Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:15 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
As expected, much less than Kagen-Awanai Sad Well at least it won't be their worst sale in a long time, with 16k it's already better than PHS or LOVE SURVIVE so while it's not great it's still "ok" I guess. Let's hope it will break the 20k mark in the next weeks.

But what is the last line with the 11.026 copies? I'm not sure I understand that one correctly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:53 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo
According to Soundscan the CD+DVD limited edition of OVER DRIVE sold 11,026 copies on it's first week, the regular edition did not managed to get in the top 20

(note: Soundscan counts certain stores that Oricon doesn't, Oricon counts certain stores that Soundscan doesn't. Generally, Oricon counts more stores and covers more of the market)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:58 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So that means 11k~ limited edition + 5k~ regular edition were sold? For a second I thought it was 16k + 11k limited edition.

Also 11k limited edition doesn't sound that limited to me lol .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:As expected, much less than Kagen-Awanai :(Well at least it won't be their worst sale in a long time, with 16k it's already better than PHS or LOVE SURVIVE so while it's not great it's still "ok" I guess. Let's hope it will break the 20k mark in the next weeks.
Ah well, could be worse. But I can also say I am not all so surprised, this single isn't necessarily SCANDAL's best.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:05 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

As we have seen in the past it has nothing to do with the quality of the song but with the fact that the single comes out just before the new album. It is clear that many fans buy the album and not the single when it happens.

Here is a quick overview of the sale numbers for every single-album : https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8944p300-16th-single-kagen-no-tsuki#587149

Every single before the album meets this fate expect Harukaze but I suspect this was because it was in the Bleach anime.

I hoped OVER DRIVE could break this too but it seems it will not be the case. But as mentioned in my previous post, even if the sales are not on the same level as Kagen-Awanai, it's not that bad at all and could be much worse.

I'm a bit sad because it seems that producers is a bit more famous than the others and SCANDAL liked to work with him... I hope they won't just look at the raw numbers of sales and see that as a disaster.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 am

Mirytie

Mirytie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:As we have seen in the past it has nothing to do with the quality of the song but with the fact that the single comes out just before the new album. It is clear that many fans buy the album and not the single when it happens.

Here is a quick overview of the sale numbers for every single-album : https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8944p300-16th-single-kagen-no-tsuki#587149

Every single before the album meets this fate expect Harukaze but I suspect this was because it was in the Bleach anime.
I was going to say that. So it is just a patern and not to be feared

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 295982_4318448326990_420683964_n

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 MMuserbar
"Pouring tears, Its not being weak, Its not regret,
Its pieces from my pain"

-Namida no Regret
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:16 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Billboard Japan Hot 100: #6 (best: DOLL - #5)
Billboard Japan Adult Contemporary Airplay: #19 (new best, previous best: Shoujo S - #27)

Recochoku Rock Songs weekly: OVER DRIVE - #1, SITH - #31
Recochoku single (song) weekly: OVER DRIVE - #21
Recochoku full album/single weekly: #37

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:22 am

alrick13

alrick13

by far this is their highest selling single that is released weeks before an album 

OVER DRIVE before STANDARD
Wk. 1. Rank 7, actual units 15,957

Pin Heel Surfer before QAT
Wk. 1. Rank 9, actual units 11,300

LOVE SURVIVE before BABY ACTION
Wk. 1. Rank 11, actual units 13,507

Namida no Regret before TEMPTATION BOX
Wk. 1. Rank 14, actual units 9,304

Yumemiru Tsubasa before BEST SCANDAL
Wk. 1 Rank 12, actual units 5,850

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Just to be clear these stats are for a single released before a STUDIO album.

It's true that a single release just before the album is really special (for SCANDAL at least but I suppose it's the same for many bands?) so if you compare it to all the other singles it may appear negative... But if you only compare the singles released before the studio album it gets much better as the stats clearly show it.

So I guess that even if they won't reach the sales of Awanai-Kagen, it's clearly much better as the other singles released before an album and that is very positive! I hope they (and their company/producer) see it like that too!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:01 am

malalarks

malalarks

Caless Student
Caless Student
Makes sense. Unless I had plenty of expendable income, I wouldn't buy Overdrive single when I could just buy the whole album, which I did...

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 Tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 am

Yushiki_Katsura

Yushiki_Katsura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://yushikikatsura.blog.fc2.com/
I already have it!! Happy

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 Ggggg112
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 296664I L0ve Scandal!!17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 477790        17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 4084580553Forever Scandal 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 14 3566927540
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.