You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
joameba wrote:I have a question... I thouhgt VIp would have "exclusive gift"? what happened with that? :b

I thought the same... I guess the M&G was the "gift", I dunno. I actually asked one of the staff members and they didn't know anything about it. When I didn't see anyone else walking out with anything, I kind of just shrugged it off. But I feel like that was advertised, wasn't it?

Back to top Go down
Seri

Seri

Caless Student
Caless Student
Has anything been said about M&G for Dallas yet? It still doesn't say anything on Bomb Factory's site so I'm kinda worried.

Back to top Go down

Evelotaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
The Dallas vip mentions a gift bag. 
Seri wrote:Has anything been said about M&G for Dallas yet? It still doesn't say anything on Bomb Factory's site so I'm kinda worried.
I thought all the shows were going to have M&G.

Back to top Go down

chairmankaga

Caless Student
Caless Student
Lyra709 wrote:Question for those of you that got merch at the NY concert. Did the merch sell out quickly? I’m flying to SanFrancisco the day of the concert and I wanna make sure I make it in time to get some merch.
Will it likely be better (for me) merch-wise that Dallas is the last show because they'll need to get rid of everything and not hold back anything for future shows, or will it be worse because it is the last show and they might not have held back enough stuff?

Back to top Go down
JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
joameba wrote:I have a question... I thouhgt VIp would have "exclusive gift"? what happened with that? :b

Yeah same I think the first couple of VIP’s got something but the ones in the middle & back of the pack didn’t. What was the “gift” ? I didn’t get squat

It felt like there were almost more VIP’s than GA people in the lines.

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 13 G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Seri wrote:Has anything been said about M&G for Dallas yet? It still doesn't say anything on Bomb Factory's site so I'm kinda worried.

I mean...it also costs $150 so it's basically guaranteed to have the same perks as the others, including M&G...

chairmankaga wrote:Will it likely be better (for me) merch-wise that Dallas is the last show because they'll need to get rid of everything and not hold back anything for future shows, or will it be worse because it is the last show and they might not have held back enough stuff?

Doesn't matter as they're probably rationing out the amount of merch at each show.

JR_Grimes wrote:Yeah same I think the first couple of VIP’s got something but the ones in the middle & back of the pack didn’t. What was the “gift” ? I didn’t get squat

Yo, I was first inside and didn't get squat either. Tongue My friends behind me didn't get anything. Pretty sure no one got anything.

They advertised a gift last time for VIP on their world tour and we received signed posters, so they definitely must have jipped us out of a real, tangible gift this time.

We'll look into it and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Ok, here's my somewhat ludicrous picture with Scandal, where I look like an alien compared to them:

Spoiler:

Now, my thoughts on the show, which I'll also put in a spoiler tag in case it gets long (and I'm gonna talk about the set list):

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kaldath

Kaldath

Caless Student
Caless Student

One little thing is that the sound wasn't great... the vocals from where I was were strangely muffled. I did hear Haruna singing a little offkey at times too, which I've never heard before, so I wonder if it was something about the mic level rather than the PA system. I thought it was odd during the soundcheck that they checked everything *but* the vocals. But then they never tried to correct it during the show either.
I noticed someone come onto stage just before Love Survive from Mami's side of the stage wave to the sound both in the back point over to Tomomi  mimed talking with his hand then pointed up. I had assumed he was telling them to turn Tomo's mic up louder which I jad noticed was kinda low before that.

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
spacecadet wrote:Ok, here's my somewhat ludicrous picture with Scandal, where I look like an alien compared to them:

Spoiler:

Now, my thoughts on the show, which I'll also put in a spoiler tag in case it gets long (and I'm gonna talk about the set list):

Spoiler:
Great photo but how tall are you ??  .picture.

Your review of the concert is very interesting to read, the setlist is so great and they seem to have a lot of fun on stage.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes I have known spacecadet here for years but I never knew he was a giant before Happy

But what a great picture to treasure !

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 13 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Does anyone have a copy of the Setlist? It's pretty solid I guess. Hearing that Koe, Freedom Fighters, Shoujo S, and Doll were included. None of it were included at the Honey tour in Japan and Asia.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Here's the full, correct set list (again, if you wish to discuss it, please put it behind a spoiler tag as I'm sure there are people who are going to future shows on this tour and do not want to be spoiled):

Spoiler:

A few notes about technical details:
Spoiler:

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Evelotaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:Ok, here's my somewhat ludicrous picture with Scandal, where I look like an alien compared to them:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nice picture spacecadet.

Back to top Go down
park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Whoa you are tall. around 6'7" 6'8" ??

SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 13 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

park23 wrote:
Spoiler:

I dunno how to answer this without using another spoiler tag, so just writing this little bit of text before doing that...

Spoiler:

libresse wrote:Whoa you are tall. around 6'7" 6'8" ??

6'4". Tall for an American but not actually freakishly tall like it looks in that pic (I joked about that in my show comments, but I'm really just "normal" tall, not crazy tall). I look badly Photoshopped into that pic! There were several other people in the crowd directly around me at least as tall as I am, so I don't normally think of myself as a giant. When I was walking up to Scandal, I also felt like we were at an eye level that I'm used to with any average person. When I actually looked at the pic afterwards, though, I had to laugh at myself.

Last edited by spacecadet on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Kaldath

Kaldath

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am 6'4" myself and at the show. I was about 7 or 8 deep from the stage on Tomomi's side near the security barrier. It was easy to get in fairly close on that side as it seemed everyone was trying to be in the center of theater. I really think the ladies eyes were drawn to the taller folks in the  audience  as I am certain I saw Tomomi looking at me a number of times and Haruna  frequently  glancing in my direction!  I guess to the Japanese we 6'4" peeps are like the jolly green gaint LOL.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Kaldath wrote:I really think the ladies eyes were drawn to the taller folks in the  audience  as I am certain I saw Tomomi looking at me a number of times and Haruna  frequently  glancing in my direction!  I guess to the Japanese we 6'4" peeps are like the jolly green gaint LOL.

Yeah, I've felt that way with Tomomi and Mami at their Japanese shows I've been to as well, although I feel like I've somehow never caught Haruna's eye before despite being in basically the same spot a couple other times. I think I was just a little crazier at this show since I was by myself for the first time and didn't have to worry about what anybody I know thought about it. So I finally gave Haruna something fun to look at.

I've been in a band and I know how much the audience reaction can mean when you're playing on stage. It's tough to really *want* to give your best if the audience isn't feeling it either. So since this is literally a once a decade thing (hopefully not after this), I almost took it as a responsibility to do my part in making the band feel like playing here was worth the trip. I want them to want to come back.

Back to top Go down

cs68

Caless Student
Caless Student
Kaldath wrote:I am 6'4" myself and at the show. I was about 7 or 8 deep from the stage on Tomomi's side near the security barrier. It was easy to get in fairly close on that side as it seemed everyone was trying to be in the center of theater. I really think the ladies eyes were drawn to the taller folks in the  audience  as I am certain I saw Tomomi looking at me a number of times and Haruna  frequently  glancing in my direction!  I guess to the Japanese we 6'4" peeps are like the jolly green gaint LOL.

The taller guys are likely all they can see once out of the light. I don't think they see too much from the audience center stage. But Tomi seems to be a flirt anyways...

The show startesd with a firework and lots of energy. It was very well done. The middle seemed to slow almost a little too much, in comparison. My highlight was Electric Girl. That was fun - even better live than on CD - along with Shojo S and Doll at the end. The audice was good, too.

The sound, however.... I was on the left, near Tomi place, 4th row or so. The speaker stack started to crack already during the intro song when the sound guy turned the volume up and seemed to be overdriven during a good portion of the set. I checked several spots in the venue (center and right side on the lower floor and center near the sound desk), and it seemed the left was distorted compared to the right (volume wise, the spot near the sound guy was perfect). It seemed under control towards the end and during the encore. Another observation was that the vocals were to low. I know they are kind of enveloped by the instruments usually, but it was tough to hear Tomi or Haruna, they got a little mashed in the sound. I saw SCANDAL 2014 in Essen, Germany, and the sound was much better. Maybe a venue problem, with a speaker system not suited for the ladies... Happy.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
cs68 wrote:The taller guys are likely all they can see once out of the light. I don't think they see too much from the audience center stage.

They can definitely see everything up to about 30 or 40 feet from the stage. I've been up there and I've seen it. And you can see in the photos they posted of the show on their FB that the entire audience is visible from behind them. Of course it depends a bit on the light, but they're not just looking at nothing when they're looking out from the stage. They're looking at different people. At a small show like this, they probably look directly at about 90% of the people in the crowd at one point or another, but obviously the people near the front get more of the looks than people further back.

I checked several spots in the venue (center and right side on the lower floor and center near the sound desk), and it seemed the left was distorted compared to the right (volume wise, the spot near the sound guy was perfect).

That sucks - I was on the right so while I heard the low vocals, I didn't hear the distortion on the left side. That sounds like just a PA problem.

