Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Sorry to hear that metalleo :(They should do it better and respect the fans Sad

On Oricon the single is down to #15 today, lots of new single out.

EDIT: On http://fuckyeahscandalband.tumblr.com/ it says :

SCANDA’s “Departure” At 5th on the Oricon Weekly Charts (5/5)

“Departure" sold a total of 30,953 units, and has the 3rd best weekly sales in the band’s history.

“Awanai Tsumori no, Genki Dene" had 32,533 units on its first week, while "Taiyou Scandalous" had 31,583 units. Congratulations to SCANDAL for getting another top 5 single and selling over 30k copies with "Departure”!

But there is no source and can't find it on Oricon. Also this didn't beat Awanai's first week record so I'm not sure what's going on here =S

That being said it that number is correct, it's still great!! But Slightly disappointed after reading the message on SCANDAL's Facebook that says they have a new first week record.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
@HRMT: HMV won't claim its their fault though, they've already informed they would be folding all their posters. But everyone else knows that folding spoils the paper and the poster, it lowers the quality drastically. I don't understand how HMV as such a large company would put convenience over customer satisfaction. I just got it simply cos I wanted it, but still looking at the folded sections makes me sad

And I really think their customer service is below par. I made a suggestion to HMV that they should roll up all their posters instead, and this is their reply

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry to inform you that all orders are processed automatically,
and we are not able to take individual requests.

Thank you for your understanding.

Like seriously, I'm not asking for a special request to my order. I was making a suggestion to them. It's like they read the general topic of the message, and reply using a template to that particular topic. They don't even seem to bother reading the entire message. For such a huge international company I would expect better customer service as well.

Sorry for going off-topic btw mods. Just had to vent it out somewhere, and this thread had the easiest connection to what I was going to say.

As for the rankings, still think it's better to wait for the actual rankings from oricon. We don't know where they get those numbers from, and it bugs me that they quote their own website as the source for every single post there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
That's really unfortunate man. Makes me thankful cdjapan is so meticulous with the handling of posters thus far

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
yea man, and also thankful that CDJ has such wonderful customer service. Never a bad moment with them. How the heck do I correspond effectively with a company who replies to inquiries using no-reply emails like HMV?

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
Finally! I got mine! With… 3 ad posters x)

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 Depart10

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Marketing strategy? You mean it was always planned like that and they are lying?

Nah there is no reason I think to do that.
I would not be so sure, they know what they're doing but we'll never know  .common.

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:SCANDA’s “Departure” At 5th on the Oricon Weekly Charts (5/5)

“Departure" sold a total of 30,953 units, and has the 3rd best weekly sales in the band’s history.

“Awanai Tsumori no, Genki Dene" had 32,533 units on its first week, while "Taiyou Scandalous" had 31,583 units. Congratulations to SCANDAL for getting another top 5 single and selling over 30k copies with "Departure”!

But there is no source and can't find it on Oricon. Also this didn't beat Awanai's first week record so I'm not sure what's going on here =S

That being said it that number is correct, it's still great!! But Slightly disappointed after reading the message on SCANDAL's Facebook that says they have a new first week record.

I think she (?) was looking at the ninki rankings which is not official ranking, but guesses of how the chart will be
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ns/w/2014-04-25/
(I've asked on tumblr what was the source of the post as it has as its source the blog itself, just for be sure)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:33 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
reilachii wrote:I think she (?) was looking at the ninki rankings which is not official ranking, but guesses of how the chart will be
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ns/w/2014-04-25/
(I've asked on tumblr what was the source of the post as it has as its source the blog itself, just for be sure)

Thanks, it's good to know that it's not official but just a guess. Let's continue to wait for the official numbers, come on Oricon stop sleeping  .knuckles. .rage. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
fyscandalband has replied and posted the source on its post http://fuckyeahscandalband.tumblr.com/post/84237564703/just-for-make-sure-you-see-it-ahah-sorry-hi-im
still waiting for oricon chart official site to update~~ 
of they are true number this is still good but scandal staff has being wrong on their Facebook post since it's not truly their best weekly sales lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well as I said, if this is later confirmed on Oricon as the official sale number it's still good but... Why would SCANDAL staff post about a new record on Facebook??!

Surely they got insider infos about it and thought it was great so they shared this news. I doubt they would do it if the numbers were really close and if the number we got is true, it's basically 1500 copies less than Awanai, that's not just a few CDs and is far from being a record :/

I'm confused Sad Hum is the song available on digital download? Does Oricon count digital downloads or only physical CDs? Maybe this could be a reason? Maybe it's a new record if you take CDs + downloads.

Thanks for posting there and playing the detective =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum is the song available on digital download?

Yes.

From the Oricon Wikipedia page:
"[…]Oricon does not include download sales."

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
looks like the numbers were correct after all

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2014-05-05/

not going to complain at that number at all though. it's only their 3rd single (excluding RH) to have broken 30k first week sales, so its still a really good number, and 5th place is not a bad rank at all to me considering what were released last week.. though what confuses me is that FB post on their official page. A case of being lost in translation on the staff's part I would think?

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Jikan wrote:
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum is the song available on digital download?

Yes.

From the Oricon Wikipedia page:
"[…]Oricon does not include download sales."

That's what I thought, it's the old way with physical CDs only.

metalleo wrote:looks like the numbers were correct after all

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2014-05-05/

not going to complain at that number at all though. it's only their 3rd single (excluding RH) to have broken 30k first week sales, so its still a really good number, and 5th place is not a bad rank at all to me considering what were released last week.. though what confuses me is that FB post on their official page. A case of being lost in translation on the staff's part I would think?

Well that or they have the digital download numbers and added them up. Is there a place like Oricon but for digital only to check official numbers?

3rd best first week is obviously great when it's your 18th single (well 19th with Runners high)!!

But yeah that message by the staff got my hopes very high and I was just sooooo happy to think that their first 100% SCANDAL single would make a record (on Oricon)... That's why right now I'm slightly disappointed =P

I wonder if someone can try to contact them on FB or twitter and ask about that message :/

Also for the daily it's down to #22 for the 29th, it was #15 on the 28th.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:27 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ Japanese ranking doesn't keep track of the digital sales most of the time. you don't have numbers for recochoku and iTunes jp chart has just ranking numbers, not how many times people has download it 
I still don't understand how they seems to not care about digital numbers. I understand that Japanese music is not as strong digitally as Korean one, but it make them look lazy? I don't know 
Departure sale is good anyway, FB staff probably got lost translating from Japanese to English

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh well, it's a surprise to read that in 2014 but I guess they must have their reasons... Would be awesome if someone could contact the staff on twitter/FB and get an answer about that message they posted ^^

Anyway, I got my Departure package from CDJ today!  Happy Onion  Happy Onion 

- Departure Regular Edition
- Departure LE A
- Departure LE B
- 3 posters ^^
- DVD Temptation Box Tour
- High and Mighty Color - Swamp Man album

Only 1 week after release with SAL shipping, not bad considering the price and that I'm on the other side of the planet ^^

A bit surprised by the lack of colors on the back cover on Departure, doesn't suit the rest IMO =P

Rainy sounds even better on CD quality obviously!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 01, 2014 7:10 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
While Departure did not managed to beat the first week sales of Awanai (or TS), but it's their highest charted song on Billboard Japan's Hot 100 (#3, previous best was DOLL at #5) and Adult Contemporary Airplay (#10, previous best was Over Diver at #16) charts! Yay!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Are these charts voted by the fans, determined by radio/tv plays?

Thanks for sharing that, it's nice to know and even if they didn't break an official sale record it seems that indeed this song/single is definitely one of their top 3 now!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo: Billboard charts are based on radio, physical sales, digital downloads, digital streaming and even Youtube (for the streaming charts).

Just for info:
Singles Sales: http://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=sales (#3)
Airplay: http://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=adult_airplay (#10)
Hot 100: http://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=hot100 (#3)

Singles sales: I think it's obvious
Airplay: radio broadcasting
Hot 100: physical sales + airplay + digital + youtube + ...

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 9:46 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
i finally have my CDs :)and 2 posters Happy

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 14 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:08 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Looks like they made a good second week with the rankings, surely the sales with go up with 4.000 or 5.000 more  .clap. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 pm

stix

Caless Student
Caless Student
i love departure. awesome single. rainy is very very rock. it reminds me a bit of the old scandal but i think their just more refined and polished now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 1:14 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Jikan wrote:Hot 100: physical sales + airplay + digital + youtube + ...
Billboard Japan don't count YouTube plays, tough they count Twitter mentions and Gracenote database lookups (or whatever)

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Looks like they made a good second week with the rankings, surely the sales with go up with 4.000 or 5.000 more  .clap. 

2nd week #22 with 4,573 copies (total: 35,526) <-- 3rd best second week sales for them (Shoujo S is #1 with 6,022 copies, Shunkan is #2 with 5,066)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
It's very nice indeed, especially because #1&2 (Shoujo S & Shunkan) are from 2009/2010.

I got interested in the charts with this single so I started to compile the sale numbers today and it's interesting how long these 2 songs were in the charts. They didn't sell big on first day but then stayed for week and weeks in the charts, slowing selling more.

If we only look in the recent past, let's say from 2012 on, Departure is actually their best single for the second week : #1 Departure 4.573 copies, #2 Runners high 4.454 copies and #3 Taiyou 4.147 copies.

Also, in overall sales, Departure is already #4 with 35.526 copies! Let's see if it can beat the top 3 : #1 Awanai 40.639 copies, #2 Runners high 39.563 copies and #3 Taiyou 39.033 copies.

But it's going to be difficult, 3rd week the sales are really going down. If we exclude old songs like Shoujo S, the 3rd week is around 1.500~~, Runners high was the recent record with 2056. It's going to be interesting to follow ^^

So yup the single is doing good, congratulations SCANDAL  .clap.  .clap. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:It's very nice indeed, especially because #1&2 (Shoujo S & Shunkan) are from 2009/2010.

I got interested in the charts with this single so I started to compile the sale numbers today and it's interesting how long these 2 songs were in the charts. They didn't sell big on first day but then stayed for week and weeks in the charts, slowing selling more.

I think these songs had longer staying power because they were each part of insanely popular anime

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yes totally, but I wanted to keep it short and not expand too much on that, after all it's not really the topic =P But you are right of course and this is also the reason I hope that "soon", SCANDAL will get a song like that to be associated with a very popular anime.

The Pokémon song is coming but it's a movie and not a weekly anime... But we will see Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 8:03 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Haha, maybe we can hope SCANDAL does a song for Attack on Titan. That'll easily sell over 100k if that happens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum