Aldious [Page 3 of 4]

Re: Aldious
Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Aldious tour has been rescheduled for March 2021. Tickets for previous dates will be honored.

24 March – London The Underworld
25 March – Paris Trabendo
27 March – Berlin Roadrunners Paradise Club

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Any news of them holding a paid livestream? They've been very quiet since their NAMM appearance, keep wondering if I missed any announcement ><

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:14 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I can tell you that they have one of the most awful managements in relation to foreigners. Some editions of their releases, you can buy only joining to the fanclub, but even if you join it, you can only pay via bank transfer in a Japanese bank. Which you can't do without living in Japan. To buy some of their releases, I have come to search at an internet auction or ask a friend who currently lives in Japan to place an order. The same goes for the upcoming online concert. I don't know how it's possible to buy a ticket from abroad.

In order to register [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you need a Japanese residential address and a japanese phone number to which a sms will be sent. And finally they don't answer to questions in Twitter about how you can buy a ticket from abroad and another, total ignoring.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Thanks so much for the info!  

.whiteflag. ^This is really sad. Considering they were scheduled to tour in Europe, it means their management does know they have overseas fans. But yet in a time when the band needs as much support as they can get during COVID-19, their livestream is limited to Japan only  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:52 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Awww, that is sad, DESURABBITS are an idol group but they go out of their way to make their foreign fans feel welcome and even learned English so they could do that better.

I know Aldious and like their music but I had no idea it was that hard.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
tonymiller wrote:Awww, that is sad, DESURABBITS are an idol group but they go out of their way to make their foreign fans feel welcome and even learned English so they could do that better
Aldious' new vocalist R!n seems quite fluent in English (at least, by jrock standards), so much so I think she can probably do MCs entirely in basic English at overseas shows. Also, she seems to handle the songs by both previous vocalists well, which means she can leverage the band's entire discography when putting together killer live setlists. Was looking forward to seeing her help improve the band's international exposure this way, but it's sad to find out they're not getting the backend support they need.

Hopefully things will get better once they can resume their Europe tour and/or if they finally figure out how to do an international livestream [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Toki will also be back and well-rested from her maternity leave by then.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:I know Aldious and like their music but I had no idea it was that hard.
Steadystate wrote:Aldious' new vocalist R!n seems quite fluent in English (at least, by jrock standards), so much so I think she can probably do MCs entirely in basic English at overseas shows....
It's hard for me too to understand why it is so complicated with this band. I follow a lot of Japanese groups. And most them, like you said, try to be more loyal to foreign fans. Some create special online shops for foreigners, they go on tour around the world, online broadcasting of concerts around worldwide, etc. At now Aldious more than 10 years old band and they haven't had a trip abroad yet, except the recent NAMM at the beginning of the year. Why they are still so closed in this relationship I don't know.  But I know for they are losing a lot of money. I know a lot of people who would like to buy their releases and goods and watching online concert, but they can't do it because of these restrictions.

It is true that R!n knows very well, including singing in English. Marina also speak English and she was a person, who negotiated with JPU, about  release Aldious albums, if I'm not mistaken. The others don't know well.

In general, I also hope that this situation will soon change and the current band isolation from the rest of the world will be removed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:00 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Meph1766
Atnow Aldious more than 10 years old band and they haven't had a trip abroad yet, except the recent NAMM at the beginning of the year.
Unfortunately I think it all boils down to their popularity. It does cost additional money to cater to overseas fans, of which perhaps they earn too little for their label to want to invest in them, especially during the pandemic now. 

An illustration of what I mean by lack of popularity: Aldious only has ~7K+ active monthly listeners on Spotify. This could partly be due to the fact they only have 1 of their 6 studio albums (not including Evoke) available there, but that in itself also shows how their international outreach needs to be improved.

This is as compared to their all-female band peers such as Silent Siren and Band-Maid who each have 100K+ active listeners and of course our favourite Scandal which is closing in on 300K. Sure, Spotify listeners isn't a tell-all measure of international popularity, but it is one of many reliable indicators. Hence I was really looking forward to their European tour to finally give them the boost they need.
.whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:35 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Listeners at Spotify aren't exactly making a big difference. Look at Lovebites band, they playing in the same genre and have not much more listeners. But they very often travel to Europe and even was performed at the famous Wacken Open Air metal festival. I think it depends on the management of the group. Also BRIDEAR, Mary's Blood, NECRONOMIDOL, FATE GEAR, in my memory, traveled abroad. They are too not so popular bands like. However, they did tours abroad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:05 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^Ah ok, I get what you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Where I was coming from is just that each label will use some indicator of popularity to decide how much of their resources to spend on each artiste. As you correctly pointed out, a large part of this also depends on how resourceful the label is in the first place. 

Not sure about the others, but Lovebites is signed to Victor and Bridear was at some point to Sony I think, so having a more resourceful label does help  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Thank you for watching Aldious first live, without an audience!
If you live abroad, I'm sorry that we haven't been able to clear copyright issues and you can't buy tickets on Streaming+!
That's why we're releasing the song "Spirit Black" from our live show today. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

^My heart skipped a beat when I saw that video on my YouTube feed lol. Toki looks soooo happy to be back. Seems like she was trying to make eye contact with Yoshi during the guitar duel bit, but Yoshi was being all cool  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

And R!n is slaying those high notes!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:21 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

New from Aldious' YT:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Okay I'm late to the party again as usual... only just realised Aldious is going to release a new album "Evoke II 2010-2020" on September 30th 2020!

The official news was apparently [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], totally missed it  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:08 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:34 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Evoke II has just dropped on Spotify Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:46 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Eh, when they will release a full new album. I'm tired of waiting  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Digital singles Show Down & Freedom 2021.3.30 release

New MV Show Down

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm liking the heavy keys sound, it's unusual for Aldious but I guess that's from R!N's influence. Can't wait for a full album!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:03 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Another bad news for the fans. I translated with google, looks like another withdrawal:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:11 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Gaki-san2001 I Saw the news on Twitter yesterday, very sad.

I think the important thing right now is the health wellbeing of R!N and I'm praying she makes a timely recovery however long that may take.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Really sad. It's like they are cursed. The third vocalist is leaving the band for health reasons.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:08 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
UK and Europe concerts has been cancelled

Back to top Go down