Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 am

AsuraXIII

AsuraXIII

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, i saw the advertisement on tv before i fly off for holiday 30mins later.
i went to search for them at the airport wi-fi and fell in love with the song.

was intrigued to hear more as well, and kept on going ever since that day.
I was a drummer/Guitarist, Mami got me more motivated to keep going on practising!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 am

FaizIkari

FaizIkari

Caless Student
Caless Student
One word,BLEACH...
I'm a fan of the series and the first time I heard Shojo S,I think the song is kinda cool...
But I fell in love with SCANDAL when the first time I saw Shunkan Sentimental PV...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 am

Roman_92

Roman_92

Caless Student
Caless Student
I found Scandal in a Blog, when they Release Doll

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 1b781aa8
MAMI LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Neyodemos

Neyodemos

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Neyodemos
TomomixOgawa wrote:Well, as for me, my friend was the one who told me about them. She showed the the PV for Shunkan Sentimental and I instantly fell in love LOVE
Then I searched for more of their songs on the internet, which I then I discovered songs like Shoujo S, Doll, Beauteen, and the story goes on ~~~~~~
Tomomi even inspired me to play the bass, which I am still continuing to learn today \^o^/
So what's your story?

Similar story to me. I was wandering the web searching for Japanese singers, and found Miwa and Emi Hinouchi, and then in a Fan Top of jap Songs there was Scandal Shoujo S at 1st. And then I went there. Fell in love with their songs and with tomo, and Like you I started to play bass, just because of her, and now I'm both addicted in her and in my bass, learning almost all the songs of Scandal =D

.smile. Scandal Rocks.

Neyodemos

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 am

chi-xz9

chi-xz9

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://tumblr.com/chi-xz9
While watching Bleach. It was for the Shoujo-S opening theme. I was wondering why they all went schoolgirl all of a sudden. Then I checked the PV, and the rest... as they say... is history.

Mami-chan is Onion Love Love

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Tumblr_mj6hkcvnjI1rckpz2o1_1280
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:55 am

TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I knew SCANDAL when my sister showed me the opening for Bleach called
'Shoujo S' then I watched their PV for it. .dance.

After a while, I fell in love with them. Simple in falling in love with them, right? .common.

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

tatguy

tatguy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For me, at first i heard ShojoS on bleach, thought it was nice but did not really pay attention to it( was not really a music listener at that time).

But about a year+- back, was extremely free and bored for unknown magical reasons and decided to try listening to some music to feel what it is like.

And the first song i thought of was Shojo S, and some other OSTs and anime songs as i am also an anime fan but the kind who skips both the opening and closing songs.I seriously do not listen to music much before this so it is actually quite amazing how Shojo S managed to make me pause for awhile to listen to it during this time most probably because of how powerfully Haruna starts the song.

BUT still was not a fan of music yet although it is starting to grow on me that time i think. Then was watching FMA and Shunkan SENTIMENTAL came out, thought it sounded familiar so i went to google it and started watching the PV of it ( YES even though i heard Shojo S i did not see its PV or SCANDAL themselves before .fustrated. ARGH! why did i not find out about them earlier!! ) and this is the first time i seen SCANDAL.

And then decided to search for their lives to see how good the really are....and after a few videos...POOF! i became a fan .wow.

In conclusion SCANDAL played a part in dragging me into the world of music too .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:32 am

SeleneUsagi

SeleneUsagi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I was searching about music, I'm not very fan of the J-music, i was searching for the song Don't Say Lazy of HTT.

A friend told me that the song was sang by a band named SCANDAL and he show me a PV named SPACE RANGER, since that moment I "fall in love" of their music.

After that day, i was searching all their discography and listened all their song one by one (because many bands make me disappointed to know that only have one good song and the rest are just noise) i was surprising that SCANDAL is a exception to that affirmation.

Now I want to know everything about this band, and saving money to buy their original discography, and SCANDAL will be the first band that I will buy their discography .nerd.

I'm not a huge SCANDAL fan, but now I know that they caught my attention at 100% and day by day i "fall in love" with their excellent music .love.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Sin_ta11
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Syachi10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.cool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:57 pm

ShinjuHaruka_Ishikawa

ShinjuHaruka_Ishikawa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, 2 years ago a friend of mine recommended me to listen to their music. So I did, the next day... OMG!!! Rina Suzuki was the first one to get my attention when I watched the PV of Beauteen and Shoujo S, even if she is waaaayyy at the back.Those were the two songs I first listened to, then I stopped.A year later, my "scandal senses" were reactivated when I met people who love J-Rock too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 am

mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Definitely from BLEACH! When Shoujo S became their OP theme. All of my SCANDAL addiction started there. At first they didn't caught my attention, but upon searching about them, BOOM! Mami stole me from Haru (since Haru caught me when I saw Shoujo S PV). ^^ .upwalk.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 GwLkWlB

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 pm

hutarocks

hutarocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This was happen while i'm searching another band from japan beside L'arc en ciel and the Gazette from another music forum
and there was a thread that discussed about SCANDAL
from its name, it made me curious and i began to read that thread and tried to watch SCANDAL's PV.....it was Sakura Goodbye. The song were ear-catchy and i like it
after that i began to explore all information about SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:03 am

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i found out about them about 2 years ago because of Animax showing the Sakura Goodbye PV where i actually said, "what the heck is with this band? they're not good" [FORGIVE ME. .scared. I WANT TO KILL MYSELF TOO FOR SAYING THIS BEFORE] then last year, i heard Shunkan Sentimental from FMA.. i started searching their PV's... there i realized that they sang Shojo S from bleach...... i started collecting their MV's... and i was like "oh wow, there good.." then there this moment where i saw Sakura Goodbye again, "FUUUUUU--- they were these girls?!"

oh well, i super duper love them now Onion Love Love

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Rinaxchan89

Rinaxchan89

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56842701@N02/
Actually, it was a few years back that I've heard of them... or seen them of sorts.

I was, and still am, a big Love Hina fan (Ken Akamatsu's mangas are great!), because like I always said, "Everything I need to learn about love, I learned in Love Hina" Onion Love

So as a fan of the series, I decided to look for my favorite character's images using our good friend, Google. I stumbled into a CD cover of this new J-Rock band named SCANDAL and had anime cover in the essence of The Beatle's Let It Be album (yep, it was SCANDAL's YAH! YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL album).

Of course at that time I thought to myself, "a J-Rock band named SCANDAL... oookkkkaaaaayyy". Simply judged the book by its cover; in this case, the band by its name.

Years later (which was circa 2010) I once again stumbled on them but this time actually heard them sing Scandal Baby (also due to the fact I gotten older and words like SCANDAL don't scare me as much LOL) and was really impressed.

And ironically, or more fittingly, the first song that I truly liked and cemented my love for them was Koi no Kajitsu from YAH! YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL! minialbum. .happy.

I was slightly angry at myself for neglecting them at first .fustrated.
but as the saying goes, better late than never; and the fact that wine does get better with age, so do these girls became better musically and of course... the looks LOVE

I said a lot there... .wew.

And who did I like first? It was MAMI... but when I saw BeauTEEN, I fell madly in love with RINA LOVE

So there you have it! Time to hit the books! (forever alone...)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 am

ZaleraUmbra1406

ZaleraUmbra1406

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hmmm... Actually I've never heard of SCANDAL before (or at least, not before I started watching Bleach). I was listening to one of the opening themes of Bleach on YT when I saw Shoujo S at the side bar. So, I clicked it, listened to it, and said, "Meh. It's okay, I guess."

But after actually seeing the opening in one of the episodes, I downloaded the song.

And then the next day, a friend of mine posted on FB saying, "SCANDAL is the best!" I suddenly got curious and decided to do a search about the band on Google and Wikipedia (and Facebook).

I stumbled upon a group solely dedicated to SCANDAL and joined. I viewed some of the photos and said, "Whoa! These girls are cute!"

So, I got hooked on listening to Shoujo S but I was also getting tired of it since it was the only SCANDAL song I was listening to. I went to YT and searched for more of their songs. I then saw a video of their live performance of Shunkan Sentimental. I read some of the comments saying that Shunkan Sentimental is probably SCANDAL's most popular song because of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. At the time, I wasn't a fan of that anime.

I liked Shunkan Sentimental and downloaded it. Then I looked at the related videos and saw the PV of Pride. I didn't really like Pride at first, but it eventually grew on me. So, I downloaded it too. It was only a matter of time until I decided to listen to more of SCANDAL's songs.

Now, I have 23 of their songs in my DS Lite (I only use my DS as an MP3), and counting! Also, I fell in love with Haruna How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 911293 when I watched one of their interviews.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 am

ghesai

ghesai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The Scandal Arc.

Few months ago.. out of boredom i browse some manga on internet to read to.. then i remembered that i didn't yet finished the story of the FullMetal alchemist. read the manga then watched the anime (yeah i'm quite disturbed because the 1st anime didn't follow the manga) forcing me to watch the remake FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. then saw the 4th ending theme shunkan sentimental. and started to fall... opppz wait not yet...

its a routine of mine to download OST of what i recently watched anime and saving it to my ipod touch. after a while there is a particular song caught my attention but i couldn't understand it because of the japanese character then a background picture of a four girls on my itunes. yet still lazy to do some research..

one day while browsing pictures of my idol cosplayer Alodia Gosiengfiao on net then saw this pic..
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 74255_1582468214063_1606449627_1300632_1028359_n

immediately i remembered those girls with Alodia in the picture are in my ipod. and also according to Alodia she is a big fan of them(Scandal). so from that point knowing now the name of the band begun my journey of "Google-ing" them... and as they say the rest is History!

but the Scandal Arc isn't over... yet... .smile.

Want some gif's of Scandal like the one below? it's not too late! get it HERE now its free!

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Dobonduo16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:39 am

ZX636

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was randomly looking up information about SCANDAL and one forum lead me to this one. Where I learned that SCANDAL MIGHT be visiting the US for a con. I'm really grateful for this site for all the info that everyone shares and if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have had the chance to meet SCANDAL. Arigatou! How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 958202

@ AM2 (2011) - Autograph Panel

Tomomi - "You smell good!"

Me - "...." How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 79339
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was first exposed to SCANDAL when the anime blog Random Curiosity linked to a video their performance of Don't Say Lazy. I was becoming obsessed with K-ON! at the time, since I had just started watching it. Their cover was rather different compared to the original, so I didn't think much of SCANDAL at that time. I probably just kept them in the back of my mind as a sort of real-life parallel to Houkago Tea Time. I think I even remembered seeing the announcement of their invitation to AM^2, and I only though, "Oh yeah, I've heard of them before." ARGH IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN THEM BETTER BACK THEN... I would've gone down to SoCal to see them.

Flash forward to last month, after I had watched Ano Hana. I looked up ZONE's Secret Base PV and also saw SCANDAL's. I thought wow, the vocalist and drummer are really pretty, and this girl bassist is pretty legit (Secret Base's bassline is pretty simple, but the way she played just gave off that true bassist vibe, not a guitarist who was forced to play bass). At this time, I hadn't even noticed Mami at all, since she was hiding in the shadows on the side in the PV >_>

I watched the Haruka PV via the related links. I thought the mix of playing instruments and dancing was odd, but I liked the song, so I became more interested.

So then I decided to look them up on Wikipedia, like I always do with new bands. I checked out YAH! YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL and loved it for the garage rock sound. More and more searching led me to find this forum, where I learned more about Mami. And here I am now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 am

pcd6music

pcd6music

Caless Student
Caless Student
SNSD was heading to Japan, so Soshified started posting segments, blogs and videos of famous Japanese artists that were excited to see SNSD in Japan.

Scandal was one of them. I watched the video and thought "oh these girls interest me. They're cute. I wonder what kind of music they play" and so, I youtubed them. Shoujo S came up, i watched it and fell in love <3 I kept searching and searching and any song on Youtube I pretty much found good. That's how I came to like Scandal....and then I saw Rina <33333 lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:57 pm

White Wasabi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Whaaaattt??
There exist a thread like this and i´ve never post here? How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 688108

Well this is a long story (take some food+drinks for this) xD

I remember the time i´ve listen to music like System of a Down and Dragonforce, at one day a friend tell me about scandal and i was interristed. ( damn you reachie for kick me into this awesome fanboyism How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 25165 )
Much days have passed and everyday i got more stuff to see from the girls.
pictures, pv, or just fun stuff.
It takes less then 1 month to get me as fan of scandal.
Now i cant live without their music and everyday is an awesome day with scandal.
To bad i live in germany, its hard to purchase their cd´s and its ever harder to get some special things like shunkan cd or photobook.
But ill stop this and just purchase as many as i can on CDJapan.
My dream ahahahah just visit ONE CONCERT of ´em.
All this Jpop,Jrock and and and... but Scandal is my favorite!

Thx for reading this story of a boy who cant resist to scandal How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 450165

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 am

Xiee

Xiee

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://shijirou.tumblr.com
I'm quite the Anime/Manga fanatic so I watch a lot of Anime. I first noticed Scandal's song in one of Bleach's endings (Shoujo S). I'm also quite the music enthusiast (I myself play the lead guitar at our church band), so I add the song to my music collection on my phone so I can listen to it anywhere I go. At that point, I never bothered to look up Scandal since I was quite diverse in different Jpop/Jrock songs and didn't have a particular favorite group. The next song that caught my attention was Shukan Sentimental on Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. This is where I first started to research about Scandal, but back then, I was not into them yet. It was not until I saw Scandal do a cover of "Don't Say Lazy" from K-On. The rest is history... ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 am

ragna

ragna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
by the opening of bleach.

the first time I listened to time.

normalmante when a song I like I look at the name of the song and the name of the band.

but always forgot one day playing on the nintendo ds. playing bleach ds 4th flame bringer

listen to it again, end the game and the credits appeared.

youtube search and found the opening and pv.

from there I went crazy with scandal and now I can not stop listening

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 398967_165951173525697_100003324458211_235655_611136582_n-1
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:38 am

harukichi

harukichi

Caless Student
Caless Student
i know SCANDAL by watching Ano Hana
i love the ending song of that anime, kimi ga kureta mono
then, i try to find the PV of that song
but PV that i found is from SCANDAL, though kimi ga kureta mono is a song from zone
i love voice of Haruna when singing that song
i also hear the Voice of Tomo
that's made me love Tomo so much

since that time, i love SCANDAL How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 572615

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 News_Scandal_Tempt1b
kimi no kawari nante inai kara
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:21 am

HamiTori

HamiTori

Caless Student
Caless Student
I get to know SCANDAL through AFA last year. I was amazed by their live rock band performance.

Then I found Scandal Heaven and joined as member to further involve in their activities.

Ever since then, I love their songs and them especially Rina-chan (she looks cool when playing drum).

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 R_qOM7hcxftphp1YJa8e
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:55 pm

ileana_guzmo14

ileana_guzmo14

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My friend show me the Shoujo S PV Nice one

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 14 Collag10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:15 am

Elixir08

Elixir08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Before I tried to discover them, I saw their name in FMA:Brotherhood's ending theme, Shunkan Sentimental.

Then, in March 2011, I saw a post made by a friend of mine, it was SCANDAL's picture with some info about them (name, year of birth etc). Then I tried to look for them thru net, and the story goes on XD

.pinch.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.