thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Meph1766 wrote:
buchenandy wrote:Hello! I'm thinking about bying the livestream-ticket, but i also think, that it's quite expensive (but not too much like the mucc livestream a few days ago xD) and can't decide yet.

Are there translations for the oversea stream when they are talking? in the KFTD-Livestream, they talked (for my opinion) much, but i understand, that there couldn't be a translation due the live setup. Would be great, if there is a translation available in english Happy
Unfortunately, there is no translation during stream. But MC translation probably will appear here in a while, I hope

I did subs of the KFTD livestream MCs which can be found here (audio only; no video clips). I will do the same for this stream too, but I will not post them until after the VOD period ends on January 11th to be fair to the band.

setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED
Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:06 am

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
I just saw the concert and again the quality is low. I'm not sure if it's a problem of the streaming company or is the transmission abroad to avoid piracy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:12 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
vwolf wrote:I just saw the concert and again the quality is low. I'm not sure if it's a problem of the streaming company or is the transmission abroad to avoid piracy

What do you mean by "low"? It's 1080p, 25 fps--pretty standard.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:19 am

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
vwolf wrote:I just saw the concert and again the quality is low. I'm not sure if it's a problem of the streaming company or is the transmission abroad to avoid piracy

What do you mean by "low"? It's 1080p, 25 fps--pretty standard.
It is standard but the transmission looks a little cut off. Today 30 fps is more common

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:58 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
buchenandy wrote:Hello! I'm thinking about bying the livestream-ticket, but i also think, that it's quite expensive (but not too much like the mucc livestream a few days ago xD) and can't decide yet.
^Considering this SEASONS stream is the same price as KFTD stream but shorter (and with fewer "hits" on the setlist), I also felt it was relatively more expensive.  setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 1f605  

However, I still bought a ticket anyway. At this point, I'm buying whatever they put out not for quality of entertainment anymore but simply to support the band. They went through 2020 without concert income and from the way the COVID situation is going in Japan and their usual overseas stops, are likely to go through 2021 with very limited concert income too.

Anyhow, here's my review of the stream:

Review:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:36 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@Steadystate nice review. The price didn't bother me that much and as like you say it's been a hard year for Scandal and any band really but as Scandal gave me hope and a ray of sunshine this year when I discovered them I want to give back what I can at every opportunity.

I liked their outfits thought they all looked beautiful, I had wondered if they were meant to represent angels at Christmas, that's what I like to think anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:21 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Who wants a ticket? I have one. For free.
Update: Ticket has been given out, sorry.

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:06 pm

komochin

komochin

Caless Student
Caless Student
The live versions of Short Short and SUKI-SUKI were definitely the highlights for me, I always wanted to hear those songs live and Scandal did not disappoint! 

and the acoustic  ver. of stamp was something i did not know i needed until now

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:35 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

although I still found the ticket a bit expensive
I really like to support the band
I will surely buy them everything that I can

the show was beautiful
Rina's joy contagious (bad choice of words xD)

Stamp's acoustic version was extraordinary
They really gave that song a second life

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:43 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -

Are there translations for the oversea stream when they are talking? in the KFTD-Livestream, they talked (for my opinion) much, but i understand, that there couldn't be a translation due the live setup. Would be great, if there is a translation available in english Happy

But this isn't a live stream. Yes, it's USD30 but you can rewatch it to your heart's content until Jan 11. Better than nothing IMHO.

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:32 pm

streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

I agree, quality could be better, but it is still OK. Still better than Gamma Ray livestream that was disastrous (mono sound, ~15 fps). I guess it's the platform issue anyway, since they definitely reencode the source... Zaiko livestream are the best in terms of quality, Majiko stream looked like blu-ray content.

Technical details aside, the perofrmance is simply wonderful! A different feel compared to KFTD, definitely something special. It is amazing that they release shows that don't look like copies of each other. I absolutely love their live shows and I am hyped for the 2021 perofrmances in Europe more than ever

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:29 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The quality was as I expected given other streams.  I expect a blu-ray release since they did all the work to record it.  

It was fun to watch regardless, we'll watch it a few more times before the 11th.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:27 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I liked it all
with gratitude for every precious moment
SCANDAL ¡presente!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:16 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
streame wrote:I agree, quality could be better, but it is still OK. Still better than Gamma Ray livestream that was disastrous (mono sound, ~15 fps). I guess it's the platform issue anyway, since they definitely reencode the source... Zaiko livestream are the best in terms of quality, Majiko stream looked like blu-ray content.

Technical details aside, the perofrmance is simply wonderful! A different feel compared to KFTD, definitely something special. It is amazing that they release shows that don't look like copies of each other. I absolutely love their live shows and I am hyped for the 2021 perofrmances in Europe more than ever
I think there are several factors, the equipment also take sense. It doesn't just depend on the platform. I watched several concerts at Zaiko. And one of them was bad, lagged a lot and the overall quality was awful.

SCANDAL quality was very good

setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

I agree. This looked and sounded very good even on my older hardware and software.

I like Short Short, so this live is a must see for me. Watching this live is a great way to end/start a year. All the good vibes are there and makes you want to go to their next live wherever and whenever it may be.

setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:11 pm

buchenandy

buchenandy

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/buchendude/
You thanked this post! -

Steadystate wrote:^Considering this SEASONS stream is the same price as KFTD stream but shorter (and with fewer "hits" on the setlist), I also felt it was relatively more expensive.  setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 1f605  

However, I still bought a ticket anyway. At this point, I'm buying whatever they put out not for quality of entertainment anymore but simply to support the band. They went through 2020 without concert income and from the way the COVID situation is going in Japan and their usual overseas stops, are likely to go through 2021 with very limited concert income too.

I just bought my ticket. you are absolutely right, my joy in everything they do is too great not to buy a ticket :D 

Now I'm looking forward to watching the stream tonight Happy Thank you for your answers!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:24 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It was a good show, a bit pricey for only 1 hour. It was nice to see the band performing in front of real people for the first and last time of the year. 
The light show was nice but I didn't like their outfits. The setlist was great, I was so happy to hear "Short, Short" and Stamp "unplugged" for the first time.

I hope they will release more show on this streaming site next year too!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:52 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've watched 3 times and loved it. As others said, a bit pricey but I think it's for the better to support the band, especially from overseas fans, so they can keep giving us more content.

I was hoping to see 'Rainy' and I'm glad they played 'Short Short', since we have almost nothing from the Honey times. Haruna did a superb job on 'Hello' and 'Harukaze'.

This acoustic version brought a new life to 'Stamp', it's nice to see the four girls singing together and having fun. They could publish it on their YouTube to make some noise, same for 'Harukaze'.

As for the livestream, both KFTD and SEASONS were available in 5000 kbps, which is average for 1080p. I saw two other recent lives (LiSA, Liam Gallagher) with a 7500 kbps bit rate, better quality. So LiveFrom could up their bit rate a little, for the next show maybe?

In the end I'm thankful for both SCANDAL shows!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:52 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

SCANDAL has confirmed that there have been no COVID cases reported among anyone who was in attendance at "SEASONS."

Two weeks have passed since "SCANDAL 『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED" was held, and we'd like to inform everyone that there has been no confirmation of a COVID outbreak or infection from the audience, band, or staff.

We thank you for your cooperation.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1347749424928235522

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:57 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

I just watched the show again. Man. Crisp, precise, mature, sophisticated. I think perhaps the lower stage volume that a quiet crowd allowed contributed to the really good harmony vocals. And by the way, I think harmony is the biggest thing that sets apart girl groups, and should be taken advantage of. Stamp was really good. Cozy. The excited chat, great. Loved Suki Suki. The projection mapping on Tsuki, the dissolving city, really good. Harukaze, what an anthem, a real tear-jerker. Notice how they shortened the last notes in the chorus of Masterpiece. Not only is it more emphatic, but they don't start to hunt around for the note, trying to match up with each other. Just hit it and get out, ha ha. And Mami was definitely determined to play a perfect show. Well defined notes, careful endings, etc.
So yeah, I really liked this show.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
"Tsuki" from the SEASONS concert has been uploaded to SCANDAL's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_7cdTd_sI8

#front-page

And if anyone's curious about the "Japan Rock" logo at the end of the video and the "For J-LOD LIVE" text at the end of the title:

J-LOD ("Japan Content Localization and Distribution") is grant program from a government-sponsored company that helps promote Japanese content overseas and boost interest in it, which they hope leads to more visitors to Japan along with "creating an ecosystem in which the content industry can have continuous growth." This article talks a little more about it.

So basically, the band uploaded this video to help out the Japanese government with bringing in overseas tourism (not the best idea to do so right now, given the pandemic and all lol) and to try promoting themselves to a bigger audience.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Whoa, this is really good news. Thanks to the fans who shared their vids of this, but of course only the band had access to this more intimate footage with cleaner sound. Does anyone know if they've ever posted any lives on their site before? I wonder if they could post more—or if it's feasible to give links to things that are already on YouTube, DailyMotion et al

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

etwee wrote:Does anyone know if they've ever posted any lives on their site before? I wonder if they could post more—or if it's feasible to give links to things that are already on YouTube, DailyMotion et al

You can check their YouTube channel to see that no, they didn't post videos from concerts before this. The only thing that comes close is this studio performance of "FREEDOM FIGHTERS."

As for your second sentence, I think we can be sure that they're never going to link to/promote other peoples' technically illegal uploads of other live videos setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 1f605

Back to top Go down

just wondering
Posted Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:54 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote: they're never going to link to/promote other peoples' technically illegal uploads of other live videos setlist - SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED - Page 3 1f605
Hm, didn't know all those were illegal, now i feel like an accessory after the fact! But I still wonder if they couldn't arrange to post one or excerpts from the Stay-At-Home and KFTD Livestream concerts, and maybe even from the Red Bull event. After all, they were able to host almost all the albums they made for Sony....

Last edited by etwee on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add title)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:26 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
etwee wrote:But I still wonder if they couldn't arrange to post one or excerpts from the Stay-At-Home and KFTD Livestream concerts, and maybe even from the Red Bull event. After all, they were able to host almost all the albums they made for Sony....
Yeah I totally agree with you. It makes sense not to post the whole concert else no one would buy tickets, but not posting at all is also a missed marketing opportunity. 

New fans will never know these performances even existed unless they trawl through Scandal's website history, which is unlikely cos most people's first stop is YouTube.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.