Re: General Discussion
Posted Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:12 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
clem84 wrote:
astuffds wrote:The idea just occurred to me sometime ago,
since SHCB is very lively recently (I mean, 5 projects announced within a span of 4 months! That's really cool! New record?)

I've been thinking,
how about we make one special cover project with more band members, for example maybe we can cover "Your Song" with 3 or more vocalists, more players on each instruments, so we can go (woooow! wooooow! wooooow!) together with all band members singing as well.

Just throwing out ideas, what do you guys think?
I can't sing but I guess I could handle WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOO, WOOO .wew.

"Your Song" is among those I've been wanting to cover. There's about a dozen I'd like to do.

I'd be on board.

Thanks clem84!
Yup, that collaboration kind of thing, only it's a cover. And everyone involved could just go woooow woooow wooow! lol

I know since we are separated like thousands miles away, the music department and also dividing the vocal part might be trickier than our usual projects, so perhaps there has to be one or two band members laying out the guide and arrangement so everyone else just needs to do as instructed. (And of course it doesn't have to be "Your Song", but that's the first song I had in mind)

I just think it'd be cool .clap. looking forward to hear more thoughts from all of you guys!

-
Check out my SCANDAL artwork

General Discussion - Page 14 Stis_b11

General Discussion - Page 14 Insta11

General Discussion - Page 14 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:00 am

Spongy

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'd be down, although I'm not sure how the specifics would work. I think it'd be cool to add extra voice or guitar harmonies, but that might not work for drum and bass parts.

Your Song is a good example; wasn't it based off a bunch of letters Scandal received from fans? (Having trouble looking that up atm) So if we did a larger collaboration it would be very appropriate. But yeah they have a lot of good songs sooo :p

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:39 am

gt.ch

gt.ch

Caless Student
Caless Student
astuffds wrote:I've been thinking,
how about we make one special cover project with more band members, for example maybe we can cover "Your Song" with 3 or more vocalists, more players on each instruments, so we can go (woooow! wooooow! wooooow!) together with all band members singing as well.
I think that's a great idea!

I was thinking that maybe it doesn't have to be that fixed of a form, maybe it'll be cool to try having many of each part playing the same thing a la the 1000 musicians playing "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters in the video below.

But instead of gathering in the same field, we could have many people submit their own parts?

I don't do a lot of editing personally so I'm not sure if this is a feasible idea from that perspective, but just a thought.  .upwalk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:21 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think multiple guitars can be done if each guitar plays different parts at the same time. (i.e different octaves, riffs, open chords) 

for drums, a bit tricky. but if there are two drummers maybe one can play the basic beats and the other can get more percussive with high-hats or rim-shots.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:51 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
gt.ch wrote:
astuffds wrote:I've been thinking,
I think that's a great idea!

I was thinking that maybe it doesn't have to be that fixed of a form, maybe it'll be cool to try having many of each part playing the same thing a la the 1000 musicians playing "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters in the video below.

But instead of gathering in the same field, we could have many people submit their own parts?

I don't do a lot of editing personally so I'm not sure if this is a feasible idea from that perspective, but just a thought.  .upwalk.

Wow! That video is sooooooo awesome, gt.ch! That way perhaps even having people playing the same lines for the same part look possible and maybe sounds really cool!
.toj.

madeindar wrote:i think multiple guitars can be done if each guitar plays different parts at the same time. (i.e different octaves, riffs, open chords) 

for drums, a bit tricky. but if there are two drummers maybe one can play the basic beats and the other can get more percussive with high-hats or rim-shots.

Right,
Then it's completely doable, even probably really really fun to do, but how about the arrangement? The mixing? Would there be difficulties?

Should we just play it like SCANDAL does for whatever song we are going to pick, or would it be better if we make our own arrangement?

For members that have experience in handling music work, any input for this idea?

-

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:08 pm

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

got a bit spare time so i made this, it might not sound much but it actually has 6 guitar tracks playing different parts at the same time. 

TEST

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:56 pm

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
madeindar wrote:got a bit spare time so i made this, it might not sound much but it actually has 6 guitar tracks playing different parts at the same time. 

TEST

Ooh! Nice one madeindar!
.clap.

It sounds quite different. Interesting! Is it difficult to arrange lots of different guitar lines? Perhaps everyone could come up with their own guitar lines.. hmm.

I guess we can only decide whether to do it or not later after the ongoing projects are nearly done - but I think this could be exciting to do!

-

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:24 pm

gt.ch

gt.ch

Caless Student
Caless Student
madeindar wrote:got a bit spare time so i made this, it might not sound much but it actually has 6 guitar tracks playing different parts at the same time. 

TEST

Thanks for the great demo, madeindar! I really love intensely overlayed guitar tracks  .love.

If we do do something like this someone has to write out an arrangement beforehand, I think. It would be quite unbalanced if everyone wrote their own part without any communication. :/

An alternative is to have many guitars playing the same part which would be easier to coordinate and have a nice big sound as well. I'll try to post a demo of that this week too!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 pm

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
if we really want to do this i would suggest the song STANDARD. it is basically a 'free for all' song. has simple progression, lots of space to experiment with your instruments, can fit lots of vocal parts and choirs (and shouts!), and most importantly its quite easy to play.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
madeindar wrote:if we really want to do this i would suggest the song STANDARD. it is basically a 'free for all' song. has simple progression, lots of space to experiment with your instruments, can fit lots of vocal parts and choirs (and shouts!), and most importantly its quite easy to play.

I love STANDARD too.

Also, I have my video/audio of guitar, drums and bass for STANDARD ( https://youtu.be/eO1R0dfhIDc ) all done and ready if people are down to do this as the megacover.

Just to add a footnote re: projects 13 and 14 - to those involved, please record your video parts as you normally do. I've not been posting in the SHCB thread as much as I've been busy of late. Should have my free time back once, err... #SCEU2016 is over. Grin

General Discussion - Page 14 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:36 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Megacover, lol. I love how it sounds.

I think we should do this. SCANDAL is aware of SHCB and our previous projects, the pace of announced projects recently has been rapid with more members interested to take part, not to mention it'll be project number 15 if we put it right after the 14th (y'know, that once in n.5 kind of celebration, lol). One unique project would do nicely!

We could vote for the song later, but how does taking this as our 15th project sound? XD
Current tally for next song before this idea popped out is 4 with Koe leading

-

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:13 am

lethaldj13

lethaldj13

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/RolandPada
astuffds wrote:Megacover, lol. I love how it sounds.

I think we should do this. SCANDAL is aware of SHCB and our previous projects, the pace of announced projects recently has been rapid with more members interested to take part, not to mention it'll be project number 15 if we put it right after the 14th (y'know, that once in n.5 kind of celebration, lol). One unique project would do nicely!

We could vote for the song later, but how does taking this as our 15th project sound? XD
Current tally for next song before this idea popped out is 4 with Koe leading

cool!! im very open with the idea of multiple musicians doing the cover and overlaying instruments 

i actually love it ! lol 

.love.

please check out my channel~

i do a bunch of guitar video's as well as other things like games

https://www.youtube.com/user/lethaldj13

General Discussion - Page 14 FnJCu84

Personal blog~ check it out if you have time

https://cannedthoughtblog.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 am

pinq

pinq

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
meh, mendokuse hahahaha jk
standard would be good, my suggestion is queen are trumps as u can hear theres so many overdub guitar here and they didnt play it on live

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
pinq wrote:meh, mendokuse hahahaha jk
standard would be good, my suggestion is queen are trumps as u can hear theres so many overdub guitar here and they didnt play it on live

Pfft yeah you'll get abundance of instruments for you to mix, pinq
.evilgrin.

-

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:12 am

Miss Demise

Miss Demise

Caless Student
Caless Student
For the megacover we can separate and assign different parts to each participant. Let me explain: for example, from 00.00 to 0.45 of the lead guitar to GuitarGuy1, from 0.45 to 1.26 to GuitarGuy2. And we do this with each instrument. The other option is to play all together or by sub-groups, but the audio won't be saturated? I'm not an expert, so what do you think?

I think the megacover is a great idea, but maybe for choosing the song we should start a new votation? I saw you where doing votations and Koe was leading, but for this "megacover" we should start a new one. 

Well, that's my opinion, I joined yesterday and I'm new on this..sweat.

You have said: Standard, Your Song and Queens are Trumps.

I will listen all the CDs during the day and think about it...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:53 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
As the general discussion thread also holds the tally of votes for songs that need covering, I'll put a reminder to all here:

CLASSICS

Koe - 4 (clem84, astuffds, kudo, lethaldj13)
OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)
Taiyou to kimi ga egaku Story - 1 (marcoatendido)
Runners high - 1 (shirokun)
Weather Report - 1 (spongy)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Sunday Drive - 3 (neopode, spongy, marcoatendido, lethaldj13)
Konya wa Pizza Party - 1 (astuffds)

Is there still any interest in this megacover project? Perhaps opening a new thread may be better?

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Miss Demise

Miss Demise

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:As the general discussion thread also holds the tally of votes for songs that need covering, I'll put a reminder to all here:

CLASSICS

OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)
Runners high - 1 (shirokun)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Sunday Drive - 3 (neopode, spongy, marcoatendido, lethaldj13)

Is there still any interest in this megacover project? Perhaps opening a new thread may be better?

I think that we should open a new thread if you are interested and discuss what could we do in that thread.

My votes:
CLASSIC: Runners high
YELLOW/NEW STUFF: Sunday Drive

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:28 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
CLASSICS

Runners high - 2 (shirokun, miss demise)
OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Sunday Drive - 4 (neopode, spongy, marcoatendido, lethaldj13, miss demise)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:05 pm

pinq

pinq

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ill vote for taiyou to kimi ga egaku story and sunday drive

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:31 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
CLASSICS

Taiyou to kimi ga egaku Story - 2 (marcoatendido, pinq)
OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Sunday Drive - 6 (neopode, spongy, marcoatendido, lethaldj13, miss demise, pinq)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:28 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Miss Demise wrote:For the megacover we can separate and assign different parts to each participant. Let me explain: for example, from 00.00 to 0.45 of the lead guitar to GuitarGuy1, from 0.45 to 1.26 to GuitarGuy2. And we do this with each instrument. The other option is to play all together or by sub-groups, but the audio won't be saturated? I'm not an expert, so what do you think?

I think the megacover is a great idea, but maybe for choosing the song we should start a new votation? I saw you where doing votations and Koe was leading, but for this "megacover" we should start a new one. 

Well, that's my opinion, I joined yesterday and I'm new on this..sweat.

You have said: Standard, Your Song and Queens are Trumps.

I will listen all the CDs during the day and think about it...

kudo_maharizu wrote:

.nerd.
Right. I guess new thread might be best as it's basically a project.

Perhaps we shall see after one of the current ongoing projects is done, so there wouldn't be too many projects running at the same time
.balloon.

I hope we can make this one though. Sounds fun!

-

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:59 pm

cendol

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:CLASSICS

OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Sunday Drive - 6 (neopode, spongy, marcoatendido, lethaldj13, miss demise, pinq)

vote for taiyou to kimi ga egaku story... i stil haven't thought about new stuff

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Kevindas

Kevindas

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/kevindas
kudo_maharizu wrote:CLASSICS

OVERDRIVE - 1 (Made)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

I'd vote for OVERDRIVE, such a fun song. Not sure if my vote have any value since I'm new though haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:39 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Of course it counts!

Grin

CLASSICS

Taiyou to kimi ga egaku Story - 3 (marcoatendido, pinq, cendol)
OVERDRIVE - 2 (Made, Kevindas)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

Back to top Go down

PROJECT #15 COMING UP REAL SOON!
Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Yo, peeps.

It's that time again. SHCB's SCANDAL BABY cover is done and dusted, being uploaded on to YouTube as I type this. Which is great as SCANDAL BABY came up tops in the recent Top Ten #SCABEST47 fan vote - should make great Twitter spam fodder.

Grin

And from the recent tally:

CLASSICS

Taiyou to kimi ga egaku Story - 3 (marcoatendido, pinq, cendol)
OVERDRIVE - 2 (Made, Kevindas)

YELLOW/NEW STUFF

The next project after TAKE ME OUT will be an oldie, and the top vote for the next oldie is Koe which is coincidentally #2 in the recent #SCABEST47 fan vote.

Are we all happy for Koe to be the next cover? Unless more people start coming in and change the tally hehe (I find this unlikely as this thread has been quiet for nearly three weeks).

We will start the new thread once marco and/or I hear from you, and after the SCANDAL BABY cover vid is finally up on YouTube.

So, please consider this post a heads up for the upcoming project. This thread will be updated to announce the opening of the new project thread - so keep an eye out if you want in!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.