Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

silkdog44 wrote:For those that greeted them at the airports, do they just wave and walk on by? Or do they stop and collect gifts? I'm just wondering what they are allowed to do.

Here are a couple videos from when we met them at the airport in LA for AM2:

They were definitely surprised to see a group of fans waiting to greet them at the airport although you could tell there was an air of slight apprehension during the encounter since they probably didn't expect something like this at all, but just keep in mind that this was one of the first (if not the very first?) times they'd been greeted at an airport before an overseas live show.

On the topic of collecting gifts, you'll see RINA was the only one who accepted a gift (Canta lollipop) at the time. From what I've seen in more recent airport videos and posts, they're much more receptive of airport fan greetings as well as gifts than before. Besides, SCANDAL HEAVEN has gained a much bigger and positive reputation since these videos were taken almost 3 years ago!

Needless to say, we'll definitely be giving them an amazing and memorable welcome for their long-awaited return to the states if we're lucky enough to get the opportunity again!  Nice one

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Woaah!! It's so cool!! .clap.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ok,  question.  
I know SCANDAL is going to Hawaii for a concert on June 1st @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2014.  

1) what is the closest hotel?  
2) How long will they be in Hawaii? 
3) is there any other activities they're doing?  
4) Is SCANDAL HEAVEN organizing anything while they're there? 

I contemplating whether I'll go or not.  But first I need to prepare and plan.  I'm trying to get all the facts, mainly to see what I'll need there, how long I'm going, where/which hotel I might be staying to be close to the action.  

So:  
When, the total of time SCANDAL and SCANDAL-HEAVEN will be there? 
Where should I look to stay, Hotel, City, Island, etc.?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:40 am

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wizardharu.tumblr.com/
A bit late but I am for sure going to Hawaii to join the run are there any groups left open?  Sorry for the late response.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Haruna_zps9bffb496
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wizard Haru wrote:A bit late but I am for sure going to Hawaii to join the run are there any groups left open?  Sorry for the late response.

I'll check with my team to see if we have a slot!

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Alright sweet!!  Thanks a bunch!  Let me know so I don't have to solo queue :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Wizard Haru:  Are you 100% sure you're going?  I have a spot on Glenn's Team but my status on the trip is still hazy.  I figured I would register for the race/team first and worry about the trip later, but if you're in dire need of a team, then I don't mind giving you my spot.  (Likewise, you have to contact Glenn to make the necessary adjustments.)  

That's only if you're for sure-sure though.  I'd end up a loner on the sidelines if I'm cleared to go by then.  :-S  Noodles is on the same team so we'll be representing together if there happens to be an opening. \m/

@ Glenn: I'm registered onto raceit.com but I couldn't add myself onto the team, so you'll have to enslave me into Team Glenn later. HA HA! Or Wizard Haru if there isn't a slot left.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 am

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ah yeah i'm for sure going to be heading to Hawaii for the run.  If you don't mind me taking your spot or the extra spot on the team I would be glad to!  And who is Glenn??

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:15 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ Glenn is "Propglenn". He posted up info about forming a team a few posts/pages back. I spoke with him earlier and it looks like I may have to go to Hawaii after all.

I should have contacted him first before making my post but I'll have to keep my spot and back up all the big talk that's been coming out of my mouth as of late. HA HA! So as of now, 2 USA Teams are full and there are still members out there that can make up another team.

Start Team 3?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ah okay gg wp i shall wait and see OTL

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
There are a couple of other people in this thread who have said they're interested in going, so maybe you could try to pair up with them if they haven't already signed up?

-silkdog44
-Meteorgun7
-*Haru~Chan*

--------------------------------------

About our 2 established groups, I'm trying to recall who's on them. I know ours, but I'm not 100% sure about Glenn's.

Group 1:
  1. Erich (wat)
  2. Jade (thoseguiltyeyes)
  3. Neil (zimbobbio)
  4. Alan (alnet88)
  5. Jerry (pacrimguru)
  6. Sam (320x200)

Group 2:
  1. Glenn (propglenn)
  2. Lale (Noodles)
  3. Peter (bigOeyez)
  4. Robert (Mercurius)
  5. Allie? (Airi-chan)
  6. Patrick?

Other interested people we know that don't know yet if they can go and are not on a team are Freddy, Matt, and Eddie.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ It'd be weird if Freddy doesn't go. Didn't he fly all the way to Europe just to see a Perfume show? SCANDAL in Hawaii is like a walk down the road if you compare it to that. Tongue 

But yeah, if all those members are still down to run, that's more than enough to fill up a 3rd team. It doesn't necessarily have to be all US members, just as long as the roster is filled up to 6 people (to ease up the registration fee).

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just confirmed: I get to go! Man, this is going to be my first Scandal live experience <3 I'm so excited! 

Question though: Since it is presumably a free event, that means it's first come, first serve, right? What time would you recommend for me to start waiting? As much fun as the relay sounds, I won't be joining the race - just watching the live. 

Since it is my first time, and I'm kind of nervous, any other tips would be great ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@Racheiru: the thing is that those who are in the race get priority over the seating for the concert, and the way to get in for being supposedly free is that all runners will get a tshirt and that will count as their entrance into the live. not sure how long i would start waiting. the live will follow after the award ceremony at 4 i think on the beach and then it'll go on from there. 

i'm also not sure how the people who are not running get in. i'm just making a guess and not too sure, but you may get a tshirt for being there or might have to potentially buy one. i don't know because i've never actually participated in this event last year because i had other things going and was not able to attend. as the date gets closer may be able to explain a bit more in depth.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:37 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Racheiru wrote:Just confirmed: I get to go! Man, this is going to be my first Scandal live experience <3 I'm so excited! 

Question though: Since it is presumably a free event, that means it's first come, first serve, right? What time would you recommend for me to start waiting? As much fun as the relay sounds, I won't be joining the race - just watching the live. 

Since it is my first time, and I'm kind of nervous, any other tips would be great ^^

Glenn's team (which I am part of) wont be running either, you can just come hang out! We'll wait around and perhaps reserve some seats for the other groups who are running (if possible) we wont really be able to tell until we arrive there!

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Would anyone know how many seats there are going to be or is it a outside area with just everyone crowding around the stage?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Wizard Haru wrote:Would anyone know how many seats there are going to be or is it a outside area with just everyone crowding around the stage?

It's the latter. It's outdoors on the beach and there won't be any actual seats, so it's all standing only.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:44 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Hawaii fan  If you find out more, then it'll be a great help ^^ It's because I read from Rina's blog that you can join the concert even if you don't run but that's true about the priority thing. I was thinking that since there aren't any "reserved seats" that maybe the people who don't run actually get better seats aha but that sounds a bit unfair :p 

@Noodles  That'd be great! I'm actually considering to run but I don't know if I'll be able to finish by the time the concert starts LOL. Plus, I'll be coming to Hawaii with my family and they most likely will not run. How do you guys meet up? I've never done this before.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:27 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE SCANDAL FAN MEETING TOUR, PLEASE READ THIS:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10104-scandal-fan-meeting-tour-in-hawaii-join-now#647129

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:54 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
I know that this is fairly late (5 days before first registration deadline) but I am curious to know if there are any open slots for teams? I'm interested in running but if there are no available slots then it's cool. Just checking if the opportunity is still exists despite my late decision.
  .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:35 pm

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Racheiru wrote:@Hawaii fan  If you find out more, then it'll be a great help ^^ It's because I read from Rina's blog that you can join the concert even if you don't run but that's true about the priority thing. I was thinking that since there aren't any "reserved seats" that maybe the people who don't run actually get better seats aha but that sounds a bit unfair :p 

@Noodles  That'd be great! I'm actually considering to run but I don't know if I'll be able to finish by the time the concert starts LOL. Plus, I'll be coming to Hawaii with my family and they most likely will not run. How do you guys meet up? I've never done this before.

Here is some more info about the race day:

2014 Honolulu Ekiden and Music Festival
Sunday, June 1, 2014
5:30 a.m. – Race start
4 p.m. – Awards and Sunset on the Beach Concert

Btw the full race is 26.2 miles.

Here are some examples to hopefully help people who are on the fence about running and/or worried about their spots for the concert if they do decide to run:

If you were to literally WALK the whole way at a brisk walking speed of 4 mph
26.2 miles / 4 mph = 6.55 hours
Since the race starts at 5:30am, that would take you til about noon, leaving you 4 hours til the awards ceremony which is followed by the concert.

A much more realistic example would be a light jog at about 6 mph
26.2 miles / 6 mph = 4.37 hours
Starting at 5:30am, you would end well before 10am, leaving over 6 hours til the awards ceremony and concert.

These are fairly conservative examples, especially considering that you could have up to 6 members on a team which would allow you to run faster and more easily since it would be a shorter distance you would have to run for each leg of the race.

Lastly, I'd like to note the added bonus of having SCANDAL cheering for you during the race (this was stated on the Fan Meeting Tour event page). The way I think about it, after all the years I've spent cheering for SCANDAL they're going to be cheering for me?? How awesome is THAT!

Anyways long post, but I wish you all the best of luck if you decide to run! Peace Onion

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:37 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@zimbobbio

Wow, time left over for me to shower and still look good for Scandal! You're right.. that is pretty darn awesome! Then we get to cheer for them again later on.. biggest win-win situation in my life aha. I'll take more time to consider =) Thanks a lot for this info!

And for the team thing: So each person runs a certain distance and then gives it up for the next person to run? That's cool! I didn't know it was going to be like that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm

HNLEkiden

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

We're so excited to welcome Scandal to the Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2014! We hope everyone on here will be able to come down and join us, and please connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HNLEkiden.hi, and also on Instagram and Twitter at @HNLEkidenHI

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 pm

siuwai48

siuwai48

Caless Student
Caless Student
ichiruki! wrote:Ah congrats American fans!!! Hope you have a blast again this time~
I am so fked....I can't go even it only takes me to ride in a plane for 5 hours to get there..>TTTTTT
I am on the plane back to China the same day....Finally SCANDAL comes to USA and I can't go....TT .shy.  .fustrated. 

This congrats makes me wanna cry  .waaa. 
Been waiting for 3 years to see them again since last time saw them really far away from Hong Kong ACG festival. 
I really want to show my love to them....but I can't good....I guess I can jump off the plane when it reach Hawaii  .plank.  
Been no luck with with SCANDAL...last time they go to HK in September and I am back to US in August cuz of school.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 pm

rachel_snsd48

rachel_snsd48

Caless Student
Caless Student
I want them to come to Toronto Sad(

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 5 HXANjwi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next