You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
amenarakakuseru wrote:Hi, all,

I’m attending tonight’s live at The Regency Ballroom in SF. Anyone knows what time do they open for merch? Thank you!!

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1038093401269329920

Merch: 6 pm

Oh wow, just curious, are there people queueing for the VIP already? I’m still at school and might get there around 4pm (VIP ticket).

Yes, my friends and I are first in line and we all have VIP.

You'll be fine! Just make sure to get there by when check-in starts at 5:30 pm!

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
amenarakakuseru

amenarakakuseru

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
amenarakakuseru wrote:Hi, all,

I’m attending tonight’s live at The Regency Ballroom in SF. Anyone knows what time do they open for merch? Thank you!!

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1038093401269329920

Merch: 6 pm

Oh wow, just curious, are there people queueing for the VIP already? I’m still at school and might get there around 4pm (VIP ticket).

Yes, my friends and I are first in line and we all have VIP.

You'll be fine! Just make sure to get there by when check-in starts at 5:30 pm!

Great! Thank you for your response .love.

Last edited by amenarakakuseru on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)

Back to top Go down
mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Back to top Go down

HarunaHasBigEars

Caless Student
Caless Student
As a recent and more casual Scandal fan, I was quite disappointed with their San Francisco concert. I did not like most of the set list. After the first five songs, they played a whole bunch of stuff I hadn't heard before; I presume it's their more recent work. I was hoping they'd perform Namida No Regret, Nanko Buttobase, Pride, and Beauteen; or just more of anything from their schoolgirl outfit days. 

Mind you, I thought the accoustics were pretty bad and don't think they would've done my favs justice. Everything seemed too loud in such a small theatre. On the plus side you could see them all up close.

Don't think I would've went had I known the set list in advance. Maybe the hardcore fans enjoyed it more than me. I just think it could've been so much better.

Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So much better than NY! Now I could hear the vocals! 
I ended up going Tomomi's side, I'm so happy with  that decision. Also, 
I've heard all of the songs before... Wink
It's over for me, hope you guys enjoy the rest of the tour!

Back to top Go down

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
What were the VIP perks in San Francisco?  Photo with the band?  Did a gift bag finally show up?  

Anyway, venues can kill a band's sound.  I've experienced it many times.  Regarding Scandal, I have never heard them sound better than at Budokan.  I went to two concerts and both were better than the Blu-ray version.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
During the live, no photos were allowed at San Francisco, I suspect due to seeing lots of videos on SNS, which we were not suppose to be doing....

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
did they play the same setlist ?

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
mbowie4321 wrote:NY live report here. It's full of spoilers (warning).
http://jrock247.com/2018/09/scandal-take-a-bite-out-of-the-big-apple-live-report/

Wasn't there, but nice write up! Been to a few shows in my lifetime, but seeing Koe performed live is still on my wish list.

As for the post from the casual fan somewhere above, and to anyone relatively new to watching SCANDAL live - getting to see deep cuts especially from their seifuku era,  at their gigs these days is very very rare unfortunately. It'll always be a greatest hits plus new material at almost all shows these days.

You'll prolly have more luck in finding a time machine to go back to 2011... just kidding.

Grin

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 14 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Great show last night, and I’m a bit hungover from the excitement.  Same set as NY, but it’s a good set, so I don’t care if this is what they play for the next couple shows I see.

The best way I can describe the feeling of Scandal live is like riding a high intensity roller coaster: It doesn’t matter how many times you have experienced the thrill.  You wait in line for a very long time in anticipation, and it goes by so fast, but the whole time you’re riding it you’re enjoying every twist and turn and loop-de-loop, screaming and cheering along the way.  When it’s all over you’re light-headed, your heart’s pumping and the joy of the experience is overwhelming.  You can’t wait to get back in line and do it all again.

Back to top Go down
bengoshi

bengoshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi all! Looking forward to the Anaheim show tomorrow! Any idea when they'll start the "special gift" aka hopefully meet an greet? When is everyone getting there?

Any plans to hang out beforehand? The House of Blues is at a shopping plaza called the Garden Walk and there are a few shops, restaurants, etc there.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

San Francisco:

-Same exact set list as NY (you can find it on the previous page of this thread)

-Still no "special gift" (still trying to get an answer on that)

-M&G started pretty much on time but felt a little rushed? Unless I was the only one who felt that way since I was the first to go and the M&G started almost immediately after the first of us entered the room and lined up

-Crowd and show were just okay to me; thought NY was way better overall

-MAMI was the only one who changed her outfit (the one that was posted on SCANDAL's IG before the tour)

-IMO the sound was awful and way too loud

Will try to post SCANDAL's social media summaries/etc. soon. It's almost impossible to do with all the traveling!

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Anaheim House of Blues Concert
Posted Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 pm

RitsuTainaka29

RitsuTainaka29

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello! I was just wondering, will there be a banner to sign for the concert in Anaheim House of Blues?.?  .please. If so, what time will the banner signing be? .shy.

.happy.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

RitsuTainaka29 wrote:Hello! I was just wondering, will there be a banner to sign for the concert in Anaheim House of Blues?.?  .please. If so, what time will the banner signing be? .shy.

Yes. It'll probably be somewhere around 2-3 pm.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
HarunaHasBigEars wrote:After the first five songs, they played a whole bunch of stuff I hadn't heard before; I presume it's their more recent work. I was hoping they'd perform Namida No Regret, Nanko Buttobase, Pride, and Beauteen; or just more of anything from their schoolgirl outfit days. 

I understand the feeling to an extent but Scandal are not some kind of dinosaur band touring around based on past success. They're still releasing new albums pretty much every year, and the newest one HONEY, despite my concerns with its sound quality, has some of the best music they've ever made on it. Give it a shot.

I was personally very happy with the older songs they did play, some of which I did not expect. I thought the amount of old songs they mixed in showed that they appreciate those who know them from that era. A lot of bands just stop playing their old stuff altogether once they release a few more albums. Scandal has released a *lot* of new music since those days, but they still find ways to incorporate stuff going back to the beginning.

cantacanta wrote:Regarding Scandal, I have never heard them sound better than at Budokan.  I went to two concerts and both were better than the Blu-ray version.

I agree with that. I've seen them in five different venues and Budokan was the best for me too. I guess there's a reason that place is so revered among bands there. It's definitely not the biggest arena, but something about it gives it amazing acoustics. They also sounded really good at NHK Hall when I saw them there; it was designed for acoustics. Other venues have been hit or miss.

wildthing wrote:During the live, no photos were allowed at San Francisco, I suspect due to seeing lots of videos on SNS, which we were not suppose to be doing....

I think it probably depends on the venue rules in general. I don't know what the Regency's standard rules are, but in NYC the rules at the show were just what the PlayStation Theater has on their web site.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I was in the middle of the VIP pack and the M&G was very fast and rushed.  The ladies could have been wax figures at Madam Tussauds' museum because we just walked up, handed off our camera phone, and placed ourselves in the middle or Rina and Haruna.  They didn't seem to move much at all.

There was hardly any time to say anything more than "hello," but while waiting for the guy to take our picture I said that this felt like being at Disneyland and posing with Mickey Mouse.  Haruna chuckled and repeated back, "Disneyland," but I have no idea if she really understood what I said.  

I have never done a VIP before for any band (never really thought the point of it since you don't get to spend much time with the artist to justify the cost), but I did expect at least 20 or 30 seconds.  It seemed much quicker than that.

Spoke to the security guard beforehand and he said that 200 VIP tickets were sold.  

As for the sound, it was fine where I was standing.  I was second row directly in front on Mami.  The stage left speaker column was faced toward me.  I could hear Tomomi's bass and all their voices, of course Tomomi sings so little back up now on the newer songs.  If Rina sang backup at all I couldn't tell.  My view of her was obscured by a cymbal.  I could see her left shin on the hi-hat pedal and that was about it.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
M&G sounds the same as it was in NYC. They did move a bit for each photo but basically stuck to their spots. 200 VIP tickets and they've got to get through everybody in an hour, give or take. If you do the math, that gives 18 seconds per person including the time it takes to walk in and out.

I got a very warm feeling from them and when I did say "Hello" and "Thank you" they practically lit up and almost sounded excited to say them back to me. I have a feeling a lot of people actually don't say anything, which seems kinda dehumanizing. I don't think the people in front of me said anything. (I was able to watch them.) So my sense is that they'd love to talk more with the fans but just can't due to time.

btw I have never done another M&G before a show but I've done them as standalone things and I actually had a job until recently that let me *host* some M&G's like that too. The standalone ones give fans a lot more time, but obviously no one has to go prepare for a show right afterwards at those.

Back to top Go down
3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks for the posts Don and SpaceCadet. I've never done a M&G before and was wondering what to expect. I'll get my act together and see if I can get my memorized greetings out real fast. I'd better wait on cocktail hour until after the M&G!! I'd love to have a shot pre show with some of you guys.

Back to top Go down
bengoshi

bengoshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
3mania wrote:Thanks for the posts Don and SpaceCadet. I've never done a M&G before and was wondering what to expect. I'll get my act together and see if I can get my memorized greetings out real fast. I'd better wait on cocktail hour until after the M&G!! I'd love to have a shot pre show with some of you guys.
I've done a few other meet and greets (for other bands, never Scandal) and they are usually pretty rushed, so I think that's normal. I emailed the Anaheim venue today and they didn't know anything about the meet and greet...

As for the pre-show drinks:  .clap.

Back to top Go down

HarunaHasBigEars

Caless Student
Caless Student
Also Tomomi looked like she had a dog on her head.

Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Don Dio wrote:Great show last night, and I’m a bit hungover from the excitement.  Same set as NY, but it’s a good set, so I don’t care if this is what they play for the next couple shows I see.

The best way I can describe the feeling of Scandal live is like riding a high intensity roller coaster: It doesn’t matter how many times you have experienced the thrill.  You wait in line for a very long time in anticipation, and it goes by so fast, but the whole time you’re riding it you’re enjoying every twist and turn and loop-de-loop, screaming and cheering along the way.  When it’s all over you’re light-headed, your heart’s pumping and the joy of the experience is overwhelming.  You can’t wait to get back in line and do it all again.

Oh wow. I get the feeling if they ever played here, I'd end up getting kicked out. I'd be carrying on like a 20 yo at a punk show in a scummy dive bar/club. Worst of all, I'd probably wake up the next morning with only a dim memory of the glorious/humilating experience...

Still, it'd be worth it.

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 14 2foml0
Back to top Go down
3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I got an email from someone at HOB that said M&G check-in starts at 5:30 and be ready to go in at 6.

Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I saw a photo of a guy standing with Tomomi at his side, maybe they could move if you asked it (if it is like that I'll regret it for life for not doing it xp)
And it's called meet and greet... greet them! konnichiwa did it for me hehe

Back to top Go down
bengoshi

bengoshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
3mania wrote:I got an email from someone at HOB that said M&G check-in starts at 5:30 and be ready to go in at 6.
Hmm... Thanks for the heads up. I planned to be there around 2:00 anyway so I won't miss it.

I just emailed the venue back for clarification. Maybe the person who emailed me was just confused...

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@Haruna’s Ears

I have a feeling you would join me in crowd surfing to “Take Me Out.”

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum