You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

JDrama/Movies [Page 12 of 19]

Re: JDrama/Movies
Posted Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 am

alrick13

alrick13

Finished Rich Man, Poor Woman relieve that there is a definite romance angle with the superb character development. Also this is my third time watching Saotomi Ishihara, the first two are in Water Boy 2 and H2, Still loving those lips

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
i really love jdramas
by now i saw:
Hana Yori dango
Hachimitsu to clover 
Kagi no Kakatta Heya
My gIRL
Q10

next i will watch
Smile
Bartender

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Kday

Kday

Caless Student
Caless Student
My favourite JDrama would be Liar Games,Bloody Monday and Hana Kimi  .happy.

CANTA Happy SCANDAL FTW!!! CANTA Happy 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Currently watching the 15min per ep AsaDora, "GeGeGe no Nyoubou". I still have to get to my backlogs of finishing Galileo 2, but it somewhat is boring compared to Galileo 1 Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Legal High 1 & 2 are definitely the best comedy drama I have ever seen.
You should consider watching it if you haven't yet!
JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Tumblr_mv378zV5AY1sk4gwio1_400

Previously known as HugoDisastersJDrama/Movies - Page 12 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 6:56 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Currently watching Starman (a family drama - I love Hirosue Ryōko) and Jiu (this one's a bit old - with Kuroki Meisa in it).

HugoDisasters wrote:Legal High 1 & 2 are definitely the best comedy drama I have ever seen.
You should consider watching it if you haven't yet!
JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Tumblr_mv378zV5AY1sk4gwio1_400
Agreed!!! ^^

Sakai Masato's pretty high profile now - he's on CMs/billboards everywhere when I was over in Tōkyō in April. He's even on the cover of the May ish of Japanese GQ hahaha.

But I also watch it mainly for the asadora heroine - Arakagi Yui. (*00*)

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
i`ve just finished "Nobuta wo produce " and "Tokujo Kabachi!!" and now i start to watch "Miss Pilot"

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I just finished 2 police-based J-dramas - Bitter Blood (starring Sato Takeru) and Border (starring Shun Oguri).

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:21 am

YUI

YUI

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hana Kimi, my fave jdrama <3

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:54 pm

reddcat

reddcat

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://sunburstyellow.tumblr.com/
Last seen Jdrama is Hanzawa Naoki. I'm gonna watch Kazoku game and liar game next Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:15 am

XwingsofaresX

XwingsofaresX

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I had a marathon this week with so many Japanese films, starting with the 1954 Gojira, then went to the Death Note films, Battle Royale, the Kaiji films, Taiyou no Uta, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and then ended with The Incite Mill and the live-action Gantz film.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Just would like to give anyone who's interested a heads up of two J-Doramas I think are worth watching.

Kimura Takuya is back in the second instalment of HERO on Fuji TV, 13 years after the original season. From what I saw in Ep 1, prolly the plots in each episode are pretty same-ish but it was nice to see the old gang again (not everyone's back but pretty much a substantial number of the original co-stars are in it). Kitagawa Keiko is playing Kuryuu-san's new feisty assistant.

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 10645063_10154619226465274_2102421146220403296_n_zps6db803e2

Now, this one is surprisingly intriguing. Kurokochi「クロコーチ」 is a crime drama that was aired on TBS with Nagase Tomoya (TOKIO) and Gouriki Ayame (the original reason why I wanted to watch it - but I've to say the plot's pretty good from watching Ep 1!).

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 NwZWJq2_zpsef53e8c4

I  have to add that I quite like ホントんとこ, the drama's ED theme by TOKIO too.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh god memories.. i used to watch them all the time on local television. but then adult life comes to focus.. T_T

what comes to mind:

Gokusen 
1 liter of tears
hana yori dango   
hana kimi 

the Only Jmovie i watched is Usagi Drop.

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

matcha_tea

matcha_tea

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I should find more time to indulge myself in Japanese dramas and movies
I love hana yori dango and hana kimi
Some others I watched is Math girls, akuma Chan, rich man poor women...I cant remember I watched too many
Recently watched 1 liter of tears and family game
The only movie watched this year was The Complex that came out in 2013

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
i`ve just saw Black Butler 2014 the movie....all i can say is awesome.....
JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Black_Butler_-_Kuro_Shitsuji-p2

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:55 pm

alrick13

alrick13

currently watching Samurai High School, really love the way how Jdorams incorporate life lessons to whatever genre they intend to explore

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
alrick13 wrote:currently watching Samurai High School, really love the way how Jdorams incorporate life lessons to whatever genre they intend to explore

^
 You`ve made me curious with this drama. 100% I will watch it

@ topic :I`ve just saw Rich man Poor woman , and now i watch Itazura na Kiss ~Love in Tokyo~

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
If you haven't, I recommend these two films - both of which are music-related, and have good story lines to boot. I think someone already mentioned Beck in a thread a few years ago, so check these out as well:

1. DETROIT METAL CITY デトロイト・メタル・シティ

This one's a bit old but it's pretty funny, based on a manga (there's an anime as well) and stars Matsuyama Kenichi in the lead role.

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Dmc_img_zpsc229ae97

2. Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru カノジョは嘘を愛しすぎてる

This is a teen romance film, also based on a manga (which J-film ain't these days... hehe). Nice one for a night in with the girlfriend/boyfriend. The music in this is pretty good too. Sato Takeru (Rurouni Kenshin) and newcomer Ohara Sakurako star in this.

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Poster3_zps9260bee7

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:23 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I just recently watched the 2004 (I believe) drama "Orange Days," and it's become my favorite. My previous favorite was "Stand Up!"

I also liked the airline dramas "Attention Please" and "Good Luck!" I really wanna watch Miss Pilot, but can't seem to find it with English Subs, and I've only recently began learning Japanese, so totally not fluent enough to understand without subs.

Of course, I've loved the "modern standards" of Jdramas like Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango, Gokusen 1-2-3, My Boss My Hero, Nobuta wo Produce, Nodame Cantabile, etc.

However, I just can't get into the we-wanna-make-you-cry tragedy dramas where someone really important in the story dies tragically. I honestly don't understand how anyone finds that sort of thing entertaining...who WANTS to feel that miserable? I watched Summer Snow not realizing it was one of those type of stories, and it took a really promising love story and made it miserable.

I guess I'm an old softie; I prefer the dramas that have a happy ending. Real life is miserable enough without having to wallow in fictitious misery.

In any case, I just started watching a drama that's new to me last night. I can't recall the name right now, but it's about a man who works at a dating/marriage service helping people find a romantic partner...sort of like a full-service Match company. He's never been successful in his own relationships, but he's done really well at the company matching up people together. Supposedly, the story is about how a new, beautiful client comes in, and he really tries to set her up with the right man. He finds a good candidate, and things progress from there, but he ends up falling in love with the girl, too. I watched the first episode, and it seemed pretty good, so I'll watch some more and let you know how it goes...and I'll post the name of it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:01 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:In any case, I just started watching a drama that's new to me last night. I can't recall the name right now, but it's about a man who works at a dating/marriage service helping people find a romantic partner...sort of like a full-service Match company. He's never been successful in his own relationships, but he's done really well at the company matching up people together. Supposedly, the story is about how a new, beautiful client comes in, and he really tries to set her up with the right man. He finds a good candidate, and things progress from there, but he ends up falling in love with the girl, too. I watched the first episode, and it seemed pretty good, so I'll watch some more and let you know how it goes...and I'll post the name of it.

Shiawase ni Narou Yo 「幸せになろうよ」

JDrama/Movies - Page 12 Shiawase_zpsf4d75590

I loved that drama. Well, more because of me being a fan of Kuroki Meisa. You'll love it!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for letting me know! I watched episode 2 today at lunch, and it was as good as the first. This is the first work I've seen Kuroki Meisa in, and I like her depiction of this character so far. Are there any other specific parts she's had that you'd suggest?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Not trying to say anything bad about her, she's just an OK actress. I've seen a few of her dramas but not all.

There's another rom-com called One-Pound Gospel / Ichi Pondo no Fukuin 1ポンドの福音.

This one about a boxer who falls in love with a nun! Quite good, this.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/1_Pound_no_Fukuin

For a more serious role, you may wanna try watch Jiu / ジウ-警視庁特殊犯捜査係

This is about her as a bad ass policewoman. I haven't finished watching this yet. Probably hints at how (not-so) interesting the storyline is - the captivating ones would make me watch the entire series in one shot!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jiu

Her other stuff that I have seen have been films. She had a minor role in the two Crows Zero films, and she was pretty good in Andalucia Megami no Hofuku and the live action version of Space Battleship Yamato with Kimura Takuya (she plays Yuki Mori!).

She was in Lupin III but that's a film from August of this year - so, I haven't found a subbed version of it to view yet.

Hope that's enough of a heads up!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:22 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the info Happy

Another question for the general populace:

Has anyone watched Ando Lloyd?  I'm really interested because it pairs up Kimura Takuya and Shibasaki Kou again as the leads, just like they were in the 2003 drama Good Luck! which was one of the most successful TV dramas ever with like a 30%+ viewership. Also, Oshima Yuko plays in a supporting role.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:40 am

alrick13

alrick13

saldiven wrote:Thanks for the info Happy

Another question for the general populace:

Has anyone watched Ando Lloyd?  I'm really interested because it pairs up Kimura Takuya and Shibasaki Kou again as the leads, just like they were in the 2003 drama Good Luck! which was one of the most successful TV dramas ever with like a 30%+ viewership. Also, Oshima Yuko plays in a supporting role.

Planning to watch it after Samurai High School and GTO season 2, speaking of Kimura Takuya my most favorite Jdorama of him is Love Generation it's just unfortunate that there is no oficial dvds beacuse of some rumored dispute among the producer and writers, the only material available is in VHS quality

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:26 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Let me know about Samurai High; I haven't seen that one.

I really liked the GTO Season 2 series, though. The themes are a little more serious than in season 1, but Onizuka tackles them in exactly the same way: head on. I thought it was good.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum