Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments
Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:35 am

bouvip

bouvip

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
babaloued wrote:I didn't play with it yet as I have to leave home in a moment but I used to play on Jumbo fret and as this one is medium-jumbo (if i'm not mistaken), it's kinda disturbing lol Otherwise, no one move hopefully xD. Just some frets from the 19th looks rusted but when i touched, it was not

Only goods I mentioned come with (strap, gig bag, tools -> if you count this as a good lol)

Thanks.  I actually meant how are the fret ends. Are they noticeably sharp? Tends to happen on cheaper guitars.

Aw I was hoping for like a signed pick or something lol also signature on the back of the headstock looks cool.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
nice one, babaloued. most importantly - HARU's sig at the back of the headstock. i personally am not too bothered with little dings here and there, as i get my guitars set up if the original set up wasn't up to scratch. so can't wait now!!!

someone, please cancel your MAMI stratomaster already. please.   CANTA Thumbs

Last edited by maharizm on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 7 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
bouvip wrote:
Thanks.  I actually meant how are the fret ends. Are they noticeably sharp? Tends to happen on cheaper guitars.
 Compared with my mami strato, it fells more sharper but not that much I don't have a lots of guitar so I cannot really tell you but for me, it's ok

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:26 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Sexy guitar! Just like the original player herself! That strap, gig bag & signature! The whole package really is tempting!
It's good this Squire is Made in Indonesia. Most of the MIC guitar I'd tried in instrument store don't have properly dressed fret ends! Sure they will cut your fingers.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:25 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the pics! Weird to see HARU's guitar like that, usually she is with it =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:10 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
babaloued wrote:Just about controls, I switched all to maximum and volume'control goes a little bit too far. I don't know how to explain this but I mean the angle... It's not really important.

This should be an easy fix just by removing the knob and then putting it back on. Unless I'm misunderstanding what the problem is. But it sounds like you're saying the knob is not showing you the numbers where you want to see them. That's just the knob being mounted in a certain way; you just need to remove it and remount it with the right amount of rotation for you.

I normally do that with all my knobs anyway, so both volume and tone match exactly and both are accurate on my eyeline (in other words, if I turn both knobs all the way to the stop, they are both on 10 as I'm looking straight on from my playing position).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:57 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:
babaloued wrote:Just about controls, I switched all to maximum and volume'control goes a little bit too far. I don't know how to explain this but I mean the angle... It's not really important.

This should be an easy fix just by removing the knob and then putting it back on. Unless I'm misunderstanding what the problem is. But it sounds like you're saying the knob is not showing you the numbers where you want to see them. That's just the knob being mounted in a certain way; you just need to remove it and remount it with the right amount of rotation for you.

I normally do that with all my knobs anyway, so both volume and tone match exactly and both are accurate on my eyeline (in other words, if I turn both knobs all the way to the stop, they are both on 10 as I'm looking straight on from my playing position).
Yeah I know you can change this easily by removing the knob. It was just to precise that it doesn't fit perfectly when it arrives. And as you can see in one of my picture, I turn knobs to the stop and volume control might 1 or 2 degree too much. Not a big deal lol. It's not like you turn it to the stop and you see number 6 xD

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
babaloued wrote:Yeah I know you can change this easily by removing the knob. It was just to precise that it doesn't fit perfectly when it arrives.

It's common to every guitar I've ever bought. None of them have had the knobs on exactly how I like (or even matching each other) when I got them. I guess they just expect you to change it, since different guitarists prefer the numbers to show differently and have different sight lines depending on how they hold the guitar. So I don't think it reflects on the quality of these; even my American guitars have shipped like this.

btw thanks for posting the pics.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:

I swear to god, though, I'm seeing a regular Jazzmaster bridge on that Stratomaster again. I don't know what's up with that. It was a JM bridge, then it was an AOM, now it's a JM bridge again. Will whoever gets one of these first confirm what it actually comes with?

Following one of your earlier comments re: AOM v JM bridge - can an AOM be installed hassle-free (ie without the drilling etc)? I've just been reading through a few forum discussions but personally am not any clearer on this. Like you, I kinda like the idea of a an AOM on the MAMI Stratomaster. Just a thought only, though. Anyhow, I'd probably keep the bridge as it is - which looks like a JM to me in all the recently tweeted photos.

Oh yes. I scored the MAMI Stratomaster on Yahoo! Auctions via Buyee. The Kitty one with the strap. Don't ask how much. I will now retreat to my cave living on biscuits and water for the foreseeable future. CANTA Walk

Last edited by maharizm on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:27 pm

bouvip

bouvip

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

It's ok GAS makes us do crazy things! I know I'm not gonna see even a penny of my next paycheck now  .toj. 

Just paid ishibashi so hopefully should be here next week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
bouvip wrote:It's ok GAS makes us do crazy things! I know I'm not gonna see even a penny of my next paycheck now  .toj. 

Just paid ishibashi so hopefully should be here next week.

GAS indeed. But lucky you - Ishibashi sending it to the 'States with no bother at all especially after all that kerfuffle with other S-H members' attempts in getting the guitars. And I am glad you decided on getting it - your newly built MAMIcaster now has a 'friend'.  CANTA Thumbs 

On my end, I just received an e-mail from Ikebe that they've sent my BLUETUS via EMS today. EMS is quite fast (looking at how quick my stuff from CD Japan had been arriving thus far) and it'll be great if it arrives by this weekend or early next week.

UPDATE: Tuesday = double happiness day - my friend in Tokyo texted me that my Ishibashi order has arrived. So close yet so far.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 7 10466839_10154248865225274_1258590993_n_zps96c9944b

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:18 am

hitorikun

hitorikun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
got my silverskull today! a mere 4 days (i was told 7-10) . grinning all the way to my house. lol yoshaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

.uhuh. ~ Timo's tears will never lie. SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 7 Timo10[/size]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:52 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
maharizm wrote:Following one of your earlier comments re: AOM v JM bridge - can an AOM be installed hassle-free (ie without the drilling etc)?

Not a standard one, although there might be some aftermarket AOM-like bridge that would work (edit: see below). The thing is the JM bridge floats, so you have these thick holes with metal "thimbles" in them and the bridge just flops around on little posts in there - it's only held in place by string tension.

A TOM/AOM bridge is fixed - it screws directly into the body and sits flush against it. So if a guitar is designed for a standard JM bridge, it takes a lot of work to properly fit a real TOM/AOM - you have to fill the holes, redrill, then cut the pickguard (which are all things you probably don't wanna do to a limited edition guitar).

Edit: supposedly a Gotoh Nashville bridge will work without mods on a vintage spec JM, though: http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_gotohgibson.htm

I would check the string and post spacing first, though, since these are Indonesia Squiers. Kind of unpredictable what spacing they use.

My Mamimaster is in New York right now... wish I could just drive over to the airport and pick it up. It's like 2 miles away...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:30 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
hitorikun wrote:got my silverskull today! a mere 4 days (i was told 7-10) . grinning all the way to my house. lol yoshaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Hey, you're the one who first e-mailed Ishibashi and managed to get a pre-order BEFORE the pre-order started officially right? And it is now with you in Canada - you lucky person, you!

spacecadet wrote:A TOM/AOM bridge is fixed - it screws directly into the body and sits flush against it. So if a guitar is designed for a standard JM bridge, it takes a lot of work to properly fit a real TOM/AOM - you have to fill the holes, redrill, then cut the pickguard (which are all things you probably don't wanna do to a limited edition guitar).

Edit: supposedly a Gotoh Nashville bridge will work without mods on a vintage spec JM, though: http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_gotohgibson.htm

I would check the string and post spacing first, though, since these are Indonesia Squiers. Kind of unpredictable what spacing they use.

My Mamimaster is in New York right now... wish I could just drive over to the airport and pick it up. It's like 2 miles away...

You got it spot on - too much work on a limited edition.  CANTA Noise 

Hope to hear/read your review of your MAMI Stratomaster soon, though. My BLUETUS is in the UK (according to EMS tracking) and its with HM Customs - prolly thinking of how much tax to slap on it before it reaches my home address...  CANTA Cry

You're bringing your sparkly HARU as hand luggage back to NYC after your Japan trip I presume?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 am

BrokenByDefault

BrokenByDefault

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ah, I'm so jealous right now. All my tracking info says is 'Dispatched from outward office of exchange' from late Monday night/Early Tuesday morning, even on the Australia post website too, so I don't think it's even in the country yet.   CANTA Cry

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:16 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mine just arrived!!! .hora. 

But I need to calm down and have my KFC lunch first. Will unbox it later

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:21 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Just a quick question to all who have received their guitars from stores OTHER than Kitty. Does it come with a SCANDAL-labelled gig bag or a crappy gig bag with the yellow SQUIER label on it?

I assumed that the only special item when one buys at Kitty is the strap, but the gig bag should be the same regardless whether you buy it at Kitty or not.

And, kenzo9 - how could you. SCANDAL > KFC maa. hahaha. Enjoy your bucket!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 pm

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
maharizm wrote:Just a quick question to all who have received their guitars from stores OTHER than Kitty. Does it come with a SCANDAL-labelled gig bag or a crappy gig bag with the yellow SQUIER label on it?

Does my pictures answer your questions?

Spoiler:

I had some deep scratches on my Haruna pickguard. after spending some time inspecting it, it seems like there's a very thin sheet of plastic on the pickguard and the scratches are on it. i'm not gonna try remove it. just gonna leave it there for now. i'm leaving for Japan tomorrow night. hopefully when i returning next month, i have enough cash to buy an amp.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

BrokenByDefault

BrokenByDefault

Caless Student
Caless Student
kenzo9 wrote:I had some deep scratches on my Haruna pickguard. after spending some time inspecting it, it seems like there's a very thin sheet of plastic on the pickguard and the scratches are on it. i'm not gonna try remove it. just gonna leave it there for now. i'm leaving for Japan tomorrow night.
It's nothing to worry about, it's easy to peel it off and won't damage actual the pickguard at all. Once you peel it off you'll find a nice clean pickguard underneath. I still remember freaking out when I bought my American Standard Telecaster and seeing the scratched pickguard when I brought it home.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:22 pm

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
BrokenByDefault wrote:
kenzo9 wrote:I had some deep scratches on my Haruna pickguard. after spending some time inspecting it, it seems like there's a very thin sheet of plastic on the pickguard and the scratches are on it. i'm not gonna try remove it. just gonna leave it there for now. i'm leaving for Japan tomorrow night.
It's nothing to worry about, it's easy to peel it off and won't damage actual the pickguard at all. Once you peel it off you'll find a nice clean pickguard underneath. I still remember freaking out when I bought my American Standard Telecaster and seeing the scratched pickguard when I brought it home.
ok thanks for the tip.

btw both guitars came with tools. and only mami's can with an extra whammy bar
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:24 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
kenzo9 wrote:
maharizm wrote:Just a quick question to all who have received their guitars from stores OTHER than Kitty. Does it come with a SCANDAL-labelled gig bag or a crappy gig bag with the yellow SQUIER label on it?

Wow, very nice! As for answering my query, it doesn't - you bought yours from Kitty.

I could've ask my friend who has my Haru Tele but he didn't check the soft case (which was separate from the guitar wrapped in plastic) and the guitar is currently back in the box awaiting to be shipped. Thanks, anyway! (^^)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:38 pm

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
maharizm wrote:
kenzo9 wrote:

Wow, very nice! As for answering my query, it doesn't - you bought yours from Kitty.
Sorry about that, wasn't reading clearly. i'm still on cloud 9. overdose of excitement with my 2 guitars here and tomorrow's flight to Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Awesome pics guys, thanks for posting them  Nice one 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:27 pm

bouvip

bouvip

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mine just shipped so can't wait for it to arrive! Also thanks kenzo for the pics! They both look amazing!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:07 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My Stratomaster arrived as I was reading this thread just now Happy

But I'm going to open it later - must resist for now. Too much work to do today (after writing this).

maharizm wrote:You're bringing your sparkly HARU as hand luggage back to NYC after your Japan trip I presume?

I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, to be honest. I have both of the other ones in Japan now, not just the Haru guitar. I think I will probably ship them when I get there, or maybe ship one and bring the other to save a little money. I could theoretically just have my in-laws ship both now but I'm already bothering them enough, so I'm going to take care of it somehow later. It's really annoying that I went through all this crap with Ishibashi over my shipping address and then they ended up just shipping other peoples' orders to the US anyway.

kenzo9 wrote:and only mami's can with an extra whammy bar
Spoiler:

Telecaster doesn't have tremolo tailpiece so it wouldn't come with one. Haruna doesn't use it so I don't think any of her guitars have it. (Neither does Mami, but I guess they include it because these are really just Vintage Modified Jazzmasters with different pickups.)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.