You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next


Go down

Scandal Cameras at shows
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:33 am


Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm thinking the issue with phones in Toronto might have been the fact the stage is low in relation to fans. So it'd be more noticeable to them. It might be jarring.

As for photos in general... They probably are the most photographed band I've ever seen 😂

I plan on photographing my 6 flight journey to Atlanta. I'm VIP so I will maybe take pictures beforehand. I specifically want ones of there gear cases so I can recreate them. 

I plan to take a few but not tape during the show. I hope to see Haru & Mami up close The Masquerade is tough once you're set in the crowd you don't move. It'll be a different situation at these venues.

Hoping for a good M/G photo & a good vantage point to hear see.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:04 am

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

I hope I won't sound like the annoying one, but here are some info to keep in mind about the setlists/the tour :

• It's well known that they perform less songs overseas. That has always been the case (as far as I know), so that was to be expected. Not that it makes it less frustrating (let's be respectful of people's feelings), but hey, we know the drill. And there was enough data online to search info about their previous tours in order to find out how things should go. That could've helped knowing what to expect and be less frustrated when finding out the overseas setlists.

• The tour has been renamed SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 “MIRROR” around 8 months ago I think ? And the band performed in Japan a dozen of dates before going overseas. I'm sorry to say it this way, but that left plenty of time to realise it was a tour for the latest album and not Kftd.

• For statistics sake, SCANDAL played 21 songs for the whole Japan leg, except for Sendai (20 songs) and Nakano Sun Plaza - Day 2 (22 songs, because they like to add an extra song in the encore for the leg's last gig). Each time, they played only one song from Kftd as a permanent setlist song, and eventually a second one as a rotation only. Toronto got 3 Kftd songs, that with a 3-song shorter setlist. In terms of numbers of classics, it's pretty much at the same level, or a song or two less for the Toronto concert (obvious, considering the setlist is shorter). Please keep in mind that Japanese fans too couldn't see SCANDAL tour for Kftd (I'm speaking about a tour just for the album, not tours like the October 2021 Joint Band Tour), and they got even less Kftd songs on their part of the MIRROR tour, so the fact that only played 3 Kftd songs isn't because we're overseas fans – that's just the choice SCANDAL made after the pandemic wasted their opportunity to tour specifically for Kftd.

• This final point is more in a "Let's take a step back on the negatives and be thankful" attitude, but do not forget that not all Japanese bands tour abroad, lately especially. First of all, Japan is still quite into the "Japan-exclusive" mindset. Secondly, let's remember that SCANDAL had to postpone their world tour twice, to two years later. But they held on to it ! That simple fact personally fulfills my heart with gratitude, because they could've outright cancel it too, yet they didn't. They accepted to take risks and go overseas while live music still hasn't fully recovered, and it's absolutely worth mentioning they didn't cancel the meet and greets. We're not meaningless to them. They haven't forgotten us.

Hopefully I have made my point without sounding disrespectful of anyone's feelings.

Info about the t-shirts for those who couldn't get one at Toronto : they're still available on the ROOFTOP ONLINE STORE. You can use Tenso to order them. It's a forwarding service that gives you their address as well as their phone number in order to have Japanese details to enter when needed. Once they received your package, you just have to select your desired shipping method to receive it. That means you have to pay shipping twice, indeed : ROOFTOP → Tenso, Tenso → You. ROOFTOP → Tenso shipping fees have always been 990 JPY in my case. Hope that'll help to find what you are looking for !

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:19 am


clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
• This final point is more in a "Let's take a step back on the negatives and be thankful" attitude, but do not forget that not all Japanese bands tour abroad, lately especially. First of all, Japan is still quite into the "Japan-exclusive" mindset. Secondly, let's remember that SCANDAL had to postpone their world tour twice, to two years later. But they held on to it ! That simple fact personally fulfills my heart with gratitude, because they could've outright cancel it too, yet they didn't. They accepted to take risks and go overseas while live music still hasn't fully recovered, and it's absolutely worth mentioning they didn't cancel the meet and greets. We're not meaningless to them. They haven't forgotten us.
Well said and 100% agree. It would've been incredibly easy to cancel the whole thing and move on. They stuck to their promise of doing a tour for overseas fans.



