Posted Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Well, there's a fresh new Desktop background...

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 Deffos10
My thoughts exactly!  LOVE 

Really really love how the artwork captures their hair colours from 2019 XD

Back to top Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「SPICE」
Posted Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The MV is ok. The story is a bit too clichée and the animation looks good but the artstyle is not my cup of tea. The song is in my opinion a bit generic: a classic fast paced rock song. The voice of Haruna sounds good with the filter but in my opinion it's too quiet. The problem with the distortion and the effects is that you can not really hear the instruments enough. The song has a pretty standard scheme: The verses seperated in two parts with B- and C-Melo. The second part of the verses isn't really engaging enough like in A.M.D.K.J, the chorus is again a problem. Songs like Seishuuheiki, Kimi or other songs from Kiss from the darkness have choruses don't satisfy me. I hope that SPICE will grow on me.

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:14 pm

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haruna's Ears wrote:
You can access YTM via your browser @ https://music.youtube.com

Otherwise:

The closest you will get to a desktop app is installing the web player as a progressive web app.

In Chrome, you should be prompted to “install” right from the address bar.

And, yeah, I have a Premium YT account so can download stuff for offline use. Shame you can't throw the girls a few bucks, though (so that, y'know, Mami can afford to eat something other than noodles..).

Ah cool,thanks for that. I just downloaded it from there with 4K Video Downloader Happy [didn't have to sign up or anything] Yeah artists are only being paid about half a cent per thousand plays or something on all these digital platforms anyway,so whatever I suppose. I always buy their albums etc from CDJapan Happy

Back to top Go down

MAMI's & RINA's comments about "SPICE"
Posted Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

Here are MAMI's and RINA's comments about "SPICE" that were posted on the XPICE video:

I too have parts of me that I don't like and parts that I feel are inferior to others. I have a lot of things that trouble me,
But as I wrote the music for this song while watching the animation, my way of thinking about my strengths and quirks changed.
Everyone has something that only they can do, and there is definitely someone out there who is seeking that.
Those quirks of yours might be seen as something wonderful by someone else.

I think there are many people who are struggling with their feelings in that same way.
It may not be easy, but it'd be wonderful to be a person who has the courage to think positively about themselves and come to love themselves little by little. That is the kind of person I want to be.

It made me very happy that SCANDAL was offered the chance to have our music set to this theme.
There are many feelings that overlap with both the XPICE story, us as a band, and us as individuals. Watching this animated short together with our song makes me cry. haha
We have created a song that can give you strength when you're feeling defeated or want to look away.
May both it and the animation reach people around the worldー! (MAMI)

We got to collaborate with the XPICE team after receiving a passionate, fervent request from them. I'm so happy about that!
We participated in this work starting from when it was in its early stages. While we were in a conference room hearing about the concept and the image they had for a song, pieces of the lyrics came floating into my mind one after another.
Everyone showed such great energy with this work. We too were very excited.
The characters in this animation are heroes battling while grappling with their own inferiorities.
Having the kindness and strength to be able to coexist by accepting one's weakness and the differences between one's self and others—these are the heroes we need during this point in time.

Since there is no dialogue, we wrote this song while keeping in mind the "lyrics" that convey the variety and message of this animation.

Its title is "SPICE." I was able to straightforwardly give a reply to this straightforward story.

P.S. We submitted this song last December. When the XPICE team sent a reply to us on the 25th saying, "Thank you so much for the best Christmas present ever!", we went numb.
I'm very happy to have collaborated with such a warm and exciting team. (RINA)

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Uuh, December 25. So, the song they recorded in March wasn't SPICE. I am looking forward to more music by the band.

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:35 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So, if I understand this correctly, they wrote this song specifically for this animation. I'm wondering if they were the only ones contacted to do so, or if they sort of won the bid. I also wonder who paid for the recording time, etc. If they were the only one contacted to write for the animation, then I guess the producers paid, otherwise they kinda took a gamble. Either way, it's precisely the right song for the production.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Sven28 wrote:Uuh, December 25. So, the song they recorded in March wasn't SPICE. I am looking forward to more music by the band.

It's still possible that it was "SPICE." Based on what RINA said, it sounds like they submitted the first draft of the song back in December. They could have been fine-tuning the song until March-ish.

hogradish wrote:So, if I understand this correctly, they wrote this song specifically for this animation. I'm wondering if they were the only ones contacted to do so, or if they sort of won the bid.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15137-the-television-scandal-s-spice-interview#769380

It sounds like the production team only ever considered SCANDAL.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:53 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
After listening to the song multiple, I can say that it's a pretty cool song. It didn't blow me away like AMDKJ did of course, but that intro and outro is freaking killer and awesome, I love Rina's drumming, Mami guitar tone, and Tomomi's fuzzy bass lines, I think she might use a pick for this one, but I can't say lol. Though everything else in between is pretty decent and okay. 

The animation and style is really cool, the story is rather basic tho but what can I expect from a 4 min video lol

But I love reading the interview about the process of the song and animation. It gives you more of an insight of the band and companies thoughts and goals. 

The animated Scandal characters looks amazing .clap. but wouldn't that make them the new...... "Spice" Girls  heh?.common.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:17 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
The song grabbed me the first time I heard it and I love it more every time I listen. I feel like it's almost been done a disservice by not getting a proper single release and music video. I don't know what more someone could want in a Scandal song. I feel like this is what they've been building towards from the beginning.

If the entire next album is like this, I'll be happy. As some of you may remember, I wasn't the biggest fan of KFTD (though I liked some of the songs), but this really sounds to me like they finally figured out the formula they were looking for on that album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:45 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
spacecadet wrote:I feel like it's almost been done a disservice by not getting a proper single release and music video.

Considering the state of everything right now, it's not really feasible for them to do either of those things.

There's always a possibility they could do a music video for it in the future once everything calms down (whenever that will be), but who knows at this point in time, unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:27 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Very true, things are far from normal at the moment, even two of my beloved AKB48 tested positive for the Coronavirus so now they will all have to be tested, SCANDAL are just being sensible.

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Considering the state of everything right now, it's not really feasible for them to do either of those things.

There's always a possibility they could do a music video for it in the future once everything calms down (whenever that will be), but who knows at this point in time, unfortunately.
Let's hope they made it in future. They have experience with MV that were made much later than the song's release - SCANDAL BABY.

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Hope so too! Though the XPICE animation short already seems to serve as an MV (entire clip was tailor-made to the song it seems) so Scandal might find it unnecessary to make another. 

Might be my eyes/memory playing tricks on me, but it seems their "monthly listeners" count on Spotify increased by ~5K over the last several days too. may or may not be because of SPICE, but it's a good thing anyhow Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 1f60a

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Steadystate. wrote:Might be my eyes/memory playing tricks on me, but it seems their "monthly listeners" count on Spotify increased by ~5K over the last several days too. may or may not be because of SPICE, but it's a good thing anyhow Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 1f60a
They definitely increased, because Spotify officially working in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova and Kazakhstan from July 15 2020.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer

Xflag just posted a 14th anniversary  congratulatory message to Scandal using XPICE.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

New Wallpaper

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 Xpice110

Digital Single - 「SPICE」 - Page 3 Egqrji10

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This XPICE interview that Scandal tweeted is quite interesting.

From the rough English translation, the XPICE director confirms two other characters are Garlic and Mint. Imho XPICE had a very predictable storyline and stereotypical characters (which was unavoidable cos the clip was too short to be more than that), but it would be cool if the universe got expanded into a proper anime series cos the art style is pretty unique. 

Anddddd Scandal's favourite spices are as below. 

--By the way, what kind of spice does SCANDAL want to see? This is of course not an official setting.

MAMI: Is Spice the only hero?
Kato: No, actually, the contents of the evil groups are also unique spices. The green and purple enemy that came out at the ending is called Shiso.
TOMOMI: I like cinnamon. But I really want to see the rest. There were a lot of things I was worried about, such as garlic stories and the cat that came out on the way.
HARUNA: My favorite spice is horseradish. It's a versatile spice that can be eaten in both Japanese and Western. And Wasabi's friend! Like (laughs).
RINA: Right now, I'm googling with spices/types, but I wonder what...I would love to see Ginger.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.