Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Electric Mami wrote:i'm starting to worry a bit... i remember pre-ordering the limited edition Blu-Ray, but i don't see it anymore on CDJapan, as if it has not been available in the past, while the limited edition DVD pre-order is still on CDJapan... does anyone here remember pre-ordering that same limited edition Blu-Ray on CDJapan ? also the pre-oreder mentionned "w/ CD" but the upcoming releases mentions 2 CDs, so i'm a bit confused ; i hope i'll definitely receive two CDs lol

That edition is 100% still up on CDJ.

A link to that edition on CDJ is provided in the very first post of this thread (and the listing does mention the two audio CDs). Wink

http://bit.ly/kftdbr_limited

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
ohhh okayyyy so it just doesn't have the "pre-order" mention anymore... CDJ updated their links, okay, i understand now. thank you very much ! :3

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Electric Mami wrote:ohhh okayyyy so it just doesn't have the "pre-order" mention anymore... CDJ updated their links, okay, i understand now. thank you very much ! :3

Yes, when items are about to be released, the "pre-order" label is taken off of the listings as they're no longer considered pre-order items.

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My DVD is being delivered right now. The only issue is that I'll pay taxes  SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 1f615 

Will pay 722 pesos which is $36  SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 1f625 , so unfortunate

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Already arrived, so glad I can now watch it at a decent framerate  .clap. (although I'm keeping my vid capture on my HD so I have an alternate "broadcast version" to watch, delightful imperfections and all)

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 Sig10
Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mine just arrived. Can't wait to rewatch the acoustic performances. I've got the impression that releases under Her have better quality on the packaging, not sure, but the cases/materials feel better

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 JV6f0c2

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 RlCSwrY

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
my copy was shipped yesterday ! i'm sooo excited, if it takes the usual time, it should take 5 or 6 days to arrive at my sweet home... i try to avoid "spoilers" of how it looks to make it even more exciting and stunning at the unboxing moment !

if i'm allowed to, i'll post a few pictures of how it looks once it's arrived ~
and why not a video of the unboxing... i'll see if i'm in the mood for it xD

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
My copy arrived today as well.  Looking forward to watching the BluRay, then listening to the CD in my car.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Already arrived, so glad I can now watch it at a decent framerate  .clap. (although I'm keeping my vid capture on my HD so I have an alternate "broadcast version" to watch, delightful imperfections and all)

Original Japan broadcast was 30fps
The overseas stream was also capped at 24fps
The blu-ray for whatever reason is 24fps probably for cinematic effect..... and hence got converted to DVD as well.

I compared the DVD version as well, for some odd reason the blu-ray version is a little longer than the DVD for the same content, i.e. either blu-ray got stretch or DVD got compressed in time.

I also noticed the 24fps frame rate when watching the broadcast on the large Yunika Vision TV screens.

Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Did they fix the mistakes? I'd prefer they didn't but understand if they have.

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 2foml0
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 0lvvRhn

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 debuted at #3 on the Oricon Daily Music DVD Ranking chart for November 17.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dm/d/2020-11-17/

#front-page

Haruna's Ears wrote:Did they fix the mistakes? I'd prefer they didn't but understand if they have.

Haven't gotten my copy yet, but others are saying that they fixed the intro for "A.M.D.K.J."  that MAMI fumbled on.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Can confirm, they took out MAMI's AMDKJ riff on both BD and CD (and changed the camera angle so her laughing her head off can't be seen.)  Not the first time they've done this (Perfect World had the same revision to another riff error) and yes, I'm honestly disappointed since I think the only corrections that should ever be made on a home release of a live performance are fixes to camera angles and sound balance issues, but eh, overall it's a good release.

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 Sig10
Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Haven't gotten my copy yet, but others are saying that they fixed the intro for "A.M.D.K.J."  that MAMI fumbled on.
No way! Sad if it is, it was a hilarious moment!

Mine is already in the country, but so far it is going through customs.

SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I received it yesterday from CD Japan, listened to both cds.  I have the blu-ray playing right now.  The Acoustic version of departure:  .happy.

Did they interlace the words on the screen this much in the broadcast?  I don't have the livestream saved off to compare.  It is cool, I'm digging it.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Alxa wrote:Did they interlace the words on the screen this much in the broadcast?  I don't have the livestream saved off to compare.  It is cool, I'm digging it.

My copy is still in transit so I can't say for sure for the entire recording.. but just by comparing what's in the YouTube trailer and the equivalent parts in the original livestream, it seems the overlaying of lyrics onscreen was reduced in the DVD. 

I'm really glad for that tbh; it's a cool effect and all, but imo the amount in the livestream was too much that it distracted from the band's performance.  SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 1f605

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haruna was sharp in parts of the chorus of "Saishūheiki, Kimi", and I think it was because she was trying to hear her voice over the backing track. Well, that's gone. So is EVERY slight pitch variance in the harmony vocals. There is not a single blemish in the entire concert. I can understand wanting to present the best possible product, but this....well like I said elsewhere, it's eerie.
And I'd prefer some more lingering shots of the members. The director cuts a LOT. I have a feeling I'll be hitting pause a lot just to see the band members better.
On a related note, who here wants the bonus option of viewing the show on a fan cam? Like all Mami on a split screen or picture-in-picture. That would be so cool. Maybe next time.
All in all it's an excellent show/disk, and worth the money. It's just not super "live" feeling. I suppose not having an audience contributes to that.

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I felt like talking more)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
HaRiToMa

HaRiToMa

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:And I'd prefer some more lingering shots of the members. The director cuts a LOT. I have a feeling I'll be hitting pause a lot just to see the band members better.
That's something I've noticed on pretty much all the liverecordings of them I've seem on Youtube.

atashi wa atashi anata wa anata
Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
it's something we've talked about in the Discord server of Scandal, but i'd like to share it here too :
you see like... beauty standards in the fashion industry ? well, i feel like correcting every single mistake is a bit the same, it's the standard in music, or at least live releases. even bands that didn't make any mistake (or nearly) get to correct every single detail, and i would even say that we lose the idea of a "concert" release. it's not really a live anymore if you correct everything, or even re-record pieces of it.

and just like beauty standards, i feel like this "no imperfection" standard in pitch (when singing) or even funny mistakes like Mami's at the beginning of A.M.D.K.J. gives an impression of "i'll never be able to be as good as them" when you're a musician -- but the thing is that they're not perfect, and i hate how pitch corrector and stuff like that hides it *too much*. also we're okay with their imperfections i would even say we love it, because it means they can improve again, and i personally love to see a band improve.

this is also why i managed to get the TV (or original livestream in that release case) broadcasts of Scandal's live releases, and i watched them a bit to compare with the DVD release... well honestly, there's no true need for pitch corrector. their mistakes are funny/cute, and i'm fine with that. Haruna's vocal performance for the livestream wasn't THAT bad to the point of using pitch corrector all the way ; only some notes like the beginning of Chiisana Honoo was enough imo. the main problem with the original boradcasts is just the mixing actually, using compression and eventually cutting a few milliseconds for the vocals to sound better is usually enough, because when you play live, you don't think about playing and singing as perfect as possible, but rather having a good time -- perfection is not an important matter in the moment.

and it can become disappointing to see and hear how perfect the official release is when you know the original, when you've watched it/listened to it several times and you know that is wasn't perfect -- but it was good enough for us to have a good time, and that's what counts for us mortals who usually can't hear all the imperfections... just like hogradish said, it's actually eerie when it's *too* perfect x). anyway, i'm just stating the obvious here :SCharulol:

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah, I agree with some of you. I've been listeting to the CD this morning and how they are correcting the pitch isn't great. It sounds like a robot on Saishuuheiki, Kimi. I know the studio version has auto tune, but this is way more than expected.

Also on Ceramic blue, during the chorus, Haru's high notes sound very robotic, I don't love this, but what we can't do anything about it.

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The DHL man has come and gone, I already have my Blu-ray on the official day of release!!!

Thank you CD Japan, and Thank You SCANDAL.   SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 3 2764 
.wow.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Original live version: Chunk light tuna in oil mixed with store-brand mayo on whole wheat bread
Blu-ray version: Solid white tuna in water mixed with Kewpie on white bread with the crust cut off, and cut into triangles. With those frilly toothpicks stuck in.
Both are good, I guess. One of each, please.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

ICYMI, I had made English subs for all of SCANDAL's MCs during the livestream (*Audio only; no video clips):

And if you haven't picked up a copy of the DVD yet:

Blu-ray Regular Edition 

Blu-ray Limited Edition w/ CD + Photo Booklet

DVD Regular Edition

DVD Limited Edition w/ CD + Photo Booklet

#front-page

Back to top Go down
Zemborato

Zemborato

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:
And I'd prefer some more lingering shots of the members. The director cuts a LOT. 

Yeah, this is a problem with all their concert vids. If I ever win the lottery, I'll pay big money to have them re-edited with about 75% fewer cuts!

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
this is problem i noticed with lots of artist like "ACTION. FAST TEMPO. CUT. CUT. CUT !!" and when it's a ballad, less cuts etc, but the cuts are so short when it's dynamic song, i don't why they do that... i mean we're still following the action, we're not falling asleep when there are less cuts xD

and SCANDAL is not the "worst" that i saw in that case tbh. the GazettE was the worst i saw in that case, like for a 4min performance there would be 220 cuts which makes an average of a bit more than 1 second per shot

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

@TGE

Thank you for the translation of the MCs.  By any chance do you have this text in document form to post for download?  I'd like to keep a copy with my BD for whenever I view it years from now I will know what they're saying.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.