Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
winchesterkami wrote:Nice covers. It makes me think of those Kagen no Tsuki and colors OVERDRIVE.
thought exactly the same.

I dreamed that the cover would be up last night and here they are XD they look nice and different from usual standards. this release looks really promising

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:36 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, nice covers!I like them a lot, letting NYLON do the packaging wasn't a bad idea, really curious to see the entire CD case now

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:43 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I am really impressed with the artwork of the sleeve cover of Sisters! 

Manga meets haute couture.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:14 am

rinrin151091

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
Photobook bonus!
Definitely will buy the Regular Edition.
But I'll wait for stores bonus information to decide which store to preorder

All those MV making pics, description of the song, jacket covers, and first press bonuses successfully makes me hyped up!
This single really looks promising
I'm not this excited when waiting for Stamp! release.. haha

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
You're welcome RINA!!!  22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 620191
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 am

RyUs4k1

RyUs4k1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Im so excited to see all of these news and pics *o* For me this single is more attractive than Stamp! 
I'll pre order the 2 editions but also wait to see the bonuses of the other stores

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:42 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
First press bonus for the regular edition from CD Japan is a CARDBOARD SLEEVE??

SERIOUSLY??

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
MamiNoodles wrote:First press bonus for the regular edition from CD Japan is a CARDBOARD SLEEVE??

SERIOUSLY??
But it's not an external bonus, so shouldn't that mean it's the official first press bonus?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:54 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
according to cdjapan Tom Lord-Alge worked once again with scandal! nice (even if he's just an engineer in these last two release)

the cardboard sleeve is both a first press bonus in the regular but a normal feature for the limited? odd http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ESCL-4506
also Kenji Tamai is featured in this single. he probably helped mami with sisters

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I was kinda hoping for a preview of the song today  but I guess thiss is good too.

Looking at the cover up close,  they look really cool and nice, the first time I saw them I immediately thought of Kagen no Tsuki and Over Drive, and a bit of Runners High. I kinda like when they make these illustrated like cover arts. Onion Smile

One connection between the jacket art and the promotional picture is that they have the same outfits on, except Haruna doesn't have her hat on in the jacket art.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I will definitely buy the Limited Edition...  .clap. The Hello World Documentary is a good enough reason!

I'm excited for the MV... The pictures look promising... Nice one

And excited for the song too... I love music with acoustic as rhythm guitar...

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:40 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
reilachii wrote:according to cdjapan Tom Lord-Alge worked once again with scandal! nice (even if he's just an engineer in these last two release)

I think SCANDAL has worked with Lord-Alge for their upcoming release/s and future full-length album when the band was in the U.S.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:53 pm

FieDiT

Caless Student
Caless Student
anyone has any idea if the limited edition single with dvd sold on HMV has the same novelty as cdjapan's?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:13 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm really looking forward to this single! But, I'm the only one who is a little sad because of the sisters thing with all the girls? What about the boys? SCANDAL has also male fans! lol Happy) I hope this is not a weird thought of mine.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:22 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
FieDiT wrote:anyone has any idea if the limited edition single with dvd sold on HMV has the same novelty as cdjapan's?

Yes, it's the same. The only bonus that HMV is listing is that same cardboard/paper sleeve that's also offered on CDJ. Although CDJ doesn't list it with the LE too, HMV does say that it will come with it. So, since it looks like that sleeve is the general first press bonus for both editions, that means that it will be offered at every single store that offers the first press editions of the CDs.

If there will be any bonuses that will be specific to select stores (HMV, Tower, etc.), those will be announced at a later time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to post this again on this page.

The August issue of 7Pia (where "LIFE IS A JOURNEY" was talked about for the first time) mentions the new single:

The attitudes towards band's current mode and music appears in the songs of their single 「Sisters」 that will be released on 9/9. Following 「Stamp!」, this energetic ensemble was broken down as pop with Kenji Tamai as a sound producer and Tom Lord-Alge as an engineer.

Based on a favorite movie of RINA's, what SCANDAL wants to convey is represented in a danceable, open way.

"I was shocked by the Czech movie Daisies. During WWII and the Cold War, womens' freedoms were cheerfully and happily played with--a counterattack towards womens' worlds. It's very peaceful in this day and age, but it'd be nice to live even more freely. It isn't merely a women's cheer song; for us, as one of the few girl bands in the world, we wanted to also link in us battling it out in the band scene." (RINA)

While cherishing weapons of cute women and humor, MAMI wrote the song with the thoughts, "I wanted the chorus to explode all at once because the lyrics are filled with so much power."

"The demo that the two of them sent to us was delightful. The 〈Survive through this〉 in lyrics is all that women can do. Being crafty and being strong in life is definitely all that women do. We really felt like we needed to sing about this right now." (HARUNA)

Written by TOMOMI, the B-side song 「LIFE IS A JOURNEY」 is a song that was born out of a tough tour experience for her.

"I was in a pretty big slump. I went on our world tour as I was feeling worried and not able to write songs at all. After the tour was over, there was a moment where all of my worries disappeared. I thought, 'I might be able to write something now,' and I wrote this song." (TOMOMI)

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 pm

FieDiT

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
FieDiT wrote:anyone has any idea if the limited edition single with dvd sold on HMV has the same novelty as cdjapan's?

Yes, it's the same. The only bonus that HMV is listing is that same cardboard/paper sleeve that's also offered on CDJ. Although CDJ doesn't list it with the LE too, HMV does say that it will come with it. So, since it looks like that sleeve is the general first press bonus for both editions, that means that it will be offered at every single store that offers the first press editions of the CDs.

If there will be any bonuses that will be specific to select stores (HMV, Tower, etc.), those will be announced at a later time.
hey thanks so much. Was a little worried as to which one I should order from haha!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 pm

LAKAME_MAN

LAKAME_MAN

Caless Student
Caless Student
ScandalRO wrote:I'm really looking forward to this single! But, I'm the only one who is a little sad because of the sisters thing with all the girls? What about the boys? SCANDAL has also male fans! lol Happy) I hope this is not a weird thought of mine.
I kinda do feel left out CANTA Cry

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:47 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Well the song is called Sisters, of course they won't be bringing the boys in. Girl power! (I'm a guy btw.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:55 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
As tweeted by the radio station itself, "Sisters" will be aired for the first time on J-WAVE BEAT PLANET on 8/13.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:42 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Already? Can't wait 
I've also watched Daisie (the vintage movie from which RINA took inspiration) and it just made me even more curious and excited for this release. I'm really looking forwar the lyrics for the first time

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:11 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I hope this will be another punky sound Happy but it's just a wishful thinking so yeah Happy

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yes!  That's just 3 days away. .wow.  I remember Stamp! was announced it was gonna be aired 3 days later, it felt like time was going slow. I'm hoping we can get to Thursday quickly,  I can't wait to hear it. .happy.

A dancey rock tune with an acoustic rhythm guitar, sounds like it's gonna be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:32 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
Hmmm yeah kinda excited to hear it too Happy hoping for another Flashback no. 5 here lol

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:42 pm

eehbes

eehbes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Excited to hear this one Happy

Seems like they're going the One OK ROCK trajectory (slowly sounding western-ish)

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 4 XoxLbEh
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.