy and forward, L'arc~en~Ciel have their drum sounds more balanced to the song and mid focused, Silent Siren tends to have the same vocal mix after they already entered the label (try to hear the mix before and after they got into record label) and a very balanced mix between all those instrument, Alexandros have punchy drum sounds (not as punchy as One Ok Rock) and have slightly lowered vocal sound which make them have more instrumental feel to the mix. The point is that we have to see and hear every bands signature and characteristic of the mix (whats the point of having different great sound engineer if they all want the quality and sound of the mix to be the same). I pretty inspired by the vocal sound in Image. hope this help Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I do think their more recent mixes generally don't capture their live sound, and I'd prefer it if they did. (They've always been a live band first.) But that's not totally new; if you look at even how a lot of Temptation Box is mixed, that album often sounds nothing like those songs do live. So this practice goes back a few years at least.

I do think this song is better live, but most of their songs are better live. Maybe there's another part of the song I'm forgetting that's not in the videos above, but I feel like it's mixed like a catchy pop song but it's not a catchy pop song. It needs to have more of a driving force behind it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Ohh so there's indeed a PV, and it looks nice. I already like Tomomi's outfit

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, I've gotten used to the fact that the band's bass sound isn't really pushed forward (which is regrettable), but all I'm asking for is for that bass drum to at least be audible. I can't hear anything at all in the recording, and honestly taking the bass drum away is detracting quite a bit from the overall dynamics that the drums are supposed to produce. I do understand that each band will have quite a bit of difference when it comes to the mixing, especially when it comes to the loud/softness of a certain instrument, but that doesn't justify the fact that the bass side of the band isn't really well mixed. I do agree though, in saying that other than that, the song was relatively well-mixed, although it is mixed more like a pop song rather than a rock song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't think this is double posting, but if it is, mods can you just merge them together? Thanks. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:15 am

AndraFahlevi

AndraFahlevi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://andrafahlevi.wordpress.com
i saw United States of America flag... in that PV

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:26 am

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
wow it's a beautiful song and video.
.wow.

just ordered... .wow. on CDJapan.
cant wait

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Next time, please edit your first post if you want to add something else.)

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.
Please Follow my new little YTube channel dedicated to SCANDAL ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvp3QIOGIRc
Mio articolo in italiano sul blog di Desideri D'Oriente (Italian)
http://fabcollection.blogspot.it/2014/07/jmusic-le-scandal.html#more

SCANDAL simply the best band of the planet !
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:31 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
OMG that PV looks awesome, what are they going to do at the end of that preview?! =P Hope we get the full version soon LOVE LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:32 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
First of all, I must say the 30-second plus or so PV was great...

Second, I think the PV has some meaning on the places that they're going to visit in the Hello World tour...

P.S. Haruna sure looks so pretty in the clip

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Why do I have the feeling hat Nainai Night 2014 is going to be a crazy song lol? Or maybe it will be a sweet ballad =)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.