Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:22 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, 20K views in the first hour. Keep it up, y'all!  front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 1f44c  front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 1f44d 

I really like both of these songs and the contrast between the driving rock of Masterpiece and the wistful feel of Mabataki is impressive. Very few bands have ever had the ability to avoid getting locked into a particular style, but Scandal has covered a wide range of genres but has always managed to keep their rock'n'roll base and distinctive sound in the music. Just another mark of a truly great band!

I can hardly wait for my CD to get here!

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I love Mabataki more than I expected. Gives me a lot of Mado wo Aketara vibes, which was my favorite track on HONEY huhu
The MV just made me fall in love even more. It's simply stunning! 

(If MwA got a PV,
I think it would pretty much look like Mabataki's .love. )

Can't choose a favorite track between Masterpiece and Mabataki, because both of them are just so unique and different from each other. 
It was definitely worth waiting for more than a year! I'm so proud of our girls.

front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:What's with the "Special Presents" at the end of the CM, does it come with the magazine or something?

They're prizes that only those who purchase the magazine edition can apply to win. More details are in the edition.
Oh sweet! does that mean I apply? Or maybe it has to be bought physically in Japan?
-----
About the MV

I really like it, it's dreamy, laid back, 80's vintage looking, and pretty cute. The light bulbs hanging from the ceiling reminds me a bit of the Yoake no Ryuuseigun MV.But the bubbles kind of up the cheese factor for me. :v

Tomomi with a bunny should be a thing now, the last time she was with one was in Kagen no tsuki

Both MV's are really good, each of them with their own style and fits perfectly with their respective songs.
 -----
It's the official release date in Japan right now, I can't wait for mine to come in the mail. Also the single to be available online.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:02 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:Oh sweet! does that mean I apply? Or maybe it has to be bought physically in Japan?

The CD doesn't need to be physically bought in Japan. I haven't gotten my copy yet so I can't confirm this, but I'd imagine that there's possibly an online lottery site set up for it, or you have to physically send in a piece of paper included in the CD to an address in Japan. Either way, they're not willing to send any prizes overseas, so you'd need to have an address in Japan listed on your submission (like one from Tenso).

front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:Oh sweet! does that mean I apply? Or maybe it has to be bought physically in Japan?

The CD doesn't need to be physically bought in Japan. I haven't gotten my copy yet so I can't confirm this, but I'd imagine that there's possibly an online lottery site set up for it, or you have to physically send in a piece of paper included in the CD to an address in Japan. Either way, they're not willing to send any prizes overseas, so you'd need to have an address in Japan listed on your submission (like one from Tenso).
Oh okay, had a feeling it wasn't that easy lol. Oh well, the bonuses I'm getting already are good enough special presents .balloon.

Back to top Go down

"Mabataki" MV - English Subs
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:05 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:Final LIVE LINE starts tomorrow, I completely forgot about this broadcast lol. I wonder what they'll show/talk about since every info about the single has been out.

Maybe they'll premiere the "Mabataki" MV? That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't already been revealed.

lol I must have a knack for predicting things about "Mabataki" =Dp For my final prediction, I predict that full version will premiere on 3/27 at 12 am JST on SCANDAL's YouTube channel lol

lol 3 for 3 came true =Dp

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm

AntaBaka

AntaBaka

Caless Student
Caless Student
As far as a MV goes, "Mabataki" is quite boring tbh.

Bit of a throwback to the 90s pop girl band videos. Predominantly white colors, longing looks thrown into the distance, softed camera lens. Coulda been an Atomic Kitten video. I was hoping for something whimsy (maybe aside from cupcakes).

"Masterpiece" obviously was more energetic, but so is the song itself.

Black MAMI best MAMI - fite me.
front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 Mami_s10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ TGE

And as I said before - PHYSIC!

I just noticed that the shot for the final chorus has all the things associated with each member in the video. 
The Pot of Tea from Haruna
The Bunny from Tomomi
The cupcakes from Mami
and The bubbles from Rina's bubble bath

Didn't pay much attention to them at first and granted the first 3 was already shown together in the 1st chorus...but still! .pinch.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The Mabataki music video is so calming. I like the visuals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The single announces the 3 "Artist Managers".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfQDKunx_Z/

It includes download code service for mp3 and lottery draw for "Fuzzy Summer Mood"
Even with the code to enter the ticket lottery, a SMS verified eplus account will be needed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:46 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mabataki is nice, remind me of "Short Short". Just glad to hear a song with Tomomi and Haru alternating the vocals again. Happy

Again, thanks for the translation!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Okay, so I just received my masterpiece copy, I got the magazine Edition.
I must admit the packaging it’s really cool, the magazine has a good quality and content.
BUT, I’m a little bit confused, the cd doesn’t include the instrumental version of masterpiece, I thought all the editions got this version. Can someone clarify me which versions include the instrumental version?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:28 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
victor_survive wrote:Okay, so I just received my masterpiece copy, I got the magazine Edition.
I must admit the packaging it’s really cool, the magazine has a good quality and content.
BUT, I’m a little bit confused, the cd doesn’t include the instrumental version of masterpiece, I thought all the editions got this version. Can someone clarify me which versions include the instrumental version?

