Go down

BAND-MAID [Page 15 of 19]

Re: BAND-MAID
Posted Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:43 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes the Japanese Government has issued regulations, the audience has to be two metres away from the performers and the performers and the audience have to be at least a metre apart so obviously you can not get so many people in the venue Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
tonymiller wrote:Yes the Japanese Government has issued regulations, the audience has to be two metres away from the performers and the performers and the audience have to be at least a metre apart so obviously you can not get so many people in the venue Sad
I hope that by the beginning of February these rules will change for the better.
Tickets lottery starts tomorrow. I will try to participate
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hopefully that doesn't means tickets might be very limited. Budokan is big but not Tokyo Dome big. So not only will it look half empty on the day but also they might cut the amount of tickets on sale too. To regulate crowd level. Hopefully this will change by then, so everyone can have a chance to go .deli.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The new official upload is great as usual:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
BAND-MAID / FREEDOM (Feb. 14th, 2020)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:25 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I so love their Isano Kagami tees (I have three) but can’t get this as I’m not in their FC. Shoot!

There’s a preorder period between 7/2-7/5. Price 4000yen.

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:I so love their Isano Kagami tees (I have three) but can’t get this as I’m not in their FC. Shoot!

FC costs just 550 yen per month. And I think you can cancel it after order

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
• Information about BAND-MAID's first online OKYU-JI performance
Footage will be shot from up on the stage to bring you a view you can't normally see!
You can enjoy seeing up-close shots of band members in this special OKYU-JI performance that's only made possible through online streaming.

■After the live stream has finished, ticket purchasers can watch the archived video until [2020/7/26 (Sun) 23:59 JST ].
■You may watch the archived video as many times as you want during the archive period.

"BAND-MAID ONLINE OKYU-JI"
Date: Thursday, July 23rd (Holiday) starting at 4:00 p.m. (JST)

Tickets: OMEISYUSAMA ¥1,000 / general ¥1,500

Ticket sales date: Thursday, July 9th at 12:00 p.m. (JST)

*Tickets come in two types: domestic tickets and international tickets (English tickets).
All tickets grant access to the same video stream.

for overseas→ZAIKO(English)   

・OMEISYUSAMA TICKET(1,000yen)
※limited for overseas OMEISYUSAMA(limited for payed fanclub members)

・GENERAL TICKET(1,500yen)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Latest official uploads:

CROSS:

Wonderland:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Meph1766 wrote:
kudo_maharizu wrote:I so love their Isano Kagami tees (I have three) but can’t get this as I’m not in their FC. Shoot!

FC costs just 550 yen per month. And I think you can cancel it after order

Just bought that tee this minute! w00t.

Grin

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:25 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:Just bought that tee this minute! w00t.

Grin
I didn't buy a shirt, but I was watching a online concert. They did a great performance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Meph1766 wrote:
kudo_maharizu wrote:Just bought that tee this minute! w00t.

Grin
I didn't buy a shirt, but I was watching a online concert. They did a great performance.

I did consider joining the paid membership but decided against it. I like the band but not enough, I guess.

Looking forward for the tee to arrive. When I bought it online yesterday, I had just spent a few quid on the latest SCANDAL tees... spending too much money in Japan although I am not even living there.

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:35 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
kudo_maharizu wrote:
I did consider joining the paid membership but decided against it. I like the band but not enough, I guess.

Looking forward for the tee to arrive. When I bought it online yesterday, I had just spent a few quid on the latest SCANDAL tees... spending too much money in Japan although I am not even living there.

Grin
If curious, here's an unused quote from my Guitar World interview with Kanami, "I sometimes compose my songs based on the chord progression of the background accompaniment, but, I often record the melodies that pop up into my head onto the voice memo of my iPhone, so I sometimes structure my songs around the melodies that I have saved before I put together the chord progression!

I use Cubase for DAW to roughly form the vocal melody, guitar track, and drum patterns. After that, I do a simple 2mix of the generated data and send to MISA, the bass player, and get the audio data of the bass. I do a 2mix of that data again and send it to the members. That’s the process that I recently use quite often."

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:06 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
mbowie4321 wrote:
If curious, here's an unused quote from my Guitar World interview with Kanami, "I sometimes compose my songs based on the chord progression of the background accompaniment, but, I often record the melodies that pop up into my head onto the voice memo of my iPhone, so I sometimes structure my songs around the melodies that I have saved before I put together the chord progression!

I use Cubase for DAW to roughly form the vocal melody, guitar track, and drum patterns. After that, I do a simple 2mix of the generated data and send to MISA, the bass player, and get the audio data of the bass. I do a 2mix of that data again and send it to the members. That’s the process that I recently use quite often."

