You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Why is SCANDAL so successful?
Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 am

Anime_lover743

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am currently doing a project for a class and the topic I chose to talk about is SCANDAL. Now I love SCANDAL, But I want to get opinions from other fans and see why you guys think they are so successful? It would mean a lot if you guys could reply back ASAP. Thank you SCANDAL HEAVEN!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is SCANDAL so successful?
Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:32 am

ghoshector

ghoshector

Caless Student
Caless Student
I always think that girls who able to play guitar (or other instrument) are way more cooler than guys that 'really good' at playing guitar. And they are pretty good, so I think they really badass  

I don't know if this help you or anything, but good luck on your project  .happy.

.happy. .happy. .happy.   love this emoji
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

* First and foremost: catchy, melodic, up-beat songs

* All four members are photogenic and stylish with individual, genuine personalities  

* They are all relatable, likable and pleasant, and without a hint of actual "scandal" in their personal lives or backgrounds

* All four members are talented on their instruments

* All four members write lyrics, and can compose full songs

* Many fans find a personal connection through their lyrics, even if the understanding is through a translation

* They have an incredible origin story where they came together not knowing each other nor knowing how to play their instruments, but they they learned and developed their skills together

* Prior to composing all their songs and producing themselves they were paired with very talented songwriters, arrangers and producers

* Even after 13 years they continue to expand their musical horizons and explore alternate sounds and styles from which they were most originally known for (garage pop/rock).  Most evident on the "Yellow" album, which was the first they wrote entirely by themselves.

* Consistency.  They have remained the same unit over the years with no big breaks from each other, nor from recording or performing

* They have released a lot of product: 8 full albums; 1 mini-album; 1 EP; at least 30 singles; at least 3 greatest hits packages plus 1 full compilation of singles and extras; 7 live DVDs and/or BluRays; 2 music video compilations 

* Their songs have been used as the theme song to a variety of popular anime shows

* They put on a very energetic, exciting live performance

* YouTube -- they have created very appealing music videos that along with their melodic tunes have captured the interest of an international audience that otherwise would never discover J-Rock bands

* International tours that have helped to expand the fan base and showcase their talents for those that were only familiar with YouTube videos

* They are authentic.  They don't try to be anything more than what they are, and they don't pretend to be either.  They seem very comfortable in their level of success as moderate as it may be to J-Pop groups.  In an era where artists are over-hyped or "full of themselves" it is refreshing to have a group like Scandal that is humble, yet confidant.

* They are encouraging: they always strive to do better and have the best show; release the best single; reach more audiences; do more festivals, etc.

I could probably come up with a bunch more, but this is a good start.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Depends on what you mean by "successful." Don Dio mentions lots of the things that make them uniquely interesting and exciting, and that's an important kind of success already, for sure. However this is pop music, pop as in popular, and success in pop music means commercial success. So far to be honest, SCANDAL has only modest commercial success, enough for them and their team to make a decent living but not enough to fill stadiums—so the question for me is always "why are they not more successful?" To deal with that you'd need to go into the nature of the competition, what kind of music/performance is more popular now and why, what are the trends... Let's hope that they can stay on the road they've been following, and that someday, when the pop trends will change inshallah, our SCANDAL will be there, ready to rise as stars of a new age

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Teamwork? Few (girl) bands/groups make it so far without tearing themselves apart internally within a few years of experiencing success. 13 years without a line-up change is almost unheard of.

Why is SCANDAL so successful? 2foml0
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.