ESBL-2438 (DVD)
¥5,000

ESXL-92 (Blu-ray)
¥6,000

CDJapan:
DVD
Blu-ray

6th Live DVD - 「SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 『PERFECT WORLD』」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

6th Live DVD - 「SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 『PERFECT WORLD』」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
I want this but just don't have the funds for it right now. Wahhh!  Guess I'll have to wait.

Back to top Go down
TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I'll just wait and buy the Region 3 version DVD in November instead.

6th Live DVD - 「SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 『PERFECT WORLD』」 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer

6th Live DVD - 「SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 『PERFECT WORLD』」 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down
Drakis07

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
The tracklist was so impressive and interesting that i've ordered the blue-ray quickly. Now just waiting to my copy to be shipped and hoping that it's soon since it was released the 13th and we are the 17th april.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Mine's on the way, though I'll probably receive it early next week. I own all their live discs, and I imagine I will keep buying them as long as they keep putting them out.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Got mine, watched it all the way through. My thoughts:

Having intentionally watched only part of the TV broadcast of this show (knowing a disc version would be coming), the concert itself was better than I initially expected. I think we're all used to their arena shows being big, splashy affairs at this point, and this one clearly isn't that right from the beginning. In fact, in some ways it's actually less flashy than the regular hall tour show I saw them at on the Standard tour.

But the set list turns out to be really interesting and many of the songs I don't particularly care for on the studio albums actually sound really good live. "Kill the Virgin" is probably the best example of that, and "Sisters" is another one that I already knew about. "Suki Suki" also sounds the way I think it always should have here; it's got too much going on on the album. (Tomomi's also awesome during that song - she goes nuts on that bass in a couple parts!) Some songs that I do like on the recordings but that I thought might sound awkward live don't - they sound great. "Life is a Journey" is one such song.

I do think the band themselves occasionally look a little bored and don't move around as much as I'm used to seeing, and there's a little bit of a lack of "specialness" to the overall atmosphere. But in some ways that's a return to the style of their older live DVD's, which were just supposed to show them as you'd see them at any regular show.

The disc is really long too, and it's always seemed to me that they hold back a little bit and also have some obvious "break" songs to make it through these long shows. So occasionally things do drag a little, but then they pick up again when they get to a really energetic song. It's almost like they have certain songs marked that they know they have to play with maximum energy to pick the crowd back up again. It's not only all the fast songs - some fast songs like "Image" and "Onegai Navigation" I feel drag a bit too, and are a little slower than they should be.

But songs like "Your Song", "Shoujo S", of course "Scandal Baby", "Doll" and "Taiyou Scandalous" just make people nuts and you can feel that at home just watching the disc.

Sound-wise I think Haruna's guitar is mixed too low, and there's also some muddiness to the vocals, but it definitely sounds better than the TV version. There's also some auto-tune but it's not anywhere near the clumsiness of "Wonderful Tonight" - I actually had to go back and compare the disc to the TV footage this time to verify it was really there. (I suspected it was, but there's no T-Pain style robo-vocals where there aren't supposed to be, and they even let Haruna stay au-naturel and slightly off-key a few times.) So it probably won't bother too many people here. It sounds more like the "Scandal vs. Budokan" disc, which I'm guessing has some auto-tune as well (and I know it has some lip-syncing) but without a live TV broadcast to compare it to, you can't really tell.

Anyway, as I said before I buy all their live discs because they are really a live band, and seeing them live is one of the great pleasures in life. I'm pretty happy with this disc; happier than I expected to be.

Back to top Go down
Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
DVD general #10
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dg/d/2016-04-17/
DVD music #5
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dm/d/2016-04-17/
Blu-ray general #9
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/bd/d/2016-04-17/

DVD general #17
DVD music #11

first week rankings
DVD general #5
DVD music #5 (2,897 copies)
Blu-ray general #7
Blu-ray music #4 (2,407 copies)

SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 "PERFECT WORLD" total sales first week 5,304 copies

6th Live DVD - 「SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 『PERFECT WORLD』」 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Just watched my copy of the disc. I noticed some audio track was replaced to fix the mistake at the concert.
At the WOWOW broadcast, Mami messed up a couple of power chords at the mid of "Your Song" and the solo of "Scandal Baby" but you can't hear that on the disc.
Not sure if that is overdubbing or maybe they fix it with the audio from the first night.
Any way, this kind of procedure is pretty common. Steve Vai said in an interview that he spend lot of time in the studio doing overdub for his live DVD.

Back to top Go down
dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Metal Mickey wrote:At the WOWOW broadcast, Mami messed up a couple of power chords at the mid of "Your Song" and the solo of "Scandal Baby" but you can't hear that on the disc.
Have they changed as well her solo in "Shoujo S"? From what i remember from the broadcast she even realized that first note was not correct (judging from her face only).

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
dampf wrote:
Metal Mickey wrote:At the WOWOW broadcast, Mami messed up a couple of power chords at the mid of "Your Song" and the solo of "Scandal Baby" but you can't hear that on the disc.
Have they changed as well her solo in "Shoujo S"? From what i remember from the broadcast she even realized that first note was not correct (judging from her face only).

I always thought she made that face cuz of the high screech sound of the guitar, after Haruna's solo, never thought it was a mistake.

I noticed that they tuned up Rina kick pedal bass sound, which was barely audible on the Wowow version. One of the very few good things I like about the DVD live editions of their concerts.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Star~world96® wrote:I noticed that they tuned up Rina kick pedal bass sound, which was barely audible on the Wowow version.  One of the very few good things I like about the DVD live editions of their concerts.

At the shows I've gone to but especially at the first Budokan show, her kick drum was actually really powerful. I could feel it in my chest at Budokan. So I think this is a shortcoming of the WOWOW broadcasts rather than an enhancement on the disc - she does kick that thing pretty strongly.

To be honest, while the WOWOW broadcasts feature their natural singing and no "fixed" mistakes, the overall sound quality is usually pretty bad. I'm not sure how WOWOW is capturing the sound but it's always very thin. I imagine for the discs they're getting the raw sound recorded straight through the board and then adding in reverb, crowd sounds and other effects later to mimic the sound you would have actually heard as part of the audience. WOWOW seems like they're probably actually just using mics out in the crowd, which ironically isn't going to capture the sound of being there quite as well because then the microphones themselves are the limiting factor.

This disc, like the last couple, has a little too much reverb for my tastes. But judging from what I heard at the first Budokan show, I think this probably sounds closer to what this show really sounded like (minus the auto-tune and overdubs) than the WOWOW broadcast did.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.