Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: Where did your username come from?
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This thread is an old one for sure. But anyway. I'll try to remember mine.

Originally this username was intended for the band I played with when I was in highschool. So basically I was a new member in the band who replaced someone else and there were also other new members. After playing for some time together, we decided to change the band's name for a new fresh image, one of the members came up with a new name that was so lame that the others members were like "How the hell did you get this name?" Where did your username come from? - Page 17 56458 and but we actually used it. However, I decided to do some brainstorming at home and "raynsity" came in mind with some philosophical meaning to it but I think I don't need to tell the details of it. In the period of highschool, it was like a trend that a lot of bands play words to get their band's name, like Linkin Park, Staind, Korn, Puddle of Mudd or Skrape.

Raynsity was basically a play from the word "rain" and "city" and "rain city" itself is an English translation of my hometown's nickname "Kota Hujan." In the end, I never got the chance to tell the other members about this name because at that time we already graduated and everyone were busy with their own studies as we attended college in different cities so our band just disbanded like that. Instead of it going into waste I decided to use it as a username in most of the forums that I joined.

It took a while for me to remember all this and definitely brought a lot of memories and the fact that I never told this to anyone.is just amazing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm

animefan01

animefan01

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Animefan01 because I am one of those who are number one fans of animes!

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Tumblr_mysmzpe8JO1rjiodyo1_500
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
My name was made from one of those Facebook/forum games.
This particular one was your favourite food + favourite animal.
At the time I really liked waffles and was reading about archaeology so waffles and dinosaurs made WaffleDino. I started using it as my aliases for games and other user names because it was just outrageously silly haha.

Please check out my ongoing project: Fender Stratocaster SSS "Mami Model"
IT'S GOING TO LOOK AWESOME!!!

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
raynsity wrote:Raynsity was basically a play from the word "rain" and "city" and "rain city" itself is an English translation of my hometown's nickname "Kota Hujan." In the end, I never got the chance to tell the other members about this name because at that time we already graduated and everyone were busy with their own studies as we attended college in different cities so our band just disbanded like that. Instead of it going into waste I decided to use it as a username in most of the forums that I joined.
That is quite an interesting origin of your username, raynsity! =)
But has the substitute of the 'i' (for a y) and the 's' (for a 'c') an additional meaning, too..?

SakataJun wrote:My real first name is Jun which was given to me by my grandmother.
Sakata is not my real last name but it was my grandmother's maiden name
(my grandfather and father are Korean, my grandmother is japanese and my
mother is half japanese) so I decided to use it.
That is a pretty complicated arrangement of nationalities, SakataJun! And a nice homage to your grandmother. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm

scantalous

scantalous

International Performer
International Performer
As for my username,, well its obvious. it came from these 3 words;
SCANDAL, CANTA, and SCANDALOUS
- scantalous -
pretty simple huh..

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 F5hZrIc
Do you ever feel like you want a revenge
Back to top Go down

RANDOM
Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm

lyngambo

lyngambo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ask.fm/lyngambo
My username came from my original name. Happy I took the last three letters on my first name then the first four letters of my surname. Yep that's it. Where did your username come from? - Page 17 438254

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My username i.e. Mami FTW! .cool. came from my having a MAJOR crush on Mami when I started listening to Scandal back in 2009 Thumbs Onion , and well Mami is really awesome so i came up with Mami For the Win! ( also, if you don't know it already i am crazy about Mami and Tomo too .clap. )

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 38602712
I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
lyngambo wrote:My username came from my original name. Where did your username come from? - Page 17 628112 I took the last three letters on my first name then the first four letters of my surname. Yep that's it. Where did your username come from? - Page 17 438254
What about the remaining letter, lyngamb? =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ what about yours Myo?

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Myo-Hwa wrote:

Mine comes from an old Korean legend about the monk Uisang. The story is a maybe too lengthy to type here, but in the end, Myo Hwa ends up to be the eternal protectress of Pusok-sa. And Pusok-sa is a Buddhist temple in Taebaek mountains, formed by that Uisang. I was somewhat into Son Buddhism for a time, but beside that, Myo Hwa meant something nice like 'delicate flower'. I do not know why, but I really like that name. ^^

There you go Peace Onion

But I prefer calling him Myoooo Onion Wahaha

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
oh thanks about that :D

ohh so Myo's into legends, huh :3

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm

chaii

Caless Student
Caless Student
.it's my nickname Where did your username come from? - Page 17 804545

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

nekopi028

nekopi028

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
a combination of my favorite animal and my nickname ^_^ my RO2 character name too Happy

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Vlcsna10 Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Vlcsna11

SCANDAL.MAMI  .smile. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 am

awan

awan

Caless Student
Caless Student
It comes from my name abbrevation. "Ardy" and "Setyawan". So, I shortened to "Awan".
In Indonesia languange, awan means cloud. .smile.

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 526595_574753712552867_1500330539_n

SCANDAL will always be number 1 in the world
< Mami Sasazaki - Haruna Ono - Rina Suzuki - Tomomi Ogawa>
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Enchengo

Enchengo

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've been using this username for a few years now. When I was 5 or 6 years younger than I am now, I used to use the username Ichigo363 for everything. It was even my original xbox live gamertag. When I was in a party chat with my friends, one of them would always refer to me as Enchengo. The name kind of stuck and I've used it for everything for the last two to three years.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:24 am

Hiei

Hiei

International Performer
International Performer
Hiei of Yu Yu Hakusho

In the morning, let the sun give you enough warmth which my love fails to do. And at noon, let the wind carry my felicitations and bring it to you. With louder sounds, bury it more, until only our hearts can hear that song which plays only between the two of us. If possible, make the night darker until our emotions are radiant enough to be seen. 

This clock which ticks differently on the two of us, hasten its pace so that our paths may converge in the future. This clock which fills me with sorrow as it reminds of how impossible it is for me to even see you, hasten its pace so that my sorrows would be drowned. Let me sleep therefore, so that I could prepare for tomorrow, as I did today, in making these thoughts and aspirations materialize. So let me sleep then, so that your presence would give me hints in accomplishing these goals.

QUEENS DON'T REACH THE TOP JUST BY BEING CUTE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 am

quacky

quacky

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
copycat wrote:for me

copycat is from Pokemon Gold / Silver (yeah, it had in Yu-Gi-Oh! too)

and i love cats >w<

very easy reason.lol.

my username came from my high school dayyyss Happy my close friends called me that way for no reason just for fun Happy SO ITS QUACKY Happy Where did your username come from? - Page 17 572615

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 <a href=Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Tumblr11" />

[url=Where did your username come from? - Page 17 ZyLI8Ij][IMG]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:55 am

donkdoronkdonk

donkdoronkdonk

International Performer
International Performer
just come out from my mind.. *tet tet ret tet ret* then comes donkdoronkdonk .happy.

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Rina_s14

.dance. RINA .dance.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:19 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
When I was 5 and I started to pronounce my first english words (most of the times words from video games) I used to pronounce ''Random'' as '''Radom'' and it became ''Raddom'' I just added another ''d''. .smile.

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:56 am

IAK

IAK

Caless Student
Caless Student
my IAK = KAI, which is one word of my whole name~ ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 am

Uselessx3

Uselessx3

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
cuz im useless .lol. x3 ( face ) Please Onion

Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Tumblr_mltizuGgON1r482jao4_400
Where did your username come from? - Page 17 955107Hi Hi Hi Where did your username come from? - Page 17 955107
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Myo-Hwa wrote:
raynsity wrote:Raynsity was basically a play from the word "rain" and "city" and "rain city" itself is an English translation of my hometown's nickname "Kota Hujan." In the end, I never got the chance to tell the other members about this name because at that time we already graduated and everyone were busy with their own studies as we attended college in different cities so our band just disbanded like that. Instead of it going into waste I decided to use it as a username in most of the forums that I joined.
That is quite an interesting origin of your username, raynsity! =)
But has the substitute of the 'i' (for a y) and the 's' (for a 'c') an additional meaning, too..?

Nope. just like I said it's a play from those words. In English there's something that you call Homophone, where two different words with different spellings are pronounced the same and have different meanings. However in my case. raynsity doesn't exist in English so it doesn't have a meaning

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:34 am

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
My second character on an online game. Somehow it managed to get to high level first and I had chats with other people often on that character. And it got famous, so...

I use it on every other thing I use now, if not taken...

.omg.Where did your username come from? - Page 17 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:36 pm

StarGirl23

StarGirl23

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like StarGirl23 because it seems rather... plain? Like it's common and usual. I don't like having eye-wateringly difficult or long names.
I used to be quite interested in astronomy (still am, though to a lesser extent), thus the 'star' part. I also like cricket a lot, and my favourite player is Michael Clarke from Australia. His shirt number's 23, so...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:48 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well mine is easy to figure out right ? ^^

First letters of the girls we all like Where did your username come from? - Page 17 12776 Just came to me when i registered and thought it looks nice.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next