I noticed really early on that the sound wasn't quite "right" for them - even discounting the distortion you heard, they don't usually sound even like they did on the right side. Everything is usually crystal clear. I've often said that they sound better live than they do on the albums, and I mean that literally, not just in terms of performance. The sound even on the right just wasn't quite as well controlled as it usually is. If I didn't already know the words to their songs, I'd have had no idea what Haruna was singing. And I could barely hear Mami or Tomomi.

Hopefully it's an anomaly and all you guys at the later shows don't have any problems with the sound. I'd bet almost 100% that it's a venue issue, something with either their PA or sound board, or just the sound guy at the venue not understanding what they should sound like.

They didn't sound *bad* on my side, though, just to clarify that. I've heard bands that really sounded *bad* live, like they were playing through a transistor radio, and this wasn't that. It's just that the mix wasn't right on my side. But it sounds like maybe there was some technical issue on the left.

Back to top Go down
dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
I'll post picture later but i didn't have too much of an issue with the sound. Vocals from Tomo seemed a little soft but wasn't too bad. I was probably slightly mid right, (almost directly in front of Haruna, and maybe a step or 2 towards Mami).

First of all, Shout out to Scandal Heaven for hooking me up with 2 tickets. I gave them to a friend and she was able to stand with us up front after all the early entrance people got in. Shout out (Lale for holding the tickets for me). Also, being in the second half of the VIP line, i had a very good view of the entrance and saw TGE walking in and and thought (of course, she would be first one in   SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 13 1f606 ). It was an honor to meet TGE and thank her for everything she does for the site/ social media. As I don't speak japanese, seeing all Scandal's social media through scandal heaven's insta/twitter is a huuuuugeee blessing. So once again Thanks! It was also great to see how everyone else felt when i had the chance to thank her, as a big crowd of people started cheering for her! I also recognized Wildthing and thanked him for always updating us on feedback store and what not. Much thanks man!

I was thinking what happened to the "special gift" and noticed everyone ahead of me leaving the VIP line without a poster or anything in hand. Bummer.

I hit up the merch table and bought the black T shirt that Tomomi was wearing and the hoodie. I asked the girl at the table if there were alot of hoodies and if i should but it before or after the show, she said there weren't too many hoodies, so i bought them before. bring a bag or something to put it in because they didn't have any and you end up holding your merch throughout the show. The girl there did me a solid and held my stuff for me to pick up after the show. For anyone concerned about availability of merch, I did notice them pulling t shirts off the display so i'm going to guess if you want anything in particular, get it earlier. Some sizes and selections will likely run out. 

The show was great, the set list was great. I thought there was a great blend of slowing down and faster paced songs. I LOVED how they led the show off with ................ and never looked back. I wish there was a little more mc ing (which i wouldn't have understood word for word, but was able to figure out by context most of the other non english mcing)... and a few words from Rina would have been nice!. 

I"m sorry, this post must seem so scatter brained and incoherent at times, i'm still so amped. I also missed the banner and book but that's okay, (is there a seperate banner for each show? if so, can someone sign dchan419 for me on one!??!?!?)

All in all, there's a 90% chance i edit this post later on to make it flow better but Have fun to everyone catching them in CA, TX, Mexico. I wish i could've carved out more time off to see them in Anaheim but maybe next time!

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down
BattleHermit

BattleHermit

Caless Student
Caless Student
Arrived at LA today, flying to San Francisco tomorrow morning!

Re:Already in San Francisco  and there are like 25 people already queuing outside the Regency Ballroom at 10:46am .omg.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

If anyone's interested, I wrote a full report on the NY show along with a couple more of my own pics (and a few others I aped from the band's FB) at my blog: https://www.alphabetcityblog.com/2018/09/scandal-at-playstation-theater-new-york.html

It's kind of an extended and somewhat more coherent version of my original thoughts above. I don't use spoiler tags on my blog so if you don't want to know the set list, then you probably shouldn't click on it.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Just a heads up to everyone coming to the San Francisco show today, we will have the banner out to sign from approximately 2-4 pm! It'll be by the entrance of the venue on Van Ness by the bus stop.

#front-page #scandal_spthx

Back to top Go down
amenarakakuseru

amenarakakuseru

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi, all,

I’m attending tonight’s live at The Regency Ballroom in SF. Anyone knows what time do they open for merch? Thank you!!

BattleHermit wrote:Arrived at LA today, flying to San Francisco tomorrow morning!

Re:Already in San Francisco  and there are like 25 people already queuing outside the Regency Ballroom at 10:46am .omg.

Oh wow, just curious, are there people queueing for the VIP already? I’m still at school and might get there around 4pm (VIP ticket).

Are they open for merch already? Thank youuuuu

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.