Re: SCANDAL's Religion? Does anyone know?
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 4:38 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Japan is a Buddhist country for the most part, it would surprise me if they were anything else.

It would also surprise me if they're really all that religious at all, though, because Japan is also not a very pious country except when it comes to certain major life events (like funerals). And I've never seen them talk or sing about religion, as you often do with American bands.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Please go here for any discussions regarding SCANDAL & religion:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t1902-scandal-s-religion-does-anyone-know?
I'll lock and move this thread soon.

Edit: Thread movement has been made! Any talk about religion and the band should remain here.

Last edited by Lexian on Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 4:37 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
for me they were all christian, look at the way they prayed before the each concert and the cross that they use is not the one with the statue of god.

if the cross is just only for style, then they can wear it on every concert

went my friend see them in HK on the video, my friend said that they were still instructed (its like they don't know what to do, Mami is like only want the pig to be cut)

Tomo also wear the cross symbol on her neck on ano hito SCANDAL when they had the performance of rock'n roll widow

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Hiei

Hiei

International Performer
International Performer
reine0314 wrote:i was just curious about this line in their song Appletachi no Dengon ---> "Tooimukashi ochita adamu to ibu no ringo wa Jukusareteku tabi amai mitsu to himitsu no doku wo masu" and the english translation of that line is
"Adam and Eve's apple that fell long ago Each time it ripens, the sweet nectar and secret poison increase"
the writer of that song is TOMOMI & yuichi..
so.. i was thinking about.. how would they know adam & eve(in the bible of christians) .hmmm.
i am a christian and i think.. they wont know adam and eve if they arent a christian or reading bible..well..it was just my opinion..
i was just curious here..

they will know, that's normal, Christianity is the biggest of all religion.
St. Francis Xavier visited Japan even to introduce and spread the said religion.

The story of Eve and Adam would be an old story told over and over again, why do you think so?
Because the argument on where did life generated had been a hot topic for the old days,
Evolutionists would tell you about the survival of the fittest, organic soup theory, quantum-leap theory and mutation,
to which they would ask: "if there's god, why would he permit suffering?", so as, they would even ask for a physical evidence, and that everything i a product of chance.
Whereas, the Church would go onto the idea of having a powerful creator- which is said to have organized everything including the system of the universe, complexity of life, miracle of the eyes and the brain, and the genetic code pre-programmed.
They would oppose the idea that god don't exist by saying: " If you place an empty box inside a closet, then open the said box later, would you believe that a pair of shoes would appear there by chance?", in relation to the world, they would continue to ask: "would you believe that the world in its complex system just appeared by chance without someone directing it".--- stuffs like that had been a hot issue.

@ Topic, i think it's Shintoism, after all that's the most dominant religion in japan.
Buddhism was introduced in japan by Boddidharma if i wasn't mistaken, then the religion was called Zen Buddhism, bu even before that Shintoism already existed, Buddha is for Buddhism, Amaterasu-O-mi-kami is for shintoism i think.
Now, i believe japanese ffamilies were that of the nuclear type, thereby, the preference for religion might be affected by the older member of their houses, and speaking of older members, they've got to be shintoists for buddhism as i mentioned was introduced after shintoism.

In the morning, let the sun give you enough warmth which my love fails to do. And at noon, let the wind carry my felicitations and bring it to you. With louder sounds, bury it more, until only our hearts can hear that song which plays only between the two of us. If possible, make the night darker until our emotions are radiant enough to be seen. 

This clock which ticks differently on the two of us, hasten its pace so that our paths may converge in the future. This clock which fills me with sorrow as it reminds of how impossible it is for me to even see you, hasten its pace so that my sorrows would be drowned. Let me sleep therefore, so that I could prepare for tomorrow, as I did today, in making these thoughts and aspirations materialize. So let me sleep then, so that your presence would give me hints in accomplishing these goals.

QUEENS DON'T REACH THE TOP JUST BY BEING CUTE
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:34 pm

flirtypink

flirtypink

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think their not Christians.. they would not wear a rosary for fun if they know that its a holy rosary for the Christians.

well I still love their Music. ^_^

“Nine people who are very different from each others, have now become one.” - Choi Sooyoung (Golden Disk Award, 10th Dec 2010)
Tantrum Onion ~OT9~ Tantrum Onion
@~IndeSTRUCtible~@
Back to top Go down