Go down

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 [Page 23 of 23]

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:04 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, that's true too.  I forgot that a lot of artists just aren't available in certain markets.... Facepalm
I heard YELLOW did well overseas, possibly in regions where the other artists aren't available.

Well, I'm glad did well.  Unfortunately, it wasn't as good sale-wise (a lot of artists aren't nowadays) as their previous releases, but still, a solid effort for their first self-produced album.

(I'm glad I'm not one to worry about sales, ranking, and figures....I'd probably be a bit worried by now.... :v )

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 12:58 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For the past 2 weeks, Silent Siren's S has surpassed SCANDAL's YELLOW on the Oricon Charts. However, YELLOW has still sold more copies overall.

This week, YELLOW is at #279 with 310 copies sold.
Total Sales: 38,369 copies

Also, this week, S is at #259 with 327 copies sold.
Total Sales: 28,421 copies.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat May 07, 2016 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed it a bit for clarity.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 11:30 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That makes no sense to me.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 23 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 2:43 pm

dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I guess it's quite logic: within last two weeks silent siren's album has sold better than SCANDAL's. But overall "YELLOW" has sold better. Or maybe i am wrong this time as well :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 7:10 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@mio_akiyama I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain it correctly

@dampf, that's quit right Happy

I already modified that post

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 08, 2016 3:48 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
No need to apologise, sometimes I'm just daft.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 am

Tenkenkid

Tenkenkid

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I have just listened to the album from start to finish twice and I'm not really feeling it. It will probably grow in me as I listen to it more but right now, it felt lacking in cohesiveness. Seems like it wants to try different things but doesn't excel in something in particular, none of the songs had a really strong impression in me and that's a first for ANY of their albums. Not to sound pessimistic but this is probably their weakest album to date.

Highlights for me so far are: Suki-Suki, Love, and Heaven na Kibun. Happy  I will keep listening as I wouldn't say it is a bad album..it just has a really relaxed and experimental feeling. Anyway, SUKIANDARU 4EVER!!!

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 23 Sig10

I'll repaint reality with the ideals I imagined
A new start is always kicking off
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:08 am

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Tenkenkid
Looks like album strong point from my point of view are weakness in Your eyes Wink
I like that diversity a lot. A sign of growth and search for sound best suited for them.
And there is one thing that glue all songs together - optimism. I can't keep myself from smiling every time I listen to Yellow. Give it time - after many repeats I can even listen to Sisters without wincing Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:14 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
What PPPeter said. It took me a while to like the album as well, but I love it now.
Yes, it is different than their previous albums, because with the other albums there was still a lot of input from other people.
Yes, there is a lot of diversity, where they are opening up to all possibilities - from Grunge to Reggae is extremely diverse!
Maybe it is still an experimental album, but it's THEIR album, and that's what makes it unique from the other ones up till now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 pm

dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I need to agree about diversity and positive vibes with PPPeter. I would as well add the fact that YELLOW has such springish or even summerish scent. It is not maybe an album with only awesome songs (i totally do not like "Konya wa Pizza Party" and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY") but it as finally a proper opener and such emotional song as "Chiisano Honoo". Is it better than STANDARD? Hard to say... But i am really happy about the fact that girls want to improve their music and skills. LP8 can ba a masterpiece.

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:24 am

Tenkenkid

Tenkenkid

Caless Student
Caless Student
@PPPeter 

I'll keep giving it time as it wouldn't be the first time an album grows in me as time goes by. "Yellow" is definitely a proper name for the album though! I can feel the optimism! :D

@mio_akiyama

I'm not against them experimenting different sounds and I'm glad this is THEIR album. But as an album, I'm not blown away as I was with BEST SCANDAL or Standard. Maybe this is a necessary step in their creative growth for the girls to reach new heights! I hope they take to heart everything they've learned by making this album and blows us away with album #8!

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 23 Sig10

I'll repaint reality with the ideals I imagined
A new start is always kicking off
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I hope they take to heart everything they've learned by making this album and blows us away with album #8!

I'm sure you'll like their new single then Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 am

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Tenkenkid
Bear in mind that we are also not the same people we were when we first time listen to BEST SCANDAL or Standard. We got used to some level and demand more. It is natural, one can say it is subconscious even Wink Also memories of past tends to have higher value than present. I suspect that You could have been blown away by Yellow few years back. I most likely would. Tongue

PS. All this of course IM(not-so ;P)HO

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Some people say that good art elicits both strong positive and negative reactions. I'd say Yellow is definitely doing that as well as the new single "Take Me Out".  
I've found that our strongest image of a band as well as our favorite stuff comes from the first material we've heard of theirs.  If Best Scandal or Standard was the first thing you've heard from Scandal, then Yellow definitely differs compared to those albums.  But if you are really a fan of their music, I'd think you'd want them to grow and expand their sound, as long as it is a natural growth and not the band trying to force a new sound or sound like whatever is popular at the moment.  I also appreciate experimentation.  It may not always work, but I'm glad for the effort.  The great vocals, attitude, and joy of the ladies still comes out in the new material and they still rock hard live.  Aren't those some of the main reasons we love Scandal?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.