thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

SCANDAL starts private imprint label "her"; first release next spring
front-page - Excite - SCANDAL Starts Private Imprint Label "her" TwuKIFR

SCANDAL announced during 『BEST★Xmas 2018』 held today that they will be starting their private imprint label "her," and that their first release will be next spring.

During the latter half of their annual Christmas special solo show held today, 12/24, at MyNavi BLITZ Akasaka, they announced the start of their private label "her" and a spring 2019 release with HARUNA saying, 「We are establishing our own private imprint label called "her." We're so happy that everyone here is pleased with the news. All of our work from here on will be released from "her." Since this is our own label, we will be expressing all kinds of things in our own way, more freely than ever before; and we'd like to create songs from "her" that'll give color to everyone's daily lives. Please look forward to what's next. This song will be the first release from "her": a song that'll be the beginning of our future」, and played their new song 「Masterpiece (マスターピース)」. As they, who have celebrated the 10th anniversary of their major label debut and are approaching the 11th one, exhibited a style of continuing to run even farther forward, the loudest cheers of the day broke forth.

SCANDAL will be holding a fan club tour in March 2019 in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka.

■■SCANDAL's comments:
We, SCANDAL, are launching a new imprint record label called "her." To be able to make our own "atelier," kitchen," and "playground," we are delighted to be able to relish an excitement like this during the tenth year since our major label debut.
From this point forwards as well, we will be delivering a ton of good music from "her."
Please look forward to it.

front-page - Excite - SCANDAL Starts Private Imprint Label "her" I2DE8Oj
front-page - Excite - SCANDAL Starts Private Imprint Label "her" MTuQFAk

front-page - Excite - SCANDAL Starts Private Imprint Label "her" 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
So thats what it was all about.....excellent news Happy

front-page - Excite - SCANDAL Starts Private Imprint Label "her" Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Incredible news!

Back to top Go down

Holy macaroni!
Posted Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:45 am

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This is beyond awesome news! Now they should have full control and I can't wait to hear and see all the great new music.

The only thing I can think of that would make this even better is if they can take full ownership of all their lyrics, music, and video from the past 12 years. I have trouble believing that Sony could be that nice, but I can hope.

SCANDAL is, after all, a gift to the whole world. Now they have the opportunity to FLY!
すごい! Nice one

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Uchira no Haru

Caless Student
Caless Student
~~~~ F~~~ you sony~~~~

Mod edit: Sigh. Don't say things like that. Even though they weren't the best label all of the time, that's not cool to do.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
For those interested, here's a good (long) article on what "starting your own label" involves: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/how-to-start-a-record-label-2460782

Back to top Go down
LK

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Man, when I heard the news I started to itch to get into discussions but unfortunately there's no WiFi in our grandma's place but here we are now!

This is so freaking exciting!  LOVE I can't believe I'm more excited for them than for myself for the year 2019! LoL

This means more exposure for them, right? Daydreaming

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

LK wrote:Man, when I heard the news I started to itch to get into discussions but unfortunately there's no WiFi in our grandma's place but here we are now!

This is so freaking exciting!  LOVE I can't believe I'm more excited for them than for myself for the year 2019! LoL

This means more exposure for them, right? Daydreaming

I would think different kind of exposure not necessary more, but free to whatever they want.

With there initial going private record label, I'm sure all the press "mass media" here will be intrigue to interview them ask them about the change when the first single comes out after leaving EPIC.

Back to top Go down
LK

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wildthing wrote:I would think different kind of exposure not necessary more, but free to whatever they want.

With there initial going private record label, I'm sure all the press "mass media" here will be intrigue to interview them ask them about the change when the first single comes out after leaving EPIC.

I assume then by 'free' it means their songs (at least future ones) are easier to purchase/stream abroad. Right?

And I also wonder what can normal fans like us do to kinda help them now that they have their own private record label.

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
LK wrote:...
And I also wonder what can normal fans like us do to kinda help them now that they have their own private record label.

Good question! I hope they know their fans from abroad will support them in this new step in their career. 
We will buy their new music as much as possible, even if we have to import it from Japan. But I hope that with this new label, they will be able to create a more direct relationship with their fans worldwide (some kind of fan club membership for international fans,...)

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
izzy wrote:
LK wrote:...

Good question! I hope they know their fans from abroad will support them in this new step in their career. 
We will buy their new music as much as possible, even if we have to import it from Japan. But I hope that with this new label, they will be able to create a more direct relationship with their fans worldwide (some kind of fan club membership for international fans,...)

They will have to grow very big to do international fan club membership, remember once you start storing user data, you might have to deal with various data protection acts/GDPR and laws etc. Not to mention dealing with English language etc. I wonder if they can partner with JPU or someone else etc. to let them handle that. Like how they use light-van.co.jp to handle international sales of Scandal merchandise.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
LK wrote:

Buy their stuff.

I hope that if you're asking this, that means you own at least a majority of what they've already put out. Even if you buy it now, no doubt some of that money still goes to the band. Even Sony label stuff, they're going to be getting residuals - whatever was already agreed to for those things. And ditto for their books and other things.

I'm not saying this is you but I have seen people in other places around the net talk about supporting them and then literally a sentence or two later say they support them by listening to all their music on YouTube. So if anyone's thinking that way, the best way to support them is to give them your money. They don't get much of anything if you listen to them for free, even if it's legal.

The good thing about them founding their own label is that now we'll technically be giving them money directly for any new releases they put out. Of course they'll need to pay their staff out of that money too, but those people are part of the team we should be supporting too.

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
spacecadet wrote:
LK wrote:

Buy their stuff.
I have a mix of digital downloads from Amazon.com and CD's from Amazon.jp
But whatever they can take ownership of and rerelease on the new label I will gladly buy again in hope that it will help finance future international tours.

The music industry is hard, very competitive and often thankless for the artists. They will need all the help we can give them. I pray SCANDAL will have all the success they well deserve so we can listen to new music and go to lives for many more years.
.please.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Yeah, I just want to reiterate that I wasn't trying to specifically call you out at all (obviously I did not know your purchase history), but I just wanted to make it known to everyone that the best way we can support them is to give them our money directly. Not listen to them on Spotify/YouTube/some other free service that's giving them literally a yen for every stream. So for anybody else who might have this question, if you want your favorite bands to stick around, you have to give them your money. It's up to you to pay their salary; you're their boss. They may *want* to keep making music forever, but without money, they cannot do it.

I'm a firm believer in general anyway that people who are making stuff we enjoy deserve to get paid for it.

Now, they do need to actually release stuff that we can give them money *for*, but I guess they're doing that early next year. The more they release, the more money they can make, so part of it's on them too. They need to make it possible for us to pay them for their work.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.