Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL has uploaded part one of a video digest about YELLOW called 「SCANDAL to New Album 『YELLOW』 wo Kikou - Konya wa Pizza Party!」 (Listening to New Album 『YELLOW』 With SCANDAL - Tonight's a Pizza Party!), which features the band having a pizza party and talking about the new songs on the album as clips of the tracks play in the background:

For those in countries unable to watch it, click to watch through a proxy

Subs can be found here

#front-page

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:14 am

SabreLilly

SabreLilly

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just from these little snippets, this may turn out to be my favorite album

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:05 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The only thing that bothers me slightly is that Haruna and Tomomi aren't really doing the lead vocals together anymore in the same song, that dynamic is one of my favorite things about the band. Could it be why Tomomi often looks kinda sad and not in a cheerful mood lately?

That's not a major issue though, and "Konya wa Pizza Party" sounds really good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
flyingwill wrote:The only thing that bothers me slightly is that Haruna and Tomomi aren't really doing the lead vocals together anymore in the same song, that dynamic is one of my favorite things about the band. Could it be why Tomomi often looks kinda sad and not in a cheerful mood lately?

That's not a major issue though, and "Konya wa Pizza Party" sounds really good.
I also miss that vocal interplay. I enjoy the different timbres and flavors of Haruna, 
Tomomi, and Mami's voices.  Hopefully they have another 'Kagen no Tsuki' , 'Namida yo Hikare' , 'Playboy' , or 'Happy Collector' in their future.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:52 pm

~kyu~

~kyu~

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the translation!

I don't know why, but seeing them interacting together always gives me a very nice feeling  .love.

Looking forward to part 2! LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Flyingwill
Tomomi mentionned in a recent interview that they are doing less vocals duets because their voices are too different. IMAO, I still think their voices can match, they did it in Hello World but maybe they just wanted to try something else! Ah also, there is no longer any previews of Yellow in Amazon...why?!!>.<)!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Yuffie wrote:@Flyingwill
Tomomi mentionned in a recent interview that they are doing less vocals duets because their voices are too different.

Makes sense to me. I think they're suited to different styles. And to be honest, some of the people I've played stuff like "Onegai Navigation" trying to get them into the band have been a little put off when Tomomi starts singing. I think she sounds better when a song is really "hers" rather than just coming in and singing one verse or bridge. It can be a really jarring transition when that happens. Their voices have really diverged over the years - if you listen to the first album, it can be hard to tell them apart. But now it's really obvious.

Ah also, there is no longer any previews of Yellow in Amazon...why?!!>.<)!

Think they probably jumped the gun a bit. No other Amazon site had those previews, and no other site at all that I could find for that matter.

btw did anyone else notice that Amazon UK put this album in the "disco" section?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:43 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
spacecadet wrote:I think she sounds better when a song is really "hers" rather than just coming in and singing one verse or bridge. It can be a really jarring transition when that happens. Their voices have really diverged over the years - if you listen to the first album, it can be hard to tell them apart. But now it's really obvious.
Now that I think about it I think you're right. It just pains me because I love her voice and obviously we won't be hearing it as much as we used to. At least she's still doing backing vocals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Haikezeh

Haikezeh

Caless Student
Caless Student
thank you so much!

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 Ruby_s11
1st Scandal Concert - Barcelona European Yellow Tour 21/09/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:16 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That video definitely makes the songs sound a lot better than the original amazon previews we heard last week. Hopefully it isn't as auto-tuned as I originally thought...

Also, I do agree that their voices are very different, but I wonder are they stopping Tomomi from singing backup vocals because they want to sound like a more consistent band vocally?

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
TOMOMI looks obviously sad... It worries me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Rift

Rift

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://scandalindahouse.blogspot.co.uk/
Liokt wrote:TOMOMI looks obviously sad... It worries me.
I've seen all the interviews I can count with SCANDAL and can honestly say I don't see TOMOMI looking any different here to how she normally would.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 9zr3EYo
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:42 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Liokt wrote:TOMOMI looks obviously sad... It worries me.

Tomomi often looks a little sad if you want to call it that; they all do when they're not the one being featured/talked to or whatever and they don't have to have any particular expression.

I've seen her look more or less like that but it's not unusual. I think it's more just her blank look, when she's in her own world.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Rift

Rift

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:I've seen her look more or less like that but it's not unusual. I think it's more just her blank look, when she's in her own world.
I'm glad someone else is seeing this. I was getting worried that people might start thinking that TOMOMI was getting depressed or something.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 9zr3EYo
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry, I just felt exceptionally this time was a bit different from others "interviews" (for me this video isn't an interview btw, it's more like a special talk).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Rift

Rift

Caless Student
Caless Student
Liokt wrote:Sorry, I just felt exceptionally this time was a bit different from others "interviews" (for me this video isn't an interview btw, it's more like a special talk).
No it's not an interview, but it's a format very reminiscent of one which is why I drew upon the comparison.
I mean, maybe TOMOMI is feeling left out somewhat, but I seriously doubt that it's the case.
Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Rift wrote:
Liokt wrote:Sorry, I just felt exceptionally this time was a bit different from others "interviews" (for me this video isn't an interview btw, it's more like a special talk).
No it's not an interview, but it's a format very reminiscent of one which is why I drew upon the comparison.
I mean, maybe TOMOMI is feeling left out somewhat, but I seriously doubt that it's the case.
Nice one

To me that just looks like TOMOMI being TOMOMI, nothing out of the ordinary to be honest, she just goes into space out mode for a few seconds during morning sun but thats about it, dont worry guys im sure shes fine!  Nice one

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
Maybe she got some bellyache for drinking orange juice while eating bitter chocolate after a pizza party night.

...I'm stupid hahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:31 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Tomomi likes spacing out it seems. She can be a bit ditsy too, so I guess it's part of it. But yeah, if you've seen her in casual videos or interviews, and she interrupts one of the others if they say something silly, and basically says something silly back to them, you can tell she was listening all along. She definitely seems quick-witted, and I think her and Mami like to play around with words a lot as well.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

She had a nai nai night...sorry had to go there...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:15 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Or maybe she got a small headache from drinking that canned beer last night. .common.

....sorry i just i to...i go now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:30 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Lets not get carried away with the offtopic guys, lets keep it about the new info.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:22 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The band seems really proud of the new album and ready to tell the world all about it.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【『YELLOW』 Liner Notes】

M2.Stamp!
7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 BtcAw99

A song packed with the relaxed band atmosphere while on our world tour last year. It's not too much to say that we were able to complete 『YELLOW』 by completing this song. 〈HARUNA〉

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/700517181390327808

I've also subbed part one of the 『YELLOW』 digest video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3szj3c

#front-page #linernotes #yellowlinernotes

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
I've also subbed part one of the 『YELLOW』 digest video:

Any chance you could upload just the subtitles somewhere? Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 23]