Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL is coming back to the US next year and will make their second appearance at Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival!

・Date: 2016/5/22 (Sun.) Ekiden: 5:30 AM~ / Music festival: Evening
・Expo date: 2016/5/21 (Sat.)
・Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
・Ekiden venue: Kapiolani Park
・Music festival venue: Waikiki Shell
・Performers: SCANDAL / and more!!

#front-page

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2016 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I just read the news a little while ago.
Heh, I noticed there was a gap during their tour that coincided with next year's ekiden…

I'm really looking forward to it!

Back to top Go down
dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow! I was planning to see the girls in Japan this year, but if I can get tickets again, I will probably just go back to Hawaii this year and do Japan next year.

I wonder if I can get the same great room mates again? 8 )

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down
chiguirex

chiguirex

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hopefully we can see them without having to do the running... And hopefully I will be able to go

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2016 17916553778_0be373d3f7_q
Back to top Go down
Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2016 Slide-13
Back to top Go down
FeverParty

FeverParty

Caless Student
Caless Student
Anyone wanna make a team for the run? If it doesn't conflict with the concert. We could wear SCANDAL team shirts.

Back to top Go down
oso

oso

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi folks,

This is great news, I hope to attend with a couple of my friends. 

We met a bunch of you at the Chicago and LA shows this year and would be amazing to do it again in Hawaii.  (especially after hearing how awesome the 2014 event was)

Back to top Go down
Rakista

Rakista

Caless Student
Caless Student
FeverParty wrote:Anyone wanna make a team for the run? If it doesn't conflict with the concert. We could wear SCANDAL team shirts.
I'd love to do this if it's not just us doing it haha Nice one

BTW I've heard of their live in Hawaii back in 2014 and would love to go! However I'm still unsure of what the whole event is and how to get inside the meet and greet. If someone has gone before and knows the whole process on seeing them in Hawaii, please let me know!

Much appreciated .smile.

Back to top Go down
Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Rakista wrote:
FeverParty wrote:Anyone wanna make a team for the run? If it doesn't conflict with the concert. We could wear SCANDAL team shirts.
I'd love to do this if it's not just us doing it haha Nice one

BTW I've heard of their live in Hawaii back in 2014 and would love to go! However I'm still unsure of what the whole event is and how to get inside the meet and greet. If someone has gone before and knows the whole process on seeing them in Hawaii, please let me know!

Much appreciated .smile.

How it worked last time is that the Ekiden tag race starts early in the morning and usually all the guests will be there to encourage the participants or participate themselves (I think monkey majik ran the ekiden too) after that its basically a free day but we stuck around close to the stage and we got to hear the bands do the sound checks and all, then after the race was over the event starts and there is a guy presenting and giving out awards for best costume runners, best times, etc. with some of the musical guests playing in between these, it was an overall very fun time and when SCANDAL took the stage it was right about sunset which made it pretty much perfect for us. 

I dont recall which day the meet & greet was but we paid and then the organizers told us a bus would pick us up and take us to a secret location (we called it secret base obviously) where there was a buffet of food and where we got to play some charade games in hawaiian with the band and there was an autographed sticker as a prize (which I won, go TEAM TIMO!) and then the translator(radio host) asked some questions to the band that they had asked us to write in a piece of paper beforehand and they responded, best question of the bunch was Eddie's which was "Any plans for a world tour?" and as you already know, that was sweet. Then the band went on to play an acoustic session for us which was crazy.

When the date comes closer im sure the organizers will start opening up the entries for the event, I'd assume its limited entries since we were pretty much full last time, I think there was 9 tables of at least 8 people each at the event, a great deal of them were japanese fans too, it was about half and half I think.

Hopefully that helps in any way

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Rakista wrote:BTW I've heard of their live in Hawaii back in 2014 and would love to go! However I'm still unsure of what the whole event is and how to get inside the meet and greet. If someone has gone before and knows the whole process on seeing them in Hawaii, please let me know!

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10104-scandal-fan-meeting-tour-in-hawaii

A little backstory on the Fan Meeting (meet-and-greet) event last year:

My friends and I, who are from Los Angeles, found out that the Japanese travel company H.I.S. was to offer a "SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour" package for only those in Japan which offered airfare, hotel, and access to private events with SCANDAL. Not being okay with that, we went to our local H.I.S. offices and told them that we were interested in taking part in the event, and they e-mailed the Japan offices to let them know there was interest here.

Fast-forward a few months later, H.I.S. contacts me and lets me know that we have a shot at getting in to the event if we get at least 30 people interested. We did, and they let us join in! I had everyone tell me their e-mail addresses and then let them know how they could sign up for the event.

The schedule was this:

-5/31: Flag signing with SCANDAL
-6/1: Ekiden & Music Festival
-6/2: Fan Meeting event

People posted their experiences here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10423-scandal-in-hawaii-memories

About next year, we have no idea about any of the details yet and don't know if the process will be the same/similar. Everything is TBA later.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Rakista

Rakista

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you all for your help! I am anticipating the event and would love to go and experience the whole package. One more thing, do you have to run the relay if you want to join the music festival later in the evening?

Thank you all once again, I don't know where I'd get help without you guys!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Rakista wrote:One more thing, do you have to run the relay if you want to join the music festival later in the evening?

No, you do not need to run. You can run if you want to, though.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Those who are in the USA only who want to go to see SCANDAL at the Ekiden & Fan Meeting in Honolulu (and who live outside of Hawaii), please answer these questions:

1. Are you interested in going to Honolulu and seeing SCANDAL at the Ekiden + Fan Meeting?

2. If there were to be a package deal (Fan Meeting+Ekiden admission AND flight+hotel), would you be interested in it?

FYI nothing is happening right now; we're going to ask H.I.S. questions about this and want to have this info ready if they ask for it. Please answer by the end of the week!

Back to top Go down
btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes and yes.

Back to top Go down
Rakista

Rakista

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes all the way for both! Let's do this!!!

Back to top Go down
oso

oso

Caless Student
Caless Student
You can count 2 more (and maybe a 3rd) as very interested and yes/yes for both questions.  

Would be nice to find out info about the rumored world tour that might happen this year though!

Btw, was being an official fan club member a requirement for the last Hawaii ekiden tour?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
oso wrote:Btw, was being an official fan club member a requirement for the last Hawaii ekiden tour?

"Official fan club"? Do you mean SCANDAL MANIA? Then no, because SM technically isn't open to those outside of Japan and this event is not affiliated with it in any way.

Also, the Fan Meeting was a completely separate event from the Ekiden. As I had mentioned before, the Fan Meeting initially wasn't open to people outside of Japan (it was only being offered as part of a vacation package deal from H.I.S., a Japanese travel company). My friends and I here in LA had to fight in order to get us international fans into it by letting H.I.S. offices here know that there were many of us interested in participating in it too, and only then did they let us join.

Back to top Go down
oso

oso

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was aware of most of that, just wasn't sure if the H.I.S. tour was limited to SM members.   

Thanks for the info! Happy

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Perks for SCANDAL's Fan Meeting in Honolulu have been announced, as well as a separate live that'll be part of their YELLOW tour!

FYI: These perks are currently only for the people coming from Japan. They may differ if we fans in the USA will also be allowed to participate.

1. Tickets to enter the venue first for SCANDAL TOUR 2016 「YELLOW」 in Hawaii + includes round-trip to and from the venue

2. A picture with SCANDAL!

3. Participation in the Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival where SCANDAL will be performing!

4. Make a Honolulu Ekiden supporter's flag with SCANDAL!

5. Invitation to the Fan Meeting!
-A welcome lei greeting & handshakes from the SCANDAL members
-Includes talk session, games, etc.!
-Food and drink included
※There will not be a live performance.

6. Limited to tour participants! Original goods present!

Schedule:

5/21 - Fan Meeting & photo session (evening)
5/22 - Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2016
5/23 - SCANDAL TOUR 2016「YELLOW」in HAWAII at The Republik (time TBA)

Translation:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
.clap.

YES! !!!!!!! Finally some kind of announcement form HIS, damn today is an awesome day. Lets all go to Hawaii again! See yall there!

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh that's cool♡(∩o∩)♡ I bet they'll have a good ol' time over there.

Though I kinda find it a bit unfair that these awesome perks are for "from Japan" fans only, I mean they're going to Hawaii why not also include that for the fans who actually live there/visiting? Just curious Onion Depress
or I'm missing something here, idk Tongue

Other than that,  that whole trip sounds wonderful.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Uuummm.... What was the question?)

Back to top Go down
dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Those who are in the USA only who want to go to see SCANDAL at the Ekiden & Fan Meeting in Honolulu (and who live outside of Hawaii), please answer these questions:

1. Are you interested in going to Honolulu and seeing SCANDAL at the Ekiden + Fan Meeting?

2. If there were to be a package deal (Fan Meeting+Ekiden admission AND flight+hotel), would you be interested in it?

FYI nothing is happening right now; we're going to ask H.I.S. questions about this and want to have this info ready if they ask for it. Please answer by the end of the week!

I already booked my flight and room (nice place too), so I would rather just get the same deal we got last time and pay for the Fan meeting...

Peace Onion

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:Though I kinda find it a bit unfair that these awesome perks are for "from Japan" fans only, I mean they're going to Hawaii why not also include that for the fans who actually live there/visiting? Just curious Onion Depress

I just mentioned this earlier, but the Fan Meeting the previous time initially wasn't open to people outside of Japan (it was only being offered as part of a vacation package deal from H.I.S., a Japanese travel company). I suppose they thought opening it up to those outside of Japan was a hassle. Who knows. My friends and I here in LA had to fight in order to get us international fans into it by letting H.I.S. offices here know that there were many of us interested in participating in it too, and only then did they let us join. We also did get the same exact perks as the Japanese fans.

Right now, we technically don't know for sure if we will get the same perks (they're slightly different this time), but I think we have a good chance, and a good chance that we will get to participate. At least this time they knew from the get-go that many international fans do want to participate. I'm just waiting on official confirmation from my contact.

Back to top Go down

Fuzz13Panda

Caless Student
Caless Student
1. YES
2. Honestly it would depend on the cost and if it is possible to piece-wise a better deal, but for now YES

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Just got an update from my contact!

It looks like those of us in the USA definitely will be able to join in on the Fan Meeting Tour! My contact says they're going to a meeting regarding the Fan Meeting for US fans and they should be able to give me more details about when and how to sign up.

I'll post again when I get the info.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.