A book with a catch phrase such as that
With a casual phrase
You painfully become aware that you're living in an SNS society
You "search" as soon as "?" pops into your head
Would you really be okay with that?

RINA

2015-03-23 17:55:40

Book - 2015-03-23 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Book - 2015-03-23 (RINA)
Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:08 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, I don't really have an idea what SNS Society means ._.)
I don't understand a single thing in this entry. I think you'd have to read the book to fully understand what she meant here ._.) Too bad there's no english translation of this book -.-
Well, I think it's about mystery thing again... (Kotaro Isaka is a writer of mystery fiction)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
M wrote:Well, I don't really have an idea what SNS Society means ._.)

SNS = social networking sites (such as Facebook and Twitter). SNS society would mean a society such as the one we're living in right now where SNS are prevalent and part of everyday life, and everyone pretty much knows everything about everyone due to everyone sharing everything about all aspects of their lives. Kind of like that.

Book - 2015-03-23 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
M wrote:Well, I don't really have an idea what SNS Society means ._.)

SNS = social networking sites (such as Facebook and Twitter). SNS society would mean a society such as the one we're living in right now where SNS are prevalent and part of everyday life, and everyone pretty much knows everything about everyone due to everyone sharing everything about all aspects of their lives. Kind of like that.
I see. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:24 am

HarunaRinaChan

HarunaRinaChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Idk if this what she means by "you "search" when you have a ?", but for me when i have a question i basically turn to google first haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My conclusion for the book's meaning//what Rina meant:

Nowadays, people have access to a lot information which is good because they can learn from it. But sometimes, people get too into 'it' that they just stick to learning things with reading them here rather than going outside and experience things and learn from it. Rina's point is probably: Are you okay with 'searching' things this way? Rather than experiencing this, feeling more emotions, and learning from them?

But yeah, this is just my simple piece of mind...
The book is titled 'Modern Times' so I think it really fits the definition of the generation now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Rina's post is why my social media presence is pretty thin. I have a Facebook page, but have very little information on it. I have posted exactly one picture of myself, and it's from 2003. I figure if people want to know things about me, they can ask....

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:07 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am the opposite myself, Social Media is very important to me.
I am a huge Japanese idol fan but there is no way I can meet them in person but using Social media I can talk to them and get to know them as people.

Book - 2015-03-23 (RINA) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:36 pm

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm in the same boat as you saldiven. I don't even have a Facebook page and this is the only forum site I post in Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
eionswolf wrote:I'm in the same boat as you saldiven. I don't even have a Facebook page and this is the only forum site I post in Nice one

I have a friend who is a pharmacist. Shortly after getting her first full-time position, she completely abandoned all forms of social media. She didn't want to risk the position she got through six figures of student loans based on something inappropriate showing up on social media.

I really wonder what Rina's position on this is. I mean, in her line of work, having a heavy social media presence is very important. It's a way to market herself and Scandal as a group, and maintaining the connection to the fans is important. However, I'm sure she has a desire for a degree of privacy, too. I'm sure it's tough to balance that out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Artur

Artur

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500.gif
tonymiller wrote:I am the opposite myself, Social Media is very important to me.
I am a huge Japanese idol fan but there is no way I can meet them in person but using Social media I can talk to them and get to know them as people.
Likewise!! But not only Japanese, with the rest of the world it´s the same! And using SNS we could know much more and continue being fans...

Book - 2015-03-23 (RINA) CWixsdO
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:47 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
saldiven wrote:I really wonder what Rina's position on this is. I mean, in her line of work, having a heavy social media presence is very important. It's a way to market herself and Scandal as a group, and maintaining the connection to the fans is important. However, I'm sure she has a desire for a degree of privacy, too. I'm sure it's tough to balance that out.
I think she just concluded this after reading the book, not necessarily she's in a position of being uncomfortable with social media.
And they write their own blogs and tweets, I don't think they get told when & about what they have to write particularly. They could share what they want to let people know and they could keep what they want to be kept in private.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This was an interesting blog entry from Rina. When I read it at first, I was immediately reminded of the plot from the game, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. In it, various types of information is closely monitored, tightly controlled, and manipulated to suit a certain need. When Rina said that in this current, net-based society, we search for an answer to something as soon as we have a question (Honestly, who hasn't done that?), I couldn't help but think about how easily we have all of this information at our fingertips, and how closely this modern era resembles the world of Sons of Liberty.

The question she poses, "Is this really OK?," is a really good point.

Maybe I overthought that a bit....www
I came really close to recommending the novelization of SoL, but I didn't after reading a synopsis on Modern Times. Apparently, it's part of a series of novels by the author, and SoL's story didn't really fit in...w
That said, Modern Times did actually sound like an interesting read. w

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 am

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Is it okay? I would say no but I'm a shy person so I may be biased. The real problem with "search" is how easy the answer comes. You forget almost as quick. If you have to fight for the answers to your questions they tend to be internalized. As a result they stick with you longer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The saddest part about how easy it is to use internet searches for information is how rarely people bother to conduct such a search, at least where basic, factual information is concerned. I'm not talking about finding out people's personal information, of course. I mean things like historical events, news stories, scientific research, and stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Those are also interesting points...Like how all of this information is easy to come but also easy to go as soon as we're done with it.  It becomes frivolous.

@saldiven, you mean how people on the internet have a lot of knee-jerk reactions to something and comment without having the proper information on a given situation?
That annoys me to no end... (^_^; )

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:28 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MICHIO87 wrote:@saldiven, you mean how people on the internet have a lot of knee-jerk reactions to something and comment without having the proper information on a given situation?
That annoys me to no end... (^_^; )
Seriously, right?

I mean, these people are posting on that very same internet where 5 minutes of research would show everything they wrote is wrong. Makes my head hurt.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.