kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

You are indeed right, there. The HARU sig is the best looking of the three. Even for the Squier range, I think the Skullsilver looked the best. When I bought the Squier set, the Skullsilver didn't need setting up. Playability was superb from the get go. The tone was great and I didn't even upgrade her pickups.

MAMI's Stratomaster on the other hand... Grin

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models
Posted Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:16 pm

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
How are your gold hardwares holding up after a year? I haven't played mine much with the fear of tarnishing the gold hardware 😅 it still plays great no set up done from the day i acquired it last year and still play the same to this day. This is a haruna tele btw 😅

I got a used red mami strat, it was quite a bargain so i didn't refuse it. Plus from where i live, you'll never or barely see that thing😅 but yeah the gold is all tarnished and some gold coating of the saddles are gone. Small dings here and there but who cares anymore it's mami's sig! 😅

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:04 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
peaceharu wrote:How are your gold hardwares holding up after a year? I haven't played mine much with the fear of tarnishing the gold hardware 😅 it still plays great no set up done from the day i acquired it last year and still play the same to this day. This is a haruna tele btw 😅

I got a used red mami strat, it was quite a bargain so i didn't refuse it. Plus from where i live, you'll never or barely see that thing😅 but yeah the gold is all tarnished and some gold coating of the saddles are gone. Small dings here and there but who cares anymore it's mami's sig! 😅

You should be able to get some authentic fender parts to replace warn out keys etc.

Also an environmental thing, I believe fans living in areas with high heat/humidity tend to have discolouration first, my 3 fenders still looking good.

Back to top Go down

SCANDAL's New Signature Fender Models
Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:25 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 BBHc31d
SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 A3FJzaF
SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 YcFtNWY

SCANDAL's newest line of signature models will be released on August 21st!

・HARUNA TELECASTER BOOST - 187,000 yen

・MAMI STRATOCASTER OMOCHI - 187,000 yen

・ TOMOMI JAZZ BASS - 187,000 yen

Also being released are original straps with SCANDAL's logo on it. (I called this back in October lol)

Overseas fans who'd like to purchase any of these instruments/straps can do so via Ikebe!

SCANDAL'S SIGNATURE INSTRUMENTS

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 01-scandal-signature-2022-hero

In 2017, SCANDAL signed an endorsement deal with Fender, making them the first Japanese female artist to do so, and announced their signature models during that same year. Five years later, HARUNA, MAMI, and TOMOMI, who are celebrating the 14th anniversary of their major debut this year, have each created instruments they currently want the most with their own particularities, entering as latest signature models.

Sales start August 21, 2022

HARUNA TELECASTER BOOST

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 02-scandal-signature-2022-a

As its name suggests, the HARUNA TELECASTER BOOST is a Telecaster guitar that condenses HARUNA's commitment to support SCANDAL's songs, which are rich in variety from ballads to pop styles, to hard-rock tunes. The body features original pearl binding over Arctic White, and gives off a beautiful impression with the combination of silver hardware and matching headstock. Mahogany is selected for the material of the body, and the combination of the Adjusto-Matic bridge and two Shawbucker pickups creates a hard, thick sound that has never been heard before. Additionally, the maple neck with a block inlay unified with the body binding has a satin finish, and the slim neck grip and vintage-style frets provide smooth playability.

HARUNA TELECASTER BOOST
MSRP: 187,000 yen (tax included)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-a-0

I really liked the shape and tone of my previous signature guitar, which I used so much for concerts that it'd be the only one that I'd use. This "HARUNA TELECASTER BOOST" was completed with the desire to create a more powerful guitar that can handle SCANDAL's early songs! My previous guitar was white and gold, and this time it is a white and silver one that has a stylish finish that is easy for people of all ages and genders to use. Since it is a very easy-to-use guitar for guitar beginners, I'd like for them to pick one up! (HARUNA)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-a-1

The body features original pearl binding over Arctic White, and gives off a beautiful impression with the combination of silver hardware and matching headstock. Mahogany is selected for the material of the body, and the combination of the Adjusto-Matic bridge and two Shawbucker pickups creates a hard, thick sound that has never been heard before.

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-a-2

The maple neck with a highly-playable satin finish is equipped with a vintage-style tuner. The back of the headstock features an autograph as proof of it being a signature model.

MAMI STRATOCASTER OMOCHI

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 02-scandal-signature-2022-b

This product's name "OMOCHI" was given by MAMI herself from its traditional Japanese design and body color designed for the pickups, as well as its sound. In addition to it giving off a soft appearance from its first impression, it features a powerful and core tone that is crucial for SCANDAL's songs, and a clean tone that is soft and supple like mochi. The body shape which features an archtop and binding is covered with a vintage white matching headstock for a look brimming with originality. The "Mami Custom Humbucking" pickups, engraved with geometric patterns designed by MAMI herself, support a surprisingly wide range of genres, from deep distortion to glittering, clean tones. Additionally, it is a Stratocaster guitar that realizes MAMI's ideals of considering practicality on stage: its master volume and master tone knobs placed at the position of the normal tone knob so as not to interfere with hard playing, and a tremolo bridge with 2-point support that stabilizes tuning.

MAMI STRATOCASTER OMOCHI

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-b-0

Since the tones of SCANDAL's songs are expanding, I wanted one guitar that could handle it all - That's why this "MAMI STRATOCASTER OMOCHI" was made. This time I chose a Stratocaster equipped with a humbucker, and I was very particular about the sound so that I could hear everything from powerful sounds to refreshing and gorgeous tones. Normal Strats have three knobs, but this one has two so that it's easy to play at concerts. Also, the traditional Japanese design on the pickups was designed by me! Please take a look and check it out! (MAMI)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-b-1

The "Mami Custom Humbucking" pickups, engraved with geometric patterns designed by MAMI herself, support a surprisingly wide range of genres, from deep distortion to glittering, clean tones. Additionally, the master volume and master tone knobs are placed where normal tone knob positions would be, so as not to interfere with hard play. The tremolo bridge with 2-point support stabilizes tuning, giving consideration to practicality on stage.

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-b-2

The maple neck with a highly-playable satin finish is equipped with a vintage-style tuner. The surface is the same color as the body, and the back of the headstock features an autograph as proof of it being a signature model.

TOMOMI JAZZ BASS

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 02-scandal-signature-2022-c

The most distinctive feature of the TOMOMI JAZZ BASS is the original body color "Clear Fiesta." This finish that features a traditional impression but has a transparent wood grain finish was completed by TOMOMI herself. The combination of a mint green pickguard, a cream-colored pickup cover, and a stack knob found on the very early Jazz Basses of 1960-61 gives it an unprecedented look. To improve playability, an alder body and a vintage-style bridge were selected for the thick and chewy classic tone output by the Pure Vintage ‘64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass, and the neck incorporates modern elements such as a slim "C" grip with a 9.5" radius.

TOMOMI JAZZ BASS

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-c-0

Because my previous signature model was a Precision Bass, I chose a Jazz Bass this time. I really like the original body color, the thing I was the most particular about, which was completed after many meetings with the Fender team! I also like the use of stack knobs from the early 60s, which I had wanted to use someday. It has a thick sound but has a modern neck, so although it has a powerful sound it is easy to play, and truly is an instrument that the best of everything! (TOMOMI)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-c-1

"Clear Fiesta" is used for the body color. This finish that features a traditional impression but has a transparent wood grain finish was completed by TOMOMI herself. The combination of a mint green pickguard, a cream-colored pickup cover, and a stack knob found on the very early Jazz Basses of 1960-61 gives it an unprecedented look.

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Scandal-signature-2022-c-2

The maple neck with a highly-playable satin finish is equipped with a vintage-style tuner. The back of the headstock features an autograph as proof of it being a signature model.

SCANDAL SIGNATURE STRAPS

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 02-scandal-signature-2022-strap

These straps and their specifications, colors, and designs were produced under the supervision of HARUNA, MAMI, and TOMOMI with the intent of using them with their signature models. These high-quality products from the US are made from uniqe, high-quality leather with a relic finish. The front of the strap is embossed with the Fender and SCANDAL logos. Available in three colors: Black, white, brown.

SCANDAL ORIGINAL STRAP
MSRP: 11,000 yen (tax included)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:59 pm

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
so has anyone placed a reservation for one of these models yet?

current conversion is about $1400US and im actually interested in both the tele and the strat. already made my "melting ice cream" replica. received my red mami sig not too long ago, but rarely take it out of the case because its too pretty. now they do this to me lol. 

the boost tele reminds me of a cross between a troublemaker and jim adkins sig. the silver pearloid binding is a nice touch. i just wish the truss rod adjustment was more accessible. looks like the neck needs to be removed to adjust it. beautiful and classy instrument nonetheless, without being too in your face. 

the omochi strat upon first look was "just another super strat" till i realized it had an arched top, binding, and mami's own signature pups. just read that the neck carve is compound from C to D shape and also has compound fretboard radius. interesting!

they seem to have focused less on aesthetics this time around and concentrated more on practical use for their individual styles, which i can appreciate as it looks like ill be gigging again soon, and would consider using either of these on stage. more utilitarian than before. no gold. couple stickers here and there (dont yell at me lol) and totally become rock and roll instruments. 

next month. anaheim. if i see either of these instruments on stage. or both. i will be compelled.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Sanshiro

Sanshiro

Caless Student
Caless Student
It does look like these new signature instruments are much more suited to the members' personal playing preferences.  All three have Satin finished necks, so no gloss for sweaty hands to stick to under hot stage lights.  MAMI's in particular seems to combine aspects of her Les Paul and Ice Cream Stratocaster, which seem to be her most used live guitars to date.  2 point vibrato bridge, body shape, scale length, controls of the Strat, and the rosewood fretboard, (what appears to be) a carved arch top, binding, and the 2 humbucker pickups of the Les Paul. 

TOMOMI has always seemed to lean towards Jazz Basses so it was a bit odd she chose a Precision for her first signature.  The stacked volume/tone configuration is an interesting choice, I don't remember if she's ever played a Jazz like that before.  It's also cool to see the grounding strip running from the bridge to under the bridge pickup.  Outside of reissues you never see them.  Inversely, the comfort carve at the heel with the 5 screw neck attachment is something you never see on the more vintage style Fender basses.  I'm not crazy about the pickup cover color but overall aesthetically it's my favorite of the three.  Possibly my favorite of the instruments overall entirely.

HARUNA really likes her Telecasters.  Seems like a combination of her Squier and first Fender sig guitars.  It actually really reminds me a lot of the Silent Siren Telecaster.  The maple fretboard with pearloid inlays is nice, very regal looking.  The Les Paul style bridge/tailpiece and controls is interesting too, I don't remember her ever playing any Les Paul-style guitars.  Seems she also likes the vintage 7.25" radius, MAMI went for a compound 9.5-14" and Tomomi a 9.5", and if I remember right all the original Fender sigs were the vintage 7.25" radius.  It does make sense I suppose, a rounder radius is better for chords, which being the rhythm guitarist she spends 95% of her time playing.  She's also the odd one out in that she didn't get the contoured heel joint like MAMI and TOMOMI, just the standard Fender rectangular neck joint and plate.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Their performance Masterpiece at the 15th Anniversary live will give you a brief idea how these signature Fenders are sound wise.
@Sanshiro The contoured heel realli is a nice touch. But since Haruna is the rhythm player she doesn't reach the upper register that much as Mami so neck joint stability came first.
I remember a documentary (from DVD?) that Haruna was holding/playing Mam's placid blue Les Paul while taking i the studio.
I would complain about the 2 new sig. axes at these price points still loaded with such filmsy Kluson style tuners OMG! If you are an aggressive player you almost have to tune them between each songs.
Can't count on them especially on a guitar with tremolo!
Haruna said in couple of interviews that she found her guitars were not powerful enough on stage and that's why her Skullsilver was built that way.
One thing to mention her new sig. axe is of Mahogany body that would help to match the soundscape of Mami's Les Paul.
BTW. my complaint again. Haruna's on stage guitar volume are always so low compared to Mami's!Hard to hear her even when Mami's is not playing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:50 pm

Sanshiro

Sanshiro

Caless Student
Caless Student
Metal Mickey wrote:Their performance Masterpiece at the 15th Anniversary live will give you a brief idea how these signature Fenders are sound wise.
@Sanshiro The contoured heel realli is a nice touch. But since Haruna is the rhythm player she doesn't reach the upper register that much as Mami so neck joint stability came first.
I remember a documentary (from DVD?) that Haruna was holding/playing Mam's placid blue Les Paul while taking i the studio.
I would complain about the 2 new sig. axes at these price points still loaded with such filmsy Kluson style tuners OMG! If you are an aggressive player you almost have to tune them between each songs.
Can't count on them especially on a guitar with tremolo!
Haruna said in couple of interviews that she found her guitars were not powerful enough on stage and that's why her Skullsilver was built that way.
One thing to mention her new sig. axe is of Mahogany body that would help to match the soundscape of Mami's Les Paul.
BTW. my complaint again. Haruna's on stage guitar volume are always so low compared to Mami's!Hard to hear her even when Mami's is not playing.
Good point about Haruna and her lesser need for upper register access, and the mahogany body too, I didn't catch that.  So perhaps she is trying to get the most Les Paul like sound she can get from Fender. 

I have to say I've never had an issue with the vintage style Fender Klusons.  I have a Squier Jazzmaster (not Mami's) that I use the vibrato pretty hard with sometimes and it's rock solid as far as tuning goes, and that's with the stock Squier tuners. I did replace the stock Squier vibrato unit with a Fender Japan one though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:41 pm

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
So Mami's new guitar is basically the Modern Stratocaster HH with one knob removed (a significant improvement IMO), and Haruna's is the Parallel Universe Troublemaker Telecaster with a tighter fretboard radius. Plus the paint & binding colours, of course, which are pretty understated. Kinda surprised they went for such 'safe' models, given how blinged-out their previous signatures were with all the gold and pearlescent parts.

The prices are pretty good. Fender's been increasing their prices a lot recently in most countries so I would've expected new models to come in a little higher.

Has anywhere posted a more detailed specification of the Mami Custom pickups yet? Usually when Fender make a brand new pickup they publish at least basic specifications for them like magnet type and approximate output; I'm surprised there isn't any detail on the product pages. I'd love to know what she's chosen, considering she's had such a wide mixture of humbuckers before.

Metal Mickey wrote:The contoured heel realli is a nice touch. But since Haruna is the rhythm player she doesn't reach the upper register that much as Mami so neck joint stability came first.

Yeah, it probably makes no difference to Haruna whether her guitar has a contoured heel or not, but I expect the final decision was more about cost/Fender wanting to keep to standard shapes they were already making. Structurally, the offset bolts of the contoured heel are a more stable arrangement than the square pattern of the standard heel. The only downside to the contoured heel is that it's not compatible with some heel-access truss rods, and Fender refuse to make 7.25" necks with headstock truss adjustment. Fender have always been really weird about insisting on certain 'vintage' specifications never mixing with modern ones. (I once inquired about ordering a Custom Shop guitar with a 7.25" board and headstock truss access and Fender flat-out said they would not make that combination, even though many other builders do and even the Squier brand did in the early 90s!)
So if Haruna really wanted the 7.25" radius then Fender probably insisted on the neck having the truss access at the heel, which in turn would prevent using the contoured heel. That's in keeping with both Haruna and Mami's previous signature models which also had heel truss adjustment, 7.25" radius and the standard square heel.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:42 am

nosferous

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

My Mami Omochi Strat arrived today from Japan.

For anyone curious what the pickup resistance ratings are I have photos in the spoiler.

Nos's Omochi Pickup Reading Images:

Last edited by SH_Staff on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:58 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more info)

BEST★Xmas 2023 | KAKO Fes 2023 | MIRROR 2022: Toronto (Anaheim - Dallas)Special Thanks 2018: SF - Anaheim - DallasFeedback Shibuya store: 2018 & 2019
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:18 am

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
12.65k and 8.27k suggests they are indeed the same as the Modern Modified Type I pickups which are in the standard model, as those are specified at 12.5k and 8.4k; deviation from spec by +/-0.25k is totally normal, depending on temperature, humidity, and standard manufacturing tolerances.
Of course the magnets could be different, or they could have gotten to the same DC reading using a different type or gauge of wire, but I doubt that. (We'd need to get inductance, gauss and Q readings to know for certain, or actually open the pickups up of course.) Fender don't do custom pickups very often and when they do it's almost always an older model simply with a new cover or bobbin colour. So these readings make it a very safe bet that that the Mami Custom Humbucking Pickup is the Modern Modified Type I with new covers.

(For people who can't afford a whole new guitar, in common aftermarket terms that means a Seymour Duncan Custom/59 Hybrid and Whole Lotta Humbucker are the closest matches tonally, while the DiMarzio Norton and Air Classic Neck are the closest strictly in terms of on-paper spec.)

It's interesting that it seemed to be implied this guitar was going to substitute the Les Paul (at least to keep the Fender sponsorship happy), yet it's kept the pickups which are much more powerful than the LP has. The jump between the ~7.4k A3 pickups in the LP to ~12.5k A5s in this is significant. Though it does make sense to have more variety rather than lots of overlap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 am

confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARUNA's new Boost

MAMI's new Strat
(We seem to share many Strat players' similar loathing of having a control knob lined up under the bridge pickup)

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Sig10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:56 pm

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:
MAMI's new Strat
(We seem to share many Strat players' similar loathing of having a control knob lined up under the bridge pickup)

Guess who bought this one off Trogly

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:39 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Here's the only English language review and demo of Tomomi's signature Jazz Bass:

I like his point of view as a curator/dealer!

Admins: Please let me know if I posted this on the right page. Thank you!

Mod edit: Your post has been moved to the thread about their signature models, as it fits better here!

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:30 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
The price for Tomomi's Bass looks pretty good but if you have to add shipping from Japan it is not good.

Can you buy them in Europe ?

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Bass
Posted Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:20 pm

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
Officially, all the Scandal signature models are exclusive to Japan. I've checked with dealers in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Norway, and none of them can order one in. One dealer in Greece told me they could import them but that Fender wouldn't honour the warranty on it, and the total price was more than if I imported it myself; all EU dealers can really do is buy one from Japan just like a member of the public would, then sell it on.
I've heard in the past that some Oceania stores can request stock of Japan-exclusive models from Fender properly (but still at a premium), but then, getting anything sent from Australia is still going to be very expensive. There's never going to be any way of getting these things around the world cheaply.

FWIW, I've been looking at getting Tomomi's previous signature P-bass sent over and it's looking like the total (shipping, VAT, customs, etc) will be about £1500, for a used one. That's still less than a Fender American P-bass (and I've found MIJ Fenders are just as good if not better quality than MIA), so from that perspective it's quite tempting, even though it's a lot more than the MSRP.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@SJM

I guessed that would be the case but thanks for the reply.

I already have a 1960's Fender Jazz Bass which is worth more than her one and being I have owned it since the 60's I dont think I would want to part with it anyway.

SCANDAL's Signature Fender Models - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum