Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Haru briefly writes about HER SIGNATURE GUITAR!

This entry is actually very difficult for me to translate and one paragraph I failed completely to do, but I just had to do it since it's about her new guitar. If anyone can help with the untranslated paragraph, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance and I apologize for the less than perfect post.

Spoiler:

New Thing
Theme: HARUNA

HARUNA★

Today I went to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes Chapter 2 Alliance of The Free Planets compilation at the theatre at the international forum!

The show we went to was the premier of Ginga Eiyū Densetsu and、、、
The music, the pictures were overwhelming, while Haneyuri who's from the same office as us、admired Bishin Kawasumi's effort on it、I was impressed with the great presence of Ryuichi Kawamura. The story struck me in the heart… My heart it was pounding。*

We are artists who perform live, at a different stage of life.**
I love it.
It became a good motivation.
Since the Tokyo performances will continue until the 22nd, you guys go watch it too ok!

Next, the big story is
the HARUNA TELECASTER which was debuted at the Budoukan

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] O0228010

Fender Squier built it for me.
The colour, design is all HARUNA's specification!

What this guitar is, it's something like a signature guitar...
Perhaps, one day it'll be put in everyone's hands.

Look forward to it!

Note:

*I couldn't translate this paragraph but basically it's Haru explaining how awesome it was to watch Ryuichi Kawamura perform. Something like that.
** 私たちアーティストがやるライブとは、また違った生の舞台。 - Possibly wrong as well.

Both edited with jigoku79's help. Thanks!

Last edited by macdyne73 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA]
Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

surprised haruna chose a skull and crossbones design for her guitar though at the same time it makes sense, it much different than mami's guitar thats for sure. still really awesome though, i like it.

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@astoriasky
You are surprised ?
Remember Scandal were very punk in their early day with their combat boots !

I think the Fender signature guitars are around £3000, too much for me !

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:44 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
tonymiller wrote:@astoriasky
You are surprised ?
Remember Scandal were very punk in their early day with their combat boots !

I think the Fender signature guitars are around £3000, too much for me !

It's a Squier, though - it won't be that much if it does go on sale (which it doesn't sound like she's sure of). I actually think it's kind of strange that they played a big show like that using Squier guitars (Tomomi too) - they must have gotten a pretty sweet deal. And probably, both her and Tomomi's instruments were custom built, and they won't be made the same way when mass produced.

Anyway I think I like her regular tele thinlines better, but pretty much everything was over the top flashy at that show so I guess this guitar fits.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:16 pm

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Nice, macdyne! Haruna's Telecaster HH?..Cool!New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 907478(I'm still searching for the spec. anyway,hehe..)
I'm a fan of Telecaster, and Haruna worth to have her own signature model!
And yeah, this guitar is really fits on her..
Thanks for the trans,macdyne!
Here's my suggestion for the paragraph..Douzo.. New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 958202

Since I went to Ginga Eiyū Densetsu premiere,
I'm overwhelmed by the music,the picture,
While Haneyuri who's in the same office with us, admire Bishin Kawasumi's effort on it,
And I'm impressed with wonderful presence of Ryuichi Kawamura, and the story struck my heart...Somehow my heart is pounding.

And..the other sugestion..as usual, up to u!hehe..New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 752973
We are artists who perform live, stand in another different stage of life.

Last edited by jigoku79 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 4_zpse36c3efe
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@jigoku79 Thank you! So Haneyuri is a person's name? Geezzz..

Updating now.

@tonymiller I doubt this will cost that much. It's a Squier therefore it's unlikely that it will cost more than an MIM* Fender Tele. I estimate this guitar to cost roughly USD500 - USD700. That probably means that you can afford to get one to partner the Tele that you already own Tongue I expect Timo's J-Bazz to cost around that much too. If these are built like the Squier Classic Vibes series then they would be well worth the cost, I think.

@spacecadet True, it would be weird to play Squiers at a venue like Budoukan. However, if you've been following the news then you'll know that this was part of the plan. Effectively, the Budoukan show was the "preview" or "soft launch" of these signature instruments, if you will. It's possible that MAMI also has a prototype signature guitar but no good pictures yet though..

And as for Haru sounding unsure? It's probably just a Japanese cultural thing. In some situations it's considered more polite to sound slightly unsure even if you are definitely sure.

It's such a happy coincidence that I'm looking to buy a Tele this year and the specs for this as far as I can see so far, are exactly what I wanted. (Maple neck, HH) I'm hoping against hope that this won't be Japan only although considering Squier's normal practice it probably will be... Sad

I'll have to start asking around for help with importing this in if I decided to splash the cash...

*MIM - Made in Mexico

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:38 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Squier is just a decal thing. The guitars are made by the Fender Japan Custom shop anyway. Fender may have planned this. Considered Scandal's younger fan base, let the girls play Squier definately help promote this entry level brand.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:05 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If they are only sold in Japan, and if they are the same general weight and size as the Canta guitar, it will cost around $170 to ship (to the US) via EMS.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macdyne73 wrote:And as for Haru sounding unsure? It's probably just a Japanese cultural thing. In some situations it's considered more polite to sound slightly unsure even if you are definitely sure.

I think she's probably actually not sure. That guitar is going to be a nightmare to mass produce in that form, especially at the prices Squier generally offers. The finish is going to be half the cost of the guitar. And I'm not sure the factories in China or Indonesia can even do it; sparkle finishes are not the same process as applying regular paint. I haven't seen a Squier with a sparkle finish like that so I don't know if they even have experience doing it, or the equipment required. They might produce it in some modified form, with a non-sparkle finish.

It's such a happy coincidence that I'm looking to buy a Tele this year and the specs for this as far as I can see so far, are exactly what I wanted. (Maple neck, HH) I'm hoping against hope that this won't be Japan only although considering Squier's normal practice it probably will be... Sad

If it is produced, it'll definitely be Japan only. Much as we might like Haruna, most people outside of Japan have never heard of her.

I'll have to start asking around for help with importing this in if I decided to splash the cash...

Ishibashi will have it and will sell it worldwide if it's a mass produced guitar. I bought my Jazzmaster through them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
"spacecadetThat guitar is going to be a nightmare to mass produce in that form, especially at the prices Squier generally offers. The finish is going to be half the cost of the guitar. And I'm not sure the factories in China or Indonesia can even do it; sparkle finishes are not the same process as applying regular paint. I haven't seen a Squier with a sparkle finish like that so I don't know if they even have experience doing it, or the equipment required. They might produce it in some modified form, with a non-sparkle finish.

It's such a happy coincidence that I'm looking to buy a Tele this year and the specs for this as far as I can see so far, are exactly what I wanted. (Maple neck, HH) I'm hoping against hope that this won't be Japan only although considering Squier's normal practice it probably will be... New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 393615

If it is produced, it'll definitely be Japan only. Much as we might like Haruna, most people outside of Japan have never heard of her.

I'm actually pretty ok with the idea of a non-sparkly version of this guitar should it be available. I don't really like sparkles to be honest. If it was available in plain black I'll be just as happy.

And yeah, as much as I wish it wasn't, it probabbly will be J-only. I'm going to have to calculate shipping fees and markups and stuff like that now.. If it ends up costing 900USD or more, I might as well just go and buy a real MIM Fender Tele Blacktop. It costs roughly 2400 Malaysian Ringgit in my town (roughly 800USD).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
^ I'd have to agree with you about the sparkles... it would look sick enough being just black and white... maybe its too plain for her liking...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 am

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
it wouldn't surprise me if the ones that Haru and Timo have are real Fenders made up to look like the new Squires they are promoting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
so it really is her sig guitar *.* nice haru!

i like your design haru

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm

gaLa_LiannE08

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't understand anything about electric guitars :freeze: ..All I know is that Haruna's signature guitar is awesome especially the skull!..Except that it's too sparkly..Haha, I want one!..

Hmm, guess I need to read more about guitars from now on.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Ferdinand

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
gaLa_LiannE08 wrote:I don't understand anything about electric guitars New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 75746 ..All I know is that Haruna's signature guitar is awesome especially the skull!..Except that it's too sparkly..Haha, I want one!..

Hmm, guess I need to read more about guitars from now on.

We are on the same page... I also don't understand much about electric guitars New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] 214504

I think I need to learn more about guitars. ( consider if I had extra time).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

kevinrocks

Caless Student
Caless Student
not to mention the fender monogrammed guitar straps,that are very limited editions or are custom made just for the girls....haruna's pink and green one on her black/white thinline,and the ALL WHITE monogrammed strap tomo had on her squier jazz bass at budokan....these are not available ANYWHERE on the net. maybe im looking in all the wrong places....?????

oh well......

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macdyne73 wrote:And yeah, as much as I wish it wasn't, it probabbly will be J-only. I'm going to have to calculate shipping fees and markups and stuff like that now.. If it ends up costing 900USD or more, I might as well just go and buy a real MIM Fender Tele Blacktop. It costs roughly 2400 Malaysian Ringgit in my town (roughly 800USD).

I think if they just made like a metallic silver with the skull decal on it, they could probably sell it for a price not much different than other Squier telecasters. If they did the sparkle finish then I think it'd have to be like $800 for them to make a decent profit (if the Squier factories can even do it), and in that case it wouldn't really make sense for it to be a Squier. So I'll be super-surprised to see that if it does happen... I think more likely it will be a bit modified and you will be able to afford it.

I used to hate teles myself until I saw Haruna playing them (she'd make pretty much any guitar look good), and now I'm in the market myself for a tele thinline like she normally plays. I can't afford an American one but I might get a Mexican one like she used to play one of these days - I tried one out a couple weeks ago and they're so light and easy to play. It's easy to see why she likes them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 am

kyoharu03

kyoharu03

International Performer
International Performer
haru~chan's epic guitar!

haru-chan wa ichiban da!boku no megami desu!

New Thing 2012-04-18 [HARUNA] Haru210
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:28 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
$800 Squires? aren't Squire guitars really inexpensive? i actually just bought one for about $250. i looked at the Fender website and it looks like Avril Lavigne has a signature one too that retails for $480. Maybe that's what Fender Japan is doing for Haruna. or are Japanese Squares more expensive?

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0301012506

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:06 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
pacrimguru wrote:$800 Squires? aren't Squire guitars really inexpensive? i actually just bought one for about $250. i looked at the Fender website and it looks like Avril Lavigne has a signature one too that retails for $480. Maybe that's what Fender Japan is doing for Haruna. or are Japanese Squares more expensive?

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0301012506

Ah. That guitar costs like RM1800 (around USD550) in my area. I guess it's things like markups and shipping that brings the costs up. For example this one, the J5 Tele:-

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0301005506

..costs something like close to 700USD at my local shop here. Considering all this, the most Haru's guitar will cost is probably around 800USD if I go and ask the guys at the shop to bring it in for me. I hope it doesn't cost that much though. I could also bring it in myself and I think that might cost less but if I get it via the shop they'll provide me with set up and one year worth of free service.

Btw, my first electric guitar was a Squier Bullet Strat. It cost a mere RM660 (around USD200). Daawww.. *gets nostalgic

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Eri08

Eri08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Love her new guitar~ and that movie is interesting~
Thanks for the translation

.wow.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Yassu

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
I know nothing about guitars, but I was sure it was the guitar that Haruna used at Budokan this 28th March Hehee

Thanks Macdyne and Jigoku!

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion

==>Census of SCANDAL fans<==
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:16 am

ILOVERINASUZUKI21

ILOVERINASUZUKI21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macdyne73 wrote:
We are artists who perform live, at a different stage of life.

I love this line. (*´ω`*)

Her siggy guitar is totally rocks Rock on

~Thanks for the translations macdyne san , and jigoku san fo helping (*´ω`*)

Focus your mind and use your imagination to see my Siggy .evilgrin.

~You can call me Risu... (´•ω•`)
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.