Re: SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks"
Posted on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 pm

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sure.

After what also happened in Manila, gotta say SCANDAL staff now needs to be more thorough in choosing promoters. Thinking

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:41 pm

2many2no

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I am looking forward to getting whatever the promoters decide to send as a "special gift" but I must say that I got to stand there with Scandal and get my picture made, I got to see Scandal live (something I've dreamed of) and I got to buy swag at the Scandal show, so I've already got my money's worth and more. The only disappointing thing is I don't think the show was promoted and the crowd was quite small.

If I could swing it, I would love to go to Japan and see then with 10,000 people, but the fans in Dallas were great and the show was awesome. They rocked the house as if it were full to the max and that is worthy of respect right there. Some bands get lazy if the crowd is too small, but Scandal played it like it was Budokan just for us few.

Yeah! すごいね!I love this band. Amazed

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
2many2no wrote:The only disappointing thing is I don't think the show was promoted and the crowd was quite small.

If I could swing it, I would love to go to Japan and see then with 10,000 people,

Just know that 99% of their Japanese shows are *not* in front of 10,000 people. Most of them are like the Dallas show. I've been to four of their Japanese shows, including both the first Budokan show as well as shows (after that) that were actually smaller than their NYC show on this tour. Trust me - they're used to and perfectly fine with shows in front of a couple thousand people or even less. That's their bread and butter. 10,000 people is a huge and special show for them. Probably 1/3 of all those big shows that they've ever done have been made into DVD's, so it seems like they've done more than they have. (I'm not counting summer festival shows, which by nature are mostly going to be fans of other bands anyway.)

But back to being on topic, I just got my tracking number today... for a package I got on November 5th! So yeah, obviously these promoters are more than a little disorganized.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 pm

tomorocks!

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just received my gift in the mail today. It surprised me, because they never sent me the e-mail with the tracking number. 

@spacecadet Judging by your situation, I guess I should expect that tracking number a few weeks from now. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:58 am

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just letting you guys know shipment started arriving overseas too, I got mine for the NY show.
Tracking number was received before shipment too.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The email I received last Monday said I would be receiving my gifts for BOTH Anaheim and SF in the mail soon. Well, I received that package this past Saturday and it only contained my gifts for Anaheim. Sigh. Can't say I'm surprised at all about their incompetency anymore, unfortunately lol Facepalm

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am

chairmankaga

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Can't say I'm surprised at all about their incompetency anymore, unfortunately lol Facepalm

Does the Japan side know how poorly things were handled here? Or do they not really care? (I don't expect them to do anything about it, but I would hope they might choose to partner with different people the next time they want to do shows in the US.)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:29 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

chairmankaga wrote:Does the Japan side know how poorly things were handled here? Or do they not really care? (I don't expect them to do anything about it, but I would hope they might choose to partner with different people the next time they want to do shows in the US.)

Yes, they know all about it. They know that this was the promoter's fault and left them to take care of the mess they caused, so I'm sure they'll at least definitely go with a different promoter next time.

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
For what it’s worth to anyone.    I was at the Dallas show and just received this email response yesterday.

Dear SCANDAL VIP ATTENDEES,

Some of you have already received your VIP gifts and tracking #'s.
For those who have not, please be advised that we are still in production and are processing tracking #'s.  
We apologize for the inconvenience and are scheduled to have shipments finished by the end of next week.

We appreciate your patience!

Sincerely, 

SCANDAL from JAPAN

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm

joameba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I recieved that mail. I attended two of the concerts (NY and SF) but only got one tracking number, which it's stuck at "Summary: November 15, 2018 In Transit to Next Facility"
Someday I'll get it   

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 am

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, I've been away from a month and when I come back this thing is still going WTF!

How did the promoters manage to be so incompetent!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hohenheim wrote:Wow, I've been away from a month and when I come back this thing is still going WTF!

How did the promoters manage to be so incompetent!
As Vinnie Jones says in the movie SNATCH: "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:07 am

graftenberg

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I think that Scandal might make a return appearance before they get all of these gifts out.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I finally got my VIP gift last night and I laughed out loud when I opened the package.  Even though I knew what it was going to be ahead of time I couldn't believe this is what $180+ airfare and hotel got me.  For me the whole point of the VIP was the opportunity to meet the band and take a photo.  That was well worth the cost.  I didn't really care if I got a gift, although something autographed would have been nice to frame.

But what was especially funny (and timely) for me was that I had just come home from a concert in which I got to randomly meet and talk to one of my favorite guitarists (Richie Kotzen), as well as Joey Kramer (Aerosmith), for no cost what-so-ever.   Perspective is everything.

Back to top Go down