You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA)
Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:44 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Spoiler:
Kanazawa City Cultural Hall
Theme:RINA

The second show of our STANDARD tour!
All of the many people who came to Kanazawa City Cultural Hall, thank you!

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) FRZRmpg

Being able to come back to the same place is a very happy thing. We're home.
It had been a year since the last time we were in Kanazawa,
And I'm sure there were people who came last year too. I'm happy that you waited for us
Those who came for the first time, how was it?
Was it fun? Tell me all about it

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) 8RvUAnf

In my hand is Ishikawa-san!

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) SZ0R68O

It'll turn into a talk about us, but today was the 5th year anniversary of our debut
We can still be a band! We want to! I'll be happy if we can stay like that and with those feelings. Best regards!

After the live ended and we went back to the dressing room, we heard voices filled with excitement from outside of the window
They were voices of everyone going home whom we had just been in front of
It was a great live today too

Ah, come to think of it,
I can't believe how excited it got when I said 「I like strawberry tarts」,, haha

See you later!

※Bonus

My drum set is changing from this tour.

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) 8wkCTUX

I added a second snare and double pedals. Really cool

RINA

2013-10-23 01:36:50

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Thu May 01, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Haha Rina, I also like strawberry tarts. I want to say : finally ! twin pedals !

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
omg! rina finally uses twin pedals!!!!!! shes awesome <33333 she has really improved a lot that she got to add more to her drum set .wow.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Looks like Rina is getting serious, she has stepped up. RINA GOT A DOUBLE PEDAL OH MY GAWD!!! .dies.  I can die a happy girl now! I cant believe this real... anyway Congratulation to SCANDAL on their 5th anniversary of their major debut.

Last edited by bleachnlife on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down
drake79

drake79

Caless Student
Caless Student
twin pedals?? awesome!
STANDARD album songs is full of power, gonna love to hear her double pedalling .smile.

Back to top Go down
seyer101

seyer101

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalrockband.blogspot.com
wow!!! rina is doin tein pedals!!! ^_^ sugoi!!!.wow.

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Seyerl10
SEYER101
Please Onion CANTA DANCE Please Onion
Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Twin pedals! How does she use it? In what part of what song will it feature in? Will it be an important enough thing for media to write about (so that we will find out) ? Should I ask her myself?

Also, TWO snares!? That's highly unusual for a relatively "light" band like SCANDAL.

And also, can you imagine how much money RINA has spent on all her gear? That stuff ain't cheap and I'm just talking about the pedals ALONE.

And and also, 5-nen kinenbi omedetou gozaimasu!! Ato 5-nen onegai!

Last edited by macdyne73 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ok so... why so excited about the pedals? .shy. 

Nice cake and flowers Happy

Back to top Go down
kaishun

kaishun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
congrate on their 5 year anniversary 
i hope that they keep on playing

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Ok so... why so excited about the pedals?

It takes real skill to use twin bass drum pedals. Not all drummers can do it. Rina using twin pedals (finally!) is a pretty huge deal.

It means she has taken her drumming up to a whole new level and makes it possible for her to expand her repertoire and play some really crazy and/or heavy and/or complex patterns.

I can't wait to see her do it. It will be a blast!

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one around here who is excited by that thought.

Back to top Go down
meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
macdyne73 wrote:

It takes real skill to use twin bass drum pedals. Not all drummers can do it. Rina using twin pedals (finally!) is a pretty huge deal.

It means she has taken her drumming up to a whole new level and makes it possible for her to expand her repertoire and play some really crazy and/or heavy and/or complex patterns.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one around here who is excited by that thought.
Yeah you're right!as I've read the twin pedals I was like "Oh MY!" it will be a more awesome live! =) Everytime she will hit that bass drum the venue will go boom and as if it will is beating through your heart!haha and also it will be more variations for their sounds Nice one

Back to top Go down
drake79

drake79

Caless Student
Caless Student
i think it is not about the gear we should discuss about,
it is the decission she made that she finally using double pedals, that we should happy for her, not about kind of music they have, but i think she is trying to push her skill up and improving, STANDARD album songs is more like made for LIVE performance, so it could be more improvisation playing the songs on stage Live,
 so yes, double pedals is a necessary gear for her 
sorry just my 2 cents.. Happy

Back to top Go down
raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
When I first saw the double pedals this morning I thought it was someone else's drum kit considering the pedals were DWs and not Pearls, but I was wrong LOL  It also got me so excited that I was able to do my morning run better than usual. .lol. 

It's interesting cause as far as I know, none of SCANDAL songs require double bass. However depending on how she plays it, double bass could be added to Namida yo Hikare, 24 Jikan no Moake Mae and even STANDARD.

Playing double is cool but it would be even more interesting if someday she would explore more of how someone could actually improve their single pedal playing by incorporating slide (she already knows this), heel-toe, heel-toe-slide or even the swivel technique but that's for later.

About the second snare, from the picture that's probably a Piccolo snare which is usually for effects. It's also used as the main snare on EVERYBODY SAY YEAH.

Now I'm wondering how the drummers of their copy bands would feel about Rina's upgrade .evilgrin.

Back to top Go down
meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
raynsity wrote:Now I'm wondering how the drummers of their copy bands would feel about Rina's upgrade .evilgrin.
I laughed on this part!haha .lol.  anyway I would like to hear 24 Jikan with the double peds.

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally!!! Double pedal!!! I want to see what songs she'll upgrade. Funny, I was thinking about this yesterday. Love Survive's instrumental part would be really rocking if she added that twin pedal <3333333

Their band twitter mentions they've been watching KISS, Tomo says in one of her tweets about perhaps becoming active as a heavy metal band... And now this double pedal. I'm reaching some conclusions to do with heavier music here. Hnnngggg I'd die.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
As someone who really misses their old punk/rock style with songs like "Space Ranger! that blog really cheers me up, I love them whatever they do but prefer their more rock style numbers.
Old fans will remember that when SCANDAL started they hired a load of KISS videos to learn how to move on stage, but luckily they did not copy KISS's makeup...hehe

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
macdyne73 wrote:

Oh wow now i'm really excited too and I don't know anything about the technical part of music lol! Thanks for the great explanation.

So our RINA is getting better and better and she is only 22... Looks like the early days where she struggled with the drums and wanted to give up are far behind her Happy Our little RINA is really awesome .shy. 

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A little off topic so apologies in advance but I think it'll be good to share an example of what is possible with twin pedals on a song that isn't that much heavier than, for example, Metronome.

Twin pedal drumming is more commonly found in more extreme and/or complex forms of music. But it can also be used in other genres as well like punk/pop punk and even pop rock.

Check this out. This isn't even metal. Listen to the drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wmntL1uCM

Now imagine our Rina doing something like that. SCANDAL doesn't really sound like that at the moment, but now they can if they feel like it.

And that is why I'm so very excited. I hope she keeps practicing and gets really good! I'll be waiting!

EDIT: Here's another example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmeU4J-XDtM

Btw, I LOVE Me vs. Hero. I think they're awesome. Happy

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@slightly offtopic. ^^Wow, I haven't really come across twin pedaling in that alternative-ish scene. I totally agree with you, I think that you've just got me into another band, Macdyne. Happy

Anyway, yes, with that pedalling, I think that there's more room for SCANDAL to broaden their sound and to shape what type of music they want to share with the world, instead of perhaps another writer's. It's ok for others to write their music, but I just think that it's not their ideas that are being conveyed; it's another person's. Of course, it doesn't mean that the actual music is of any less quality (e.g. The Wanted), it's just not them, in a sense. They were dead-on right when they said that this is chapter 2 of SCANDAL. A new beginning = new experimentation, something I absolutely love about this band.

Sorry for the offtopic-ness mods. Just wanted to share that...

Back to top Go down
MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Go Rina Go! .hail. 

I'm excited to hear Rina's solo performance in the future when she mastered her upgraded set..wow.

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down
hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm wondering in what song will Rina use the twin pedals... maybe in 24 Jikan? But whether or not she uses the twin pedals it's good that she upgraded her set...

I'm also imagining that she would do another 10-minute drum solo like in Budokan using those twin pedals and the added snare.... now that's awesome .hora.

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:
As someone who really misses their old punk/rock style with songs like "Space Ranger! that blog really cheers me up, I love them whatever they do but prefer their more rock style numbers.
Old fans will remember that when SCANDAL started they hired a load of KISS videos to learn how to move on stage, but luckily they did not copy KISS's makeup...hehe
We are more than lucky they were not watching videos of GWAR!!!

Back to top Go down
tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
really cool, she learned a new technique Ho Onion 

I'm learning a new technique either...

tour... good hearts still didn't post any videos =/

thanks for the translation!

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
tomomilover wrote:tour... good hearts still didn't post any videos =/
Don't expect there to be any fan videos. Recording/photographing is strictly prohibited in Japanese venues.

Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
never knew there is such a thing as a second snare!? .omg.
i seriously want to watch this live.

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) URT1EYY
Kanazawa City Cultural Hall - 2013-10-23 (RINA) Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.