kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

peaceharu wrote:the store where i ordered my Haru Tele told me that Fender Japan will discontinue these sig models at the end of the year, have any of you guys heard this? can't find a trustworthy source  .lol.

As far as I can see they are still listed in the Fender JP site. Guitar stores in Japan are likelier to be in the know - therefore, I think that info you got should be reliable. Unlike the cheaper Squier sigs, I don’t see these selling like hot cakes as much due to multiple (possible) factors one of which is the price. They are easily found in the resale market too possibly due to buyer’s remorse... 😅

The seller didn’t offer an alternative courier service (eg FEDEX)?

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models
Posted Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote: Unlike the cheaper Squier sigs, I don’t see these selling like hot cakes as much due to multiple (possible) factors one of which is the price. They are easily found in the resale market too possibly due to buyer’s remorse... SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f605.png?v=2.2

Could anyone point me to where I could get a Haruna Tele (preferably brand new, not used) from a reliable source? 

As kudo_maharizu said above, used to see many listings of it (both new and used) on eBay and Amazon, but they all seem to be gone now when I've finally made space to buy it  SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f625 (save for one listing on eBay but description seems to indicate visible wear and tear?)  

Perhaps Japanese fans are also hearing of the sigs being discontinued and buying the Haru Tele and Tomomi P-bass up. Though still see quite a few of Mami's Strat listings.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Try Rakuten - I checked just this minute there are four of them.

I dropped by the site for ikebe where I bought them when they were first released - nothing left! They were in stock for more than a year but not anymore.

Good luck!

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@Steadystate

I don't know what country you're in, but here are two options for you to consider:

https://reverb.com/item/27797259-fender-telecaster-ltd-haruna-ono-signature-japan-only-arctic-white-w-matching-h-s

https://www.mmguitarbar.com/listing/2018-fender-scandal-haruna-signature-telecaster-custom-double-bound-japan-mij/28517216

Whenever I buy gear on-line I like to go through Reverb.com or Sweetwater.com (but Sweetwater won't have this one).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I love Reverb - a blessing, and a pain at the same time. 

Interesting to see that the Tele on that Reverb ad is from the UK. The UK isn’t exactly a hotbed for Japanese artist signature guitars.

BTW not sure if you were recommending those sites to steadystate or actually pointing out those actual guitars because both of them are no longer available.

@steadystate - I think I know where you’re at, reading your past posts. Swee Lee KL had it just this February. Unfortunately both KL and SG stores no longer have it in stock. Still no harm in making enquiries. Good luck! (I bought my TOMOMI bass in KL  as at that time there was a ban on rosewood affecting import of guitars from Japan to the UK)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
My morning coffee must not have kicked in yet.  I completely missed the postings stating they were no longer available.  Sorry, @steadystate.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you both kudo_maharizu and Don Dio for all your help!  SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f600 Swee Lee was the very first place I enquired at earlier this year, but they said they had no idea when they'd get stock and would inform me when they did. I was ok to just continue to wait, until peaceharu posted above about the series being discontinued end 2020 and that got me panicky cos that's just 4 months away lol.

I don't know why the Rakuten listings never came up before in my previous searches  SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f605 , but now that I know of them will definitely try to buy from there and have one shipped! Fingers crossed! SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f600

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:11 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
No worries.

A bit academic here but since Swee Lee has a presence in both countries, if they have it in stock in KL there shouldn't be any issues of them the SG HQ getting the guitar across.

Re: RAKUTEN - the global market they used to do has changed slightly now and they offer a middleman service similar to that to FromJapan dot com. When I buy my stuff, I use FromJapan which has RAKUTEN listed as one of the portals I can do my online shopping from.

The middleman page for overseas buyers - https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/

RAKUTEN Ichiba the marketplace. BTW there are now THREE pieces available - https://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/scandal+haruna+fender/

Enjoy.

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:44 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

At least two of the large musical instrumentalist chains I've used in Japan also deal with overseas customers:

https://www.ishibashi-music.jp/
https://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/cmShopTopPage1En.html

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:40 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
wildthing wrote:At least two of the large musical instrumentalist chains I've used in Japan also deal with overseas customers:

https://www.ishibashi-music.jp/
https://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/cmShopTopPage1En.html

I've to correct you slightly there. While it's true Ishibashi deals with overseas orders, it is only for second hand guitars. Been looking at their stuff for years now. ikebe on the other hand sells you both new and second hand instruments, and I have bought more than just SCANDAL-related stuff from them.

BTW as I had posted earlier, ikebe doesn't have any of the SCANDAL Fender sigs except for one MAMI red Strat in stock anymore.

They've got RINA Pearl drum sticks or the SCANDAL Vital Audio guitar cables if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:RAKUTEN Ichiba the marketplace. BTW there are now THREE pieces available - https://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/scandal+haruna+fender/
Thank you SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f603 

If anyone is also wondering: seems the Rakuten listings are all for pre-order. When I enquired at another Japanese site that was also taking pre-orders, the seller replied to say there will be new stock in December (presumably the very last batch before the series is discontinued) but to get one you'll have to pre-order now. 

I don't know whether this means there's too much demand such that to get one you have to reserve it, or there's too little demand such that sellers aren't willing to order it without any pre-orders. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 am

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Steadystate wrote:
kudo_maharizu wrote:RAKUTEN Ichiba the marketplace. BTW there are now THREE pieces available - https://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/scandal+haruna+fender/
Thank you SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f603 

If anyone is also wondering: seems the Rakuten listings are all for pre-order. When I enquired at another Japanese site that was also taking pre-orders, the seller replied to say there will be new stock in December (presumably the very last batch before the series is discontinued) but to get one you'll have to pre-order now. 

I don't know whether this means there's too much demand such that to get one you have to reserve it, or there's too little demand such that sellers aren't willing to order it without any pre-orders. Lol.
I think i was also affected by this, since the store like ran out of stocks "suddenly" (i really don't know how and why haha this is so frustrating) and said their store can only get 5 guitars on the last batch.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:41 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
So, peaceharu - your order is still “out there”? Gosh, it’s been ages. I hope they’ve not taken your money yet.

I don’t know about all of you but if this is the case go for the resale market. What’s a little mark on the bodywork (adds character IMHO). Of course, don’t buy it if the neck’s broken but resale guitars are fine, really.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:28 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Swee Lee just published an interview with Scandal here a few days ago. The band members talk about their Signature Fenders (nothing we don't already know) but Haruna also mentions her new Acoustasonic.

imo the timing of this interview is really weird lol cos Swee Lee has been carrying those guitars since 2018 but only chose to get Scandal to talk about them now, just before the series is going to be discontinued  SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f602

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:42 pm

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
@kudo_maharizu the painful part is that my guitar is already fully paid hahaha! been asking updates about when will they get stocks, they replied the other day that it would be this september to october (estimated) i really hope that, that is true hahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
peaceharu wrote:@kudo_maharizu the painful part is that my guitar is already fully paid hahaha! been asking updates about when will they get stocks, they replied the other day that it would be this september to october (estimated) i really hope that, that is true hahaha

Which store did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:42 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Just an update on the stock, as I had some fans asking for an update.

On the Fender Japan website:
Haruna and Mami fender are out of stock.
Tomomi fender is still available.

Many of the retailers are now dwindling in stock, currently Haruna's Telecaster seems to be fewer in stock.

Ishibashi has a Fender sale which includes Mami's
Haruna/Tomomi's are not in this promotion.

MAMI STRATOCASTER 115,000yen Include tax
https://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/03-313667700

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 am

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

My Haruna Tele just got onhand on the store where i ordered it from (fresh from factory they said) probably some stores will go in stock soon too. SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 12151310

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Congrats! I managed to place an order for one too, am waiting for good news this Christmas SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 4 1f601

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:03 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Update: for folks who have Swee Lee music stores in your country, it seems Haru's Telecaster is back in stock!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Steadystate wrote:Update: for folks who have Swee Lee music stores in your country, it seems Haru's Telecaster is back in stock!

Nice! So, I guess Christmas arrived early for you, then?

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update for Japan, the Fenders seems to be available via made to order from many Japanese stores so now takes up to a couple of months to be made/delivered.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:25 am

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
mine arrived!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:41 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
peaceharu wrote:mine arrived!

Omedetō! It'll be worth the long wait. Get a proper hard case as the Fender gig bag is ridiculously flimsy for a sig series guitar...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:
Steadystate wrote:Update: for folks who have Swee Lee music stores in your country, it seems Haru's Telecaster is back in stock!
Nice! So, I guess Christmas arrived early for you, then?

Grin
Yes it has! 

Will share some thoughts on the more "controversial" parts of the guitar:

• 7.25" fret radius and vintage neck shape. I've seen fans say this is a turnoff for them, but so far for me it's actually been more comfortable to play than my other guitars. So it's really to each his/her own. (Haruna probably has tiny hands since she's only 153cm tall; if she can play it comfortably it shouldn't be an issue for anyone with bigger hands than her.)
  • 21 frets. This is not that big a deal for me since I seldom play that low down the neck (and obviously Haruna too), but folks who are used to 22 or more frets may really dislike this.
  • Maple neck. Feels nicer than my other guitars' rosewood necks, but that may be because they are worn and not well-maintained at all lol.
  • White in colour. I have a white Ibanez PGM30 that turned a very sickly and uneven yellow very quickly, so I've since been wary of white guitars. But who knows with this one? Lol.
  • 3.5kg weight. You can get Telecasters at 3kg so this might be on the heavier side for a Tele, but it's not a significant difference especially if you're used to even heavier ones like Les Pauls.
  • Not-so-good accessories. As Kudo said above, it comes in a flimsy bag -- no biggie for bedroom players, but for anyone else a sturdier bag/case might give you more peace of mind. Strings started to rust just after two weeks -- expected better but still no biggie, can just change them out. 

Ended up paying more for the guitar than I needed to (local stores were out of stock for almost a year, I finally had one shipped from Japan, just when I received it local stores got it back in stock  lol)... but still, no regrets cos it's a great guitar to play. 

Bonus that it looks amazing too; gold hardware isn't usually my thing but it really works on this guitar. 
.chesttap.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum