You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:48 pm

LJSLJH

Caless Student
Caless Student
reilachii wrote:^ I think it was sold out on tower records inshibuya, wasn't it?
It happens in music stores to finish CDs and display more the next day. no one buy millions of copies neither cd stores I suppose (but the fact they went temporally sold out is a big sign)

I see...hehe...I didn't think about that.but yup,, I was happy when I read that. Since its the fans who requested for Departure to be a single, it show good sales number. 
I hope SCANDAL can sell more, since foreign bands like CNBLUE can sell 100,000 for a single. Also, I think SCANDAL should promote outside their fanbase, I mean, to gain new fans, and not only to fans that has followed them since forever. They're getting old,the fans are getting old,but they have to stay relevant and more known.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Next time, please edit your first post if you want to add something else.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:53 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
well scandal actually promoted outside their fanbase doing the momoiro clover collaboration lol. but as you said, this single was mostly requested by fans (new or old) and departure has a pretty deep meaning for the girls so this was a single for fans, it isn't the right song to promote outside (?) 
also scandal promote a lot outside their fanbase (look at the summer music festival for example)

anyway, I started wishing for scandal to add more and more orchestra instrument in their songs ugh. departure is so pretty with all the violins, wish they will make a heartbreaking ballad soon with a little orchestra on the background

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:59 pm

LJSLJH

Caless Student
Caless Student
True! I love Departure as well, and when the vidoe first came out I really wished they would release it as a single. And the fact that they made it themselves make it extra special~

But what exactly is SCANDAL's image? I mean, unlike other bands, they don't necessarily make their own songs, and they're not the traditional girl band, so are they considered artists? 

I also wish they would tackle a more variety of themes in their songs:) and like what you said, more orchestra instruments!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

LJSLJH wrote:
But what exactly is SCANDAL's image? I mean, unlike other bands, they don't necessarily make their own songs, and they're not the traditional girl band, so are they considered artists? 
well of course they are a band, even if they don't write all their songs their opinions on the music they release, their image and their lives totally matter. they are not idol, they just like going on like this maybe? write stuff always for each release maybe it's stressful as we talked already in the past in this forum (I think we are going a little bit off topic maybe?) 

aah I'm so happy I'm not the only one wanting more orchestra feels here!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

LJSLJH wrote:Hi, 

on the first day I think I saw in  a facebook page,Rina tweeted that it was sold out on the first day. So does it mean that there are only certain number of CDs available in a day?if it is, then there's only a certain number of copies fans can buy, so how are they going to compete with other releases that has more CDs available in stores?

simple, when physical sales are sold out they compete through online sales. Most websites also keep track of sales which contribute to the ranking. about physical sales though, they probably order based on expected demand. there's no point ordering too many if they are not sure they can meet the demand for the CDs, which probably is determined from sales of past singles. 

reilachii wrote:anyway, I started wishing for scandal to add more and more orchestra instrument in their songs ugh. departure is so pretty with all the violins, wish they will make a heartbreaking ballad soon with a little orchestra on the background

exactly my sentiments. they've not done a ballad as a single since namida no regret (which was 3 years ago. feels so long now), and even after that they've not done much ballads (one piece is the only one that comes to mind now). they tackled that song pretty good, so i'm hoping they do something similar for a single in the near future, and with the orchestras too. they add a pretty good dimension to the song which makes it really pleasing to the ear

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:15 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Ballads are really tricky for rock bands. Scandal has a few and the ones they do have are pretty good, but there's a reason they haven't done more. Most ballads these days are made by pop bands and it's easy for a rock band to get typecast as sappy or overly sentimental if they have too many of them.

I think it was Rina (or maybe Mami) that actually made a point on Twitter when STANDARD was released that it contained "no ballads". They were trying to establish some street cred with that fact, and to go back to their roots (BEST*SCANDAL also had no ballads).

"Departure" is pretty close to one, though. And they will probably do others in the future, but they will be few and far between.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:28 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ now that I think about other bands, that's actually true.
STANDARD was some kind of themed album (no ballads, back to the past sound, making their own standard etc), but Japanese audience loves ballad even if one or two in an album most of the times. Departure is pretty near to being called a ballad, it's true, but it's too much a "personal song dedicated to the carrier/fans" that a love ballad. Hope the next album will have at least one, they are not evil stuff ahah
(omg bands no regret was seriously 3 years ago?? when did it happen? I'm shocked)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
It was sold out in Shibuya on day 1? Is that the first time it happens or is this normal for their singles and not a big deal anyway? First time I read something like that... But it's nice if it's true and is another good sign for a high sale number.

Also does anyone know when we will get the weekly sale number update? Today? Next week? How long does it usually take?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:23 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ I know some other artist's CDs goes sold out temporally on cd shops quite often. It just proves that there's a big request of them (not sure if it's the first time it happens to scandal...)

the weekly usually comes out on Tuesday if I'm correct so tomorrow we'll know how much departure has sold

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ok thanks for the information! Thumbs Onion 

I'm always impatient to know the sale numbers on their releases but this time it's crazy  Onion XD 

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:16 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ actually everything become crazier and crazier at each release omg (and I love this feeling)  .dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:44 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Did I miss something? What do you guys mean the single was requested by fans? What's the story?

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ it wasn't planned a physical release for departure, but because of the big request by the fans, scandal decided to make it happen Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
kaitanuva wrote:Did I miss something? What do you guys mean the single was requested by fans? What's the story?

Yeah. Actually, you missed the whole story x)

reilachii summed it up (except SONY decided to release the single, not SCANDAL).

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:00 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Jikan wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:Did I miss something? What do you guys mean the single was requested by fans? What's the story?

Yeah. Actually, you missed the whole story x)

reilachii summed it up (except SONY decided to release the single, not SCANDAL).

Thanks for the summary guys

Do you know the source thread for this by any chance?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ I was actually searching in this topic before posting my reply but totally given up ;___;'' maybe they say so during a radio recording (scanomics)? I don't remember

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It mainly was on Twitter. RINA's twitter. She thanked many times the fans who flooded some websites/charts/radios with requests for having Departure released as a single. I think it was discussed in this thread. I remember posting somewhere on SH about a radio ranking Departure #1 as most-wanted-song and saying they were flooded by fan requests. It was in a SCANOMICS too, indeed, and on SCANDAL's FB (like "no release planned yet but please watch Departure carefully in a near future") and in a few other media.

If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wonder what would have happened otherwise? It stays in the dark and ends up in their future album?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:33 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
kaitanuva wrote:Do you know the source thread for this by any chance?

Wonder what would have happened otherwise? It stays in the dark and ends up in their future album?

Here's an excerpt from RINA's blog entry when it was first announced that they'd officially be releasing "Departure":

Spoiler:

Here's one from HARU as well:

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------

Finally got my RE and HARU calendar poster today!

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 1F9EJns

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @ 茨城 - 水戸 - 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ 福岡 - 東京 08.21 Sekai Ichi 2024 LUMINOUS @ 名古屋 - 横浜 - 大阪 - 奈良
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:51 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ah yes now I remember that tweet from Rina. I think I saw the release date and forgot all else, heh

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I also wonder the whole story behind it. They are saying it wasn't planned to be a single so I wonder what the initial plan was.

Runners high came out mid-February so with their pace it's hard to imagine SCANDAL would only release a single in summer (pokemon song). Especially with the arenas coming, having a single out and promoting it before was important IMO to get some attention again. So maybe they had another song planned as single? In that case which song what is? Rainy? Or an unknown song?

That other song may be released as single shortly after Departure if it was originally planned like that? So many questions ^^

It still is a bit difficult to believe that Departure wasn't planned as a release, at least as a B-side. They made a PV for it and share it for a day to celebrate OJH but they must have had a plan with it.

They also have the Best Xmas footage on the LEs so this was planned and surely means a single release was planned around that period of time.

My theory is that a single was planned anyway but the A-side changed. Either Rainy was planned as A-side or an unknown song. IMO Departure with its PV was planned as a B-side or just a future release on the album with its PV used as DVD bonus.

Well now with Hawaii and then the arenas coming I doubt they will release and promote another single. Unless they planned a crazy schedule to get media attention (arenas + new single promo). That being said, it's SCANDAL, it could happen.

Especially if they made a new sale record, why not release another single, have the arenas and then the pokémon song.

Congrats on the poster =D

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think rainy was definitely planned to be release physically and mate departure some time later as we had for weather report? or maybe it was all a marketing strategy (music label love doing these)
They still have the Pokemon song to release so maybe on the summer festival they are going to play rainy and that one (totally forgot the name, I'm embarrassing ahah). I highly doubt they will release anything else until the Hawaii concert

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Marketing strategy? You mean it was always planned like that and they are lying?

Nah there is no reason I think to do that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Finally got my RE and HARU calendar poster today!
You lucky girl! :)

The postman passed by today but I wasn't at home >_<
I'm ready for going to the Post office early hour tomorrow!

IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
How nice, unfolded poster looked so great. I just received my RINA poster frm HMV yesterday as well, and i got to say the creases completely ruined what would have been a wonderful poster. Damn HMV, for such a large company why cant they spend a bit more money and effort to ensure the best quality products are sent to customers?

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 13 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down