Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

The cute message about the program's novelty "Apollo Pouch" item makes the band's hearts skip a beat!

Episode #104 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 TqEIMeQ

HARUNA: Let's read some messages this week!

RINA: I can't wait!

Nacchan's Papa, 30 Years Old

Good evening, SCANDAL.

I have a daughter that's about to turn 5. Maybe it's because I infinitely repeat episodes of "Catch up" in the car, but she really likes the catchphrase "SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo."

Recently, she's been saying "SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo" everywhere, regardless of where she is--taking a bath, eating a meal, riding in the car lol

And it appears she's taken an interest in the words "We'll give you an Apollo Pouch" and has started to say, "Nacchan also wants an Apollo Pouch!" If you're able to, I would like to give one to my daughter. Thank you.

RINA: That's adorable.

MAMI: That's too cute.

Staff: The phrase "SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo" is so unique that it gets stuck in your head...

HARUNA: Eh, my way of saying it is unique??

RINA: It does get stuck in your head.

HARUNA: But Nacchan sure is something. To think that she can remember such a long sentence.

RINA: That's impressive.

HARUNA: She says she wants a pouch...

RINA: Yeah, let's give her one.

HARUNA: Yeah, let's.

TOMOMI: We'll give you an Apollo Pouch.

MAMI: This will make Nacchan make her love her dad even more.

Eri

Good evening, SCANDAL! I'm an instructor at a driving school.

I listened to your album MIRROR. Right before it came out, I had broken up with my boyfriend that I had dated for 2 years, 5 months. I couldn't bring myself to do anything due to the shock of breaking up, but I then organized my feelings and finally listened to the album. "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa" really resonates with me right now. I'll turn over a new leaf knowing that our love wasn't meant to be, and now I'll look for a new love.

I haven't seen SCANDAL live yet, so I'd like to take some time off work to go to a concert. SCANDAL is emotional support to me. I'll always cheer you on.

MAMI: Thanks!

RINA: That song must hit heavy for her right now.

HARUNA: But she was able to turn over a new leaf.

MAMI: It must be hard to do so after dating someone for 2 years, 5 months. That's impressive.

TOMOMI: It is... She says she's an instructor at a driving school.

MAMI: Instructors are teachers, aren't they...

RINA: That's true...

HARUNA: One, two...

All: Hey! Teacher!

RINA: Hm? Aren't we doing this "Hey! Teacher!" thing in a new way?

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 104

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 XqtWqEb
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 HN3Mhpo

•The episode starts with this.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who had sent in a message that was read during episode 73. He says that nothing ever happened with that, but there's been some surprising things that's happened to him recently. He's been attending a driving school to get his license and happened to see his ex-girlfriend there as well. She broke up with him last February and they hadn't been in contact since then. They did see each other in passing several times but didn't talk. After the lessons, a mutual friend said they saw the ex and heard that they saw each other, and said that she was wondering if she should call him. That surprised him and wondered if he should be the one to call her. He asks SCANDAL if there's a fine line between staying friends with your ex, or not contacting them at all. He says that no matter if the breakup was good or bad, he doesn't think that you can go back to being friends. He also adds that they ended things because it would have been a long-distance relationship and thus was a 'happy ending.' MAMI says that they don't really need to call each other. Especially not if you're interested in being friends, TOMO adds.

•RINA says that she thinks that the band all are the types to not go back to being friends with an ex. MAMI says that it probably differs for every person in general, and that you might still stay in contact if you have shared interests. HARU says that you might be able to go back to being friends if you were friends in the first place. TOMO agrees that it really depends on what type of relationship you have. RINA says that she doesn't think she's the type to be able to go back to being friends because she might fall again for them. The others laugh hard at this.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that they had a miraculous encounter that day and wanted to send in a message about it. They've been wanting to improve their language skills recently and so have begun to study via an app that lets you talk with people around the world and are able to teach each other's native languages. When they were talking in English with a Brazilian person, it turned out that they were a SCANDAL fan who has been a fan since TEMPTATION BOX. The listener says that they didn't think they'd be talking about their favorite artist with someone overseas, and desperately tried in English to tell them that they like SCANDAL. The band is surprised that such an app exists. They mention that people try their best to study Japanese and write fan letters to the band in Japanese, which they think is impressive. TOMO says it makes them really happy that fans learn some Japanese to try and talk with the band during meet-and-greets.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who says that they got a LINE message from a friend who saw the song title "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa" and felt like it stabbed them right in the heart. They both have had experiences like the song and were talking with each other about how they'd like to talk have a girls' talk with SCANDAL (RINA: "That's cute"). They were classmates in middle and high school, and they say the reason they became friends was because of SCANDAL. One day they heard "DOLL" on the music program M-STATION and was really shocked to see cute girls doing a cool performance. The next day at school, the friend was talking about how they saw SCANDAL on TV the previous night and the listener mentioned that they also did as well. They're both now in their late twenties, and the listener used "Kinenbi" during their recent wedding ceremony. TOMO says while laughing that she's grateful they found SCANDAL cute during their "DOLL" era, and the others all laugh at this as well. They joke at how lively they were back then since they were high schoolers at the time. MAMI says that she wants those people who saw SCANDAL's performances back then to forever be fans of theirs. They laugh and HARU says that they're grateful that people like the listener have grown up alongside SCANDAL's works. TOMO says that they'll give them a pick.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is in their fifth year of medical school and feels lost. They originally wanted to work in disaster medicine and aspired to be an emergency physician, but the more they studied, the more they were worried that they wouldn't be able to make the right decisions and got scared. They ask SCANDAL, who has been able to fulfill many dreams in their long career, if they've been scared as they've approached their dreams. They say that they totally get that feeling. RINA says that their fears are different than other professions and can't really be compared to one like a doctor's where lives are on the line. TOMO says that they were scared before their first performance at Osaka-Jo Hall because they had always been working towards that dream and didn't know what they should do after it was fulfilled. They always had a fear that the band might come to an end after it. But after playing it, they found it to be so much fun that they turned it into a dream of wanting to do this so many times more and therefore were glad that they played it. Before that, though, they were really scared because they didn't know what would happen after. MAMI says that the opposite could have happened and that they had been satisfied after the performance, and that nothing else could make them happier after.

•TOMO says that it's not a bad thing to have a change in course while you're studying, and that it's good to be able to identify what's ideal for you and what isn't. You don't need to push yourself to fulfill your first dream because it's your first one. If you're able to, though, that's great; but it's also okay if you choose not to. HARU says that you don't have to feel inferior if you're scared, and that's something that probably everyone thinks. RINA thinks it's okay to be scared, and being able to work carefully and delicately means, in that sense, that you're likely suited for medical work. TOMO says that it's difficult for them to give advice since they're not really in the position to encourage someone who works in a field where lives are on the line. RINA says that they're really cheering for them, and that they should try things out as they wish. TOMO says that can always change the direction they're going. The band wishes the listener luck and that they're cheering for them.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who got a girlfriend in mid January. She gave them chocolate and also a key case because they'll be getting keys to each others' places soon. The key case was a surprise and they didn't know what to say and so stuttered out things like, "Eh? Oh? Ah? What? Thanks." They ask the band how you should you express yourself when you're too happy. The band laughs and says the listener's cute and kind. RINA says to just simply say thanks. TOMO says that if it's an SO, you can just hug/kiss them. RINA congratulates the listener for getting a girlfriend and they all laugh.

•They then close out the episode. HARU says that the question posed by the aspiring doctor was hard to answer and felt like they couldn't say anything irresponsible. MAMI says that maybe they could have said something in a different way if they had medical knowledge, and that medical stuff is something that they can't really guess about. RINA says that she hopes that they get a hint as to what they should do. They say they're happy that the listener reached out to them for advice.

•HARU says that episodes 106 + 107 will be done in a pair format, and that pairs will be decided via amidakuji (ladder lottery). The pairs end up being HARU + MAMI, and TOMO + RINA. TOMO says that the Kansai pairs and Aichi pairs are together. H+M will do episode 106 and T+R will do episode 107. HARU says that you can send in messages for a specific pair if you want.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 6WYlmoJ spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 WvLQhcz

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Introducing them again! A little study session on folk instruments. And at the end, a performance with them!!

Episode #105 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 CyJ1gan

HARUNA: This week... Catch up's "handmade jingle" has reached an unexpected development... We'll be delving into this issue.

TOMOMI: What is it??

MAMI: An unexpected development??

RINA: Did something happen?

HARUNA: It's called...
"Jinguru - E, soo naru?
〜Guguru! Saguru! Sukyandaru!〜" (Jingle - Eh, Seriously? ~Googling! Searching! SCANDAL!~)

RINA: Things are getting more confusing...

HARUNA: When we did our special on TFM, we wanted to work hard again on making a jingle using folk instruments. And now "Eh, Seriously?" segment is back.

RINA: It's kind of nostalgic.

HARUNA: Why did we try making a jingle with folk instruments in the first place...
Well, our director Kawai got some folk instruments, saying, "These things exist," and it simply flowed to, "It'd be fun to make a jingle with these!" That really is the only reason. And so far, we've made two kinds of jingles.

→By the way, these are the two types:

2021.3.22 - #55
A jingle made with "boroboro mini" in celebration of the program's first anniversary

2021.1.31 - #100
A jingle made with four types of folk instruments in celebration of 100 episodes

HARUNA: For the first one we used "boroboro mini" instruments from Madagascar.
The instruments we used in the latest jingle are the kashaka from West Africa, a slide whistle from Bali, a 7-string coconut kalimba from Africa, and a genggong from Bali...

TOMOMI: I had the slide whistle.

RINA: Kashaka for me!

HARUNA: The 7-string coconut kalimba for me.

MAMI: The genggong for me.

HARUNA: The genggong was the trigger for the unexpected development.
The special episode where we made this jingle was written about in an online article...and we received a message about it. This is a message from Megumi Kojima from Japan Jew's Harp Association's PR office:

<Message excerpt>

Although the article lists it as a genggong from Bali, it looks like either a kubing from the Philippines or a whistle from people living in mountainous areas such as Vietnam or Laos. The genggong is very similar to the kubing but with a string attached to the end of it. If your Jew's harp is a genggong, I think it might be a rare Jew's harp without a string.

HARUNA: Maybe it's a rare type of genggong... If so, what kind of instrument is this... We contacted Tirakita, the store that director Kawai bought it from, and talked to Yamanaka.

<Message excerpt>

We can confirm that we also received a question about the genggong from Japan's Jew's Harp Association, and the instrument purchased was undoubtably a Bali genggong. We believe there is no doubt it was purchased from Bali. We didn't realize it was particularly rare, but if the Jew's Harp Association says it might be...

HARUNA: Based on that answer, we exchanged messages with Megumi Kojima again...and got this back.

<Message excerpt>

The genggong is certainly a traditional musical instrument owned by some ethnic groups in Bali, but it is also sold as a musical instrument souvenir of the traditional culture in Bali, which is also a tourist destination. Genggongs with strings were sold in the past, but recently it seems that a shape that's easy to play has appeared. It seems that this Jew's harp is sold as a souvenir of Bali, not as one that's part of an ethnic group. It certainly seems like it's correct to say that this is not a rare type of genggong.

It seems that this tendency is not limited to Bali, but also ethnic cultures that have attracted worldwide attention, and musical instruments and clothes owned by ethnic minorities have become popular as souvenirs. It may be useful in the form of conveying a part of the tradition of the people. Being produced as a souvenir may mean that it's a popular item. Because it is popular, it probably means improving and developing the product. While ethnic cultures are attracting attention, not limited to Jew's harps, it seems that there is a new cultural flow that's different from traditional forms.

RINA: I see; so that just means it's popular.

HARUNA: It means that genggongs for souvenir-use exist. So, there's no doubt that it is a Bali genggong, but the ethnic group it belongs to...it tends to fade as it becomes popular as a souvenir. It's becoming a common trend worldwide.

HARUNA: To think that jingle we did was the trigger to have it spread this far...

RINA: An unexpected development...

MAMI: All kinds of people really do listen to this program...is what it makes me think.

HARUNA: According to Megumi Kojima of Japan Jew's Harp Association's PR office. Apparently, MAMI's genggong playing was good; that means she's got a talent for it, doesn't it?

RINA: As expected.

MAMI: I don't know if I have talent for it...

HARUNA: "So now that we have a deeper understanding of folk instruments...let's play them again!" is what it says...

TOMOMI: Eh!?

RINA: We're doing it today too!?

HARUNA: Yeah, a new song!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 105

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 CENKtN6
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 Tn6AwaA

Listen to the episode:
https://audee.jp/voice/show/41247

(*The program is currently unavailable on Spotify, for some reason)

•The episode starts with this. This takes up well over half the episode.

•They get back the instruments that they had previously played: HARU on the 7-string coconut kalimba, MAMI on the genggong, TOMO on the slide whistle, and RINA on the kashaka. The staff says something unintelligible in the background, and HARU asks if it means that they should look up some info about their respective instruments. The staff says yes. MAMI looks up "genggong playing." HARU looks up her instrument and says that the Tirakita site (the site that the instruments were bought from) came up in the results. TOMO says that when she looked up her instrument, a news article about the previous episode of them recording with these instruments came up in the search results (the same one that Megumi Kojima saw). They all laugh at this.

•RINA looks up hers and says that a drawback is that it's hard to play the kashaka with other instruments. Everyone laughs and TOMO says that it is true. TOMO then says that she's not getting any good results for her instrument (which is called a "bird whistle" in Japan - that's probably why). She wonders if it's different from a "bird call"; she looks into it more and says that it's more for when you want to call birds to you. HARU says that tuning her kalimba is important; once it's tuned, you're able to produce different tones. She plays it a bit and MAMI says that it sounds like what's often heard in songs to fall asleep to.

•They wonder what song from MIRROR they should play. TOMO suggests "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa." HARU laughs and says that that's probably hard to play, but they do try to play it. TOMO starts playing her whistle but makes it sound all sharp on the second note, probably because she started laughing. Everyone laughs as well. TOMO apologizes and asks to do it again. They get through the first three lines fine, but when they get to the "Furi shitete gomen ne (Sorry for pretending)" line, TOMO plays the "ne" part really high and makes it sound funny. She immediately make it sound sharp again after that due to her laughing again. They all laugh at that too. RINA and MAMI say it's like TOMO's making light of that line; it's like she's negating the "Sorry" that comes before it. They say that this is hilarious and a lot of fun. HARU says that they should do this when they don't really have anything to do for an episode.

•They then close out the episode. They say that this was fun to do before they go on tour. HARU says that could do this again when their staff finds more interesting instruments.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 6WYlmoJ spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

No theme nor messages!? What the pair talks about is up to them! "SCANDAL HARUNA and MAMI's Meeting!"

Episode #106 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 WsrweuQ

HARUNA: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's vocalist HARUNA

MAMI: And guitarist MAMI.

HARUNA: The two of us will be bringing you today's episode.
After hitting 100 episodes of "Catch up," we decided to try out doing episodes for the first time where we're split into pairs...

MAMI: Yeah.

HARUNA: So this is a special treat. Also, there are lots of new Meiji sweets...
This segment is called...
"SCANDAL HARUNA and MAMI's Meeting!"

MAMI: It's very literal.

HARUNA: Yeah. Also, something shocking is that it says "There's no script."

MAMI: That is what's written...

HARUNA: There are no talk topics at all.

MAMI: That's right--they didn't give us anything. No messages either.

HARUNA: I thought that meant we must not have gotten any messages... I was wondering if we'd be reading listeners' messages.

MAMI: I did as well.

HARUNA: Moreover, our writer Ono isn't here either, even though he usually always is.

MAMI: Yeah, he'd be in the studio with the staff.

HARUNA: They told the two of us to just talk.

MAMI: Don't you wonder what they're talking about?

HARUNA: Scary...

MAMI: Scary...

HARUNA: Since we usually do this with the four of us, it feels kind of off and there's a sense of tension when we're suddenly split into pairs.

MAMI: That's right.

HARUNA: That's why it feels really weird right now.

MAMI: We usually talk a lot when we're together, but being told to talk makes you go like, "What should we talk about... Eh, what were we talking about?"

HARUNA: So, what should we talk about?

MAMI: So let's see.

HARUNA: Oh, is there something?

MAMI: Before we started, since I saw it says that there's no script, it made me go, "Oh, okay," and looked this up right away... Want to see it?

HARUNA: What is it?

MAMI: I found a topic roulette app.

HARUNA: Ohー!

MAMI: It's really convenient, isn't it?

HARUNA: You bring your own topic. That's a good idea.

MAMI: A lot of themes will come up when you start the roulette.

HARUNA: Let's just try it out.

MAMI: Try tapping the button.

HARUNA: Okay (*taps it)... Does it stop on its own?

MAMI: I think so... Ah, no, you stop it!

HARUNA: Okay (*stops it)... "Something that made you angry recently"! Ehー?
Ah, there is something...

MAMI: What is it?

HARUNA: Well, there is something, but I don't know if it's okay to air this...

MAMI: What is it?

HARUNA: I ordered something and had it delivered via a courier...

MAMI: Mhmm.

HARUNA: I specified a date and time, but I didn't get it.

MAMI: Okay.

HARUNA: I didn't get it, and although they said they put it in a delivery locker, they also said they couldn't deliver it to the customer's address... But there was a delivery notice. Anyway, I didn't get the package, so I contacted the delivery locker company. They said that the package had arrived, but the customer's address was not registered...

HARUNA: When I asked them what I should do, they said to contact the courier again to move the package, or re-enter my address...

HARUNA: So when I contacted the courier, they said they couldn't do that... The package got passed around and each company was saying something different...

MAMI: Whatー?

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
It okay Haruna, we all been there with those kind of Companies that shift the blame to someone else

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 106

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 Fwpuksi
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 NNvSO3i

Listen to the episode:
https://audee.jp/voice/show/41557

(*The program is still currently unavailable on Spotify)

•Continuing with her story, HARU says her package was apparently delivered to the wrong unit in her building; the person who got it called HARU (her number was listed on the package/packing slip) and said that they accidentally opened it and that they'd give the package over to her. They left it with the building's management (most likely) and all she needs to do now is to go pick it up. MAMI congratulates her. HARU says that she's really glad that the person who accidentally received her package was nice. MAMI says that she wishes that delivery companies didn't make mistakes like that. HARU says she does as well, and that she was actually angry that this happened. She and MAMI laugh at this. HARU also says that she hopes this doesn't happen again the future.

•They go back to the roulette app for what MAMI should talk about. She gets the prompt, "If you had a time machine, would you travel to the past or future?" MAMI thinks that they've talked about this before on the program; HARU says that they've actually talked about on their fan club-exclusive program. MAMI says that she thinks she might go to the past because she wants to know the reason why she's here right now--or rather, she'd want to trace her ancestors. HARU asks if she wants to go way back in the past then. MAMI says yes, and that she'd want to go back hundreds or thousands of years or so. She then asks HARU which she would go to. HARU says that she thinks she'd want to go to the future--more specifically, the not-too-distant future about 20-30 years from now. MAMI asks her if she'd want to . HARU says she'd go for the latter since she'd know what the future is and would try to change things starting now in the present time, and so would live a more ideal life in the future. MAMI says that that's very realistic, which HARU agrees with. HARU says that she is interested in going to the past as well, but since she's living in the present, she'd want to have a better rest of her life. This gets MAMI into wondering what HARU would do if there was something really shocking in the not-too-distant future. HARU says that's something she's definitely scared of. MAMI says that maybe you'll be speaking a completely different language. HARU says that'd be interesting.

•The mention of a different languages reminds HARU of something and asks MAMI if she's been studying Korean, and brings up that MAMI had been talking to an interpreter recently. MAMI says that she hasn't been talking to them recently. She says that the interpreter was an acquaintance of Ami from PUFFY and that they had all gone out to eat once. MAMI thought, "Okay, I need to study now!" but never really did. They both laugh and HARU says she totally understands. MAMI says that she does try translating things that pique her interest and does feel that she's understanding things like ending of sentences more + can kind of get the gist of K-Pop lyrics and such when she looks at them. However, she can't speak the language at all. HARU says that she does want to study, but it's difficult since she doesn't know exactly what she should be studying. MAMI says that she bought some textbooks that have audio CDs that contain spoken conversations. While she's listening to them and repeating the words, she's like, "Who am I having this conversation with??" and that it's kind of lonely.

•HARU says that she's bought a bunch of language-related items, but she feels satisfied just by buying them and doesn't do anything with them after. She says that she does watch Korean dramas, though, and she does recognize some words here and there. However, if written text was shown to her, she wouldn't understand anything. She says that she thinks she'll start to get used to it if she keeps reading/listening to the language, but it is pretty hard to learn. MAMI says, "Even though you're interested in it." HARU agrees, and says that the only thing she has is interest in it. They both laugh. HARU then asks MAMI if she's seen the K-drama Hometown. She says that she's watching it little by little but not really in earnest. She asks if it's a scary series. HARU says that it kind of seems like a horror-themed series in the beginning, but it's more of a thriller. She explains it a bit and they talk about how series like that can throw you for a loop towards the end (you think one thing's going to happen but it ends up being something completely different).

•They then are given a message to read (MAMI: "Finally"), which HARU reads. The listener says that they are from Kanagawa Prefecture but love Nagoya. They've been going to see SCANDAL's concerts in Nagoya since 2016 and now has a SCANDAL-fan friend that lives in Nagoya, and so has more opportunities to go to Nagoya. They say they even want to live in Nagoya some day. They then ask HARU and MAMI, who are from the Nagoya/Aichi region, what they think the appeal of Nagoya is + if there's any Nagoyan food they'd recommend. MAMI laughs and says that it's rare to see someone who loves Nagoya that much, which HARU agrees with.

•Right away, MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says they went on a trip to Nagoya for the first time the other day and went to places like Little World and Inuyama Castle. They ask HARU and MAMI if there any recommended sightseeing spots or gourmet foods in Aichi Prefecture that everyone in the know knows. MAMI goes, "You know...there aren't any!" and they both laugh. HARU jokes that if they've already been to Little World and Inuyama Castle, that's basically it for sightseeing spots. MAMI says that there's also Monkey Park and that it's fun. HARU says there's also Meiji Mura. MAMI says that that's fun as well. HARU says thinking about it, it does seem like Inuyama has a lot of fun spots. They talk about some other things that aren't very interesting/informative unless you're well-informed with Japan lol so I will not be translating them. At the end they say to keep loving Aichi and Nagoya.

•They then close out the episode. HARU says that it was good to have the roulette and be able to talk about a subject right away, and thanks MAMI for bringing it up. She says that conversations can be more personal when they're split up into pairs. They then talk about their tour and say that as of the recording of this episode, they've just finished rehearsals, which were actually pretty hard. MAMI says that's it's been about two years since they've had to memorize how to play so many songs. The previous time was for their 2020 tour that had to be postponed/canceled, and they ended up only getting to play that one online concert for it. This time they are getting to tour and go around to many places which is something they're not used to/haven't done in a long time. She says that her head feels like it's about to burst, but she can't wait to show everyone their set, outfits, etc. because they're really satisfied with all of it. They say they'll do their best and ask everyone to come out to the tour.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

RINA presses TOMOMI about her private life? This episode features the unpredictable duo from Kansai chatting! SCANDAL TOMOMI and RINA's episode!

Episode #107 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 MCqlAUw

TOMOMI: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's bassist TOMOMI

RINA: And drummer RINA.

TOMOMI: The two of us will be bringing you this episode!

RINA: HARUNA and MAMI did the previous one, and now it's TOMOMI and RINA...

TOMOMI: There was no script last time, and it's the same for this time as well. HARUNA and MAMI talked a lot...

RINA: They did. They talked enough for two episodes.

TOMOMI: The recording took around an hour.

RINA: We might try for an hour and a half...

TOMOMI: Eh, could we do that??

RINA: We can!!

TOMOMI: I'm not confident about that at all!

RINA: Why not!?

TOMOMI: An hour and a half, you said?

RINA: Hold on - talk, talk! Talk more with me!

TOMOMI: I am talking with you!

RINA: I had been really looking forward to today.

TOMOMI: Really?

RINA: I thought about how today we're free to talk about whatever, and tentatively I've been thinking about 14 different topics to talk about...

TOMOMI: 14?? ...all right, then let's base it on those.
...what should we talk about?

RINA: Since it's the two of us, there are a lot of things that I want to ask you, TOMOMI.

TOMOMI: Eh, what are theyー?? Now I'm nervous...

RINA: I'd like to press TOMOMI for info today.

And so, this is part two of our special project.
It's named...
"SCANDAL TOMOMI and RINA's Meeting"

TOMOMI: So, what topics did you come up with? You said there are 14.

RINA: Firstly, you got a boating license...

TOMOMI: Wait, wait - This is seriously turning out to be an interview!

RINA: No, no - Like, I didn't know when you went to go get your license.

TOMOMI: Yeah.

RINA: We have a schedule that is shared with all of us, and there was a period of time where it said TOMOMI was taking four days off. I was wondering if you went back to your hometown to go to a friend's wedding. After you came back, we asked you what you did, and you said you got your license. I thought that was awesome.

TOMOMI: I crammed for four days and got a Class 1 license to operate small boats.

RINA: That's awesome.

TOMOMI: After becoming an adult, you don't really have to study hard for something.

RINA: That's true.

TOMOMI: I really did pull all-nighters for basically four days. On the last day I took the test without getting any sleep, otherwise I wouldn't have made it on time. I got a Class 2 license during the first two days, and in the remaining two days I got a Class 1 one.

RINA: That's hardcore.

TOMOMI: ...I thought I messed up. To do it in four days, that is. It really was hardcore and stoical. You need to be diligent in preparation and review each time. It basically consists only of words that you're hearing for the first time.

TOMOMI: I memorized everything such as engine structure + names, writing sea charts, explaining weather maps... But it was fun!!

RINA: That's impressive. Was getting a boating license an extension of your fishing hobby?

TOMOMI: Yeah. Sea fishing is fun, and I had wished I had a license.

RINA: ...that really is impressive!

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
It would be out of this world if Tomomi does a Bruce Dickinson. Bruce fly Iron Maiden around the World, Tomomi Sails Scandal on World Tour.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TOMO has this image sometimes of being a scaredy-cat—afraid of bugs, etc. Guess she's not really like that at all! Camping, fishing, boating—turns out TOMO is a sportswoman. (She was also the first member to get a driver's license, right?)
Sometimes I worry if they're earning enough to support themselves and their team. So it makes me happy to see they can afford things like boating and maintaining cars in Tokyo.
Often I worry if they're trained and prepared if some day one of Japan's famous earthquakes hit during a concert. Sure, earthquake preparedness notices are all around Japan, in the newspapers etc, but it's another matter if you're responsible for a lot of people and not just yourself. I'd like to know their team has thought this through but def don't feel it's an appropriate question for "catch up"

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think the license Tomomi got is for the kind of boat you see on her Instagram account. Up to about 72' and 50 tons, and beyond 5 miles from shore. So that's a serious working-boat size.

Last edited by hogradish on Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I talk too much)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@hogradish

Yes Atsuko Maeda who used to be in AKB48 just got her licence too and she and her mates go fishing in it.

Oh and Tomomi also has a Mini Cooper so she has plenty of money Happy

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 107

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 N7qrNmA
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 DMCJNjH

Listen to the episode:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5gMITXSavBuQHzpPHOJq7L

(*The program is now back up on Spotify)

•Continuing with their discussion of TOMO and her boating license + fishing, RINA says that TOMO getting her license made her wonder why TOMO started liking fishing so much. TOMO is surprised and says that you just try it out, you're sure to have fun. RINA asks if it's fun when you hook a fish. TOMO says yes, but it also feels nice to just board a boat. RINA agrees with that. TOMO says, though, that she did drop her phone in the water before when the waves were rough. RINA makes a displeased sound while TOMO laughs. RINA says that there definitely are some risks when it comes to this, which makes TOMO laugh again. RINA says that expanding your hobbies is a really good thing. She also talks about how the band's hobbies/interests suddenly increased all in one go at one point in time, and that for a while after their major debut, their company was like, "You guys have no hobbies/interests at all." But all of a sudden everyone's lives began to change and their likes increased.

•TOMO asks RINA what a recent hobby of hers is. RINA says that it's something that's basically never changed: watching movies/dramas. She says that she's always been the type to pursue what she likes, though. TOMO asks if her taste in genres have changed or not. RINA says it hasn't; she watches ones like thrillers to emotional ones, but she thinks she's basically okay with/will watch any genre. TOMO says that it's impressive to continue to like something for a long time. RINA says that she feels very fulfilled when she watches these, and then asks TOMO if she's watched anything recently. TOMO says she hasn't, and hasn't turned on her TV in a bit. RINA asks if it's because of "that" (fishing + boating). TOMO says no, and that it's more that she hasn't taken the time for watching stuff. She then goes, "What have I been doing anyway?" RINA says that something she's seen recently that she's really liked is the drama 30 Made ni to Urusakute (Picky Until 30) [she had previously talked about it in this video on her YouTube channel]. She briefly explains the premise of the drama and says that she really emphathized/connected with the story. TOMO says that she'd like to watch it.

•RINA then says that she also has been listening to a lot of podcasts recently. TOMO says that she listens to a lot of podcasts that her friends do, like Yuuki Mihara's podcast. RINA says that the podcast she's been most hooked on recently is the one by the Kano sisters and that it gives her a lot of energy. TOMO asks what they talk about. RINA laughs and goes, "Well..." TOMO asks if they talk about personal matters. RINA says they do; TOMO asks what that would cover. RINA says that they're really well-versed in anime, movies, etc. and talk about that, plus problems that women have, and they also talk to listeners on the phone, as well as everyday things that you can relate to. They also talk about things that are at a completely different level than other people. RINA gives an example of this: When you travel overseas, things you usually do to have fun are things like dining out, shopping, etc., but what these two find fun is diving with sharks, which involves being put into a metal cage in the ocean while sharks swim around you. TOMO goes, "Why would they do that for fun?! Is it thrilling for them?" RINA says yes, and that they like sharks. Though the older sister stays in the boat with the younger sister gets "attacked by sharks." They laugh and TOMO then mentions that they saw the sisters at a Kyary Pamyu Pamyu concert once. She says they were super "gorgeous" and "fabulous," and also were with a "good-looking" guy [TOMO said all of the words in quotes in English lol]. RINA says that they were seated behind them and back then she only knew them as being pretty women, but now she knows what their personalities are like and loves them a lot.

•RINA says also watches Kemio, a YouTuber. TOMO seems to know/watch his videos as well, since she says that his videos will cheer you up. TOMO says that she loves Fuwa-chan, a comedian and YouTuber--more specifically, she really loves the videos that are on her second channel (rather than her main channel). She says that although she talks about regular things, she's so positive about everything that it'll make you cry. RINA says that you can see a person's true essence when they're talking about something that's personal to them. She says that Fuwa-chan has a very gyaru-like mentality [if you're not familiar with gyaru, might I suggest watching the anime My Dress-Up Darling and pay attention to how main girl Marin acts lol]. TOMO says that those who are like that are really adorable. She then mentions how a "Does this person have a gyaru mentality or not?" game [like a "discuss with your friends" game rather than say a mobile game] was popular at one point, and then says, "Though you don't have a gyaru mentality, RINA." RINA goes, "Wait, how did that end up relating to me not having a gyaru mentality?? That hurts!" They laugh and TOMO talks a little about the game again and that the band would play it sometimes. RINA says that she thinks they decided that TOMO and MAMI had gyaru mentalities. TOMO says that maybe back then they did, but it's only MAMI that does right now. RINA asks if she thinks HARU has a gyaru mentality. TOMO says that she might. RINA says that she does at times, but not at others; she's in the middle. She says that it's something you're born with, so there's no helping that.

•RINA then mentions how she went to an all-girls middle school and that basically everyone had that gyaru mentality; she was basically the only one who wasn't like that. She talks about how she did a joint interview with her friend Yayoi Damon, a current hip-hop artist and who was RINA's classmate at that school, and they were asked questions about what kind of students each other were. Yayoi said that everyone was a gyaru except for RINA. She and TOMO basically chalk it up to RINA being more of a logical person. TOMO says that that's a good thing, though. RINA gives the example of her coming up with 14 things to talk about during this free talk episode, and TOMO says that that isn't a gyaru-like thing to do and laughs. RINA then goes, "Then what exactly am I??" and asks what the opposite of a gyaru is. TOMO isn't sure either, and that in that game they played, those who weren't deemed gyaru didn't have any sort of other name given to them; RINA is just "not a gyaru." RINA asks if are few people who are in that category. TOMO doesn't think so, but then again, that game they played was only something that they and their staff did. They both laugh and RINA says that she heard them playing that game once and wanted to try it out.
TOMO says that it is a lot of fun. RINA then says that when they'd deem someone not a gyaru, she'd feel like they're being isolated; she jokes and says, "You should seriously have a taste of that!"

•TOMO then talks about how this is unrelated to that subject but it is related to games: She's been playing a card game called CARU UTA, which is a J-Pop version of the traditional Japanese card game karuta. For this game, the cards have words that often pop up in J-Pop lyrics such as "kitto" (きっと; surely) or "unmei" (運命; destiny). You set a playlist of J-Pop songs on Spotify/etc., and when you hear any of those words pop up in a song, you're supposed to be the first one to touch/grab the corresponding card. RINA says that sounds like a lot of fun. TOMO says that it'd be fun to do with SCANDAL songs, and asks RINA if she can think of SCANDAL songs that have the word "kitto" in them; RINA says right away that she can, and gives "MIRROR" as an example. TOMO pauses and then goes, "Eh??" RINA sings a bit of the chorus (Kitto kurikaeshite yuku...). TOMO laughs hard and goes, "Ohh!!" RINA says that she's always thinking about the word "kitto" and therefore uses it a lot in her lyrics. They again say that they'd love to play this using their songs.

•Continuing their discussion about games, RINA says that she gets really nervous when it comes to playing games such as card games. TOMO asks why. RINA says that it's because she can't take games lightly (as in she can only take them seriously). TOMO goes, "That's very not gyaru-like, seriously!" and they both laugh. RINA says that it's not that she doesn't like losing, but it's like she feels she has to be good at it. TOMO says that games aren't that serious of a thing while RINA laughs. RINA says that maybe she just can't play around/goof off. TOMO says that perhaps not, and that you very rarely see people like that.

•RINA mentions how several years ago when she went to Yokohama to eat Chinese food with her little sister, they went to get their fortunes read afterwards. For RINA, she was told that that she was born under a star where it's really good for her to work abroad, but what she's lacking is a star for playing around--she was told that she has zero in that area. TOMO goes, "That's right on the money!" RINA laughs and goes, "That hurts!" TOMO laughs and says, "You're saying that same thing as well!" RINA says that everyone she's seen that's done her fortune says the same thing, which she kind of doesn't like. TOMO says that if you take their words at face value, then you're sure to feel hurt. RINA says she'll only believe in Shiitake Uranai from now on [she mentions that in this video at 4:33] because they only say nice things. She then talks about how in their 16 years of being a band, there was this really bad fortune telling that she got when they had shot on location. TOMO agrees that it was bad. RINA says that you could even tell in the recorded footage that she was mad about it. They both laugh and TOMO says that she definitely was mad. She then laughs and says that when you tend to take everything seriously, there times when it's good to do so for work but also times when it's not. RINA wonders what she should do about this. TOMO says that it's part of her nature and therefore there's no helping it, but it's totally fine to be like that. She also says that it's interesting.

•They're then given a message from a listener who says that it seems like people from the Kansai area still continue to speak in dialect even if they move away from the Kansai area. They have a college friend who is from Nara and speaks the same as ever, enough that the listener themselves is starting to use Kansai dialect when they speak. They ask TOMO and RINA, who are from Kansai, if they're proud of how they speak, or if it's something that can't be rid of (but they do want them to keep speaking as is). They say that another friend who is from Akita (which is not in the Kansai area) is embarrassed of their Akita dialect and switches to speaking standard Japanese. They wonder if it's more of a thing that differs by prefectures. TOMO says that she thinks she keeps speaking in Kansai dialect because a lot of people around her use it as well. RINA agrees, but thinks that it's much more tame/mellowed out than how it used to be when they lived in the Kansai area. TOMO says that when she goes back home and talks to her friends, it makes her think, "Ah, the way I speak really has changed." RINA says that they might be changing it consciously. She recalls a time when she really tried to be aware of what she said when they were interviewed overseas and had an interpreter next to them. That was when she spoke with more of a Kansai accent than now, and the interpreter said at one point that they couldn't really translate/interpret what RINA was saying.

•RINA says that she can't really do anything about intonation, but she does try to speak using easy-to-understand words. She also talks about how when she transferred to a high school in Tokyo, she was basically the only who spoke in Kansai dialect and so tried to make her sentences end in "ne" [rather than Kansai-ish ones like 'ya' or 'na']. TOMO says that in text interviews they keep their Kansai dialect as is and on paper it makes them look like they speak in heavy Kansai accents. She says that they've tried to be more careful about that. RINA says that sometimes they'll have their staff who goes over their text interviews fix up their dialect words. TOMO and RINA also joke that the one place where nothing's fixed is on their program director Ono's blog (AKA the program's site), and that their words are typed up exactly as is, accent and everything. The director chimes in and says that since it's a transcript of what's being said, it'd be like they're lying if they changed what they said into something that sounds more like standard Japanese. They agree with that, but they also say that they feel a little embarrassed when they see the blogs. RINA says that she thinks that it's amazing that there are a ton of voice actors that hail from Kansai but are able to speak standard Japanese very well. TOMO says that she could probably change her sentence endings if she tried, but she doesn't think she could change her intonation. Ono asks if using Kansai dialect is gyaru or not. He says that he thinks so. They laugh and say that it depends on how each person feels about it.

•They then close out the episode. TOMO says that they forgot to say that this episode is called "SCANDAL TOMOMI and RINA's Meeting." They said that they had a lot of fun. RINA says that they weren't able to talk about 10+ topics. TOMO says that maybe they'll do that in the future, which they both laugh at.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
 She then talks about how in their 16 years of being a band, there was this really bad fortune telling that she got when they had shot on location. TOMO agrees that it was bad. RINA says that you could even tell in the recorded footage that she was mad about it. They both laugh and TOMO says that she definitely was mad. She then laughs...
Аny idea what kind of shooting they are talking about? Isn't this a Documentary film HELLO WORLD? Or something else?

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Meph1766 wrote:Аny idea what kind of shooting they are talking about? Isn't this a Documentary film HELLO WORLD? Or something else?

It's not the documentary. That has nothing to do with fortune telling.

I would guess that it was some appearance on a Japanese variety show aired years ago. No idea what it could be exactly, though.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Somewhere on YouTube is a video of Mami with a "cosplay outfit" she spent 30 seconds on, consisting of very long paper fingernails and heavily made-up paper eyes. I'm not sure, but she seemed to be acting drunk. I think that might be her at her most gyaru, but I really don't have much to go on.
Since I don't speak Japanese, the only thing I hear in a Kansai accent is a more percussive sound, whereas the Kanto accent seems smoother. I think it's a little like a flat mid-west sound vs a southern drawl.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
RINA and TOMO make an great combo, full of fun! They were a riot together around 2012 on MTV Obizarus —Roots of SCANDAL. (HARU and MAMI were also paired up) It doesn't seem to be available any longer on line though

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Holding "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai"! Does SCANDAL have different opinions as to age being the fine line for who you consider to be a "childhood friend"? Or is it about closeness?

Episode #108 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 ZUMQnXS

HARUNA: March is already over...

RINA: So fast!

HARUNA: We started our tour at the beginning of March, and also, it's been two years since we started this program.

MAMI: Wow!

HARUNA: It's all thanks to our listeners. Thank you so much.

All: Thank you so much!

TOMOMI: It's also the time when peoples' new lives start.

HARUNA: Now then, this week we'll be doing the popular segment "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" (Fine Line Association)!
By the way, in English it is...
"Association of Borderline on Catch up"
Or "ABC" for short...
No, it's "Boundary Boundary"

RINA: That's confusing...

HARUNA: At any rate, we'll hold the regular meeting for spring 2022.
First, let's call on MAMI to read the first message!

MAMI: Eh... I have a bad feeling about this... Uwa, here it comes!
...anyway, I'll read it.

Tacchiー!

Regarding your debate about whether something is a gyaru or not, I think that someone who asks a lot of questions is a gyaru!

During my high school entrance ceremony, a gyaru asked me seven questions in one second (What middle school did you go to? What clubs you plan on joining? Aren't these uniforms too big?) and I was taken aback! Their mindset and energy are super-tough!

MAMI: Yes, that's certainly a gyaru.

TOMOMI: Yeah, those types of questions are gyaru-like. Having a mindset that instantly interests someone is gyaru-like... Being a gyaru is nice.

MAMI: You can recognize someone as being a gyaru just by glancing at them, right? And you can say right away that that person's a gyaru.

HARUNA: They've got great communication skills.

RINA: Yes, that's gyaru-like.

Sasasan

I am sending in a topic for "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai."

I'd like for SCANDAL to draw the fine line for a "childhood friend" (幼馴染み; osananajimi; in Japanese, it tends to refer more to someone you've known since your earliest childhood).

Movies, dramas, anime, etc. always have a "childhood friend" trope, but from what age to what age can you call someone a "childhood friend"?

Personally, I call my friends from preschool and kindergarten "childhood friends," and I feel that it differs starting from when you're in elementary school.

I would like SCANDAL to draw the line line.

RINA: I see. Those who are friends from preschool and kindergarten definitely are "childhood friends."

HARUNA: That's right.

RINA: What about elementary school...

HARUNA: I think it's a bit different starting from elementary school...

TOMOMI: Maybe it's like you're more like "classmates."

HARUNA: [It's applicable] to someone who someone who lives really close to you.

HARUNA: For example, someone who lives in the same building, or lives in the house next door.

RINA: Your area expands once you're in elementary school, so I wonder if it is different.

TOMOMI: I lived pretty far away from my preschool. That's why there weren't any kids in my neighborhood who went to the same preschool. For me, I didn't have any "childhood friends" who lived in my neighborhood.

MAMI: It may be that "childhood friend" isn't about age but rather about how close you are.

RINA: On a sense of scale, yeah.

MAMI: If there's a kid next door who's of the same generation but doesn't go to the same preschool/kindergarten as you...wouldn't they also be a "childhood friend"?

TOMOMI: But someone who went to the same preschool/kindergarten as you is also considered a "childhood friend," right?

HARUNA: I think that's a little different...

TOMOMI: It might be.

MAMI: In anime and dramas, isn't it often that it's someone from the neighborhood?

HARUNA: The two people who came to mind for me were kids who lived in the same building as me.

TOMOMI: For me, our moms were friends, and our dads worked at the same company. We also went to the same daycare.

HARUNA: Ah, okay.

TOMOMI: I still am in touch with that friend, and they're who I think of when I hear "childhood friend."

HARUNA: I see.

TOMOMI: It doesn't mean that you need to live in the same area.

HARUNA: Is it more about how often you hang out?

RINA: Like, people you've seen a bunch of times until you enter elementary school?

HARUNA: Ah, that might be it. Excluding preschool/kindergarten friends.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 108

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 MrmYfo7
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 LcsHcXZ

•The episode starts with this. Continuing with their conversation, TOMO talks about how she became really good friends with someone she attended Caless with. During New Year's they'll get together with each other's families and such. RINA says that she doesn't really have any childhood friends because she had moved from Osaka to Nara when she was in elementary school. MAMI thinks that she also doesn't have any childhood friends. She says that she did have someone that she played a lot with when she was a kid, though they're not really in contact now. RINA asks if anyone's still friends with someone they knew in elementary school. None of them say that they are. MAMI says that she does have some from middle school. She did go to the same elementary as them as well as middle, but they didn't become friends until middle. RINA says that it is difficult to say from what age can you call someone a "childhood friend." HARU says that it kind of differs from person to person.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says they became a fan after learning about SCANDAL via an "overseas music review video" and have caught up with most of their content including albums and live DVDs. They ask the band what the fine line is between a so-called adult and an old dude. They say they're in their thirties but honestly don't feel much different than they did in their twenties. They think that maybe sprouting more gray hairs or caring less about what others think of them might be a sign that they're getting closer to being an old dude. TOMO wonders what an "overseas music review video" is. HARU says that she's pretty sure it's when people overseas make videos reviews/reacting to things, which can include Japanese music. They then start discussing the question. TOMO thinks that the fine line is entirely mental, as in you're only as old as you feel. They basically say that it's really up to you. TOMO says that feeling sorry about being an old dude is a pretty Japanese thing to do, since overseas, older people regardless of age are seen as being more cool or wise, or more sexy/experienced. They say that getting older isn't a bad thing, and that it's important to "renew" yourself to be true to you.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who had a man bun hairstyle about a year ago, and says that there are different ways to call tying up the hair such as "shibaru," "musubu," "kukuru," "tabaneru" (they're all verbs that refer to tying up hair). He asks the band if there are any fine lines between these words, and if it could be a dialect thing. He also says that he refers to it as "shibaru." MAMI asks what a "man bun" is. HARU starts to explain it, and apparently the other three didn't know that that hairstyle was called that. TOMO thinks that it should be "kukuru" (tied up). RINA also agrees. They also say that it could be a dialect thing, as in different areas call it different things. TOMO says that she's never used the word "musubu" (this kind of means more like "to join" or "to link") to refer to tying hair up, which the others also say they've never used either. They discuss it a little more and HARU says that when you get your hair styled by a pro, you're likely to use "musubu." TOMO says that for the man bun style, you'd probably use "kukuru" or "ageru" (literally "to raise"). They also say that "musubu" might be the way to refer to it using standard Japanese. TOMO says that any differences are likely to be dialect/area-related.

•Next, they look at the cards in front of them and pick new fine line topics that interest them that listeners can write in about. MAMI says that there's one that says "awareness of doing things involuntarily," which they laugh at. TOMO says there's one about "bias vs. like" (押しと好き), which they decide to choose. The other topic they choose is "admiration vs. jealousy" (憧れと嫉妬). They say that it seems like the replies will be interesting.

•They then close out the episode. They say that doing this for the first time in a while was fun. Some other things they mention are the postponement of their Sendai performance due to the recent earthquake in the area (it has since been rescheduled to May), as well as how they will be performing at a few festivals in the spring.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

The first "SCANDAL Catch up" episode in the new fiscal year! What kind of program is "Catch up"??

Episode #109 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 KjHpz3v

HARUNA: It's April! As such, we'd like to explain the program once more.
This program is titled "SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo"
..."Catch up" means "How are things going?"
It's a weekly program where the four of us and the listeners
Get excited and talk frankly, freely, and have fun.
Huh... It's written on here, "Tell us each what's appealing about the program!"!?

All: Eh!

(*Everyone takes a moment to think)

TOMOMI: Well, we enjoy tons of Meiji sweets as we record...

MAMI: Sometimes we do live broadcasts on Tokyo FM, talk on the phone to listeners...

RINA: I wonder if our personalities outside of music are showing in a good way...

TOMOMI: And we also have a lot of original program merch!

HARUNA: That's important! Yeah, we immediately forget to give them out...

TOMOMI: We have stickers, picks, and...an Apollo pouch, which we give out only once a year.

HARUNA: It's a rare item from this program.

MAMI: It's such a nicely made pouch that's in the shape of an Apollo chocolate.

RINA: It's so adorable!

HARUNA: It's a genuine, original item made just for this program.

TOMOMI: I think it's big enough to hold 9 Meltykisses...

HARUNA: We give presents out to those whose messages we read.

TOMOMI: Ah, we also have segment-only stickers.

HARUNA: That's right. We have a "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" sticker. It has such a nice design.
We have a lot of other segments! "Yappa Hyougen Suki ya nen," which introduces local dialects; "Naru Hodo - The Catch up," where we read messages from listeners worldwide while we're given a quiz about those countries; "Consult SCANDAL," where we answer inquiries about love advice, life advice, etc.... And I have a feeling there are even more...
At any rate, we'd like to continue to get excited with you guys!

Now then, let's read a message.

Shirokuma

Good evening, SCANDAL. I survive the gloomy beginning of the week looking forward to new episodes [of "Catch up"] every Monday night.

I've always enjoyed listening to the radio, and recently I've started sending in messages to programs. There was something I discovered after starting to send in messages, so I will be submitting it here.

I've always been the type of person who can't get back up right away if something goes wrong, and I tend to feel excessively regretful.

However, ever since I started sending in messages to radio programs, I've been reflecting on my mistakes and they don't drag on for as long as before. I realized that I was thinking positively about things and trying to turn my messups into funny stories to be read on the radio.

When I noticed that change in my emotions, at first my posts started winning stickers and other prizes. Besides the free gifts, I felt that it had a huge positive effect on me, and I became even more fond of the radio.

SCANDAL, do you feel that there's something positive for you about doing this radio program?

HARUNA: How wonderful!

RINA: That's lovely!

MAMI: That's a great way to listen to the radio~

TOMOMI: There can be a lot of moments when you get to know yourself better by talking about what you think.

MAMI: There are.

RINA: You can organize your thoughts.

HARUNA: Since "Catch up" started, I may have lost my adversion to speaking. I think that really is the case. That's why it's important to put things into words. Listeners, please feel free to send us messages about all sorts of things!

TOMOMI: A lot of our segments were created from messages.

HARUNA: That's right; we're not necessarily the ones who decide which segments to have. Things that get us and the listeners excited become segments.

RINA: It's the best.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 109

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 Vt3ZNzh
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 OSjYfy5

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who attended their recent concert in Kobe and says that after the concert, he confessed to the girl that they went to the concert with and they are now dating. The band squees and claps (MAMI: "Wow!"). They're both from Kansai, though he's currently living in Nagoya for work. After they talked about how they would be apart for a bit though they just started dating, he decided to transfer to Hyogo Prefecture to be closer to her. The band is surprised and goes "Eh??!" They're all impressed with the story. TOMO goes, "SCANDAL concerts are places of power, aren't they?" They thank the listener for telling them.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says their first anniversary with their boyfriend is March 4th. He loves SCANDAL, and before the listener knew it, she started liking SCANDAL as well. They also plan to go to their tour in April. She quotes the lyrics to their song "Kinenbi" and hopes that they can "keep stacking up the trifiling anniversaries." RINA then reads that the listener says she's happy when she listens to "Catch up." HARU laughs and goes, "Did she actually say that?" RINA rereads the message and says that it seems that their program director handwrote that line in, which the band laughs at. RINA says that she wants to start a hashtag for these love-related stories like these last two. The director says to read this next message. RINA goes, "What is it?"

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whom the band had called for the program at the end of last year (the one whose car got squished flat). She thanks them for making her feel happy and blasting away residual feelings and such from last year, such as ones involving her ex that got her into SCANDAL. She then says that about a month after the phone call, she got a new boyfriend. She then says a ton of stuff about new BF that I don't really feel like translating lol. She ends her message by asking the band to give her a pep talk. The band laughs at this and says that they're glad she got a new BF. One of the things she did mention was that she was scared to fall in love with her new BF due to having trauma from her past relationship. RINA says that the new guy is a completely different person and she should be embracing who is he is rather than comparing him to her ex, and that the same thing won't happen again. HARU mentions how they've talked about a lot of things on this program and that a lot of listeners have found happiness. TOMO goes, "Places of power, I tell you!" They all laugh. MAMI goes, "For us, is it whittling down our own power?" They all laugh again and say that they're bequeathing power to everyone, so that's okay.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says they got married last year, but their wife doesn't like that they like SCANDAL. She got angry when they watched one of SCANDAL's live DVDs when they first started dating, and she gets mad when she hears their songs. She doesn't like the fact that he likes female artists. Even if he explains that what he likes is their music, she won't listen to him. He says it makes him sad to think that he might not be able to go to their concerts in the future. He asks the band if there's a good solution for this. TOMO says that it's difficult for them to think of a solution because they can't really say anything, which the others laugh at. HARU says that she's sure that the opposite exists, where men don't like that women like male idols or the like. RINA says that it sounds like she's jealous, and that the listener ought to try explaining his side to her. MAMI brings up that he said that she won't listen to what he says. TOMO says to decrease the speed of their songs so that their voices sound like guys. They all laugh and TOMO continues that he'll then be able to listen to SCANDAL's songs and the wife might not be able to tell it's them. HARU asks what to do when it comes to going to their concerts. TOMO laughs and says that's difficult to say. MAMI says that maybe he could take her to a concert at least once. RINA says that it probably has to do with appearances, so maybe he could try telling her about the band's personalities. MAMI basically says that he should try talking directly with his wife about the band. She also wonders how they themselves could be explained. RINA wonders what DVD and what songs of theirs he showed his wife, which they all laugh at. MAMI says that it is true that they're completely different now than how they were 10 years ago. They say that maybe he could try showing her their most recent stuff.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who has a boyfriend that is five years older than them, and that they've been dating for three years. They don't dislike him, and they feel a sense of security being with him, but they aren't quite sure if they do love him. They ask if it means their romance is over, despite likely being able to keep staying together (quoting the lyrics from "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa"). They also ask what the moment is when lust turns into true love. HARU says that the longer you go out with someone, the more likely something like that will happen. RINA says that it could be due to time. MAMI says that if they don't want a person that's not their current BF to make their heart skip a beat, then she thinks that they could just stay together while thinking of what steps to take next. TOMO says that the longer you're with someone, the more likely it'll be that they no longer "make your heart skip a beat," but if you don't want to hurt them or if you want to do something for them, then it's likely that it'll end up being true love. She also says that feeling bored might be a sign that the romance is over with. TOMO says that maybe it'd be good to think things over while considering how you'd likely feel if you were no longer with that person.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says that they found something that sounds very similar to a song of SCANDAL's: In a video of foreigners pounding cacao beans with a hammer, the sound of the hammering sounds just like the intro to "one more time." The band then seemingly listens to the video and bursts out laughing, saying that the tone does sound like the song's intro [it's the first few seconds of this video]. HARU wonders how they stumbled across this video. MAMI laughs and says that that was the first time she's heard this. The intro to OMT is played and they say that it sounds exactly the same. They seemingly play the cacao video again and they once again go, "It's the same!" They say that it seems that newer fans are able to spot these similarities. RINA says that maybe they're able to because they're coming into it with fresh ears.

•They then close out the episode. They mention that their postponed Sendai performance has been rescheduled for May 6th. They also say that they'll be performing at the JAPAN JAM festival the following day.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

The seventh "I see - The Catch up"! SCANDAL is quizzed about an overseas fast food chain that they love!

Episode #110 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 TrJjLjs

HARUNA: We'll be bringing you the seventh "I see - The Catch up," the first one in forever!
Bringing you worldwide news or cultures in the form of a quiz!
A SCANDAL-like segment that comes from messages sent from fans around the world

TOMOMI: Can't wait!

HARUNA: I feel like we're doing it a lot more...

TOMOMI: Isn't it one volume for each time?

HARUNA: So far we've done quizzes based on message from Estonia, Malaysia, Argentina, Italy, Russia, USA, Australia, Philippines, Taiwan, India, Indonesia.

MAMI: Wow... People from all over the world really do tune in.

TOMOMI: Yeah, hearing all of those countries again, it really impressive. We're also holding a world tour this year.

HARUNA: Let's learn about the world before that.
Now let's read a message! This was written in Japanese.

AD (*I will not be translating the entire message, just the parts that the band mentions)

Hello! I'm AD from the Philippines. I made fan art based on the teaser of the "MIRROR" MV. I'm currently drawing a short manga for RINA.

TOMOMI: We do see fan art!

HARUNA: They said they're also drawing a short manga.

RINA: This person might have sent me a DM.

HARUNA: We'd love to see more in the future!
Thanks, AD! Now here's a quiz about the Philippines!

When Philippine fast food chain Jollibee beloved by everyone began in 1975, they didn't serve burgers nor fried chicken.

What did they sell when they first opened?

MAMI: Ehー!

RINA: What did they sell...?

TOMOMI: Me! Honey!
(*Bzzt)

MAMI: Me! Fries!
(*Bzzt)

RINA: Desserts! Parfait!
(*Bzzt)

HARUNA: Fruit!
(*Bzzt)

RINA: Donuts!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 110

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 JjLpUdw
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 FfhSB4j

•The episode starts with this. Continuing from where the blog left off, RINA's answer of donuts is incorrect. TOMO then says ice cream, which is the correct answer (you can read more about that here on Wiki). They wonder if the ice cream sold there is still popular. MAMI says that she likes the sauce used on their burgers. They say that they'd like to go again, and that if/when they do, they'll order some ice cream. TOMO wonders if they only have standard flavors like vanilla. MAMI thinks that they must have Philippines-like flavors. TOMO guesses that they might have banana-flavored ice cream (unfortunately, it looks like don't really serve ice cream at all anymore/if they do, it's usually vanilla).

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is also from the Philippines and claims that they first learned about SCANDAL's music in 2007, and that their music has helped them a lot. They say that they have a connection to "Ai ni Naranakatta" since they're part of the LGBT community and that it's hard to find love. MAMI says that a lot of messages regarding love seem to come in from overseas listeners, which makes them happy.

•HARU then starts to read the quiz question and goes, "Philippine fast food chain Jollibee beloved by everyone." The others laugh and go "Eh??" since it starts the same way as the first quiz question. TOMO goes, "Ice cream!" They laugh and go, "Is that correct?" (*Bzzt). HARU starts reading the question: "Philippine fast food chain Jollibee beloved by everyone has many mascots such as their signature bee." The band is surprised by this. MAMI goes, "No way!" HARU continues, "There's 'Hamburger Man' (Mr. Yum)..." They go, "Eh??" and laugh. HARU then says, "Ice Cream Woman (Twirlie)." They again all laugh and say that they're crying tears of laughter. HARU tries to continue saying it while laughing: "Hamburger Man and Ice Cream Woman's little sister..." TOMO goes, "HARU's crying!" HARU continues with, "Fried Man's (Popo) little sister..." They laugh again and MAMI goes, "What does he fry? Everything??" So this is the question in its entirety:

Philippine fast food chain Jollibee beloved by everyone has many mascots such as their signature bee. There's Mr. Yum, Twirlie, etc.

Who is Mr. Yum and Twirlie's little sister, and is also Popo's twin sister?

TOMO goes, "It's probably something-something Woman" and answers "Potato Woman." This is incorrect. HARU repeats the question and TOMO goes, "Oh, it's not their child?" They go over the familiar connections again before MAMI answer, "Juice Woman" (*Bzzt). They then list the types of foods that have already been used: burgers, ice cream, and fried food. RINA guesses "Shake Girl" (*Bzzt). They laugh and say it probably is something "Woman." MAMI says that they can't know that for sure, though. Then then say that maybe it is something "Girl" due to her being the little sister. TOMO goes, "It's not boy, right?" They laugh and say no. TOMO then guesses "Fresh Lettuce Woman" (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses "Tomato-chan" (*Bzzt). TOMO goes, "It definitely wouldn't be named that!" and they all laugh. She then says that since they're twins and the other one has "Fried" in his name, then maybe it's something like "Chicken Woman" (*Bzzt), and then "Potato Woman" (*Bzzt), and then "Onion Woman" (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses "Apple Pie Woman" (*Bzzt). The staff says that it's definitely something that they've eaten before. HARU guesses "Nugget Woman" (*Bzzt), and then "Salad Woman" (*Bzzt). MAMI asks for a hint and if the character's named after a popular item. The staff says that they wouldn't know that.

•MAMI then says, "What about in Japan?" They then say that yes, it is a popular item in Japan. TOMO asks if it's found at other fast food places. They say that it probably isn't but gives them a hint: Her nickname is "Hetty." The band goes, "Hetty??" TOMO guesses "Healthy Woman" (*Bzzt). They give another hint that she is a cheerleader. RINA thinks that she definitely has to be associated with potatoes, but the buzzer sound is played. MAMI guesses "Hash Brown Woman" (*Bzzt). TOMO guesses "Onigiri" (Rice Ball) (*Bzzt). They laugh at her guess being Japanese food. MAMI then guesses "Iced Tea Woman" (*Bzzt). The staffer gives them a hint of it being a staple food. TOMO guesses "Rice" (*Bzzt), then "Fish" (*Bzzt), then "Beef (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses "Buns Woman" (*Bzzt), then "Patty Woman" (*Bzzt). The staffer says something else inaudible before RINA answers "Pasta," which is the right answer. The staffer says the correct answer is "Miss Spaghetti." They go, "That's so cute!"

•MAMI seems to look her up online and says she looks really cute/has a lot of character. HARU laughs and says she looks nothing like what the Jollibee mascot looks like. The staffer mentions that Jollibee has no familial connections to the other mascots. They laugh and say that's so complicated. They say that they've never eaten that spaghetti before, and that they didn't know Jollibee offered that. The staff says that many of the mascots have been cut, as in they don't appear on Jollibee's official site and such. RINA says that they wanted to go to a Jollibee in person but were told they didn't have time to do so. MAMI mentions that there was a Jollibee next to the place where they held the fan meeting the day before the concert. The staff then says that Jollibee used to have a green motif when they first started (as opposed to the red they have now). The band is surprised and MAMI goes, "No way!" TOMO wonders if it changed when they decided to start selling things other than ice cream. Next, the staff explains the meaning of "Jollibee," which literally means "a jolly bee." They say that it is quite a jolly-looking bee. TOMO then goes, "If it wasn't jolly, it'd look like it just infiltrated a family." They laugh at this, and that this quiz was only about Jollibee.

•They then close out the episode. HARU says that their program director goes to a Jollibee, he probably will find the food irresistable. TOMO says that he could eat some if he came to Canada with them. He seems to say something probably along the lines of, "Is it even in Canada?" MAMI says that they'll look for some, and that she thinks there are locations in Canada [there are several in Toronto and one in Vancouver]. HARU says that they haven't any quizzes about Canada so far (meaning that no messages from listeners in Canada have been read before on the show). MAMI laughs and wonders if their shows in Canada are going to be okay.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"MAMI laughs and wonders if their shows in Canada are going to be okay."
I'm sure you all have noticed the QE Theatre in Toronto has a seating chart showing the currently sold seats. I counted something like 532 in sales. Eventbrite did a survey showing that for music concerts, about 25% of sales are in the last month, so that could put it over 650.
Mami can expect a decent turnout, at least in Toronto.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

What is the startling Nagoyan food that HARUNA and MAMI have never eaten?

Episode #111 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 20 443GEAD

HARUNA: This is the 111th episode of "Catch up." There no particular meaning to it, though there are a few "1's" in a row.

All: Ohー!

HARUNA: We'll be reading a lot of messages! While eating sweets! Let's read some.

Yumu

Good evening, SCANDAL! I'm from and live in Aichi Prefecture!

I really sympathized with how HARUNA and MAMI were having trouble recommending food from Nagoya haha.

I actually live in a corner of Aichi rather than Nagoya, but it is true that when someone from another prefecture will ask me to tell them any recommended spots in Nagoya, I will answer that there's nothing in the first place.

Let me say this first! I love Aichi haha

You guys had read a message from someone who said they want to live in Nagoya, and I do feel that Aichi is a comfy place to live in! With each year I feel that it's easy to live in Aichi because there are urban areas, moderately rural areas, and rural areas!

By the way, my favorite Nagoyan food is ankake spaghetti!

HARUNA: Have you ever eaten ankake spaghetti?

TOMOMI: ...I don't think so.

HARUNA: It's really good.

RINA: In the car on the way to record for our program today, there was a "Nagoya food special" on...and they introduced an ankake spaghetti specialty restauarant.

HARUNA: I see.

RINA: I've never eaten it, but it sounds really good.

TOMOMI: When we go to Nagoya, we often eat other kinds of Nagoyan food.

HARUNA: That might be so.

RINA: Like miso katsu.

TOMOMI: And miso nikomi udon.

HARUNA: Yeah.

TOMOMI: And tebasaki.

MAMI: Right.

TOMOMI: That's why I would like to go have some ankake spaghetti.

HARUNA: Miso katsu, tebasaki, miso nikomi udon... Sometimes I think that ankake spaghetti is next in line, in terms of trends for Nagoyan food.

MAMI: Yeah, maybe for teppanyaki and ankake.

TOMOMI: There's also some crazy pasta in Nagoya, right?

RINA: Like a dessert pasta?

MAMI: Yeah, it's at a place called Mountain.

HARUNA: "Kissa Mountain." They have stuff like strawberry pasta and matcha pasta.

TOMOMI: I don't have the guys to eat that...but I'd like to see it.

HARUNA: I've also never eaten that before.

MAMI: Me neither.

HARUNA: I'd like to do so at least once.

MAMI: You'll say you'll eat a little, but then it'll look like you're about to finish it.

TOMOMI: You'll be going, "This is okay..." while eating it.

HARUNA: Yeah, I think I'd eat it.

MAMI: Going back to ankake spaghetti, from what I remember it's ketchup, or maybe it's sour? That's what's popular, right?

HARUNA: I think so. They put sauce over spaghetti napolitan with an egg on top, served on an iron plate.

RINA: It suits the palettes of people in Nagoya.

HARUNA: That might be why it's a little strongly-flavored.

MAMI: I don't think it's the same kind of sauce consistency as tenshinhan or soup.

RINA: It's not?

TOMOMI: Is it like sara udon sauce?

MAMI: Yeah, it's not Japanese-style. I'd love for you guys to try it once!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.