You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi?
Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 am

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
So I finally got my copy of Hello World and was listening, liking the album as expected and then track 11 comes on and im...not believing what I am hearing.

At first it was so out of place and I thought I was listening to a different group as if someone slipped a song from a great pop group onto the album because I never seem to be able to remember what Rina's voice sounds like.

Best song on the album.

Its so well put together from the background electronic beat right to the insanely catchy rhythmic vocals and I wonder if they had a special producer come in for this? The quality of the arrangement seems so much higher than other songs, reminds me of Overdrive.

Well done Rina!

I could actually see AKB48 doing a cover of this... .hail.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi?
Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:59 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I like Oyasumi as well. Rina pulled off a nice trip-hop song despite of her heavily synthesized vocals. I love it being played on my turntable.

However, Oyasumi doesn't match to the overall retro concept of Hello World. It would be nice if Scandal will release a trip-hop and electronica-inspired album and include this as the final track.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:06 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I was really, really (and pleasantly) surprised by the strong MBV/shoegaze vibe of the arrangements. I really wasn't expecting something like that from the band, especially from Rina. I also don't really get why so many people are complaining about the altered vocals, it fits the song and it's only noticeable on a very few occasions. In the very last words of the song (sonna koto wo omotte oyasumi), her voice is so pure and gorgeous. 

On a sidenote, I also want to say that the other "special" song of the album, Mami's "Hon wo Yomu", is just as surprising and refreshing for me. Those two songs, plus the overall strong quality of the others songs, have really convinced me that we've only just begun to realize how talented they are.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:35 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I was very surprised by Oyasumi because of the influences that are obvious, and that Rina's admitted to. I never expected shoegaze to be her taste.

It's honestly not my favorite song on the album, but I'm happy to hear them branching out and getting a more varied outlook on music. I've read about plenty of their past influences and most of them are pretty standard rock staples. But shoegaze? That's a new one, and it's not something you expect to hear from a Japanese pop/rock band.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
At first, I guess I was surprised because I haven't heard much shoegaze before. I wasn't used to the heavily distorted guitar sound, and some fans (myself included) wanted to hear RINA's voice unaltered because her previous songs had extensive use of autotune/effects. Not that her vocals were bad and needed correction, but I think it was used in Koi no Hajimari wa Diet to fit with the electropop song, which I'm okay with.

After listening to the song for a while, though, I've come to like it more. Her vocals really do fit well with the song and convey a lot of emotion.

Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi? 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:09 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
yep, the song is just so good and it's really well experimented. This song is one of my most fave from this album.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi? Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:37 am

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
MamiNoodles wrote:However, Oyasumi doesn't match to the overall retro concept of Hello World. It would be nice if Scandal will release a trip-hop and electronica-inspired album and include this as the final track.

Actually I believe this is why I was so shocked by the song and actually like it more than I normally would. Sure I am prone to catchy lyrics like everyone else but normally I don't go for pop music.

Its the fact that the song doesn't belong and stands out that sticks with me the most.

I always seem to give more credit to a band when the break their own mold so to speak. The more they experiment the more I like them, or the more they cross genre's the more I like them. To me it means they have depth as a band.

For some reason bands like Kontrust or System of a Down (Chop Suey) really stand out since they experiment with at least some of their songs while bands like Led Zeppelin stand high on my list due to their wide range of genre's their songs are spread throughout.

Is it just me? or am I just blowing it way out of proportion? I have seen greatness in Scandal and really think they can very well end up being a band with incredible depth if they manage to stay together and continue to put out albums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:18 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
wolonggong wrote:Is it just me? or am I just blowing it way out of proportion? I have seen greatness in Scandal and really think they can very well end up being a band with incredible depth if they manage to stay together and continue to put out albums.

No, I totally agree. I think we've only just begun to see their real potential.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:10 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:I'm happy to hear them branching out and getting a more varied outlook on music. 
this is what the aspect of SCANDAL I like the most, you really just can't get tired from listening to them. I didnt know what shoegaze was but thanks to the song and RINA mentioning it on twitter, my knowledge broaden up.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi? Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 am

Rinakkusu

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://tnmaa.net
Yeahh! That song is really come into my nerves. I can't even imagine that Rina can sing better. And her voice is sooo! Adorable.  Onion Love

SCANDAL
RINA IS MY BIAS!!!

Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi? Cguh1xJU0AA4elg
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:18 am

Bankai_Mami

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
The hyper-synthed vocals freaked me out the first time round. Especially since it took me ages to even work out who was singing. But the second time round I realised that it was an awesome song and it is my third favourite on the album now. (1. Onegai Navigation, 2. Hon wo yomu 3. Oyasumi)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 2:03 am

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
First Time I Heard This Song I Needed To Have It, I Recently Figured Out That This Was Rina's Voice ( I Thought It Was Tomomi's From December-Early May ) LOL But I Love Rina's Individual Songs It Shows Her Ability & This One Of My Favorite Songs On HW It Has 205 Plays On My iTunes

Am I the only one suprised by Oyasumi? G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.