The plain version (no mag, no tee).

front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
victor_survive wrote:Okay, so I just received my masterpiece copy, I got the magazine Edition.

Only the Regular Edition has the instrumental version. Neither of the Limited Editions (Magazine, T-Shirt) have it.

It's listed as such in the first post of this thread: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14570-new-single-masterpiece-mabataki#761545

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:49 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh okay my bad for not noticing that before, I was just expecting it would be included as it’s always been on previous releases.

What a shame it wasn’t included, why just they couldn’t add the 3 songs on all the versions? I don’t understand. Well then that’s my only complaint about this first release under her.

Thanks for clarifying @kudo_maharizu @TGE

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
victor_survive wrote:
What a shame it wasn’t included, why just they couldn’t add the 3 songs on all the versions? I don’t understand. Well then that’s my only complaint about this first release under her.
Its to give fans reason to buy the regular edition- for the instrumental .common.

But if u really like to have the instrumental, the full single is on your countries iTunes or other streaming services.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:42 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

During today's Kawasaki release event, we got to her a verse of the original demo of Masterpiece, what was interesting was that when Mami did the demo she did it in with filler English/temporary vocal.

Mabataki, Rina mentioned she wanted the retro feel and was inspired by Cyndi Lauper songs.

The Kawasaki release event was film by J-Melo crews, a friend of mine got interviewed. So you might get a change to see bits of the 1 hour event.

About the magazine competition its a twitter/Instagram competition, seems they are trying to prompt fan SNS promotion. You have to take a photo of the magazine, hash tag as mentioned, specify the prize you would like to win. Entry closed April 30th, winners will be contacted by DM direct message from official scandal account.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:26 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wildthing wrote:During today's Kawasaki release event, we got to her a verse of the original demo of Masterpiece, what was interesting was that when Mami did the demo she did it in with filler English/temporary vocal.

Mabataki, Rina mentioned she wanted the retro feel and was inspired by Cyndi Lauper songs.

The Kawasaki release event was film by J-Melo crews, a friend of mine got interviewed. So you might get a change to see bits of the 1 hour event.

The next J-Melo with Scandal will air on April 7!

The Masterpiece demo was really different from the current version? Can you tell us a little more?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:20 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I didn't notice that masterpiece/mabataki debuted at #5 on Oricon

Today is at #6

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:17 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Whilst picking some of my pre-orders I walked around Shibuya, as of 29th of March.

Shibuya Stores:
Tower Records: Mag Version A was sold out first they even had a displaying saying they are unsure if it will be restocked, T-shirt version B were all sold out, there was some regular editions on the shelf. Scandal USB batteries were sold out.
Tsutaya: All version in stock, only one booth on ground floor. (some times releases gets a display on 2nd floor too. But this week was very busy with releases.)
HMV & Books: No CDs or even a promotion display, not sure what happened here hmm....

JASRAC database have the listings now, Publisher is ROOFTOP MUSIC.

726-7930-1 マスターピース

RINA
作詞

無信託

MAMI
作曲

無信託

ROOFTOP MUSIC
出版者

全信託
JASRAC

726-7931-0 まばたき

RINA
作詞

無信託

RINA
作曲

無信託

ROOFTOP MUSIC
出版者

全信託
JASRAC

作詞 = Lyrics
作曲 = Composition
出版者 = Publisher

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:08 am

tri060397

tri060397

Caless Student
Caless Student
I recommend you to order on CDJapan.co.jp . I got it only 2 days after release day, the CD case also wasn't broken.front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 20190310

front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 ZtYZraJ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:12 am

AntaBaka

AntaBaka

Caless Student
Caless Student
I tried amazon.co.jp for the first time.
Let's see how fast that ships Happy

Black MAMI best MAMI - fite me.
front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 Mami_s10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:41 am

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
victor_survive wrote:I didn't notice that masterpiece/mabataki debuted at #5 on Oricon

Today is at #6
Its at #12 now

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
AntaBaka wrote:I tried amazon.co.jp for the first time.
Let's see how fast that ships Happy

I should receive my order next Monday, it was shipped on March 27th ... if the deliveryman (DHL) does his job properly

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
My copy from Amazon JP arrived yesterday...

... but turned back because no one was at home.

Wahhh!

front-page - 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 9 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum