Go down

WILD STOCK [Page 2 of 2]

Re: WILD STOCK
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:35 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer

Anyway. Getting back to the subject of this topic...

The grilled meat buns sound and look really good lol

The type of burgers they had look tasty, as for meat buns I fancy trying them. I wonder what the buns were made of, for Tomomi use butter on what I called a hand held toaster and the buns did not stick to  the metal. When I go camping, I do not do it this way.

The main thing I enjoy about this whole camping so far, is Tomomi leading for a change. The last couple years, I find Rina and Haruna do most most talking

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:17 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For those of you seeking to re-create this experience at home, here are some of the items shown in the videos.
Snow Peak copper head peg hammer
Snow Peak steel head peg hammer
Snow Peak Elfield tent, I think
Snow Peak Recta tarp, medium or possibly large
Snow Peak Luxury beach chair.
Kirin beer
Boker Magnum Elk Hunter knife
Snow Peak Takibi fire and grill
Soto butane torch
Snow Peak Rack Sotto Multi Starter Set Armrest Plus bench
Snow Peak folding cutting board with knife, medium
Snow Peak Thermo tumbler
CHUMS Hot Sandwich Cooker
Matsusaka beef
Snow Peak /Pendleton towel blanket
Heinz ketchup and mustard
Kirin hakkou lemon sour
The tables wore me out, as did the hexagonal grill, fire starter, small cast iron griddles, plates, gloves, stove mittens, utensils and the source of the exact Jagermeister hat Mami is wearing, lol.
The total cost of all this is....a lot.

EDIT: And for those wanting to watch the same anime that inspired Tomomi, it's here:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/laid-back-camp/episode-10-clumsy-travelers-and-camp-meetings-758803

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 pm

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ahh, such a nice wholesome series! I just found this thread after getting in bed and watched all three episodes... Now my stomach is grumbling thanks to all those yummy food they prepared in the most recent episode... 😅

Looking forward to the final, I'm sure「eternal」will sound amazing in that environment!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm so hungry now!   HARU nom

Was it just me or was there a look of fear on Tomomi's face when she realised the birds were getting closer.

Rina's a smart girl. Tomomi says the buns are too hot to get off the grill so continues to use fingers, Rina grabs the tongs lol! It just made me chuckle don't know why.

Mami demolished that watermelon in no time. MAMI nom

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:09 pm

BMC

BMC

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
BMC wrote:Curious though, why didn't Mami eat the burger? Is she a vegetarian?

She ate the actual burger patty. It looks like she scooped out a few pieces of it from the pan and put it on her plate.

What she did not eat is the bun. She's been following a gluten-free diet for a while, hence no burger buns.

Ah, I must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying. Happy

Brian from Atlanta. Band-Maid: MISA/Akane Scandal: Rina/Mami
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Episode 4 (final) of "WILD STOCK" with English subs + "eternal" Acoustic:

If you enjoy my translations, please consider leaving a tip! Happy

WILD STOCK - Page 2 FdtTi4P

#front-page

WILD STOCK - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 am

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
the nonverbal communication between haruna and mami was such a highlight for me during the song. it was like their eyes "held hands" during those parts. the alternate ending was also very fitting to the setting. Mami's use of the Asus2 (or is it an Aadd9?) was a nice touch they way she strummed it. there was a sort of hesitation in the arpeggio and for the life of me im not able to replicate it. anyway, im sad this was the final episode. awesome series.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:05 am

jamie87

jamie87

Caless Student
Caless Student
This has to be the best version of Eternal out there. I wish I could actually buy this one, it was truly special!

Scandal World Tour 2020 "Kiss from the Darkness" Livestream [8/21/2020]
Scandal "Seasons" Livestream [12/24/2020]
Scandal 15th Anniversary Live "Invitation" Livestream [8/21/2021]
Scandal "unlimited Utopia" Live @ Zepp Osaka [4/8/23]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I agree I would like to have a recording of this version of "Eternal."  If they had recorded it like this on KFTD I probably would be liking the album better since I prefer natural instruments over electronics.

Good series overall.  It was fun seeing them in this environment together.

My only criticism (which is a professional one) is how they were always set up to talk to the camera as opposed to each other.  This would have been more natural and not make the presentation feel so much like a TV show.  Seeing them always sitting in a line like they were giving an interview, as opposed to facing one another (even when playing), felt stiff.  Whenever we see (or have seen) footage of the band backstage, they are acting far more loose in their interactions with each other.

I would have preferred if the producer(s) of this show brought along an extra camera and shot the event 360 handheld, and allowed for the ladies to be less reserved.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It took them so long to perform acoustically but you can see they're enjoying the format. Laundry Laundry, Departure, Stamp, Ivory, Eternal... all good versions. Hoping there's more to come.

Don Dio wrote:My only criticism (which is a professional one) is how they were always set up to talk to the camera as opposed to each other.  This would have been more natural and not make the presentation feel so much like a TV show.  Seeing them always sitting in a line like they were giving an interview, as opposed to facing one another (even when playing), felt stiff.  Whenever we see (or have seen) footage of the band backstage, they are acting far more loose in their interactions with each other.

I totally agree. They were positioned in favor of the cameras rather than favoring their interactions. They started following the script, but gladly Tomomi and Mami took over the show. Tomo knows a lot about camping and Mami devoured the watermelon in the blink of an eye lol

Overall it was good, it was interesting to see them doing something different and being the first artist on a new series.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  WILD STOCK - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  WILD STOCK - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  WILD STOCK - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  WILD STOCK - Page 2 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
GT wrote:
Was it just me or was there a look of fear on Tomomi's face when she realised the birds were getting closer.
HARU omg
Yeah thought so too! Though, I recall very clearly from one of their early-day blog posts that it's actually Haru who has a fear of birds.

I haven't gone camping much, but even I can tell that their camping is more glamping? They had so much equipment and fresh food with them WILD STOCK - Page 2 1f602 Nonetheless I really enjoyed this series cos it's been a while since there's content of them just hanging out rather than working.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

WILD STOCK - Page 2 Wj4Dsnx

HARU and TOMO will be appearing on this "WILD STOCK Camp Year-End Party" livestream on Dec. 27th that starts from 8 pm JST! They will be appearing with other artists who have also been on WILD STOCK and will be talking about camping + looking back on their times on the show.

It will be streamed on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-4cxSKkhM

#front-page

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:01 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I wonder if Haruna got the camping bug, still quite funny when Mami face lit up after she started that fire WILD STOCK - Page 2 1f604

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
TOMO is one of the MCs (along with Taigi Asuwa of the comedy duo Ushiro City) of the second season of WILD STOCK! New episodes will be posted every Monday.

*SCANDAL is not scheduled to appear = I will most likely not do subs for this season.

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:48 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Good Luck to Tomo in doing WILD STOCK.  I kind of find Tomo fade in to background when it large groups talking and speak very little. After watching Scandal doing Wild Stock last season and watching Tomo talking about her love for camping. For to be one main host hopeful will help her go solo a bit more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:54 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I used Google Translate on my phone to translate the subtitles in real time, and you can do the same if you're interested and have a smart phone.
One of the things I found interesting was the idea that because people stare at the campfire instead of making eye contact, conversations can become more candid and intimate than at other times. (I THINK that's what they were saying, lol) Another was pointing out that camping equipment is also handy after a disaster, like when the power is out and you need to cook.
Wild Stock is lucky to have found a celebrity who can comment with enthusiasm on the subject.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.