thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL's Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto Lyrics Essays

#1 - MAMI's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essay

UtaNet - SCANDAL's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essays F46-MUilas-AA6k-TT

I don't know what life has in store for me - I can't die yet

On Oct. 4, 2023, SCANDAL will release their new single Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto (We're Always in the Highlights)! The title track, "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto," features lyrics and music by MAMI. It includes the band's wish that the moments spent with their listeners will be the highlights of their lives, past and future, and their determination to carry both their past and future on their shoulders as a band that has been going for 17 years. Additionally, the B-side track is a new song called "CANDY," with lyrics and music by TOMOMI.

A lyrics essay by SCANDAL will be posted for two consecutive weeks! This is the first one, written by MAMI. She revealed her thoughts on the title track "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto." Please enjoy this essay along with the song.

On August 21 of this year, we as SCANDAL celebrated our 17th anniversary, and also set the Guinness World Record for the "Longest-running rock band with the same musicians (female)."

We had been joking and talking about setting this record for several years prior, but now it's become a reality. I never thought that I would be a Guinness World Record holder, so it's been a bit of a surprise, but I'm grateful every day to everyone who's been a part of everything and to all the fans who have supported us.

In the midst of taking on this challenge, we contracted COVID on our North American tour last year and had to cancel performances on the tour, and recuperate at a hotel overseas. That was the first time in my life that I seriously thought, "I don't know what life has in store for me - I can't die yet."

After that incident, we learned how we feel about our activities; what kind of determination we have when we play music; and our resolve for the past 17 years, which were not smooth sailing by any means. We then wrote "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto," a song that celebrates the past 17 years and our determination for the future, accepting once again that every moment and every event has certainly been a highlight of the band SCANDAL.

There are many things in life that are painful, hard, and infuriating, but these are emotions that you can only feel when you're alive. Every event, including things that make you happy or joyful, is the highlight of each person's life until the end of their life, and I hope that everyone listens to this work thinking so.

There are all sorts of protagonists in dramas, movies, anime, and manga. That one certain scene that makes you go, "If it wasn't for that scene, no matter if it was for bad or good, the plot wouldn't be what it is now!" is what I think we're in the middle of experiencing (by thinking like this, I can calm down a little even if I'm furious, haha).

It's rare to not have a single thing happen to you until you die, so no matter what happens, let's live each day as if it's a highlight!

*The lyrics to "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" can be found here:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t16345-highlight-no-naka-de-bokura-zutto-lyrics

If you enjoy my translations, please consider leaving a tip! Happy

UtaNet - SCANDAL's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essays FdtTi4P

https://www.uta-net.com/user/writer/todaysong.html?id=12329

#front-page #highlight

UtaNet - SCANDAL's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essays 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL's Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto Lyrics Essays

#2 - TOMOMI's "CANDY" Lyrics Essay

UtaNet - SCANDAL's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essays Tomo3

Don't live like you're all alone.

On Oct. 4, 2023, SCANDAL released their new single Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto (We're Always in the Highlights)! The title track, "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto." features lyrics and music by MAMI. It includes the band's wish that the moments spent with their listeners will be the highlights of their lives, past and future, and their determination to carry both their past and future on their shoulders as a band that has been going for 17 years. Additionally, the B-side track is a new song called "CANDY," with lyrics and music by TOMOMI.

A lyrics essay by SCANDAL will be posted for two consecutive weeks! This is the second one, written by TOMOMI, in which she talks about the B-side song "CANDY." What feelings for her three precious bandmates did she put into this song? Please enjoy this essay along with the song.

My band doesn't closely scrutinize individual work.
When the four of us are together, we might discuss a single matter for a long time, but when it comes to individual activities, all expression is left up to that person.
The same goes for this essay.
So I'll only say this here.

I wrote this song for my three precious bandmates.

We've been together for an awfully long time.
That's why I can understand almost everything even if nothing's said.

I know when they're being too kind, when they're discouraged, when they're being timid and locking away true feelings, and when their hearts are getting weary.

But I don't say anything.
They each have their own way of getting over things at their own pace.

It's not that they're shy about talking about things like that head-on (no, there's a little bit of that, too), but each of them have such strong wills that can't be broken even with Mjölnir, and in the end there's often no other option but to solve the problem on their own.

I'm actually very worried.
For 17 years, I've been by their sides through good times and bad.
I want to tell the three of them who are trying their best to hide the small, deep wounds in the corners of their hearts, that they don't have to live like they're all alone.

Please keep this a secret.

<SCANDAL・TOMOMI>

UtaNet - SCANDAL's "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto" Lyrics Essays 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Dear Tomomi,
I promise to keep your secret, because you're such a good kid. It won't be easy though, as I know very few people who can't read, lol.
You know the "stranger on the train" effect, right? People will share the most intimate things with complete strangers, but after getting to know the person a bit, they'll clam up. I'm not sure why that is, but I know what Tomomi's talking about. I don't know why that happens. Something new to Google I guess.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
It sometimes easier to talk to a stranger, than burden your family and love ones with your problems.  That what in back of people minds.  Like Tomomi, we can let people that we love, know we are there for them.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.