Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: How famous are Scandal in Japan?
Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
From watching Scandal on youtube, I've seen a bit of Perfume. I also love their episode on Shin Domoto Kyoudai. Is Perfume an Idol Group?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Osakashnaide wrote:Is Perfume an Idol Group?

No, they are not. I had said in my previous post that they are the only group excluding idol groups (by that I meant that they are NOT an idol group) in that ranking with all-women members. They are a techno/electro-pop group.

Anyway, let's get back to talking about SCANDAL...

How famous are Scandal in Japan? - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
This thread is getting long, and I don't want to annoy anyone (although I guess conversation is the point of a forum!). As fans we support the band by listening and buying their music. Journalists are more accessible than ever before so those who want to can reach out and encourage reviews/articles on the band (or social/blogs). Not to get them famous, but just get them some recognition where they haven't gotten it before (so not in Japan where I'm assuming Sony handle all that). There are many niche music sites, some top (worldwide) ones by site traffic include pitchfork, NME, Rolling Stone. Just a thought in advance of album #8 feel free to ignore it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, isn't Scandal videos on youtube unavailable for some country? I wonder why is that. I think I'll have all of their DVD release by the time they release their new album. I'll buy the new album too even if it'll be available on spotify here.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
mbowie4321 wrote:This thread is getting long, and I don't want to annoy anyone (although I guess conversation is the point of a forum!). As fans we support the band by listening and buying their music. Journalists are more accessible than ever before so those who want to can reach out and encourage reviews/articles on the band (or social/blogs). Not to get them famous, but just get them some recognition where they haven't gotten it before (so not in Japan where I'm assuming Sony handle all that). There are many niche music sites, some top (worldwide) ones by site traffic include pitchfork, NME, Rolling Stone. Just a thought in advance of album #8 feel free to ignore it.

This is beyond the remit of the thread - and I can see where you are coming from but for non-Japanese journos needing to recognise SCANDAL, the band needs to tour outside Japan more to earn said recognition. However, I think SCANDAL had briefly mentioned this in one of the interviews that overseas tours ain’t cheap. Happenstance can do some good, though, for an obscure Japanese band (they are to general non-Japanese listeners) - take Shonen Knife as a good example, if Kurt Kobain wasn’t such a fanboy and didn’t bring the girls out to tour with them in the early 90s, SK won’t be that famous around the world. They still tour the world (and playing smaller cities as well) to this day!

Back to your point, I think it’s probably like approaching a Russian journalist to check out my favourite Malaysian band - if I was the journo I’d go “why should I?”

I’ll stop here.

Please continue Grin

How famous are Scandal in Japan? - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If only some bigger more famous band would take Scandal out on a big tour as the opening band, it would give the girls some international exposure and would cover some of the before mentioned high cost of world touring. Also I wish they maybe could do a colab w/ someone like Charlie XCX. I think it would fit right in with their image and direction.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Being able to regularly participate on those big rock festivals in Japan will definitely help as it has a bigger than usual audience and the level of exposure on those festivals are way bigger. I think they good enough to be able to perform on those festivals
They should also do more of those collaborative concerts like the ones they did this 2nd half of the year to as it will also have different audiences not just scandal fans

How famous are Scandal in Japan? - Page 2 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum