Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Living in the city」
Posted Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@wildthing

Yes this damn Coronavirus it making it tough for everyone but I would never off load my SCANDAL collection !

Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"digital single" is part of their business strategy since they have their own label, Masterpiece/Mabataki was the only single released as a CD, all the other singles from KFTD were "digital". I remember an interview from their manager were he explains how much he love spotify because you can release singles easily without spending a lot of money with launch events, CD making,... so they can release new songs whenever they want

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I want B-sides again. The last one was Futari and this was 2017.

Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Most likely it will be only 1 song, given that it was recorded at home.

Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
As much as I love having something physical, I am running out of room to store everything.  I don't mind if artists move to a digital model for singles and albums, but it would be preferable if they offered FLAC or something closer to the quality of a CD.  Once I recognize the compression in an mp3 it's all I hear and it distracts me from enjoying a song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 4:34 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I would honestly be fairly happy if they reduced the amount of editions they release for each album. Kiss from the darkness got a bit ridiculous. Seems like it would be enough to offer a standard edition and one deluxe edition in addition to digital releases.

But then again I do love my vinyl records.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I have plenty of vinyl too but I am quite happy with a CD, nobody can take that away from me.

Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@joon

I absolutely agree with you. 

The only thing that I like about the way Scandal does it is that I at least know when the album releases that there are multiple versions to choose.  I hate it when bands release a CD and then after I buy it a couple months later a deluxe edition with more songs comes out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I like to collect many editions. The only thing that I think it's  time to switch DVD to Blu-Ray. It turns out that the quality of MV on DVD in deluxe edition is worse than on YouTube. This is strange.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Meph1766 wrote:I like to collect many editions. The only thing that I think it's  time to switch DVD to Blu-Ray. It turns out that the quality of MV on DVD in deluxe edition is worse than on YouTube. This is strange.

It's generally a combination of disk format, pixel resolution and disk compression.

Since the MVs date back to about 2006 I assume they were all originally shot in HD, or were shot on film and then transferred to HD.

That said, the MVs on YouTube may be in HD, but the DVD is definitely SD.  If so, that's one difference.  Also, whomever put together the video compilation for Scandal may not have been provided the best source assets to author on disk.  That's another.  

If you're watching DVDs on your TV, you will begin to see the difference in the limited quality of SD (vs HD) when the screen is bigger than 55 inches.

Lastly, if you are viewing on a smaller monitor/screen, the authoring of the disk image may not be so good.  I don't have a copy to confirm this.

Or it could be something completely different I haven't encountered yet.   Thinking

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Don Dio wrote:It's generally a combination of disk format, pixel resolution and disk compression.

Since the MVs date back to about 2006 I assume they were all originally shot in HD, or were shot on film and then transferred to HD.

That said, the MVs on YouTube may be in HD, but the DVD is definitely SD.  If so, that's one difference.  Also, whomever put together the video compilation for Scandal may not have been provided the best source assets to author on disk.  That's another.  

If you're watching DVDs on your TV, you will begin to see the difference in the limited quality of SD (vs HD) when the screen is bigger than 55 inches.

Lastly, if you are viewing on a smaller monitor/screen, the authoring of the disk image may not be so good.  I don't have a copy to confirm this.

Or it could be something completely different I haven't encountered yet.   Thinking
I spoke directly about the last album KFTD. The deluxe edition includes a DVD with all 6 MVs for this album. All of them are also on YouTube. But on YouTube, the resolution is 1080p, and on a DVD disc 720x480. Therefore, it turns out that this disc is not very useful. If they put in this edition Blu-Ray disc, this question would not exist.

PS: Hope they release soon 3rd part Video Action on Blu-Ray including all this Mv and FREEDOM FIGHTERS, Koisuru Universe and Platform Syndrome..

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 12:39 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@Meph1766

Got'cha.  I thought you were referring to the two Video Action DVDs, but you are right they should provide a BD option on new album releases.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 7:36 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
MamiNoodles wrote:
Metal Mickey wrote:
kudo_maharizu wrote:Looking forward to the full release, although I so miss physical releases of their singles.
With portrait of Tomomi on the cover.

A portrait of Tomomi wearing hair rollers reading today's newspaper while eating breakfast.  Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 1f601
Where you listening to I Want To Break Free by Queen. When you typed that in  Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 1f606  Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 1f606

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 10:24 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Blu-ray disks are still rather hard to sell, hence they end up having to sell both DVD and Blu-ray.
I know many Scandal fans who only buy the DVD version as they only have a DVD player.
Unless there is a huge demand from the fans for Blu-ray version, I know an artist that did that and only releases Blu-rays of concerts etc. but for CD+Bluray bundles its rare I guess to keep costs down, some time its an option.

As many fans don't have blu-ray players or only have DVD player in their car etc. Japan fans are not as techie to try and rip them either.

As Scandal is not mainstream for Japan market, I think they will have to keep releasing multiple version to keep sales going, the similar tactics of Idol CD sales. For KFTD I ended up buying over a dozen CDs to attend the release events etc. Not being mainstream, the instagram stream kind of gives you a clue of how many people are watching the stream, I've seen other artists going way over 10K of audience.... Sad 

The clue to fans buying many CDs, you can regularly see unopened Scandal CDs available for sale.

As for the audio format of downloadable, most of Scandals material in Japan is available as FLAC CD quality as well as Hi-res quality 24bit 48khz or 96hkz as well. Recent releases though, the tracks have been getting really loud and the MP3/FLAC/Hi-res version some of them have found different. Remember when streaming, the mix can change due to how they store/compress the audio.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Don Dio wrote:@Meph1766

Got'cha.  I thought you were referring to the two Video Action DVDs, but you are right they should provide a BD option on new album releases.
Video Action 1 and 2 also have a Blu-Ray version and DVD, which is definitely cool. 

wildthing wrote:Blu-ray disks are still rather hard to sell, hence they end up having to sell both DVD and Blu-ray.
I know many Scandal fans who only buy the DVD version as they only have a DVD player.
Unless there is a huge demand from the fans for Blu-ray version, I know an artist that did that and only releases Blu-rays of concerts etc. but for CD+Bluray bundles its rare I guess to keep costs down, some time its an option.

As many fans don't have blu-ray players or only have DVD player in their car etc. Japan fans are not as techie to try and rip them either.

As Scandal is not mainstream for Japan market, I think they will have to keep releasing multiple version to keep sales going, the similar tactics of Idol CD sales. For KFTD I ended up buying over a dozen CDs to attend the release events etc. Not being mainstream, the instagram stream kind of gives you a clue of how many people are watching the stream, I've seen other artists going way over 10K of audience.... Sad 

The clue to fans buying many CDs, you can regularly see unopened Scandal CDs available for sale.

As for the audio format of downloadable, most of Scandals material in Japan is available as FLAC CD quality as well as Hi-res quality 24bit 48khz or 96hkz as well. Recent releases though, the tracks have been getting really loud and the MP3/FLAC/Hi-res version some of them have found different. Remember when streaming, the mix can change due to how they store/compress the audio.
I see. I thought that Blu-Ray released so long ago that most people switched to this format... Any way, I would like if they continue to release their work in DVD and Blu-Ray and fans can choose.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 7:28 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Wildthing : Are you saying that the band is less popular now than it was a few years ago? How popular is Scandal in Japan?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2020 7:32 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
izzy wrote:@Wildthing : Are you saying that the band is less popular now than it was a few years ago? How popular is Scandal in Japan?

Sorry, but this conversation about popularity/DVDs/Blu-rays should not be continued in this thread about the new single as it's pretty off-topic by now. Feel free to talk about it elsewhere, though.

Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【English Subs】Living in the city (Radio Rip - Full Version)

https://www.facebook.com/scandal.heaven/videos/635667167160077/

What the band's saying at the end:

Spoiler:

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

"Living in the city" - Remote Video (Short ver.)
Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:11 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

「"Living in the city" - Remote Video (Short ver.)」 will premiere at 12 AM JST tonight.

https://youtu.be/9KvdsNSCFGM

And here's TOMOMI's lyrics essay on the song:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15077-utanet-tomomi-s-living-in-the-city-lyrics-essay#768298

#front-page #livinginthecity

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:31 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Is there gonna be a full version of this? 

I had a feeling they were gonna make a remote MV, but thought it was gonna be just Tomomi.😂

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:36 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:Is there gonna be a full version of this?

Doubtful, since the single is now officially out. Also, it would be kind of awkward if they did a full video for the song as it would be an additional three minutes of the band just sitting at home. Two minutes is kind of pushing it as is. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:42 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
To me "short version" kind of implies that there is a full version. But I imagine that they don't want a free YouTube version to compete with the sale of a digital only single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:04 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I would like to see the full version. Perhaps they thought it was boring to just sit in the room. But they could move to another room, or cook something in the kitchen, sport exercise, something else, in general, ordinary household work that can be shown for 5 minutes Happy. And full song is great.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:12 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
While I was watching, I thought two of them had same sofa. must had being sale on Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 1f600

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 pm

HaRiToMa

HaRiToMa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Andy666 wrote:While I was watching, I thought two of them had same sofa. must had being sale on Digital Single - 「Living in the city」 - Page 2 1f600
No, they have al different sofa's. Although the ones for Rina and Haruna are similar, and it seems like Tomomi and Rina have the exact same color.

atashi wa atashi anata wa anata
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum