Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 25th Single - 「eternal」
Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:19 pm

nyseth

nyseth

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Different from what I was expecting, wasn't too sure what to think of it after the first listen, but after a few more now I'm loving it.
Can't wait to see and hear more!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am often dubious of new SCANDAL songs the first time I listen to them so I wont judge it on one listening.

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I was actually expecting something like this due to my research of TOWA TEI's music. and I'm absolutely in love with the song. It's very different and it's one of the reasons why I've always admired SCANDAL as a band for. They always experiment and put out different work each time, especially lately. 

The strongest point of the song is definitely Haru's vocals for me. She did amazing!!! Can't wait to watch MV. All the concept photos and acapella teaser goes perfectly with the song, I think.

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:36 pm

YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This is totally different from what I expected from the teaser  scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 1f606 
The opening and ending feels a bit weird for me, need to listen to it several times to start liking it.
But I actually like the song. Now I need to see them perform live to love the song more!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:47 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I agree with melkam81, for me this definitely follows the mood of HARU's teaser. The sound is so RINAesque— which I like, but not everyone does. So another "controversial" one among fans I think. It will be interesting to see how the live performance goes. Tone is fresh for them, yet the melody seems to echo something they've done before—but when? which song? Any clues?

Last edited by etwee on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : modify sense)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:10 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I used to listen to the Twilight Singers "Teenage Wristband" over and over. This is like that. BIG but not busy. Does that make sense? Haruna, take a bow. I like the double tracking vocal sound at the beginning that fades, making the vocal come forward. I like how she stays in a lower register, where her voice shines best, imo. I like that it sounds sincere. I like the drum sounds, how the snare sounds especially. Like everything else is so loud it's pushed back in the mix.
I just hope they don't become "HARUNA (and scandal)" ha ha.

Update: Forget everything I said. This is going to number one in Japan.

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 10th listen on two different systems plus earphones.)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:14 pm

BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm liking this song so far, totally different from what i expected, the vibe of this song is just great

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:09 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was worried because that sound (dunno how to describe it) at the beggining which I'll always dislike, but I love the rest of the song, really well done. The chorus is amazing, I'm happy with this single

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:45 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hogradish wrote:
I just hope they don't become "HARUNA (and scandal)" ha ha.

This.

The only thing I didn't like about the single is that Haru is the only one participating on the first part of the single. I imagine it'll be kind of uncorfortable for the rest of the members when performing this song live but let's wait and see a live performance of this song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
My impression on listening to this the first time was "Oh, no, Scandal has now fully entered into their U2 "Zooropa" phase of their career.  I might as well tune out for a few albums until they can dismantle an atomic bomb again."

Thankfully the tune redeemed itself slightly after the first chorus and had Tomo's bass come through.  The tune started to get a bit more interesting, and by the end of the song I was thinking, "It's not bad.  It's not great; but it's not bad."

I am not a fan of the heavy use of synthesized backing tracks in some of their recent songs.  It feels very robotic to me.  I realize they had this on some of their older tunes, but it didn't start to bother me until KFTD was released.  At least there was no autotune vocals.

Overall, I think the song will play better in the context of a full album.  But boy do I hope it's not "Zooropa" or "Pop."

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think all the time on their hands has brought out their introspective side...
At least that's how it feels to me.

Any chance of adding subtitles to the audio?
Either way, thanks so much! I always enjoy new music.  Nice one

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
This is better than I originally thought after watching the acapella trailer. I guess Haruna sings it without guitar like Saishuheiki Kimi ..

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:49 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

2many2no wrote:Any chance of adding subtitles to the audio?

The official lyrics are not out yet, and although I was able to decipher pretty much all of the lyrics, I would rather not put out something that I'm not 100% sure on. You're going to have to wait until next week if/when they possibly release a related video that would make more sense to subtitle Wink

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:21 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Don Dio wrote:My impression on listening to this the first time was "Oh, no, Scandal has now fully entered into their U2 "Zooropa" phase of their career.  I might as well tune out for a few albums until they can dismantle an atomic bomb again."

[...]

Overall, I think the song will play better in the context of a full album.  But boy do I hope it's not "Zooropa" or "Pop."

It's true, when I listened to "Eternal" for the first time, it reminded me of the U2 song "Stay" on Zooropa. When you think about that, U2's members where around 32 years old when they released Zooropa in 1993... so maybe this "experimental pop song era" could be a typical "rockstar crisis around 32 years old
.evilgrin.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Loved the song.

To my ears, reminiscent of something that would fit well in a Makoto Shinkai film but that's just me. Saw a few U2 Zooropa/Pop references above - wouldn't mind that at all (quite like that phase of said band... dis-co-theque, UMPH! LOL) if SCANDAL ventures out to new sonic landscapes.

More power to them as a creative force!

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 am

TY

TY

Caless Student
Caless Student
Did anyone manage to listen to the radio broadcast? I tried and it just kept crashing, the YouTube live was only a video without audio. I ended up just giving up haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:13 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Imo the song's hook at the chorus could be a little stronger. But other than that, I really like the song too -- it gives me the warm fuzzy feels, as if I'd just finished watching a slice-of-life anime.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:20 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
After listening to song a few times it got that dance/rock feeling to it, Loving Haruna voice plus the Lyrics. The one thing I would change is the beeping noise, either get rid of it or turn it down.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

HARUNA on J-WAVE's "GROOVE LINE" radio program - February 25th

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 AwHmf2Z

Listen to the radio rip of "eternal" here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRB6wVS3qI

•HARU is making a remote appearance from her own home. She says she's a little unsure of being able to get a rapport going with Piston (the program's DJ) in this way. He says that's his line and he's the one that's unsure, which makes HARU laugh.

•Piston then asks HARU if the band has done fan-related online events conducted remotely. She asks if he means ones done via social media (like Instagram Lives), and he says that it doesn't have to include ones where they perform/sing live. She says that they did do some during the lockdowns. He asks her how it felt to basically show your home to the public. She says that it does make her feel a little shy since it's not how fans usually see her, which is on stage during a concert. He asks if "HARUNA of SCANDAL" when on the stage is different from how HARU is normally. She says yes and that it did make her feel a little shy at first, but that side of her is pretty much the only thing she's outwardly shown in the past year. He says that it's kind of hard to tell if that's a good thing or not. She laughs and says that, in a good way, those dual sides to her kind of faded away. He jokingly says for her to show the contents of her refrigerator, and she laughs and says she's afraid not.

•Piston mentions how the promo pictures for "eternal" made him think that the band's showing off their more mature side--it's basically radiating from the pictures. HARU laughs and he says that it surprised him when he thought about how the band started off wearing school uniforms. They also say something about natto--to me, it sounds like HARU misheard what Piston said. I think he said "nattoku" = "to understand," but it seems like HARU misheard and thought he said "natto," which makes her go, "I love natto!" He also thanks HARU for choosing GROOVE LINE to premiere "eternal" on.

•They then talk about "eternal." HARU says that they made this song with their 15th anniversary in mind, and that the word "eternal" kind of gives off a fantasy vibe, but what the band considers "eternal" is living life after knowing that things to do come to an end, whether that's life itself or the life of the band. The message they put into the song is that because things come to an end that you can live your life to the fullest in the present. Piston then mentions the remixed version that will be done by artist/DJ TOWA TEI. HARU says that TOMO has had the chance to DJ often with him, so they decided to ask him to do a remix.

•Next, they talk about the different editions of the single such as the vinyl, CD+t-shirt combo, and cassette tape. Piston seems to be the most surprised about the cassette edition and says that releasing these editions are quite anachronistic. HARU says that since this a milestone year for them, they thought it'd be nice to make it more festive by releasing physical editions such as these. Piston reconfirms with HARU that it's the band's 15th anniversary, which she says yes to, and he says that 15 years ago the more popular music format was MiniDisc. HARU agrees and says that she was part of the MiniDisc generation, but people aren't really listening to that these days. Piston laughs and says that it's the same for cassettes, but HARU says that cassettes are coming back into fashion right now and that she has some cassettes right now. Piston asks what she listens to on cassettes, and she says that she's started to collect cassettes from K-Pop groups since some groups are starting to come out with them now. He mentions that they sell a lot of cassettes at parking areas off expressways in Japan. HARU seems to know about this and goes, "Ones for karaoke, right?" He laughs and says yes, and that she might start adding those kinds of tapes to her collection, which she laughs at.

•After "eternal" is aired, Piston says that the song sounds like it would perfect as background music for a stylish female vlogger's videos to show off a stylish life. HARU laughs and agrees, saying that this song was actually made with the aim of sounding like music that you'd usually listen to everyday such as on the radio or streaming services. Piston says that it sounds a little different from the usual upbeat SCANDAL songs and also asks her about the end lyrics ("Kono shunkan eien ni shite" = "Make this moment last eternally"). He asks her what moment is that that they're singing about, and goes, "That's a difficult question, isn't it?!" HARU laughs and says that the moment is "right now," and then goes, "Well, rather than right now, it's more like the entire time you're alive." Piston also mentions that he's doing his best more than usual for this appearance (since HARU's appearing remotely rather than in person). HARU says that it's going well, and that it's fun that it's like they're talking on the phone. He jokes and says that she can't throw a punch at him since they're not face-to-face. She laughs and says that he's acting nicer than he usually does. He says that fundamentally he pretends to be absurd but is actually very level-headed.

•Next, they talk about SCANDAL's upcoming/current happenings such as the monthly "her Diary" documentaries released on YouTube (he jokingly asks HARU if there are any scenes of them eating natto; HARU laughs and says no), the song popularity contest, the upcoming fan club tour in April, and the upcoming 15th anniversary concert in August. HARU says that she hopes they'll be able to safely hold the fan club tour. Piston thinks that things will be okay to hold the concert in August and reconfirms that this is another important concert to be held at Osaka-Jo Hall. HARU says yes, but it's been a while since they last played there. He goes, "Don't you guys always play in Osaka for commemorative events?" HARU says yes, and that they had played outdoors in Osaka for their 10th anniversary. He says that he can't even imagine what the situation with everything will be like, given that August quite a few months away. He also says that it'll be bad if some things still can't be done normally at that point, so he hopes that everyone does their best with continuing to help stop the spread.

•Piston says that despite the circumstances, SCANDAL's still making sure to put things out for their fans. HARU says that they're very happy they're celebrating their 15th anniversary, and although no one knows how long this pandemic will last, they want to do their best amidst everything going on and do their best to have fun with their fans. Piston says that he thinks they probably feel a sense of loss by not getting to have fun with the fans like they normally do, which HARU very much agrees with and says that they very clearly understand how much they were loved by playing concerts. Piston thinks that what they're feeling will be a basis for what's next for the band. HARU agrees and says that it really touched them deeply that they're where they are right now thanks to the fans. As they close out the segment, Piston says that they'll end it by eating natto on YouTube, and that at the end he'll be punched. HARU laughs and jokes that one day it might come to that, but then says that that won't happen.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"A dazzling light pours down
Like a shower of love"
That's what it says in the teaser video. And notice how in the video the sunlight is reflected on the waves, shimmering. I'm pretty sure the intro and um, "outro" of the song are supposed to represent that, only musically. And gosh, it's just two keyboards and some echo. It's something Rina could set up in 30 seconds at a live show.
So yeah, shimmering sunlight. It's something eternal. Something even cave people, after taking care of food, shelter, and a bit of safety would sit and look out at. So I think it's a really important part of the song. It also sets up the BIG part, the anthem part.
And remember Rina's Instagram of a studio and some chairs, music stands and microphones? Yeah, I bet that was a hint that they'd brought in a real string section. No anthem is complete without them, ha ha.

Last edited by hogradish on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"This moment, any moment is eternal"
"three thousand realms in a single instant"
This isn't the actual lyrics of course, but it seems to have that buddhist tone
With SCANDAL, very often the sonic fills out the lyric 
Or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Last edited by etwee on Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 am

YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hogradish wrote:And notice how in the video the sunlight is reflected on the waves, shimmering. I'm pretty sure the intro and um, "outro" of the song are supposed to represent that, only musically.

Now that you mentioned it, I can picture it out what you mean with the intro and outro. Because of that, now the sound makes sense and doesn't sound weird to me anymore.
Thank you hogradish  scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 1f604

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:18 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
March 3rd is Hinamatsuri, aka Girls Day. An auspicious day. I don't think this is coincidence. Gosh, they think of everything.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:04 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hogradish wrote:March 3rd is Hinamatsuri, aka Girls Day. An auspicious day. I don't think this is coincidence. Gosh, they think of everything.

Even more than that, March 3rd is also the day they released their very first (indie) single "Space Ranger" in 2008. scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 270c

As per SCANDAL's official YouTube community tab and their IG, here's what the physical releases look like:

(L to R: Vinyl, cassette, CD, CD+t-shirt)
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 LXGvjxZ

CD:
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 OOxOcwW

CD+T-Shirt:
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 RYDkZy8
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 Jyp8X3A

Vinyl:
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 XR9gk81

Cassette:
scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 Aun3Pmj

#scandal_eternal

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Any thoughts about MV release? March 3 at 00:00 JST?

scandal_eternal - 25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 4 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.