You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Premium Melodix! recording. July 10th 2016
Posted Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:14 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This Sunday July the 10th, they will be recording プレミア MelodiX! at TV Tokyo Tennozu Isle Studio 

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/melodix_premium/

Guests are SCANDAL, UNISON SQUARE GARDEN・パスピエ(Passepied)

I was lucky enough to be drawn for audience viewing. 
.clap.

I will report back with any tidbits of news.

[Another Japanese Ekiden 2016 participate will also attend, so will be great to meet up again.]

Last edited by wildthing on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Premium Melodix! recording. July 10th 2016
Posted Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Fortune smiles on you. Enjoy the show!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:52 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Performance order was:

UNISON SQUARE GARDEN
SCANDAL
パスピエ(Passepied)

We lined up at around 11:20 in order of our tickets/reservation.
Email/ID checked were done, we were given another entrance ticket.
Waited till about 12:45 when we were shuffled in.

The recording was actually for 3 episodes and will be broadcast in the same order.
There were 300 fans that were suppose to attend, they mentioned it was a larger than usual crowd, for SCANDAL only 97 out of 124 Fans turned up.

Premium Melodix! recording. July 10th 2016 13652110

Scandal part:

Interview (I will brief the interesting part, since I assume someone will sub/translate when it broadcast on TV)

Scandal came on stage wearing the cloths from Take me out cover.
The first thing the host noticed was about Haruna's ripped trousers/pants, Haruna said actually these trousers are quiet hot to wear. No 東京 Tokyo Kanji on Haruna's leg.

They started with Mami, talking about when she was sick with 40C fever performing at Zepp Tokyo, joked about if anyone noticed she wasn't performing as well as usual. Then they started talking about Hawaii Ekiden Music Festival, how they decided to run the Ekiden, the lack of training etc. Mami mentioned she had to stay in Hospital on her birthday, how she got a special desert and card from the hospital staff. She also mentioned about the video the Eikden fans recorded from Hawaii that was sent to her, how she was following the Ekiden race on Instagram/Twitter etc.
Given the chance they want to do the Ekiden event again.
Then the host asked if any fans went to Ekiden, there was 3 of us in the audience, Scandal someone... (I got a bit excited) noticed my T-shirt! (I was in middle of the front row along with my fellow Ekiden team member) I was wearing the Scandal x 88Tees! So I guess my T-shirt will probably been shown on TV haha...

Next part they asked about Bangkok, how the food was there, if they liked it etc.
The talked about "lod-chong" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cendol
Haruna loved it but the other members did not, they talked about Haruna always being able to eat anything, so that when they try new food Haruna would be the first to try (a bit like a historical poison taster for Royal family) and so tell the rest of the members how it tasted, then they joked that since Haruna loved lod-chong, they couldn't trust her taste in food.
Mami mentioned how she loves coriander/cilantro, the restaurant in Thailand they ordered food and said she was surprised there was so little of it Mami had to place an extra order, how the locals noticed her order and they said normally Thai people do not eat that much of it.
They also talked about riding the high speed ferris wheel.

Haruna talked about passing her driving test in June, saying she hasn't driven since passing yet.
How she not such a great driver as yet, host asked if the other member would trust her driving.
The other members joked, since not trusting her taste in food, they weren't too sure about her driving.

The performance was Take Me Out, midway during the reordering when a cameraman was filing the close up of individual members on stage, the camera shot Mami, then part way shooting Haruna he fell of stage, poor guy. The band kept playing right till the end, we applauded, Tomomi was the first to asked the cameraman if he was ok, he nodded and the AD gave the OK sign to Scandal, as they were walking off stage Rina spotted a female fan to my right and came near to her and complimented on something, (sorry didn't catch it) whatever it was, "it was cute and thank you". band exited stage.

So the cameraman had to check the recording, so we were told to stay put (different fans moved to the front when their band were performing) So the MC kept talking and started asking where people came from, someone said "Nagoya", another said "Osaka", so she asked if anyone came further away, no one responded, then she said ok, who lives the closest, so I said I did as I "only live 15mins walk away"

The cameraman checked his camera/recording and finally they decided they wanted to re-shoot the intro for the song and the song performance, she asked everyone if it was ok to re-shoot, the MC noticed me giving a cheer with both arms raised, she said "the hawaii guy is happy" pointing at me Happy

So the host came on and told us to cheer louder this time, which we of course did Happy

Scandal performed just as great second time round.

It was a great performance, thanks to the Fan Club I was able to attend!
.clap.

Also I can re-confirm Rina does use double bass pedals on her setup, got real close up to her drum kit when they brought it in Happy Also she had 16 drumsticks hanging on her set!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:22 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ah,  lucky you,  many thanks for the report Happy
Question, did they actually play the full song live, or did they just did playback like they usually do for TV recordings? Also do you know when the live will air?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:59 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:Ah,  lucky you,  many thanks for the report Happy
Question, did they actually play the full song live, or did they just did playback like they usually do for TV recordings? Also do you know when the live will air?

All the TV recordings I've been to in Japan for bands are usually recorded live, other events, say a singer is on a music show without his/her band, the singer will perform and sing live. So I've never seen a lip sync performance in Japan as yet.

For this show I noticed the vocal were not turned up that high for the audience, so the instruments were louder, I'm guessing its for the recording purpose.

Rina had her full kit, but the rest of the members did have fewer equipment today (2 sets of amps/speakers, if I recall correctly) and since it was only for "Take me out"

8/1(月) 深夜 26:50~27:20 テレビ東京 「プレミアMelodix! 」 (「テイクミーアウト」)

The TV Tokyo Broadcast is for 2nd of August 2:50AM-3:20AM, Interview + performance of "Take Me Out".

Rina: Full setup/kit
Haruna used: Fender Telecaster Thinline Deluxe
Mami used: Fender American Standard Stratocaster HSS Black/MAMI MODEL
Tomomi used: Fender Deluxe Active Precision Bass

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
It's fortunate the cameraman didn't fell off stage the Dave Grohl way.
As a guitarist myself there is a way to tell a guitarist is playing live on TV show.
Depend on whether he/she have the pedal board with them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:59 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
On air now in Tokyo

Photo of Rina and Ekiden members including me during the final stretch for the Ekiden, as well as a shot of the Scandal 88tees t-shirt I was wearing Happy

user solfaman (dailymotion)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mubs8_scandal-20160801-%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%9F%E3%82%A2melodix_music

Last edited by wildthing on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum