Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, I am also not a fan of auto-tune but I will wait for the PV.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:25 pm

RyUs4k1

RyUs4k1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was a bit scared when I heard the auto tune but I was pleasantly surprised by this new song.
We feel the musical novelty as rina's playing, with a return of japanese atmosphere song.
The band continues to try several styles and i like it. I loved stamp and I think i'll also love it.

I'll wait the good quality to better appreciate the song and have a better view. Can't wait for the PV !

Last edited by RyUs4k1 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:26 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The rip quality is way too flimsy for me to have a proper opinion (I'm just happy to hear Tomomi's bass flying all around), but I can definitely say that I'll end loving the song. It's exactly the type of positive, bouncy tune I want to hear nowadays.

I get a same vibe that I had with "Taiyō to Kimi ga Egaku Story"  .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:37 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't have a problem with auto-tune when it's used for an artistic purpose and in a limited fashion, so that isn't an issue for me with Sisters.

I only listened to the song once this morning while getting ready for work, so don't have a full opinion yet (I wasn't paying full attention to the music). My initial impression is that I like Stamp more, but that opinion might change after I listen a few more times.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like the song but I don't think it's an amazing song.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Kudos to Rina for nice stamping, but overall? A little meeeeh'ish feeling for me :/ A bit disappointment - hoped for more rockish dance bit. I will wait for B-side with fingers crossed.
This being said - I am still big fan of girls experimenting, searching for their sound - across styles, genres and so on.
And now to listen song for 10th time - maybe something will change in my perceiving? Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:37 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So regarding the cardboard sleeve that comes as the first press bonus. Do you think it's the same type that the album DVD-versions usually have, or is it the more western style flat sleeve?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:40 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Star~world96®️ wrote:
astoriasky wrote:oh well you cant win them all...not feeling "sisters" it doesnt sound like them.
Yeah, it just sounds like every other pop girl group song, nothing really special.  .wew.  Stamp!  sound like any 90s Western rock band,  at least it was different and exotic for them and the Japanese demographic. I don't mind their poppish /danceable songs, they just have to keep my interest and to be honest this song is kinda boring. I don't know where the whole "girl ROCK them came from lol)

Well the guitar parts are cool and I love the volumn of Rina kick pedal, I wish their previous song had loud of a pedal. And I can probably tell it has some encouraging lyrics.
haha this is what I thought at first and I was actually disappointed that it's not that kind of "rock anthem" I thought it would be. Next time, I'm taking these news articles with a grain of salt so that I won't have any expectations because knowing SCANDAL, they can be unpredictable lol. 
After many listen, the song kind of growing on me. I initially thought that the intro would really ruin the whole song cos it sounds like a generic pop beat and thought that would've been of the entire song but as it progresses, I thought that it wasn't that bad but I don't find it that good either; it's just an ok song, and the only thing I'm actually enjoying is the drum patterns as it is more complex than usual in an ordinary song lol

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:01 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
joon wrote:So regarding the cardboard sleeve that comes as the first press bonus. Do you think it's the same type that the album DVD-versions usually have, or is it the more western style flat sleeve?

It'll probably be the same as what the album DVD editions usually have.

It might be like what they did for SAKURA Goodbye where, instead of the CD coming already encased in the extra paper sleeve like the album DVD editions, the bonus sleeve was included separately behind the CD case.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 G03bD4Ms 22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 TjXcfrXs

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like "Sisters"! I've never not liked any of their releases because I enjoy and am open to whatever they put out, but I love how it's a very upbeat and fun-sounding song.

And I also wonder how many times the extras at the video shoot had to listen to the song, haha. I hope I can spot my friend in the finished PV!

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Though im still not liking the song, it does sound like something from a teen girls movie, or a animated kids film (like MLP ) .  I'm surprised it wasn't used in anything like a movie, it could serve the purpose of the movies ending or middle of the movie.  I don't know it sounds like something I've heard before but can't put my finger on it. .sweat. .

I wonder what Tomomi whip up in LIFE IS A JOURNEY, hate the fact that we might have to 3 weeks to hear it.

Tho I'm kinda miss their heavier songs, I hope we get more in the next single or album.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:48 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
saldiven wrote:I don't have a problem with auto-tune when it's used for an artistic purpose and in a limited fashion, so that isn't an issue for me with Sisters.

I actually hear it throughout the entire song. It's one of their producers' clumsier attempts at using auto-tune for its intended purpose, IMO. (They're using it through most of the song to keep Haruna on key.) I can't get into a song where I hear that; I know I'm not really hearing the singer. They didn't really do that at all until Standard, but they did it sparingly on that album. Lately I'm hearing it on all of their singles and it's actually becoming more noticeable, not less.

This is the real scourge of auto-tune. Using it as an artistic effect doesn't bother me; what bothers me is using it to make a singer sound artificially perfect, and in place of just doing multiple takes to get things right.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the B-side, which have been reliably good lately.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 pm

eehbes

eehbes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
While I'm not against bands experimenting their genres, the autotune really turned me off. Felt a bit disappointed for this song. Sad

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 XoxLbEh
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:47 pm

ariksyahbana

ariksyahbana

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://soundcloud.com/ariksyahbana
It sounds happy tune and very upbeat, that's too pop for me. Hope the girls will back with japanese rock tunes on B-Side

.love.   HAIL QUEEN M!!!   .love. 
SCANDAL INDONESIAN FANS

Indonesian fans who are interested to join our SCANDAL INDONESIA FANS group on LINE please feel freely to PM me CANTA Thumbs
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Railgun

Railgun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I can't hear autotune more than in the very beginning of the song... So I think it's okay Happy 
Even if it is, it doesn't annoy me and the song sounds nice to me  Nice one

Waiting for high-quality version of the song!  .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
C'mon guys, don't take it to hard... It's kinda sad to see all this frustration coming from so many fans. I'm not ever saying we all need to love everything they release, but please take it easier. The girls are growing up (so they're not properly "girls" now but women) and finally doing their thing. "Sisters" is not as rockish as the usual stuff, but do we want they to do rockish songs forever? Can we try to enjoy these new experiments? 'Cause, you know, it's about SCANDAL that we're talking. For example, I didn't like "Flashback no.5" at first; it sounded pretty bland and generic (and much more poppier than "Sisters" actually sounds to me). But I give it a lot of tries and now I'm loving sing-along this song (haha), it's so powerful... And I sincerely ask myself why I didn't like (maybe it has something to do with the low quality of radio rips overall).

So, if I may suggest, let's have some more patience, let's give some more chances to this incredibly addictive and shining song. I also don't like the overuse of auto-tune, even if it's for artistic purposes; I mean, I can respect the use for this kind of purpose, but my personal taste states than I'm not that into auto-tunes. Furthermore, what exactly is "overuse"? Because until now we have only a radio rip version; the low quality of "Stamp!" and "Flashback no.5" also sounded heavily auto-tuned to me as well, and now with the HQ songs I honestly can't hear auto-tuned vocals... I might be wrong about that but, if I'm not hearing at all, do this any difference? Well, I prefer to believe in the ability of the girls, and their recent lives can show us that we're kinda of anticipating some worries that can do not exist at all.

Sorry if I'm being silly and/or stupid to some of you, guys, I really didn't want to offend; but I wanted to share some thoughts I'm having since the pre-release of "Stamp!". Maybe we're being a little unfair with the girls' recent works... Let's accept the running of the time, shake our hands and make peace, not war Happy haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:55 am

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

I really do love anything that Scandal puts down music-wise. And Sisters hasn't changed my view at all. I was expecting, something a bit more rock-ish from the various pictures posted up on Instagram. But, I love what came out. 

We got a great song that has great guitar riffs by Mami, Rina's awesome drum patterns, Tomomi's cool bass lines, and Haruna's beautiful vocals. The only thing I'm wondering is if Haruna's vocals during the first verse has a tad bit of auto-tune, the pitch jumped a bit, when she said "kokoro" (I think she said that, not too sure), but to me, it didn't take away from the song a lot, just something I picked up. I loved the Haruna with Mami singing in background build-up and the chorus too, with the combination of the girls's "woaaahs". I really want to watch the video now.  LOVE

Last edited by NikkoNakamura on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:57 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Its pretty good but no "I fell in love with this song" feeling like with Stamp! (at least not yet, it could change with enough time and a proper quality version). Looking forward to the MV.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:06 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -

^^^ Damn that multiple Mami picture is cracking.

Back on topic, my only real 'fear' regarding the latest stuff is the complete absente of Tomomi's lead vocals. The intertwined vocals between Haru and Tomomi have always been the most distinctive thing about them for me so it would be sad if they completely ditched that. It's probably just a coincidence though, let's hope so.

Obviously "Life Is a Journey" will be 100% Tomomi, but I hope it'll be a fully-fledged song and not a charming but ultimately inconsequential ditty like "Nai Nai Night".

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:36 am

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
For once I'm glad that my hearing's bad enough to be unable to hear any of the auto-tune past that beginning portion.  Joking aside, I actually like how poppy, bouncy, and light-hearted the song is, and compared to Stamp!, I enjoyed this song far more with the first listen despite the low quality rip through my headset.

However, I can't shake this feeling that this song would be better off as a B-side to a single rather than the A (not that SCANDAL's B-sides are bad at all).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:40 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If Sisters would have a sweetly-written lyrics, then it will just be perfect. Most SCANDAL songs that I love are based on how meaningful the lyrics are.

As for the B-side, I'm pretty sure it's not like Nai Nai Night haha but that one is also a piece of art imo. It maybe a more serious song written with pure emotion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:19 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Overall, I really like the song!  .clap.

I love Stamp! because of the MV but in terms of the actual music, I think I like this song better.. And the MV looks promising base on the pictures. 

My only rant is that I think Tomomi's voice will suit on this song. And I can't hear the acoustic guitar (or maybe my ears are just the problem here..)

I'm excited for the MV and the B Side..

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:00 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
NikkoNakamura wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is if Haruna's vocals during the first verse has a tad bit of auto-tune, the pitch jumped a bit, when she said "kokoro"

The pitch "jumps" repeatedly throughout the song. Humans don't sound like that. It's become a common sound in pop music these days so a lot of people have gotten used to it, but it's very easy to hear the difference in this song vs. Haruna's natural sound in their earlier recordings. When changing pitch, humans don't ever "lock in" instantly - they naturally pull up or down until they hit it. The best singers can do this quickly but not instantly, and not even the best singers can fully lock in to pitch 100% every single time.

Auto-tune actually has a setting to try to simulate this natural effect, so the auto-tune's not so noticeable if you don't want it to be. The first time I audibly heard auto-tune on a Scandal recording, which was on "Wonderful Tonight", I hoped that they had just had an inexperienced person working on the audio and that even if they continued using it, the effect wouldn't be so noticeable. (It's entirely possible they used it before that, but just did it better.) But it's actually gotten worse IMO. The clumsiness of its use on their recordings is making some of their recent releases hard for me to listen to, including "Sisters". I still have not been able to make it all the way through the song without stopping it.

I honestly don't care that much what else they do with their sound. I know they're going to basically be a rock band, so they can experiment with whatever other sounds they want. I may not like every individual song, but that's ok - I don't like every song from any of my favorite bands. But the auto-tune is pervasive now and it's something I have a pretty big philosophical problem with in a rock band.

People also shouldn't mistake this as a criticism of the band themselves. The band isn't sitting there at the computer adding auto-tune to the vocals. The band is writing the music and performing it and then other people go in and "fix" the stuff the band did, and I just wish those people would stop doing so much of that. I want to hear the band, not a computer. It's actually because I love the band that I hate the auto-tune.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
spacecadet wrote:
NikkoNakamura wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is if Haruna's vocals during the first verse has a tad bit of auto-tune, the pitch jumped a bit, when she said "kokoro"

The pitch "jumps" repeatedly throughout the song. Humans don't sound like that. It's become a common sound in pop music these days so a lot of people have gotten used to it, but it's very easy to hear the difference in this song vs. Haruna's natural sound in their earlier recordings. When changing pitch, humans don't ever "lock in" instantly - they naturally pull up or down until they hit it. The best singers can do this quickly but not instantly, and not even the best singers can fully lock in to pitch 100% every single time.

Auto-tune actually has a setting to try to simulate this natural effect, so the auto-tune's not so noticeable if you don't want it to be. The first time I audibly heard auto-tune on a Scandal recording, which was on "Wonderful Tonight", I hoped that they had just had an inexperienced person working on the audio and that even if they continued using it, the effect wouldn't be so noticeable. (It's entirely possible they used it before that, but just did it better.) But it's actually gotten worse IMO. The clumsiness of its use on their recordings is making some of their recent releases hard for me to listen to, including "Sisters". I still have not been able to make it all the way through the song without stopping it.

I honestly don't care that much what else they do with their sound. I know they're going to basically be a rock band, so they can experiment with whatever other sounds they want. I may not like every individual song, but that's ok - I don't like every song from any of my favorite bands. But the auto-tune is pervasive now and it's something I have a pretty big philosophical problem with in a rock band.

People also shouldn't mistake this as a criticism of the band themselves. The band isn't sitting there at the computer adding auto-tune to the vocals. The band is writing the music and performing it and then other people go in and "fix" the stuff the band did, and I just wish those people would stop doing so much of that. I want to hear the band, not a computer. It's actually because I love the band that I hate the auto-tune.
Now, I completely agree. I really don't like it when they make Haruna auto-tuned, the beginning was fine, I can completely see the purpose for that, to set the mood, etc. I'm not biased or anything, but what caught my attention was Haruna's vocals. Let's face is, Haruna's voice is so godly, it's amazing. So it kind of had me listening back and forth here because I noticed something a bit different. But in my opinion, I still love the song, and will continue forth to listen to it.

The band is doing the hard work writing the songs and creating the sound. I don't think the auto-tune would be that noticeable when we're hearing it in the PV, or on the actual single itself, since this is only an audio rip. But I agree with you on the last statement. I love how Scandal sings their songs, and performs them, so I'm not really too keen if there will be auto-tune.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:35 am

Tomomi World

Tomomi World

Caless Student
Caless Student
Can't wait to watch sister pv >.<

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
At the first listening, I was surprised. I expected a rock sound, so suddenly it slowed me a bit. But in the 2nd 3rd listening, knowing what sound it was, I better appreciated and I will like to end Hohoho Onion

After a musical point of view, I prefer Stamp through Mami's riffs.
I expected to hear the B-side, because often they are well, and see the PV's going to be nice .uhuh.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 6 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.