I was wondering which bit of my post you are answering to but I figured out you probably clicked 'reply' by accident.

Grin

But on what you wrote - Kanami has got to be a superb songsmith. Not a big fanboy that can see nothing wrong with the band BUT... BM is one band that has songs which nearly all (if not all) have great hooks.

Not naming names, but you get to listen to bands (regardless if they are all-girl/all-guy) where the J-metal genre is predicated on ultra fast/complicated/heavy riffing played on expensive custom-made ESP (usually) guitars but devoid of any interesting melodies.

The hook-laden songs performed by BM is pretty much what makes me want to keep on listening to them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:57 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
kudo_maharizu wrote:I was wondering which bit of my post you are answering to but I figured out you probably clicked 'reply' by accident.

Grin
Ha, none of them I guess! Reading through the thread made me remember the interview. She also said this, "I was taking piano lessons when I was in high school, so I joined the Light Music Club as a keyboard player. When I saw a senior club member playing the guitar, I started to think that I would also like to play the guitar! I must admit that I also had an ulterior motive and wanted the junior members to say, “KANAMI is so cool!” (LoL)"

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:I did consider joining the paid membership but decided against it. I like the band but not enough, I guess.

Grin
I see, but first I thought you a fan if you bought a lot of their T-shirts. I`ve follow them for a long time, they`re in my top 3 Japanese bands. I joined the fan club for try to win a ticket to Budokan. Now just hope that in February it will be ending ban on flights between countries.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:23 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Meph1766 wrote:
I see, but first I thought you a fan if you bought a lot of their T-shirts. I`ve follow them for a long time, they`re in my top 3 Japanese bands. I joined the fan club for try to win a ticket to Budokan. Now just hope that in February it will be ending ban on flights between countries.

Oh I AM a fan but not a diehard one. Just not a level where I start craving to collect PRS and Zeimatis guitars, or 5-string basses while downing shots.

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:Oh I AM a fan but not a diehard one. Just not a level where I start craving to collect PRS and Zeimatis guitars, or 5-string basses while downing shots.

Grin
Heh, I don't think you must collect all guitars of bands you like. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:32 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Yup. I know. BTW I was just being facetious. hehe

Like I said before, I just didn't feel I wanna pay a single month's membership only to leave just because. Mendokuseiiii... ne.

I still buy their CDs. So still a fan. That's the end of this discussion anyways.

Grin

So, how was the gig?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:So, how was the gig?
Great! Like a real concert with lights and everything else, but without audience.The sound was very good, they're pros. If I'm not mistaken, about 15000 people watched the concert online. And according to the BARKS article, hashtag #bandmaidokyuji took the 2nd place in the Twitter trend during concert time

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Star~world96® wrote:Well 2 of the 5 girls don't really dress all maid-like (Saiki and Misa), so that should be good enough. 
Omg yes always thought this too! Imho Saiki and Misa could walk on stage during an Aldious live and actually fit right in with them, more than they do with their own band lol.

Misa's persona is "the cool mysterious one" which imo isn't maid-like at all, so having a maid-like outfit for her would just be odd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
That's right, but if you've been following the band from the very beginning, then you know that all of them was dressed up like maids, even Misa and Saiki. Only over time, they've changed their clothing style a bit...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:44 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Only started following them from "Choose Me" era, by which time their outfits had already been more tailored to their individual personalities. Thanks for telling me, I didn't know they'd all been maid-like before!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Perhaps then it is possible they'll eventually all evolve their look as well, as their personalities and tastes change over time. "Maid" is an identity more so than a look, imho, so there's a lot of flexibility there for them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:39 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Steadystate wrote:^Only started following them from "Choose Me" era, by which time their outfits had already been more tailored to their individual personalities. Thanks for telling me, I didn't know they'd all been maid-like before!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Perhaps then it is possible they'll eventually all evolve their look as well, as their personalities and tastes change over time. "Maid" is an identity more so than a look, imho, so there's a lot of flexibility there for them.
one of their first performances

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
2nd online BAND- MAID Okyu-ji show.

"BAND-MAID ONLINE OKYU-JI"
Date: Sunday August 16th starting at 4:00pm JST
Tickets:
Standard Tickets:
1,000 Yen for OMEISYUSAMA (Paid Fan Club Membership) /
1,500 Yen for General Admission 
The stream will be available via archive after the broadcast on
August 16th until 11:59pm on Wednesday August 19th.

Extended Archive Tickets: 2,500 Yen for OMEISYUSAMA Fan Club Members /
3,000 Yen for General Admission 
The stream will be available via archive after the broadcast on
August 16th until 11:59pm on Monday November 16th.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum