Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii
Posted Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:06 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have successfully signed up! Hotel is not a problem for me since I'm coming with my family as a little bonus vacation but I will be the only one coming onto the tour. I'm kind of nervous since it's my first time coming to a Scandal event and meeting Scandal fans so I hope to meet new friends on the tour~ ^^;

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:56 am

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ThoseGuiltyEyes

YES!

2 YES!

3 YES!

4 NOPE! Just me.

5 USA East Coast

6 DONE!

Last edited by dpcarrico on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 am

Daydreamer P

Daydreamer P

Caless Student
Caless Student
Maybe a weird question, but can I use anyones phone-number to log-in to the fan meeting tour.
The site doenst accept my phone number becouse its Dutch     .fustrated. 

Please, help an SH member out please  .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@Daydreamer P: I'll e-mail you now.

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Noodles: Looks like you're not the only one now! I actually work in the OC area and I live in Cerritos which is right next to it and although it's in LA County, it's pretty far away from LA. Driving there won't be a problem though and I would definitely be down to meet up with you guys! I'm actually planning to share a room with macrx78, he booked one at the Ewa Waikiki Hotel by the Marriott where the event will take place and it'll be within walking distance so we can do a bit of sight seeing. I think it's cheaper and more convenient compared to the other hotels in the area so look out for that!

Note: So far I have down kaitanuva, Wizard Haru, and Airi-chan as those who don't have a plan for a hotel yet. After all the details about the hotels me and the others are staying at are sorted out, I'll help form one for/with you guys so we can stick as close as we can together and save money for more important things!

@macrx78: Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she's okay now and wish her a speedy recovery! Be sure to buy a souveneir for her yeah? And wow, look at you. One step ahead of the game. In that case, I'll pay half of whatever you paid for the room and if you're willing to let another person or two in we can cut down the costs even more! I actually won't mind sleeping on a chair or the floor if it comes to it. I only need a hotel room to sleep and keep my things in, haha.

@Racheiru: Me too! I was a little short of the fee but luckily my tax return came in today, haha. Don't worry, you're not alone. It's gonna be a first for me and several others here too so you'll definitely come home with new friends. ^^

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@thoseguiltyeyes: bummer about not allowed to take photos but rules are rules.  Everyone will just have to write about the experience whilst we use our imagination.  It's sounding more and more exciting and even more special - I'm so happy for those going  .clap. 

@macrx78: Hope she is ok.  It's always scary when things like that happen. All the best

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:14 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@KFDzero she's completely fine with not a single scratch on her but she's disappointed as you can imagine.

UPDATE on my part:
I plan on checking in Hawaii on May 30th and checking out June 3rd (4 nights)
Now two options:

So if I upgraded my room at Ewa to a 4 person bedroom suite the total would be $200 per night (4 nights = ~$900)

The Marriott is actually holding a special for a 4 person bedroom for $200 per night + Resort fees $120 (4 nights = ~$1,000) 

So far the roomies I have on my hotel list are:
1. Fredrickfx
2. Daydreamer P
3. myself 
4. ?
so we would need one more person in our group to satisfy the estimates below.

I don't know exactly for sure how long others are staying but I am staying for 4 nights regardless so prices varies depending on how long other people plan on staying:

Ewa Hotel: 
3 nights ~$150 per person
4 nights ~$225 per person

Mariott:  
3 nights ~$175 per person
4 nights ~$260 per person

If anyone finds anything better please let me know so I can cancel my reservation. 
I can't send PMs yet so those of you who want to discuss this more privately PM me your email.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:36 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For me personally, I'll be staying in Hawaii for five nights (May 29 until June 3). Right now, I'm hoping to work something out with Wizard Haru but if it doesn't work out, I'll be open for sharing a room with someone.

I did some looking into the Ewa Waikiki and it looks pretty good for a budget motel, but there is one concern. And it's a fairly large concern. Some of the reviews say they use old school keys instead of the newer card keys. As a hotel employee, I can tell you that is a major security concern. Security is why hotels largely no longer use the regular keys anymore. It's hard to break into a card key room but easy to break into a regular key room. So that's concerning to me.

Then again, those reviews are from 2012-early 2013 so things might have changed. But other than that, the Ewa Waikiki is a decent place to stay at. It's affordable and looks fairly clean for a budget place. It would be a good idea to look into if we're looking to stay at the same place. Although, since they're budget, I doubt they'd give us that group discount I mentioned. Tongue

I think the Marriott is a bit expensive but I'm also working on a very tight budget. xD When I've got a bit more free time, I'll do more exploring into hotels in the general area to see what's affordable and about. c:

Another thing about hotels is that it's better to book sooner rather than later. I'd say, at the latest, we should have our rooms booked by mid-April or early May (as in the first week). The closer it gets to the Ekiden, the higher the prices will go. Hotels take advantage of events by raising prices the closer the event gets, and I don't expect Hawaii to be any different. So the sooner we all book the rooms, the cheaper it'll be. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:48 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Airi-Chan 
I actually just canceled my reservation for Ewa because I found a better quality place for an even better price.

I just reserved the "Aston at the Waikiki Banyan" for $820 its only a 2min walk from the Marriott.
2 twin, bed sofa, private lanai, kitchen, ect.
3 nights ~$170 per person of 4
4 nights ~$205 per person of 4

If you have the time check out the "Aston at the Waikiki Banyan." It definitely has some nice amenities compared to Ewa and for a decent price.

also forgot to mention but it says that the room can fit 5 people so maybe I can even get an extra person to room with us. though I preferred not too much of a crowded room it would at least be an option.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:48 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If you guys are concerned about price, you can always look into hostels like I am. Especially if you're staying wayyy longer than the Fan Meeting Tour dates. Don't want to waste that $800 plane ticket, y'know, gotta make the most out of this trip!  .clap. 

Hostelling International Waikiki: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d285170-Reviews-or60-Hostelling_International_Waikiki-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html#REVIEWS

Sifted through the reviews, it looks VERY good. $25 a night!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:07 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
@macrx78: I got your e-mail, the place looks hoppin! Thanks for all the info. I'm staying all the nights you are so you don't have to worry about me. And private kitchen eh? Let's get some spam and eggs!

@Airi-chan: Hopefully things work out and let us know if they don't because we're still looking for one more person. The thing is, we're arriving a day after you so you'll probably find someone else to share a room with by then. Even so, we'll be your emergency back up just in case! It looks like we switched to the Aston at Waikiki Banyan which I'm assuming uses card keys. Judging from what you said, we probably dodged a bullet by doing so. I'd hate to come back to the hotel room and find all my souveneirs stolen, lol. ._.

@kaitanuva: Wow, you weren't kidding. There are a lot of good reviews and the prices are so low, jeez. Even though it's tempting, I think we're gonna end up being spoiled brats and book a hotel. It's gonna be my first time in Hawaii so I might as well go all out!

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@macrx78
I'll take a look at it probably tomorrow at some point. It's like 2 am right now and I'm a bit tired from looking at hotels for a good few hours. xD For right now, I think Wizard Haru and I are looking at the Royal Grove Hotel or the Pacific Beach Hotel. They're both fairly close to the Marriott and affordable for the two of us, since we both appear to be working on a very tight budget each. We looked into the Marriott but when I called and tried to book at their site, I got quoted over $2,600 for five nights and even splitting that in half was way too high for me. I'd never be able to afford it.

We're looking at other hotels that are within walking distance of the Marriott (and not over 10 minutes) so we'll stay close to everyone even if we end up staying somewhere else. ^^

@kaitanuva
A hostel was my original plan lol. But then I broke down and decided I didn't want to stay in Hawaii alone and wanted someone to room with. xD I also don't too much like the idea of a hostel. I'm a rather private person so the openness and dorm style of hostels doesn't appeal to me.  .sweat. 

Aha I wish I could stay way longer than the Ekiden, but I have to get home to go back to work. My boss will hurt me if I ask for any more days off.... Pretty sure he already wants to hurt me for taking the three off now lol. xD

@fredrickfx
Thank you. ^^ I'll make sure to get back to you on what Wizard Haru and I decide. c:
To be honest, I wasn't even aware any hotels used regular keys any more. This is the first I've seen in years, and I've practically grown up around hotels. Things like this are why I'm a bit obsessive about checking reviews on hotels. Tongue

For right now, it looks like we're looking at the Royal Grove Hotel, which is about 6 minute walk from the Marriott. We tried the Marriott but doesn't seem like it'll work out when I got quoted a rate of over $2,600 for the 5 night stay. -3- Apparently I completely forgot about sales tax when I was looking over the original prices. .silence.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:18 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@fredrickfx haha spam and eggs oh no I prefer not to relive my college years lol but hey if I find the right ingredients I could cook Japanese curry, mabo tofu, miso, or some Korean dish instead.

@kaitanuva hostels are a hit or miss for me. But this one looks promising! I stayed at a couple when going overseas and here in the states. My problem though was my own insecurity of leaving my equipment behind in the room with strangers like my dslr, laptop, ect. But they sure are great for the budget traveler and you meet some pretty wickedly awesome people that pass through there.

@airi-chan if you are a AAA member you can actually get 15% off your total although most of the hotel reps I spoke to didn't give it to me due to the "special rates" charge Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@macrx78
Unfortunately, I'm not a AAA member and I don't think he is either. So we're both out of luck on that.  CANTA Depressed  We decided to go with the Royal Grove Hotel. It's a six minute walk from the Marriott so it'll be easy to keep around with everyone else. ^^

So that's where we'll be staying if anyone else is looking for an affordable, cheap hotel in the area of the event. The Royal Grove has good ratings pretty much everywhere, which is astounding to me as it's a budget motel, so it looks to be a pretty good price for its location.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 pm

pentrep

Caless Student
Caless Student
1. Are you going/plan to go to Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 on June 1, 2014?
Yes
2. Can you be in Hawaii from at least May 31st to June 2nd?
Yes
3. Are you prepared to pay around $400 to participate in the Fan Meeting Tour? This does not include any travel arrangements such as flight or hotel, so it does NOT matter whether you live in Hawaii or are coming in from somewhere else.
IF YOU WISH TO JOIN THIS TOUR, YOU MUST PAY THIS FEE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Yes
4. Will you be bringing anyone else along with you? If so, how many people? Are they going to join the tour as well? Please be advised that every single person MUST pay the fee in order to participate.
No
5. Which country will you be coming from?
USA

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:17 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Anyone else who is seriously interested in attending the Fan Meeting Tour, be sure to comment here + e-mail me by this Friday, April 11th. That is the LAST day you can sign up for this. Late registrations will not be accepted.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
Well after much debate with work, and other things that have almost prevented me from going i was able to get the okay and i signed up for the fan tour! also paid the tour price as well so i'm guessing that makes me in the tour now? idk. but yeah so signed up and reserved and paid. 

well hopefully everything runs smoothly till june.

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:04 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Hawaii fan That's awesome news! Glad you got the green light. This really is an opportunity anyone should not pass. If you got a confirmation email then your place in the tour should be well reserved. I seriously can't wait to see these girls!
 LOVE 
I missed them twice in Japan. This time I will definitely see them. I just never thought it be in the States Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hawaii fan wrote:Well after much debate with work, and other things that have almost prevented me from going i was able to get the okay and i signed up for the fan tour! also paid the tour price as well so i'm guessing that makes me in the tour now? idk. but yeah so signed up and reserved and paid. 

well hopefully everything runs smoothly till june.

Awesome dude! The more the merrier!

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:57 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
Yep got a confirmation email and it said thank you for the purchase and i'm super excited. can't wait to see them in june. gonna be worth every penny hopefully.

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:24 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Hawaii Fan, Which part of Oahu do you live on? Anyone else from Hawaii wanna do meet up perhaps?

I just hope the "Official Scandal items giveaway" is signed by Scandal members. That's going to worth every penny considering we can't take pics and vids.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 am

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
!! ALL SIGNED UP AND H.I.S. PAID FOR !! YEAH !!

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wizardharu.tumblr.com/
So when will everyone be arriving?  Are we able to meet up earlier than the events and hang out or will everyone be doing their separate things?

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 Haruna_zps9bffb496
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Since people are arriving on different days, I think the best time to schedule a meet-up would be the evening of the Expo on May 31st. Everyone is sure to be there by then because of the mandatory check-in for the tour. We can probably plan things out better once we get closer to the dates and everyone gets their schedules together.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
IndoLegend wrote: That's going to worth every penny considering we can't take pics and vids.

Well we do get group photos with the band that we get to keep

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 4 61185
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.