You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted Wed Nov 21 2012, 08:55

yogokazunori

yogokazunori

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I wanna play the trombone...

LOL!!!

Guitarist... Always wanted to be one...
Plus of course Rina fans know why.....

"That's why I keep on doing my best.
Cause I don't want to hurt people who said that they love me."
- Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 21 2012, 11:27

kaishun

kaishun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yogokazunori wrote:I wanna play the trombone...

LOL!!!

Guitarist... Always wanted to be one...
Plus of course Rina fans know why.....

true stroy bro me too want to be guitaristWould you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 804545

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 01 2013, 05:05

hanginG

hanginG

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Drums... though they are expensive T_T

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 8429811242_82b36d9644
Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 8428768715_0639229526

~thanks to goddess xTimoMamix for the beautiful sig~
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 02 2013, 23:44

assasinkid101

assasinkid101

Caless Student
Caless Student
guitarist.. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 804545

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 04 2013, 19:33

Jay_Waffle

Jay_Waffle

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i like both guitars and drums but if i were to choose between those two i'd definitely be a drummer :D

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Img_9112

HIMETAN BEAM

SCANDAL
NOGIZAKA46 · SAKURA GAKUIN · BABYMETAL
BiSH · 日向坂46 · 欅坂46
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 04 2013, 20:36

Kazu-x-Haz

Kazu-x-Haz

International Performer
International Performer
I like both Drums and Guitar when choose among the 2 i choose to become a Drummer Onion Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 06 2013, 04:35

Lathiifaa

Lathiifaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Both, I Love Music!! Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 763933

But I'm a bassist, and also a guitarist, and also want to be a drummer, maybe pianist to since rina-chan playing piano, haha.. Woow, i really love music!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 06 2013, 18:24

Rika-chan!

Rika-chan!

Caless Student
Caless Student
Drummer! I know how to play beatbox(instrument), that`s all.. .sweat.

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Tumblr_m2320yZZBp1rn9rvuo1_500

- credits to R.Parades of Tumblr -

.hail. Queen of Drums! .hail.

- special thanks to my big sister, Ceej!~ for making my siggy -
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 07 2013, 02:16

Kikokix

Kikokix

Caless Student
Caless Student
When I was 15, I really wanted to learn Drums, but since we don't have it, I have no chance to learn it. The only instrument we had was guitar. So, I learned to play guitar.

Then when I became a member of a band, I gradually learned to play drums as well. But basic only.

For me, it's cooler to be a guitarist especially if you have great licks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 19 2013, 06:28

lyngambo

lyngambo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ask.fm/lyngambo
I think I want both of them!!!! .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 19 2013, 20:39

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've always been a drummer so definitely a drummer, but sometimes play guitar, not good though. But being a drummer definitely has a lot of advantages in terms of music making. If you know a lot of beats then you could escape from the standard 4/4 beats and do something else.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 19 2013, 21:10

Baracuda

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yea, I'm definitely more proficient with the drums so I definitely prefer to be a drummer (I find it more enjoyable too). :3 But Guitar has many benefits that drums do not, a big one is that guitars are portable, drums are not even close to being portable haha. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 654914
Guitars also, much like the piano, can be played solo and listened by many for a long time. For drums, it's typically different, for instance, whenever my cousins and friends would ask me to play drums just to entertain them, I do simple beats, move to complex beats with fills in between of course (sometimes I just do fills after fills) Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 532549. By about 8-10 minutes I start to notice their attention-span is starting to slip away, this rarely happens for piano and guitar, or at least for me haha. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 438254

Oh Tomomi, making some naan. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 911293

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Dfe8 Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Scanda13Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 118
Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Daxb
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 20 2013, 17:18

Fenderous224

Fenderous224

Caless Student
Caless Student
I play both drums and guitar and i prefer playing guitar because playing drums is a pain since you cant take it around easily and you cant practise at night since it makes too much noise... except if you have an electric kit.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 20 2013, 21:45

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Baracuda wrote:Yea, I'm definitely more proficient with the drums so I definitely prefer to be a drummer (I find it more enjoyable too). :3 But Guitar has many benefits that drums do not, a big one is that guitars are portable, drums are not even close to being portable haha. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 654914
Guitars also, much like the piano, can be played solo and listened by many for a long time. For drums, it's typically different, for instance, whenever my cousins and friends would ask me to play drums just to entertain them, I do simple beats, move to complex beats with fills in between of course (sometimes I just do fills after fills) Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 532549. By about 8-10 minutes I start to notice their attention-span is starting to slip away, this rarely happens for piano and guitar, or at least for me haha. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 438254

But there's what you call a traveler's kit, right? haha that's still big.
There's also a cocktail drum kit

You could also play drums with the keyboard

Or if you're really desperate wanting to play a portable drumkit then try this:

hahaha Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 56458

BTW I think that would be a great gift for Rina.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:35

Baracuda

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Spoiler:

Hahaha, made me laugh greatly there! Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 641818
Yea, I would invest in like an electrical drum set, but any good quality ones out there are very expensive. T_T
Haha but I would definitely invest in the mini drum set! Who wouldn't?!? Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 49699

Oh Tomomi, making some naan. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 911293

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Dfe8 Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Scanda13Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 118
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 08:36

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In my opinion, every instrument has their own up sides and down sides, there are many differences in opinions of different people as to what instrument is difficult and easy in what aspect .ehem. . I personally think that Drums may be a little similar to the bass guitar( just spitballing here, bear with me) in that the bass and the drums both have an emphasis on rhythm, the bass on the heavy earth-rumbling type notes and the drums on the heavy sounding beats, but both have their own varying learning curves and easy aspects too Glasses Onion
But who am i to provide a half-assed thesis on this, as i am currently a Lead and Rhythm playing Guitarist with experience of 2 years :onionrider: , and love to play Scandal songs on my electric guitar, so the Guitar for life! Although i would love to pick up a bass guitar sometime in the near future

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 38602712
I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 13:16

Sensai Steve

Sensai Steve

International Performer
International Performer
I'm a guitarist. A bass guitarist. I've been playing bass for almost ten years. My favorite is Yamaha. Nothing beats a Yamaha on tone and power. Yamaha's are some of the most powerful bass guitars you can buy. Currently, I have two guitars. A Yamaha RBX374 and a Yamaha BB424. My third, is an Ibanez SR5000E Prestige. That will arrive anytime soon.

I have tried drums, but I'm not a fan of it. Guitar is more portable then drums. But both of them require skill to play, otherwise you're just making noise that's not appealing to anyone. That being said, it's hard to play drums and bass guitar solo. They make sense in a band, but not alone. Acoustics and electrics sound good both solo and in a band. Furthermore, I find that girls really love a guy who can play a guitar or the drums. They think it's attractive...don't know why.

I know many of the bass to Scandal's music and I'd love to have bass guitar battle with Tomomi on my RBX.
In conclusion. I would rather be a guitarist then a drummer. I will always plays bass guitar and always Japanese guitars. I tried to play regular guitar but I found the chords too complicated to learn and remember. Bass is nice and simple, four strings and not many chords.

Writers Catalogue

Where The Rubber Meets The Road (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
Front Page (2013, Scandal Fan fiction).
To The End Of The World (2014, Scandal Fan fiction).
The importance Of Being Piper (2015, Fallout 4 Fan fiction).
From The West To The East (2016, Fallout New Vegas Fan fiction).

Growth (2016, Novel)
A New Beginning (2019, Novel).
A New Beginning 2: By The Blood Of My Enemies (2019, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 1]: The Ballade Of The Dark Queen (2020, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 2]: The Song Of Male Desire (2021, Novel).
One Night Only (2023, Novel).
A Tale Of Two Sisters [Part 3]: A Hermit Out Of Her Shell (TBA-2024, Novel).
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 16:31

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I also started on regular guitar at High school but soon realised that with short stubby fingers
I was never going to be able to play lead guitar like my hero Eric ( slowhand ) Clapton.
But I also realised that every band needed a bass player and managed to buy a second hand
Hofner Violin bass ( like Paul McCartney's in the Beatles )
It worked and from 1964 I was always in a band, but sadly never famous.

Then I discovered American blues and wanted a Fender and finally managed to buy a tatty
Fender Jazz bass ( which I still have )
I never wanted to be a drummer, in England in the 60's they had a reputation for not being
very bright.
We would be sitting in the pub and our drummer Stan would say "I love my drums" !
"Yes of course you do Stan, have another drink" !

There are many bass players I admire like John Entwistle of 'The Who' and Jack Bruce who
played in many bands.
My favourite Japanese bass player is Tissue Hime and I love to watch him play, he also has
nice legs...hehe

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 16:41

nataku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've always loved rock music, particularly progressive rock, because of the guitar. Finally decided to get an electric guitar and try to learn to play last month.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 17:42

Baracuda

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Sorry for posting once more in this thread, but I have to comment!

@Mami FTW
I actually agree with you for the bass being similar with the drums. In most bands and such, the bass and drums work as one, in a sense. I have only been in a cover band, but I have viewed interviews from real bands and such where the bassist would bass "base" (pun not intended hehe) Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 282732 his rhythm based off from the drummers beat. Now this isn't always the case of course, but I do notice a pattern!

@Tonymiller
I've always wanted to know Tonymiller-sama's story on his journey with his bass! Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 572615 And yup, Tissue-Hime is my favorite Japanese Bassist too! He was one of the first nico-nico coverists I saw on youtube (From the God Knows video colab), and I have to admit, at first I thought he, was a she. Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 541521

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:39

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Baracuda
Good to know you agree with me on that basis dude .upwalk.. Exactly my point, that the bass and drums are pretty similar in rhythm and work in unison in a band. Yeah, i also agree with you that sometimes the Bassist bases his rhythm based on the drummer's beat, but also, some bassists may not follow that beat and concentrate more on what they are playing than matching their rhythm with the drummer's beat. Loved the pun, even if it was not intended lolz .clap.
Lastly, I could not help but notic your Sig bro, Naan is like a staple with many foods in my country, and tomo and mami making naan, Kawai! .dies.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:43

Baracuda

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Mami FTW, yup! For example Red Hot Chilli Peppers' bassist, Flea, is an extremely talented bass player! I notice a lot though he has his own beat, but it sure is a catchy/epic one! (Also turns out SCANDAL is a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers also! My heart jumped for a second when I saw that in an interview haha).

Ahh Yes Naan, I was quite surprised they attempted to make it! At first I didn't recognize it, but then I remembered that one time, I went over to my Lebanese friend's house. His mother cooked naan with chicken curry. Best, thing, ever! Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 450165 I'm assuming you saw the video with Mami and Tomomi making naan right?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 25 2013, 02:16

LooooLz

LooooLz

Caless Student
Caless Student
I prefer being a guitarist because when it comes to live performances The guitarist is Always the one who looks cool and being admired by the crowd .happy.

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 Scanda12

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 LooooLz293153
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 25 2013, 07:50

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Baracuda wrote:@Mami FTW, yup! For example Red Hot Chilli Peppers' bassist, Flea, is an extremely talented bass player! I notice a lot though he has his own beat, but it sure is a catchy/epic one! (Also turns out SCANDAL is a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers also! My heart jumped for a second when I saw that in an interview haha).

Ahh Yes Naan, I was quite surprised they attempted to make it! At first I didn't recognize it, but then I remembered that one time, I went over to my Lebanese friend's house. His mother cooked naan with chicken curry. Best, thing, ever! Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 450165 I'm assuming you saw the video with Mami and Tomomi making naan right?

@Baracuda-san: Yeah! I used to think that SCANDAL would be a fan of RHCP but seeing it being confirmed like this, awesome! .clap. Can you give me the interview title bro? Really want to see that interview

Yeah, Naan with chicken curry is the best, my Mum makes the best chicken curry with Naan ever, Sadly i don't have time to taste foods like this again as i will be off to Sidney in 4 days time! .whiteflag.

And i really, really wanted to see the Naan video in which Tomi and Mami made Naan but Damn Youtube is blocked in Pakistan so will try to connect via hotspot shield and let you know bro! I just saw your sig only.. .boom.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 27 2013, 12:38

Sugarcube

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
Hmmm. I've been playing the guitar since I was 10. But I would like to learn how to play the drums.

I would prefer to be a guitarist, though.

Would you be a guitarist or drummer? - Page 7 T2xy8t6
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.