You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: What are the names of your instruments?
Posted Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Sensai Steve

Sensai Steve

International Performer
International Performer
Well, I'm a bassist and I have two bass guitars. They are my pride and joy.

The first one is my cherry red Fender Jazz Bass. This one is particularly special as it was built in 1977 in California, one of the original California Series lines of Jazz basses (serial numbers on the neck tell me that she's number 200 out of 300). I bought it from a junk shop for $100 and it turns out she's worth over $3000, still who knew? Anyways, her name is Cherry. She's mainly used for playing country and certain pop songs.

My next guitar is a modified Yamaha TRB1004. It has a stock Yamaha body but I have added the  just a nut pickups from the Warwick Thumb series, plus a bolt on neck. She's got a gorgeous sound. Her name is Michelle. 

Out of the two, Michelle is my favourite. She has the purest, crispest and deepest sound you can ever hear on a bass. Good for everything except pop and country.

Writers Catalogue

Where The Rubber Meets The Road (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
Front Page (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
To The End Of The World (2014, Scandal Fan fiction).
The importance Of Being Piper (2015, Fallout 4 Fan fiction).
From The West To The East (2016, Fallout New Vegas Fan fiction).

Growth (2016, Novel)
A New Beginning (2019, Novel).
A New Beginning 2: By The Blood Of My Enemies (2019, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 1]: The Ballade Of The Dark Queen (2020, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 2]: The Song Of Male Desire (2021, Novel).
One Night Only (2023, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 3]: A Hermit Out Of Her Shell (TBA-2024, Novel).
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I have 15 guitars and assorted instruments, but I have never thought to name any of them; however I occasionally refer to my main guitar as "Cindy."  It is a cream-colored '73 Fender Stratocaster, and I have had it for over 30 years. 

Cindy was the name of the girl I liked in high school, and I used to tape her picture to my guitar's head stock facing me so I could sing to her when I played.  Yeah, I know, it's corny, but it inspired me to start writing songs.

The guitar is in excellent shape, has a great tone and never goes out of tune.  I can't say the same for the actual Cindy. d\\\\'oh

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:45 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
My two bass guitars only have a name if they go wrong or a string breaks Happy

What are the names of your instruments? - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am

Jaaaaysse

Jaaaaysse

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have multiple guitars! But I've only ever named my first electric Tongue

I named it Kibou (希望) as in hope... I didn't want it to sound feminine since I'm a guy, so I went for Kibou instead of a name like Nozomi, which also means hope!

Music brought a lot of hope into my life, so I hope that by playing Kibou, I could share that hope with the world! 

.clap.

林てお(ジェイ)

世界に希望をありますよ。
本当に、一人じゃないよ!
Nice one
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Rodox

Rodox

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've never named each of them, but I call them all "my girls"

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:39 am

Fox

Fox

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have a modded, upgraded & decked out Scandal guitar.

Squier Jazzmaster Mami Signature Guitar ( aka the Stratomaster ).
+ 1 × Seymour Duncan Little '59 Humbucker
+ 2 × Seymour Duncan Custom Single Coil
+ Fender US 5-Way Electronics Kit
+ Straytrem JM Bridge
+ Fender US JM Tremolo
+ Fender US Locking Head Tuners

The body work on my signature guitar was absolutely mint so I was very happy when I got it. The hardware was so-so but this is to be expected at the price point, so I decided to transform it into a Mami-worthy guitar. Upgraded everything with US / custom parts and give it a proper shielding job. Not a single moment of regret of the money and work that gone into this guitar, the thing absolutely ROCKS.

Her name is Maru~

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:24 am

rize0127

rize0127

Caless Student
Caless Student
My acoustic guitar is named Shun...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 am

fishmcdippers

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
2003 MIM Fender Strat HSS - ハル子 (Haruko) - FLCL/the Pillows got me into playing the guitar, so I thought it was fitting. It's also a shade of blue similar to Rickenbacker's Midnight Blue. 

2015 MIM Fender Strat HH - currently unnamed - I originally wanted to name it まみたす (Mamitasu) but it felt cliché. Now I'm considering naming it ターニャ (Tanya) after the evil protagonist in Youjo Senki because it's got overwound/hot pickups with a dark tone. Still don't know though...I've been considering parting ways with this guitar. The pickups on this HH sound nowhere as pleasing as my HSS or Tele Thinline.

2015 CII Squier Deluxe Dimension Bass IV - currently unnamed - I originally wanted to name it てぃもちゃん (Timo-chan), but that felt cliché as well. I don't have any ideas at the moment though...

2016 MIM Fender Deluxe Telecaster Thinline - 紅姫 (Benihime) - meaning "Crimson Princess" (kinda copied from Bleach manga/anime) because it's candy apple red and my #1/favorite/go-to guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 pm

apparentlygood12

apparentlygood12

Caless Student
Caless Student
2012 MIK Epiphone Les Paul (Blake):
Reference to his color, currently setup to play metalcore. I was synonymous to this guitar in my community in church and practically everywhere.

2011 Rj Rokker (Haru / Harurun):
Named after Haruna as this was the guitar I used when I play rhythm I record and play live.
Currently repainting to a cream-ish cover.

Incoming Ibanez GRG250P / RG470 (Kumiko):
Whichever gets sent to me. It will be the first Floyd Rose guitar in my collection

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 am

Ki-chan

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I named my Keyboard as... Tatsu But it's full name is Tatsujin. :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:42 am

Qgle

Qgle

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't normally name my instruments but my friends named my customized Talman "Byakkun" because it reminded them of Byakuya from Bleach. I had the body customized to be dominantly white with black lining the edges. I'd send a picture but it's back in my house in Japan. Sad

I have an acoustic bass, not sure what brand but it was a gift from my cousin to replace my broken acoustic Ibanez bass. I named that one Mio-chan after, well, Mio from K-on hahahaha.

I decided to name my Bachendorff violin "Emi" after Emiko Queen, Green Arrow's younger half-sister. lol. (Because she uses a bow and a violin also needs a bow. Get it? No? Okay Sad).

Not really planning to name the piano or the drum kit but I'm trying to think of a name for my classical guitar.

What are the names of your instruments? - Page 2 26864512
GoQgleIt~
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:44 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
Named my old acoustic guitar, Chiko (Yamaha F-330). I don't have any story about the name. The name just came out from my mind. But the guitar has story. The guitar was a gift from my friend 10 years ago. Actually it's belong to his father, but his father never played the guitar anymore. My friend can't play guitar at all, so he gave me. That was the best gift from my friend. I keep this guitar until now, and still play the guitar of course. The condition is not as good as 10 years ago, but the sounds still good and I love this guitar.

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Mamimilove17

Mamimilove17

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.wattpad.com/user/EmgeeEyy
Our piano, which i claimed mine, is named Yupi, because it’s an upright.
My one and only guitar is named Lilac, because the color’s purple/violet.
On the other hand, I also name my gadgets and my phone is named Sierra. I’m also thinking of buying a PSP, any suggestions for my new baby’s name?

What are the names of your instruments? - Page 2 Https___78.media.tumblr.com_b189df51d471f09abb76a42c49803534_tumblr_nd64kiWXMB1thskuvo8_250What are the names of your instruments? - Page 2 Tumblr_nd64kiWXMB1thskuvo7_250

Dobondobondo out! Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:20 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
I bought this no-name bass for $20 U.S. from a friend when we needed a bass. All it says is "made in Japan." It does not play well, is spray painted and has broken tuners requiring pliers to tune. The 2nd pickup is a DeArmond someone screwed on. Our bass player was somehow able to get a decent sound out of it. We called it "Thunderstick."What are the names of your instruments? - Page 2 GieXASg

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 am

rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I call my acoustic guitar "Dad" or "Tochan" (which means dad) because it was originally my father's. He left it with me cause he is working overseas and  I'm only a few years older to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:20 am

Sensai Steve

Sensai Steve

International Performer
International Performer
My red Fender Jazz Bass is called Michelle after a girl I knew at college. My black Yamaha TRB-1004 is called Rosie.

Writers Catalogue

Where The Rubber Meets The Road (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
Front Page (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
To The End Of The World (2014, Scandal Fan fiction).
The importance Of Being Piper (2015, Fallout 4 Fan fiction).
From The West To The East (2016, Fallout New Vegas Fan fiction).

Growth (2016, Novel)
A New Beginning (2019, Novel).
A New Beginning 2: By The Blood Of My Enemies (2019, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 1]: The Ballade Of The Dark Queen (2020, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 2]: The Song Of Male Desire (2021, Novel).
One Night Only (2023, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 3]: A Hermit Out Of Her Shell (TBA-2024, Novel).
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:26 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I call my red blood wine Gibson Explorer "Sammy," in honor of Sammy Hagar.

Since I always had a name for my main guitar, a '73 cream Strat (Cindy, see previous post 14 up), I decided to nickname my other Strat a few years ago, which is a pale mint green color.  I initially called it "MAMI" after you-know-who, but within days of purchasing the guitar I saw Haruna with her new Strat and it looked to be the same color, so I changed the name to "HARU."  I then realized her guitar was a faded gray.  Nonetheless, I have stuck with "HURU" ever since.

All my other guitars are still nameless.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:33 pm

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
i have too many guitars to name them all (last official count was 27), but do name some. 

Gretsch white falcon (still on order - been waiting for a year now) - Koe
USA strat melting ice cream replica - Kage (because its only a shadow of the real deal)
Mami signature strat - Apple (because of her signature looking like an apple)
PRS custom 22 - Mincho 
Player precision bass - TIMO
Stingray 5 string - MISA
MIJ mustang MG69 - Azusa (K-On!)
Noventa Strat in daphne blue - Miku (hatsune)
Pro II tele - HARUNA
Bronco bass - Nezuko (shell pink with custom kumiko pattern and red/white checker strap)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.