Info about the t-shirts for those who couldn't get one at Toronto : they're still available on the ROOFTOP ONLINE STORE. You can use Tenso to order them. It's a forwarding service that gives you their address as well as their phone number in order to have Japanese details to enter when needed.
 Do we know for sure that these are the shirts that will be sold on the US dates?



SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 JlszfXu
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:02 am

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
Someone please correct me if I'm sharing false information, but from what I've understood, there weren't shirts in Toronto because they couldn't be shipped from U.S.A. to Canada, so we can assume it means there will be shirts at the U.S.A. gigs. If there will be enough for the whole tour, that's still unknown "^.^

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:20 am


mampo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Was at the show in Toronto last night and had a great time! It was my first time seeing them live so didn't know what to expect but they put on an awesome show SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 1f604 

The only thing I was super bummed out about was the limited merch quantity and the t-shirts not being able to make it across the border  SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 1f613  Only really been to Western concerts before so was super surprised that the merch went out so quick lol I guess next time I've got to get to the venue even earlier!

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:19 am

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
Hope everyone is enjoying the tour so far!! 

Curious, how was the "VIP experience" ? Tell us all about it!

Once in position, were they okay if people took their mask off strictly for the photo ? Was it more rushed, kind of a good pace or what ? Feel free to share your thoughts and photos on the VIP! Thank youuuuuuu

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:26 am


Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
clem84 wrote:
• This final point is more in a "Let's take a step back on the negatives and be thankful" attitude, but do not forget that not all Japanese bands tour abroad, lately especially. First of all, Japan is still quite into the "Japan-exclusive" mindset. Secondly, let's remember that SCANDAL had to postpone their world tour twice, to two years later. But they held on to it ! That simple fact personally fulfills my heart with gratitude, because they could've outright cancel it too, yet they didn't. They accepted to take risks and go overseas while live music still hasn't fully recovered, and it's absolutely worth mentioning they didn't cancel the meet and greets. We're not meaningless to them. They haven't forgotten us.
Well said and 100% agree. It would've been incredibly easy to cancel the whole thing and move on. They stuck to their promise of doing a tour for overseas fans.



Info about the t-shirts for those who couldn't get one at Toronto : they're still available on the ROOFTOP ONLINE STORE. You can use Tenso to order them. It's a forwarding service that gives you their address as well as their phone number in order to have Japanese details to enter when needed.
 Do we know for sure that these are the shirts that will be sold on the US dates?
Technically they put M/G on hold after the initial offering... The Ticketmaster site for the Masquerade showed no M/G tickets they only reappeared in the Last few months. That why I have an extra GM ticket.

For US fans FromJapan proxy service has deep discounts on KFTD Memorabilia & the full offerings for Mirror as well. I have used them for years. I did order Scandals' Mystery & Mirror tour shirts. & Plan to buy a tour towel at the venue to commemorate that I was at a live show! 

I am thrilled they're coming to the US. This will be my only chance to fulfill a bucket list item. It is unlikely in the current climate to go to Japan to see them. This is an opportunity that any Fan should take advantage of...

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:02 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Super excited for Boston. Saw them a couple years ago in NY and the show didn't disappoint. There's no way Scandal can get all their hits/bangers in one setlist (except for the anniversay festival). I'm soooo pumped for the show. I'll be there with my dobondobondo hat. Say Hi! 
one tidbit regarding setlist:

Also super FOMO as i was going to do both NY and Boston for the meet and greet in NY but my schedule just didn't line up.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:01 am


SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
I can't fathom people being disappointed with the setlist, other than that I probably would expect another song or two. Make it 10-15 minutes longer and throw in, I don't know, I'd probably go for Platform Syndrome and Harukaze myself, and you're sorted. But I know in some places venues are putting stricter limits on how long a show can last, so maybe they kept to a slightly shorter set so they know they can be finished on time. In any case, it's called the Mirror tour; I don't know why anyone would expect them to skip the new material and play some kind of greatest hits set.

Given travel restrictions and costs, and how they're clearly having to use rented amps and don't seem to even have been able to get an acoustic on hand for Ivory, I think that's a surprisingly well-rounded set. That they've got Kanojo wa Wave in there, which must surely require front of house to turn the mix upside down just for one song, demonstrates a level of effort and commitment that most bands wouldn't bother with on such a complicated and restricted tour cycle.

Sucks about the merch being cut down, but also understandable. At the moment I'm surprised whenever anyone is able to tour with more than one mic and an acoustic.


Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:10 am

LoveSurvivor305

LoveSurvivor305

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I see that "let's just be grateful for anything" is the theme of this thread and I'm not sure if there's a point in talking you out of it. I'm just saying that wanting more would not be unreasonable at all (perhaps more reasonable that being fine with what you got in this case). Ever since I became a fan of theirs I've been noticing examples of how this band often doesn't quite give back enough of the love they receive.

That "they've done this before" is not an acceptable excuse for anything, if it never made sense in the first place. They've proven that they can easily play over 20 songs, so they FRIGGIN' SHOULD. (And then maybe they wouldn't have to completely ignore 40% of their discography, which is absolutely ridiculous!) Yes, the've always played shorter shows overseas. No, there's never been a logical reason for it (not even now, as there are no signs of venues having restrictions for the lenght of shows, just the capacity). People have waited for them for years, so they deserve more, not less than the Japanese. End of story.

Also to the people saying that they're super happy with the "setlist for the hardcore fans" (definitely wouldn't call it that, but ok): You megahardcores probably represent less than a tenth of the audience, keep that in mind. I for example absolutely adore KFTD and would love to hear the thing played in entirety. But most people wouldn't! I do feel for those who have been holding on to their tickets for a couple of years and they (much like me) consider KFTD far superior to MIRROR. Hard luck.

It's great that they're finally touring abroad, but let's not act like they're doing their best at it. Somebody here mentioned that at least they're "not phoning it in". Are you sure about that? Isn't playing an overly short set full of new stuff and a couple of songs they've played a million times before (despite boasting extensive and high quality back-catalogue) the very definition of "phoning it in"? They can do much more for their international fans, but for some reason they can't be bothered (and that, as I've already mentioned, does not apply for this tour only). If you either can't see that or you don't give a damn, good for you. But shame on them.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:21 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Was there a place to drop off gifts?
For those wondering about the photo opportunity, please see wildthing_san on Instagram. He's been there, done that.
Also, Sony Hall has a special sound system developed by Sony and d&b audiotechnik that can eliminate echo, or do 360 sound, or make the hall sound like any size room you want. So it should sound pretty good.



Last edited by hogradish on Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)



Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:35 pm

NannerBeans

NannerBeans

Caless Student
Caless Student
JR_Grimes wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying the tour so far!! 

Curious, how was the "VIP experience" ? Tell us all about it!

Once in position, were they okay if people took their mask off strictly for the photo ? Was it more rushed, kind of a good pace or what ? Feel free to share your thoughts and photos on the VIP! Thank youuuuuuu

We were allowed to take our masks off for the photo. Everyone in line needed masks. It wasn't really rushed but I was also one of the first up. You have enough time to say a couple of words and then get in position for the photo. In Toronto they had a chair you sat in in front of the band.





clem84 wrote:
• This final point is more in a "Let's take a step back on the negatives and be thankful" attitude, but do not forget that not all Japanese bands tour abroad, lately especially. First of all, Japan is still quite into the "Japan-exclusive" mindset. Secondly, let's remember that SCANDAL had to postpone their world tour twice, to two years later. But they held on to it ! That simple fact personally fulfills my heart with gratitude, because they could've outright cancel it too, yet they didn't. They accepted to take risks and go overseas while live music still hasn't fully recovered, and it's absolutely worth mentioning they didn't cancel the meet and greets. We're not meaningless to them. They haven't forgotten us.
Well said and 100% agree. It would've been incredibly easy to cancel the whole thing and move on. They stuck to their promise of doing a tour for overseas fans.



Info about the t-shirts for those who couldn't get one at Toronto : they're still available on the ROOFTOP ONLINE STORE. You can use Tenso to order them. It's a forwarding service that gives you their address as well as their phone number in order to have Japanese details to enter when needed.
 Do we know for sure that these are the shirts that will be sold on the US dates?

Guy selling merch said there will be t-shirts at US dates but he wasn't sure if they will be at all of them.



HELLO WORLD TOUR
Los Angeles: May 22nd, 2015                          
Anaheim: May 23rd, 2015
US & MEXICO SPECIAL THANKS TOUR                         
Anaheim: Sep 9th, 2018
Dallas: Sep 16th, 2018
MIRROR World Tour 2022
Toronto: Jul 9th, 2022
New York: Jul 11th, 2022 


Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:57 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hogradish wrote:Was there a place to drop off gifts?

They didn't have one in Toronto, or at least I didn't see any. It's probably like this for the whole tour due to the pandemic.



SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta - Chicago - Anaheim - Dallas - Berlin - London - Paris
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:10 pm

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
LoveSurvivor305 wrote:I see that "let's just be grateful for anything" is the theme of this thread and I'm not sure if there's a point in talking you out of it. I'm just saying that wanting more would not be unreasonable at all (perhaps more reasonable that being fine with what you got in this case). Ever since I became a fan of theirs I've been noticing examples of how this band often doesn't quite give back enough of the love they receive.

That "they've done this before" is not an acceptable excuse for anything, if it never made sense in the first place. They've proven that they can easily play over 20 songs, so they FRIGGIN' SHOULD. (And then maybe they wouldn't have to completely ignore 40% of their discography, which is absolutely ridiculous!) Yes, the've always played shorter shows overseas. No, there's never been a logical reason for it (not even now, as there are no signs of venues having restrictions for the lenght of shows, just the capacity). People have waited for them for years, so they deserve more, not less than the Japanese. End of story.

Also to the people saying that they're super happy with the "setlist for the hardcore fans" (definitely wouldn't call it that, but ok): You megahardcores probably represent less than a tenth of the audience, keep that in mind. I for example absolutely adore KFTD and would love to hear the thing played in entirety. But most people wouldn't! I do feel for those who have been holding on to their tickets for a couple of years and they (much like me) consider KFTD far superior to MIRROR. Hard luck.

It's great that they're finally touring abroad, but let's not act like they're doing their best at it. Somebody here mentioned that at least they're "not phoning it in". Are you sure about that? Isn't playing an overly short set full of new stuff and a couple of songs they've played a million times before (despite boasting extensive and high quality back-catalogue) the very definition of "phoning it in"? They can do much more for their international fans, but for some reason they can't be bothered (and that, as I've already mentioned, does not apply for this tour only). If you either can't see that or you don't give a damn, good for you. But shame on them.
Listen, with all due respect for the fact that your opinion matters as much as anyone's here because it's all subjective, you're being overly negative and that's getting rather annoying. You're very sarcastic and aggressive towards the band while you obviously don't seem to know anything about what being a musician means, you don't know what being on stage means and the feelings it gives, so daring to say they can't be bothered with it is rude and disrespectful as hell : you're literally reducing them to money machines who don't care about their fans and you disregard their feelings as human beings and their experience as musicians. But you also most likely didn't even bother noticing that they brought less gear abroad than usual, so you also probably don't know the choices they had to face, you don't know what conditions the overseas venues they'll tour in gave, so you therefore don't know if there's an explanation to shorter gigs ; you don't know, but all you do is complaining, there's literally not a single positive thing you have to say even if you didn't attend the Toronto gig, except that you loved Kftd… And that's it. I'm actually surprised you even said something positive actually.

You said the setlist made no sense, but that's not even an opinion, that's just wrong. It is ! Let me explain : 15 out of the 18 songs they played in Toronto are the same than the ones they played in Japan. It totally makes sense. And since you're complaining about setlists being shorter, why did SCANDAL play 20 songs at Sendai and not 21 like the other Japanese cities ? That's so unfair, does that mean Sendai is an inferior city ? They're so rude, they can't be bothered with their Sendai fans, ew ! And why did Nakano get 22 songs instead of 21 like the rest of the tour ? Is the last gig superior to all the gigs of the tour ? That's so unfair T_T ! Again, you're complaining about there being few Kftd songs, but they played more Kftd in Toronto than they ever did for the MIRROR tour in Japan ! And of course don't even try complaining about it only being 3 songs instead of 1, since apparently these little numbers matter so much to you 🙃.

I mean, come on, you're complaining for like 12 minutes less worth of music, and you didn't even attend the gig ? A band you love tours abroad, you don't go seem them, and all you're gonna do is whining ? And while we're at it, do you even love the band anymore ? Every single post I saw from you on this forum which is filled with casual to huge SCANDAL fans is just roasting them. If you're so disappointed with them lately, why don't you just move on and stop following them for, at least the MIRROR era ? Not because the band doesn't meet your own expectations that you have to keep roasting them until they do what you'd like them to instead of accepting it as it is and moving on and waiting for the next time they'll do something that you might like. By the way, friendly reminder that including many people in your opinion means you are most likely egomaniac and closed-minded. But believe me, it's possible to change on that point, because I myself used to be like that too a few years ago when I thought Metal was the superior genre and everyone should agree with it (which is stupid). So it's possible to change.

In other words, if you're sooo disappointed with the band, stick to what you like and stop being so negative. You can't complain about not liking, I don't know, bananas for instance, but still eat bananas and say "Why are bananas always like that ?", because the bananas aren't going to change just because you dislike them. You eat bananas, so you accept bananas as they are. If you don't, stop eating bananas. That's as simple as this. In the case of SCANDAL, I'm not talking about opinions which are all valid because again, it's subjective : for instance I respect your opinion on the merch, even if calling it "the absolute worst" is super rude, but fine, I get your point, you don't like it. Anyway – here, I'm talking about accepting what a band does and how they just are, as people. This is not something you're going to change yourself, not matter how much you complain. So if you don't like them for acting as such, you don't have much to do but walking away. If you don't want to, that means you're accepting it so you have to respect it. "End of story", to quote you.



Last edited by Electric Mami on Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:18 pm

NannerBeans

NannerBeans

Caless Student
Caless Student
Electric Mami wrote:Listen, with all due respect on the fact that your opinion matters as much as anyone's here because it's all subjective, you're being overly negative and that's getting rather annoying. You're very sarcastic and aggressive towards the band while you obviously don't seem to know anything about what being a musician means, you don't know what being on stage means and the feelings it gives, So daring to say they can't be bothered with it is rude and disrespectful as hell, you're literally reducting them to money machines who don't care about their fans and disregarding their feelings as human beings. But you also most likely didn't even bother noticing that they brought less gear abroad than usual, so you also probably don't know the choices they had to face, you don't know what conditions the overseas venues they'll tour in gave, so you therefore don't know if there's an explanation to shorter gigs ; you don't know, but all you do is complaining, there's literally not a single positive thing you have to say even if you didn't attend the Toronto gig, except that you loved Kftd… And that's it. I'm actually surprised you even said something positive lol.

And since you're complaining about setlists being shorter, why did SCANDAL play 20 songs at Sendai and not 21 like the other cities ? That's so unfair, does that mean Sendai is an inferior city ? They're so rude, they can't be bothered with their Sendai fans, ew ! And why did Nakano get 22 songs instead of 21 like the rest of the tour ? Is the last gig superior to all the gigs of the tour ? That's so unfair T_T ! Again, you're complaining about there being few Kftd songs, but they played more Kftd in Toronto than they ever did for the MIRROR tour in Japan ! And of course don't even try complaining about it only being 3 songs instead of 1, since apparently these little numbers matter so much to you 🙃.

I mean, come on, you're complaining for like less for like 12 minutes less worth of music, and you didn't even attend the gig ? A band you love tours abroad, and all you're gonna do is whining ? And while we're at it, do you even love the band anymore ? Every single post I saw from you on this forum which is filled with casual to huge SCANDAL fans is just roasting them. If you're so disappointed with them lately, why don't you just move on and stop following them for, at least the MIRROR era ? Not because the band doesn't mean your expectations that you have to keep roasting them until they do what you'd like to (by the way, friendly reminder that including many people in your opinion means you are most likely egomaniac, but believe me, it's possible to change on that point, because I used to be like that too) instead of accepting it as it is and moving on and waiting for the next time they'll do something that you might like.

In other words, if you're sooo disappointed with the band, stick to what you like and stop being so negative. You can't bother about not liking, I don't know, bananas but still eating bananas and saying "Why are bananas always like that ?", because the banana isn't going to change just because you dislike it. You eat banana, so you accept banana as it is. If you don't, walk away. That's as simple as it is. And I'm not talking about opinions which are all valid because again, it's subjective, I'm talking about accepting what a band does and how they act. That's just SCANDAL, that's how they are, you can't change it yourself. So if you don't like them for acting as such, you don't have much to do but walking away. If you don't want to, that means you accept it so you have to respect it, "end of story", to quote you.

I think you said it better than I ever could. Was very bothered that he decided to come in here complaining when we're all super excited to attend and many of us go out of our way to. I didn't think the Toronto concert was any worse than their previous tours and having assigned seating guaranteed a close view for those that follow the band closely and purchased right when they go in sale.





Looks like the email from Sony Hall says the concert tonight is at 8pm. I assume that is door open time. No word on m&g time but I'll probably get there at 5pm to be safe.



HELLO WORLD TOUR
Los Angeles: May 22nd, 2015                          
Anaheim: May 23rd, 2015
US & MEXICO SPECIAL THANKS TOUR                         
Anaheim: Sep 9th, 2018
Dallas: Sep 16th, 2018
MIRROR World Tour 2022
Toronto: Jul 9th, 2022
New York: Jul 11th, 2022 


Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:23 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
LoveSurvivor305 wrote:I see that "let's just be grateful for anything" is the theme of this thread and I'm not sure if there's a point in talking you out of it. I'm just saying that wanting more would not be unreasonable at all (perhaps more reasonable that being fine with what you got in this case). Ever since I became a fan of theirs I've been noticing examples of how this band often doesn't quite give back enough of the love they receive.

That "they've done this before" is not an acceptable excuse for anything, if it never made sense in the first place. They've proven that they can easily play over 20 songs, so they FRIGGIN' SHOULD. (And then maybe they wouldn't have to completely ignore 40% of their discography, which is absolutely ridiculous!) Yes, the've always played shorter shows overseas. No, there's never been a logical reason for it (not even now, as there are no signs of venues having restrictions for the lenght of shows, just the capacity). People have waited for them for years, so they deserve more, not less than the Japanese. End of story.

Also to the people saying that they're super happy with the "setlist for the hardcore fans" (definitely wouldn't call it that, but ok): You megahardcores probably represent less than a tenth of the audience, keep that in mind. I for example absolutely adore KFTD and would love to hear the thing played in entirety. But most people wouldn't! I do feel for those who have been holding on to their tickets for a couple of years and they (much like me) consider KFTD far superior to MIRROR. Hard luck.

It's great that they're finally touring abroad, but let's not act like they're doing their best at it. Somebody here mentioned that at least they're "not phoning it in". Are you sure about that? Isn't playing an overly short set full of new stuff and a couple of songs they've played a million times before (despite boasting extensive and high quality back-catalogue) the very definition of "phoning it in"? They can do much more for their international fans, but for some reason they can't be bothered (and that, as I've already mentioned, does not apply for this tour only). If you either can't see that or you don't give a damn, good for you. But shame on them.
Just return your ticket if you don't like what they do. What's the problem?



SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:48 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well just for comparison the Rolling Stones are now in their 70's and they usually play 19 songs in their concerts Happy



SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:51 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Okay, everyone, let's get things back on track to the tour itself.





The band just tweeted the merch list, which includes the "one more time" hoodie in black, MIRROR shirts, and a "SHE IS A WAVE" shirt in purple (different from the original Japan one, which came in teal).

It also says that the M&G will be after the show.



SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta - Chicago - Anaheim - Dallas - Berlin - London - Paris
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:59 pm

streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wait... Did they announce the new shows less than a week before the performance? Or did I get it wrong

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:15 pm

NannerBeans

NannerBeans

Caless Student
Caless Student
streame wrote:Wait... Did they announce the new shows less than a week before the performance? Or did I get it wrong

They did expand the tour after the most recent reschedule. The current dates have been the same since.



HELLO WORLD TOUR
Los Angeles: May 22nd, 2015                          
Anaheim: May 23rd, 2015
US & MEXICO SPECIAL THANKS TOUR                         
Anaheim: Sep 9th, 2018
Dallas: Sep 16th, 2018
MIRROR World Tour 2022
Toronto: Jul 9th, 2022
New York: Jul 11th, 2022 


Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:41 pm

ciberseba

ciberseba

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello! I'm in NY just waiting the show! I was wondering about the M&G, it will be post show? So arriving to venue like at 5 it's fine, right?

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:47 pm

streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
NannerBeans wrote:
streame wrote:Wait... Did they announce the new shows less than a week before the performance? Or did I get it wrong

They did expand the tour after the most recent reschedule. The current dates have been the same since.

Ok, thanks, the "new" captions on the website misled me xD


As for the length of the concert.... You should know that there is also logistics and other factors involved. And personally, I don't really get the way too long shows as I get tired too. 16 songs sounds reasonable for me personally and I'd be happy with it.

But I can also remember some shows that totally disappointed me: for example, when WASP and Babymetal played like 9-10 songs and I wondered if I really payed for the full show lol
On the other hand, 3.5 hrs show like latest Guns'n'Roses is also too much for me.
That's some subjective shit

But please keep in mind that it's not because of the "laziness", "prejudice" and stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm

NannerBeans

NannerBeans

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am heading to the venue now. Will likely be pretty early but looking forward to meeting all of you there!



HELLO WORLD TOUR
Los Angeles: May 22nd, 2015                          
Anaheim: May 23rd, 2015
US & MEXICO SPECIAL THANKS TOUR                         
Anaheim: Sep 9th, 2018
Dallas: Sep 16th, 2018
MIRROR World Tour 2022
Toronto: Jul 9th, 2022
New York: Jul 11th, 2022 


Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:06 pm

ciberseba

ciberseba

Caless Student
Caless Student
Me too! Going to the venue now!

Back to top Go down

Atlanta VIP tixs no longer on site..
Posted Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:05 am


Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
Looks like the VIP packages went off of Ticketmaster site for Atlanta. Good news 

Word is getting around the Anime community in Atlanta about the show. I gave my extra GM ticket to a Reporter who's going to cover the show! 

Anyone know what the cap # for the M/G is? (Usually it's 100) Hopefully there'll be a rush on tickets & it fills up! Can't wait to see them in person. Grin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2022 SCANDAL HEAVEN.