Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Songs sound better live?
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 am

atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
When I listen to Scandal Baby and Kagerou, I prefer their live version over the track version. They sound more lively & rockier and little less synth. I was wondering what other songs sound better live over the original track version.

Last edited by atpsiam on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Which Songs sound better live? Cute15
Wish I could find a ninja girl like her .love.
Back to top Go down

Re: Which Songs sound better live?
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:43 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
ESY
Switch
Burn
one piece
Hello Hello
Aitai
Shoujo S
and many more

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Which Songs sound better live? Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
I always think that SCANDAL BABY sounds better in live. I really love this song in their lives *3*
BURN and Switch too. Aitai, and Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY I think.... ^^

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
Which Songs sound better live? 1HIBZjB
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:37 pm

shunkansentimental

shunkansentimental

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://charmandere.tumblr.com/
Well, personally I think that Scandal Baby sounds better live, and of course Kagerou. 
I also like Shunkan Sentimental live, I haven't decided whether I think it sounds better live or not though.

Which Songs sound better live? Tumblr_inline_mpxt07qBZG1qz4rgp
 - Lyric Excerpt from CUTE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
Having seen the Budokan and Osaka-jo concerts...every song is better live. They are like early Pearl Jam in my eyes, just plain better live, which is not something I can say about most bands.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Scandal Baby live version sounds better indeed (I'm not saying that the studio version is bad, not at all I like the studio version too.)

After seeing Ontama Carnival 2012, I would also say that Sparkling is better live.

Which Songs sound better live? MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:28 am

atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
shunkansentimental wrote:I also like Shunkan Sentimental live, I haven't decided whether I think it sounds better live or not though.

yeah, the studio version is epic and I think they perform it well enough that it is as equally epic.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think that Kagerou sounds better live. Actually, most of their songs sound better live, because it's more real. SCANDAL BABY is better live. Aitai, Love Survive, Sparkling, DOLL, Haruka, Rockn' Roll, ESY, TaiKimi, and well, almost everything. Like I said, it's real. Love Survive isn't as synthy, and Tomo isn't pitchy. Same goes for Sparkling. Their edgier songs just sound better because the instruments are...live. I don't know. But, yeah.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
"Shunkan Sentimental" I'd vote for being better live.  I never really got the appeal of that song until I saw it live.

"Burn" is *definitely* better live and I have literally seen them play it one time, but luckily it is a performance you can buy and/or see on YouTube.

"Haruka" is another one - it's a completely different song live (really live, not like they play it on TV appearances, which is mostly a recording).  It's an awesome song when played with mostly distorted guitars.

"Hi Hi Hi" is a song I never liked much on the album, but I do like it live.

And of course, my #1 vote goes to "Everybody Say YEAH!" which actually put me off a bit when I first heard it on the album (the chorus sounds like a gospel choir), but it is probably their #2 live song after SCANDAL BABY (which I do like on the album too).  It really gets the crowd going whenever they play it; it was definitely made to be a live song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:35 am

atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Af8! wrote:Their edgier songs just sound better because the instruments are...live. I don't know. But, yeah.

Haha yea. I guess it's kinda hard thinking of a song of theirs that sounds better not live. The only one I think sounds better as a studio version is Koshi Tantan, just because it sounds a bit more cleaner than their lives (obviously).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@aptsiam I could see what you mean with Koshi-Tantan, but even then, live might be a little better. I mean, it has a cleaner solo (because in the studio version, Rina did the solo by playing with her guitar effects) and the vocals aren't as stressed and loud. The live has them actually singing and not shouting. But there are times where I prefer the studio. Actually...I prefer Nanka Buttobase as a studio as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've had the priviledge of watching them live twice and yeah, everything, *everything* they've ever recorded sounds better live (live as in right-in-my-face live as opposed to live on video, there's a pretty big difference Happy), certainly the songs they performed when they were in KL last year and Singapore the year before that.

I'm not really sure why either, it just seems more.... real?

A special mention for several songs. Firstly, yeah I agree with Spacecadet, BURN live is epic. Then another live one that I remember fondly is Happy Collector during the KL show. It's a great song on CD but a whole different level live. The KL performance was the first ever public performance of that song too, so that's extra special.

Of their newer stuff, I especially liked Bitter Chocolate and Rock & Roll live. Rock & Roll was expecially awesome, the opening song of their KL show and it blew our collective minds.

AwaTsu is shaping up to be a great live song too, fast stuff like that always works the crowd well.

The song I really, really, really want to experience live?

24 Jikan Plus. I full expect to lose my head if I watch that live.

Edit: Ooh another one that was totally epic. Tokyo Skyscraper! It's a shame that it doesn't get played live more often.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:46 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i must admit i was shocked when i first see Burn live at Budokan. it was really awesome. and the improvised version in the outro really brought up the emotion the song has.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
mine would be the same with spacecadet's. =) in addtion are harukaze, burn, and taiyou to kimi. i just like how the distortion sounds plus their rock on attitude on the stage with those songs! Onion Love Love   they may not be music genius but there is something about them that gets you hooked to their songs Onion Skipping

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

harunafanXD~

harunafanXD~

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SCANDAL Baby 
Everybody Say YEAH! ( I think this song was made to be done in live performances )
Burn ( the Budokan performance was epiiicc )
Hi-Hi-Hi
LOVE SURVIVE 
Shunkan Sentimental ( the live always sounds deeper to me giving it a cool and different feel to it ) 

and a lot more...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
To me, some of their B-sides and album only songs are better live than on the discs.
I'm lucky enough to see Burn live during their concert in Hong Kong 2011.
Btw, Mami handled the feedback to create the eerie atmosphere during the outro solo much much better than Budokan.
One more thing I wanna say is - once you watched them live, you just love this band 10 times more!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
For me it's One Piece. I love how heartfelt and sincere their live performance of that song during their Osaka-Jo Hall Concert. Actually, I first heard it while watching a youtube video of the performance and when I heard the studio version, it just didn't feel the same anymore. There was just so much emotion during the live compared to the studio version. .smile.

Which Songs sound better live? Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:25 pm

carmana

carmana

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think Burn is amazing alive. I was not a fan of Burn but after I watched this song live, I want to cry everytime I hear it. They play it with so much emotion and somehow Mami's guitar sounds much better

Back to top Go down
MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Maybe there's a song you think sounds better live. Maybe because the sound affects aren't there or because they just put more soul into it live .-. Maybe you like a song better on audio because the affects are there Tongue Just post them here Happy I like Daydream live (even though I haven't found a full live version TOJ Onion) because I like it better with sped up drumming. I also like Morboroshi and Kagerou live. Moboroshi because I like the song without sound affects (but I like the audio too) and Kagerou because... I don't know but their performance at Budokan is the only Kagerou I'll listen to .-. I think it's because of Haruna's voice live in the song .smile.  Those are the only songs I have for now so... yep .-.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Kurara

Kurara

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think they rock in live! I love how Mami and Rina play their music! (Mami with guitar is amazing!)
Also Tomomi put all her heart when she sings, like the live at Wonderful Tonight with One Piece, it's my favorite live song! 

Girls' factory's live with Stereopony was great too!

Ohh and don't miss Kagen no tsuki live *w*

Btw I want Koe live!

<< My last one piece, kimi no koe dake... >>
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:08 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The way they play DOLL live is just amazing, full of rock and power, I just love it as the way LOVE SURVIVE sounds in concerts. TOJ Onion

Which Songs sound better live? 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
There are tons (yes, tons!) of SCANDAL songs that I never liked in the first place that I grew to love after watching the live version or just in an instant where it fit my mood, namely, Kagerou (the OJH version was the best, in my opinion .toj.), DOLL (yes, DOLL!), SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase, SCANDAL BABY (I don't know why), Appletachi no Dengon, LOVE SURVIVE (the live version is way better), Space Ranger (I know, kill me now), Hoshi no Furu Yoru ni (until I realized how fun it is in their OJH live), Houkago 1H (I was not used to Tomo's chipmunky voice that time), Hi-Hi-Hi (the bass solo is a lot better LIVE), Want You, Pin Heel Surfer (yes, this song is better played live. How I wish they would play this song more. But the chances are pretty slim.), and Kill the Virgin (well, it sounds awkward at first, but I was really amused by the live version).

I always prefer the live version over the recorded one because in lives, I can hear what I usually can't hear in the recorded version (Who would have thought Haru was backing vocals in Houkago 1H? Or maybe they just included it in the live). How I wish I could watch all live versions of their songs even the cover songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love Moboroshi Night, Kagerou, Rock n Roll Widow, Jikan 24, and Burn a lot more live. Sometimes the difference is pretty big =\ 
I would like the audio version of Kill the Version more but the live electronic instrument effects being played makes it sound really awesome. 

I usually like most of their songs live more than their recorded ones. You can just really feel them, their voices and their instruments. So amazing~~

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Well, for me they sound amazing in live and on audio too! They are amazingly talented! I really loved Kill the Virgin, that scandal performed on Sounds Of Forest live! It was amazing .dies. with the effects.. Rina on keyboard and Haru on something that i don't know how to call XD 
So both version of SCANDAL performing is amazing~

Which Songs sound better live? Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:37 pm

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
- Kill The Virgin
- Space Ranger
- Kagerou