Go down

GACHARIC SPIN [Page 1 of 1]

GACHARIC SPIN
Posted Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Raizer

Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Gacharic Spin is an all-female japanese band formed by F Chopper Koga, who's the bassist of the former punk band Pink Panda (which is now called Blistar) she left Pink Panda because she said the band is starting to have a more pop feel.

Anyway Gacharic Spin consists of:
F Chopper Koga - Bass
Armmy - Vocals
Tomo-Zo - Guitar
Hana - Drums

They'll be playing on Anime Matsuri this March 19, here check out they're music, the first 2 are from their instructional dvds, hope you enjoy it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Re: GACHARIC SPIN
Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:38 am

Onyx

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
Gacharic Spin's website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A thread on jphip with info and photos: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An interview with Gacharic Spin: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gacharic Spin's youtube channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Facebook page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the third instructional DVD: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the guitar TOMO-ZO uses: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 am

MajideZim

MajideZim

Caless Student
Caless Student
They're pretty good :D I don't really like the lead vocalist though, but the others have amazing skills

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ai-Chan will forever be NUMBER 1~!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:38 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I like them !
I remember F Chopper Koga from 'Pink Panda', yet another good female bass player, it is funny how many Japanese girls play bass guitar, not many girls want to in England.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Raizer

Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
tonymiller wrote:I like them !
I remember F Chopper Koga from 'Pink Panda', yet another good female bass player, it is funny how many Japanese girls play bass guitar, not many girls want to in England.

Glad that you also listen to Pink Panda!
its sad that they had disbanded though

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:24 pm

TOTAE

TOTAE

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
awesome band.

Koga , her bass very cool

Sawasdee Tomomi

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 am

quacky

quacky

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like this band especially Hana and Koga!

Koga so cute, lol i adore her bass skills muchhhhhhhhh! And i really like her the way she moves on stage yet she is a girl. She always loves to talk, talk, talk, talk.

Hana, i found her old band i just forgot the name where she is the bassist and vocal too with her other boy members its a really pop genre band wayback. And she looks pretty young there. And now she is Dr. Hana haha, lol she knows a lot of instrument, I salute her..

Im excited with their upcoming movie DEAD BANGING :)lol..... its cool..with the zombie thing

Last edited by quacky on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 am

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I've started to listen to them just 2 weeks ago even if I knew them for several months. They're great musicians. Koga is an awesome bass player !!! the way she moves and plays.

she's the boss Nice one 

Hana is the first member who caught my attention.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:27 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love Gacharic Spin! I found them a couple of months ago and I can never look back. They're crazy talented and energetic as well. Hana was also the one who caught my attention first Happy I guess I have a thing for people with blue hair XD Wish more of their lives are accessible through broadcast though~

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I love them. Extraordinary musicians and fun personalities. I'm also an even bigger fan of the DOLL$BOXX project.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They're really awesome and talented, a bit underrated though. The way Hana sings and plays drums leaves me in awe~ o.o

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:22 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Just learned that they have a new album out called WINNER O___o

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am

Onyx

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
This is no longer accurate:
F Chopper Koga - Bass
Armmy - Vocals
Tomo-Zo - Guitar
Hana - Drums

Armmy left, and the band now consists of:

F Chopper KOGA - bass
TOMO-ZO - guitar
Hana - drums/vocals
Oreo Reona - keyboards/vocals
Mai - dancer
Arisa - dancer

Reona, like TOMO-ZO, was formerly in Eu*Phoria.

They sure have come a ways... I just got the Delicious Live DVD which they released in October, and it's pretty awesome. Heartily recommended to any fan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:35 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The new album is really good  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:58 am

GS are totally amazing players. I love their stuff.

Question , have they ever done shows with Scandal ??????

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:49 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Until now, they didn't performed with Scandal. Scandal did several with Miwa, Keiko Terada, ... but not Gacharic Spin. But it could be nice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:53 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Just learned GACHARIC SPIN had toured China and did a gig in Hong Kong! I missed another good show!

They are pretty awesome! Seems this kind of a band form factor from Japan only.
And that's why I found Japanese music is more interesting.
Btw, I think Scandal had considered to tour China somehow as well but never happened.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I discovered them very recently. My favorite songs from them are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Their setup is pretty unusual with the drummer and keyboardist being the main vocalists and two members being dancers, are there any other groups like this who are "different" than the norm?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:07 am

PAulfromAustralia

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
I wish Gacharic management would get more live quality clips up on Vimeo , You Tube  or Dailymotion. All the great stuff with Arrmy is gone too, which is a real shame.

They seem to take stuff off, thereby reducing their reach to new fans OS , which is why they are so far behind Scandal and Babymetal. Negoto also has removed their best live stuff as well. Wake up guys , Scandal and Babymetal have streaked ahead of you , despite Negoto and GC having amazingly good technique players...... but I love  all those bands , its just that some are more easy to follow with more stuff up there. 

I am a live type guy , if they can't cut it on stage forget it.

Last edited by PAulfromAustralia on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellling)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:37 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A really great side-project for the band is Dolls Box. They teamed up with the lead singer from the band Lightbringer. It was an awesome collaboration.

And, as a sadder side-note, the original lead singer (Armmy) for Gacha-pin passed away in November. I haven't found anything that says what happened, whether it was illness or accident.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:17 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gacharic Spin is definitely an interesting and energetic band to see live. I've known about them for a while but I've only casually listened to them. When the J-pop Summit Festival announced that Gacharic Spin wound be performing at the 2015 festival, I thought it would be cool to go and see them~

They definitely didn't disappoint with their performance.  .clap.

The girls were energetic right from the introduction they did and their energy never faltered once. Many artists at the festival failed at getting the crowd really going but Gacharic Spin had no trouble at all getting the crowd to follow along with them. They definitely have a strong stage personality.

I think that Reona and Koga have the strongest personalities on stage. They seemed to really control the attention on the stage. I thought Hana would be the most commanding since everyone always talks about her but I actually thought that she was one of the least powerful members on stage. ^.^" Reona is amazing on stage. I vividly remember the moments during their show where Reona actually climbed onto her keyboard. c:

If Gacharic Spin is performing somewhere near you, I'd say to definitely go. They're an interesting band and their shows are very energetic. It's a really fun time to watch these girls perform live.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet the girls. Sad Kinokuniya is, to put it nicely, horrible. I had bought Gacharic Spin's album the first day when they weren't giving out tickets to their meet and greet, so I settled with a ticket for Little Glee Monster instead. The second day, I didn't buy anything for the girls because I already had the merchandise and tried to get a ticket to meet them. Kino wouldn't give me and many others a ticket because we had bought the merchandise yesterday and not today. *sigh* Kino really screwed a lot of us out of meeting Gacharic Spin. :c

Switching points... I actually hadn't known that TOMO-Z and Reona were in Eu-Phoria. I'm actually fond of the few songs that Eu-Phoria released before disbanding. Also knowing that Koga was previously in Pink Panda was something I didn't know.

Given that three of their members were part of bands I'm already fond of, it doesn't surprise me that I do like Gacharic Spin's music. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:39 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
saldiven wrote:A really great side-project for the band is Dolls Box. They teamed up with the lead singer from the band Lightbringer. It was an awesome collaboration.

And, as a sadder side-note, the original lead singer (Armmy) for Gacha-pin passed away in November. I haven't found anything that says what happened, whether it was illness or accident.
DOLL$BOXX was an amazing collab! I wish they released new music... I've been waiting since 2012 lol Fuki and Hana's voices are really good together, so it's a shame nothing more came of it.

Armmy passed away!?!?!?!  .shy.

Ugh that sucks, I didn't even know she came back into the music scene until I just looked her up. That's really sad... the TAKAEITA One-man live became the TAKAE mourning live. RIP Ashitomi Takae

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:58 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gacharic Spin's latest single is great!
Not to mention Doll$boxx' new EP which I just got yesterday.

.smile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:40 am

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
ok its time to revive this thread.

BECAUSE GS JUST DROPPED A BANGER TODAY.

i have always thought that this group consisted of extremely hard working and talented individuals. i dug their stuff when Armmy was with them (RIP she was amazing). after she left, their stuff was just ok. i mean, the doll$boxx project had potential. but there was just something missing... or not right. like they didnt have their sound yet. their vibe. their direction. 

the song that came out before today "mindset", i was pleasantly surprised. angelina on lead vocal... a whole lotta yes IMO. she can sing, she has charisma, and she worked the camera in that first video. the song itself was different and new and it felt a bit like a "coming of age" track saying "this is where we are going with this... just wait"

today "I wish I" came out. i have a 1.5hour commute home and it was on repeat the whole way. i waited. i wasnt disappointed. THIS is what (i feel like) they have been wanting to do!!! Hana (my fav member) with the screamo again but this time it doesnt sound like a novelty. Tomo-Zo's solo wasn't a display of her amazing guitar playing ability, but a mature, well thought out progression of expression that fit the vibe of the song like a glove. Oreo (creeps me out tbh) put out fast arpeggios and then pulled them back, didnt over shine, but didnt fade into the darkness either. one hell of a keyboardist! Koga-san... she's actually always been pretty amazing to me. back to Hana (because fav) on guitar now, and with her own lead parts. did i mention the vocals? the layering. angelina's expressiveness. Hana's back up vocals (not necessarily just doing harmonies). Oreo's vocals really shook me (even though she creeps me out - i think i mentioned that already). im assuming thats levin on the kit. i wonder if this is her drumming, or she is playing what yuri wrote for the band. well whoever is drumming... hell yes. not that Hana wasn't as good. because i really liked her as a drummer. but she fits real well as a guitarist and her vocals can shine more in that position. and who wrote this song? its like 7 songs in one lol. 

but no, seriously. wow. this band. this band just slaps now. im in awe. newfound respect. i hope they run with this. if they do, its gonna be a helluva ride. 

just my opinion.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum