This is the 16th cover project for SHCB. Hope you enjoy this effects-laden fun vid of SHCB as a four-piece - two firsts for SHCB!
DRUMS - marcoatendido
BASS/BACKING VOCAL - madeindar
LEAD GUITAR/BACKING VOCAL - Kevindas
RHYTHM GUITAR/MAIN VOCAL – Miss Demise
MIXING - Kevindas
VIDEO EDITING - astuffds, gitla27
- Bla bla bla:
- This may well be a tl;dr post but please read the entire post before applying.
HOW THE PROJECT SHALL PROCEED
1. Once the positions in the band have been filled, the recording of the cover shall commence.
2. Following recent points bandied about in the General Discussion thread ( http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t7772-general-discussion ), some aspects of the recording shall be made slightly more flexible but shall be moderated/facilitated as to not make this project go longer than we'd like it to be.
3. Band persons, apart from the person on vocal duties, shall record their parts in this order DRUMS -> BASS -> RHYTHM GUITAR -> LEAD GUITAR, with each person having 10 days to complete their part.
4. However, if any of the band persons on a musical instrument want to get on to lay down their tracks earlier than their stipulated time for recording, they are free to get on with it.
5. The vocal tracks are best done last, and preferably done with the actual minus one SHCB mix of the cover as a guiding track (which shall be made available). Vocal guides may be made available should you wish to have one (this will require the assistance of SHCB members who can provide one).
6. The recorded audio and video tracks are to be provided in the best ever quality you can muster as this helps greatly with the finished cover. For audio, think WAV/AIFF files 16 or 24 bit, and video of at least 720p 30 fps (any camera phone should be able to do even 1080p these days). If you can avoid it, please try not using anything less to avoid jerkiness of your video image (think video messages from astronauts on a space station in orbit). And if your camera is a smartphone, landscape please and not portrait! haha.
7. Once you are done with your part, please upload your respective files into an easily accessible file-sharing site (eg Mediafire) and post the link in this thread below, or PM kudo_maharizu or marcoatendido if you prefer.
8. Those on an instrument should also include a mix of his/her instrument with those that had been recorded prior to his/her take, so as the next person may do the same. eg the rhythm guitarist sends two files - one of just the rhythm guitar, and another of the rhythm guitar mixed with the bass and drums.
Added creative freedom in your playing is encouraged but please keep within the remit of the song. The band may want to add a whole new twist to the song, but please discuss together to make it work.
If the cover is done as per the original recording (like most of the past SHCB projects), people may record along the original SCANDAL track, and if you wish to be creative and do your own interpretation, you are nevertheless free to do so within the limits of the original SCANDAL recording - eg a drummer performing a Bonham triplet in the breakbeat where RINA didn't do one. If it is way out of line, you'll hear from the rest of band haha.
Last but not least, the deadline system in point (3) above is a relatively recent introduction to how we work in SHCB to prevent a project going much longer than it should. To reiterate, whilst it is understandable that life goes on with work/college/school etc if you think you may not be able to keep a tab on the project's progress, please apply in the next project when you think you may have some more free time.
If for some reason there is a delay, please tell your band mates on the thread or on PM. It beats waiting for weeks on end not knowing where your missing band mate is.
And may I recommend switching on the email alert bit on your SH preference so as to know if this thread is updated.
Tabs for the song can be found on the internet. Should you wish for the score from the YELLOW official band score, I'd be happy to provide a phone scan.
Last edited by kudo_maharizu on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 pm; edited 13 times in total